Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Guide] Competitive Analysis: Neopunk
(06-06-2017, 05:13 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: If they is one thing I want more than anything else, is for them to add all the missing move into the game, and enable all the Pokémon in the game to learn every one of their moves in their learnset/breedset/TM Pool. Hazards would not be such a problem, and Genderless Pokémon deserve to have access to all their moves one way or another!

You messed up the quotes somehow, my dear.
But yeah, I agree with that, but understand that it takes quite a while to do so in the same breath.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
Okay, Dunseraph not being able to learn Stealth Rock is just downright strange.  Dunsparce is a canon pokemon after all, so there should be no issue with the Stealth Rock TM there.

In general, I think the whole egg move thing just needs another going over in one of the future updates.  Giving the pokemon access to all their moves would definitely be great, but they also need to look at the general rules surrounding TMs and egg moves and apply them.

Like TMs don't count as egg moves and are learnable by any pokemon that can use the move.

Or genderless pokemon can't have any egg moves because it's impossible to obtain them (dang you, gen 2 Staryu!).

It is a fan game, so it's expected that there will be errors in the end (heck, even official games have 'em still, like the above example), but I would have thought general rules like that would still be followed.  (I'm still completely baffled as to why Tikiki and Frikitiki have an EV yield of 0...I mean, I get that no AI trainer in the game uses them as of right now, but still...)
I understand that, but I just wish they would get this task done at some point. Once every move in the game is finally added in and accessible in some manner, then the Comp scene would revive itself, as they would be little uncertainty in using Pokémon at that point, and the meta would rebalance itself.

Right now, without anyone viable users of Defog or Rapid Spin, only Mega Sableye and Magic Coat users are able to counter hazards, but they can't remove it...
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
(06-06-2017, 05:20 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: Or genderless pokemon can't have any egg moves because it's impossible to obtain them (dang you, gen 2 Staryu!).

If that is a decision that is made, I want them to have someway of getting those moves, once they are gone from its movepool. Gellin having Power Gym to counter Flying, Fire, Bug, and Ice types would certainly be a bone to it, as otherwise it has to rely on HP Rock to get that crucial coverage...
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

(06-06-2017, 05:27 PM)Lord Windos Wrote:
(06-06-2017, 05:20 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: Or genderless pokemon can't have any egg moves because it's impossible to obtain them (dang you, gen 2 Staryu!).

If that is a decision that is made, I want them to have someway of getting those moves, once they are gone from its movepool. Gellin having Power Gym to counter Flying, Fire, Bug, and Ice types would certainly be a bone to it, as otherwise it has to rely on HP Rock to get that crucial coverage...

I've been working on the Gellin guide on and off today.  I don't actually recommend HP Rock.  It's part electric, so flying is no issue.  Bug and ice can both be handled by HP-fire, and fire...well, it's better just to let the other team members handle the fire types for the most part in Gellin's case, since Archilles and Inflagetah are the fire types that are the biggest cause for concern.  (and you hit the fire types harder with Solar Beam or Thunderbolt than a super effective hidden power, unless it's ground on a Chimaconda or a SE Hidden Power on a Frikitiki)

There's far more pressing concerns for Hidden Power's type in Gellin's case, unfortunately for the cell. Like being able to hit Dragon and Grass types that resist its STAB moves.
(06-06-2017, 05:34 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: I've been working on the Gellin guide on and off today.  I don't actually recommend HP Rock.  It's part electric, so flying is no issue.  Bug and ice can both be handled by HP-fire, and fire...well, it's better just to let the other team members handle the fire types for the most part in Gellin's case, since Archilles and Inflagetah are the fire types that are the biggest cause for concern.  (and you hit the fire types harder with Solar Beam or Thunderbolt than a super effective hidden power, unless it's ground on a Chimaconda or a SE Hidden Power on a Frikitiki)

There's far more pressing concerns for Hidden Power's type in Gellin's case, unfortunately for the cell.  Like being able to hit Dragon and Grass types that resist its STAB moves.

HP Ice pretty much the only move it can use that could put a dent into them, but that means that Steel and Bug types still wall the ever loving nucleus out of Gellin. Choosing to either HP puts you in a position to be trivialized by one of its counters. Oy vie...

