Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A good competitive cocancer set
Quote:But is there any move other than Rock tomb and stone edge? Rock tomb is weak and stone edge might miss in a tight position
Cocancer learns Rock Slide via TM. If you manage to outspeed the opponent you have a chance of flinching. 

Quote:I would strongly recommend against that, mate. Having two Pokémon on your team with a 4X Weakness to Ice is just begging for trouble, and M-Archilles doesn't like taking a STAB neutral hit regardless.
I was considering Cocancer for the overall bulk and Ground resistance, which appeared crucial to me in today's meta. The only Ice-move users I see played online are Electruxo, Fafninter and Syrentide, which is a lot less than the myriad of Earthquake users. A second double weakness to Ice moves (with Coatlith) is something I was prepared to deal with with the other mons on the team. But you're absolutely right to point that weakness, as while there may not be many Ice users at the moment (just my impression),Ice Beam remains very easy to splash on a team. I still have some thinking to do.
They is always the Bug type weakness to consider, if you are going to run both Chlorophyll users together. While I'm not too connected with online battling, I do know that Siekematter, Harptera, Frothra are big enough threats that having two Pokémon with a Bug Weakness would be troublesome indeed. That goes double with Frothra, as its packing Ice STABs as well! Granted, a good Rock or Fire move will send them packing, but they could always have a back up plan...
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
Windos, didn't you said you'll be heading to bed...? Insomnia? :C

Seeing that neither of you included Filter ability to a set, which is exclusive to the perfect IV Mystery Gift Halloween-Cocaran, makes me wonder how useful it is on the crab?
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
Since that special ability was limited time only, and a semi-random pick for the Pokemon that had it at that, I decided not to base any set around it. The ability itself is quite useful, since it reduces it Fire, Flying, and Bug weakness to more manageable levels. Ice type attacks would still most likely OKHO it, or get pretty darn close to it. Not a bad ability for it to have, really.

Oh, and yes, sometimes I just don't feel like falling asleep. It happens, my dear, so don't worry~
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
Filter doesn't add much to Cocancer though. This pokemon is likely to be played with sun support 70% of the time, so that cancels the Filter neutrality to Fire-type moves and puts it back to a regular weakness. As Lord Windos said, Ice-type moves still net a kill most of the time on the crab, so do Nuclear-types btw. That leaves us only with a Bug and Flying neutrality, at the cost of not being able to use ChestoRest or boost our speed.
Hello there, i'm new on strategy so i think you could help me

So here it is, i wanna building a cocancer as a stealth rock setter, and definetely stall, it méandres with toxic, stealth rock and infestation, but i'm asking myself for what would be the best 4th skill, between Sunny day, synthesis and wood Hamlet

Well, let's try to make it clean :

Hability : harvest

Item : sitrus Berry

Skill :

Stealth rock

Toxic

Infestation

Sunny day/synthesis/wood Hammer

Ivs : 252 def, 252 SP def, 4 HP
If you're trying to make it a Toxic trapper then Synthesis is what you need. Such a Cocancer needs to win its one-on-one duels and cannot do that without a recovery move. Though I'd rather advise using Rest and a Chesto Berry with Harvest instead of Synthesis + Sitrus Berry.