Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Guide] Competitive Analysis: Neopunk
(06-07-2017, 12:07 AM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
(06-07-2017, 12:02 AM)Cataclyptic Wrote: Good analysis for Neopunk. IMO Instant Crush is an amazing move due to its priority and flinch rate- you get lucky with this move I made a horrible pun on accident and I feel ashamed it can spell doom for anything that doesn't resist psychic.

Which is everything that's not psychic, steel, or dark.  60 power (90 after STAB) is a lot for a priority move with no drawbacks, too.  Only stronger ones are Sucker Punch (80 power, 70 starting in Gen 7, foe has to attack), Extreme Speed (80 power, +2 priority, very, very limited distribution), and Flame Impact boosted by Inflagetah's Acceleration (55 power, 1.5x boost from Acceleration, another 1.5x from STAB, +2 priority...ew.  Just...ew.)

I guess another way to put it is Instant Crush is as powerful as a Technician Bullet/Mach Punch from Scizor/Breloom.  Fun.

Exactly. I feel that this one is worse though because of the 30% (I think?) flinch rate, which on a priority move is disgustingly powerful. Don't know which is worse between that and those Inflagetah alcs. Probably Inflagetah just because its the better mon.
(06-08-2017, 01:57 AM)Cataclyptic Wrote: Exactly. I feel that this one is worse though because of the 30% (I think?) flinch rate, which on a priority move is disgustingly powerful. Don't know which is worse between that and those Inflagetah alcs. Probably Inflagetah just because its the better mon.

I always seem to forget that flinch chance, tbh.  The move description and wiki both neglect to mention it.
(06-08-2017, 10:55 AM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
(06-08-2017, 01:57 AM)Cataclyptic Wrote: Exactly. I feel that this one is worse though because of the 30% (I think?) flinch rate, which on a priority move is disgustingly powerful. Don't know which is worse between that and those Inflagetah alcs. Probably Inflagetah just because its the better mon.

I always seem to forget that flinch chance, tbh.  The move description and wiki both neglect to mention it.

Unless they changed it while I was out on the wiki... seems like it's actually 15% from the previous data mining. Anyone care to back me up on this?