Ironically, Nuclear Gellin doesn't suffer as much from this, since Radioacid wreaks anything that's not steal, and it has HP Fire just for them. Any other move is superfluous on it at that point, and its abilities just trivialize things even further for the germ. That, and its typing gives it neutral resistance to common attacking types (Ground, Water, Grass, Electric) give it more longevity than most other Nucmons.

(06-06-2017, 05:48 PM)Lord Windos Wrote:
(06-06-2017, 05:34 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: I've been working on the Gellin guide on and off today.  I don't actually recommend HP Rock.  It's part electric, so flying is no issue.  Bug and ice can both be handled by HP-fire, and fire...well, it's better just to let the other team members handle the fire types for the most part in Gellin's case, since Archilles and Inflagetah are the fire types that are the biggest cause for concern.  (and you hit the fire types harder with Solar Beam or Thunderbolt than a super effective hidden power, unless it's ground on a Chimaconda or a SE Hidden Power on a Frikitiki)

There's far more pressing concerns for Hidden Power's type in Gellin's case, unfortunately for the cell.  Like being able to hit Dragon and Grass types that resist its STAB moves.

HP Ice pretty much the only move it can use that could put a dent into them, but that means that Steel and Bug types still wall the ever loving nucleus out of Gellin. Choosing to either HP puts you in a position to be trivialized by one of its counters. Oy vie...

Ironically, Nuclear Gellin doesn't suffer as much from this, since Radioacid wreaks anything that's not steal, and it has HP Fire just for them. Any other move is superfluous on it at that point, and its abilities just trivialize things even further for the germ. That, and its typing gives it neutral resistance to common attacking types (Ground, Water, Grass, Electric) give it more longevity than most other Nucmons.

All things I've noted in the guide so far.  My top 5 HP types for it are:
Fighting (tracton.  helps with metalynx still too.  murders actan)
Fire (metalynx.  And bugs.  And ice.  and steel and grass.  As powerful as a neutral Solar Beam when 2x super effective and in the sun, so it's not completely inferior to a neutral thunderbolt when only 2x SE, unlike other hidden power types)
Ground (almost purely for Chimaconda, though it also nails Yatagaryu and M-Ampharos)
Ice (most dragons and a few grass types.  murders cocancer and gliscor, as well as coatlith)
Fairy (most dragons.  murders baariette)

And for N-Gellin, reduce that list to fire and fighting (pick your poison.  Would you rather dent both tracton and metalynx or obliterate just metalynx?).

Unfortunately, picking any one of those types leaves Gellin walled by other pokemon, but each one handles a range of pokemon that Gellin would have trouble with otherwise.  Using Gellin requires a lot of careful team planning, for more than one reason.

The only Grass type Gellin really has to worry about in the 'standard' tier is Metalynx, and then the large variety of dragons that accompany it.  Lower down is where Frikitiki comes into play, but the monkey isn't too difficult to handle for the most part, unlike the other fire mons, so Hidden Power Rock isn't all that important, I feel.
Good analysis for Neopunk. IMO Instant Crush is an amazing move due to its priority and flinch rate- you get lucky with this move I made a horrible pun on accident and I feel ashamed it can spell doom for anything that doesn't resist psychic.
(06-07-2017, 12:02 AM)Cataclyptic Wrote: Good analysis for Neopunk. IMO Instant Crush is an amazing move due to its priority and flinch rate- you get lucky with this move I made a horrible pun on accident and I feel ashamed it can spell doom for anything that doesn't resist psychic.

Which is everything that's not psychic, steel, or dark.  60 power (90 after STAB) is a lot for a priority move with no drawbacks, too.  Only stronger ones are Sucker Punch (80 power, 70 starting in Gen 7, foe has to attack), Extreme Speed (80 power, +2 priority, very, very limited distribution), and Flame Impact boosted by Inflagetah's Acceleration (55 power, 1.5x boost from Acceleration, another 1.5x from STAB, +2 priority...ew. Just...ew.)

I guess another way to put it is Instant Crush is as powerful as a Technician Bullet/Mach Punch from Scizor/Breloom.  Fun.
I like my Neopunk a lot more all of a sudden
Backup your saves, don't lose progress!
C:\users\<Username>\Saved Games\Pokemon_Uranium

Save Backups:
C:\users\<Username>\Saved Games\Pokemon_Uranium\Backups

OID: 000003 OT: Cody