Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UraniumRainier's Fakemon Return!
I never really made fakemon but I did modify some pokes from uranium
[Image: SICRy9s.png]
Godmunk
[Image: 078.png]
pineapple cocanut crab (forgot its name)

that's all I made
RIP Larry 9/9/2016 - 8/31/2017 "blessed by lord Godmunk with patriotic values and a crush that lasted longer than expected"  Heart the skulls ruins RP group (main group not the random add ons)
Allow me to critique, then. But first... I believe you said we aren't allowed to edit the pokemon, right? You better reset the permissions of your google doc because I was able to edit the content inside. I didn't though.

To me it seems like there are too many dragon types in this relatively small dex, and a lot of them I imagine would be better without their dragon typing. For instance, you have two steel/dragon types in a dex that is only 72 pokemon big. Mega Sashalis I'd imagine doesn't need to be dragon type, Fighting/Steel is still pretty unique.

Suggestion: The leech pokemon Sanmor and Atromal could be Bug/Poison and Bug/Dark respectively. This would give them a never before seen typing (even including my own fakedex) and would give them the horrifying appearance they deserve without he needless complications of being a dragon.

There are a lot of creative abilities in here, I particularly like the unknown ability which gives healing moves more healing power. Although I have to ask what Glaciate does, because you never explain it in the text. Also, Mega Sashalis's ability might be overpowered: lowering defense by two stages is equivalent to you doubling your attack. If this thing has a high enough attack stat it could literally rip through the rest of your pokemon without breaking a sweat.

For your legendaries, I like the idea of warriors from different timelines. The three dragon legendaries I presume will be the bad guys, but Leviascis stands out like a sore thumb for me because it doesn't have "Legendary Resistance" like the other two, plus the Water/Ice starter was also said to be a dragonlike mon, which ruins the effect of this legendary. And, I don't want to burst your bubble, but I have to say it: the Ziz, Behemoth and Leviathan concept has already been done many years ago: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Weather_trio . I won't dissuade you from doing it again but you might not win originality points with your audience.

Most of your fakemon have very good concepts. In particular I like Odima and Amorcy for thier dualism of opposing emotions, Carbison because it sounds like a fun mon to play with and has a good name, and of course the Fire/Dragon starter I've always wanted in a game ^^.

I hope I was somewhat helpful in my review. I'll wait for the base stats to appear to see if I like any other fakemon you've made, for now I'll hold my judgement on the rest.
(06-23-2017, 11:56 PM)Cataclyptic Wrote: Allow me to critique, then. But first... I believe you said we aren't allowed to edit the pokemon, right? You better reset the permissions of your google doc because I was able to edit the content inside. I didn't though.

To me it seems like there are too many dragon types in this relatively small dex, and a lot of them I imagine would be better without their dragon typing. For instance, you have two steel/dragon types in a dex that is only 72 pokemon big. Mega Sashalis I'd imagine doesn't need to be dragon type, Fighting/Steel is still pretty unique.

Suggestion: The leech pokemon Sanmor and Atromal could be Bug/Poison and Bug/Dark respectively. This would give them a never before seen typing (even including my own fakedex) and would give them the horrifying appearance they deserve without he needless complications of being a dragon.

There are a lot of creative abilities in here, I particularly like the unknown ability which gives healing moves more healing power. Although I have to ask what Glaciate does, because you never explain it in the text. Also, Mega Sashalis's ability might be overpowered: lowering defense by two stages is equivalent to you doubling your attack. If this thing has a high enough attack stat it could literally rip through the rest of your pokemon without breaking a sweat.

For your legendaries, I like the idea of warriors from different timelines. The three dragon legendaries I presume will be the bad guys, but Leviascis stands out like a sore thumb for me because it doesn't have "Legendary Resistance" like the other two, plus the Water/Ice starter was also said to be a dragonlike mon, which ruins the effect of this legendary. And, I don't want to burst your bubble, but I have to say it: the Ziz, Behemoth and Leviathan concept has already been done many years ago: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Weather_trio . I won't dissuade you from doing it again but you might not win originality points with your audience.

Most of your fakemon have very good concepts. In particular I like Odima and Amorcy for thier dualism of opposing emotions, Carbison because it sounds like a fun mon to play with and has a good name, and of course the Fire/Dragon starter I've always wanted in a game ^^.

I hope I was somewhat helpful in my review. I'll wait for the base stats to appear to see if I like any other fakemon you've made, for now I'll hold my judgement on the rest.

Alright, thanks! I can see why you'd point out the dragon issue and honestly I can see it (haven't actually sifted through the dex in a while, just posted it again since I did last time). Will clean that up. I'll also nerf MSasha's ability, at the time I didn't realize how insane it was. I'll touch up Leviascis as well, and yeah, I know that the Ziz/Behe/Levi thing has been done with the Weather Trio, but I hoped to be more direct with mine (make the Zyz an actual bird, for example), and also match the power they had in the original stories. I might touch 'em up even a bit more to seperate them from the Weather trio tho. I won't do base stats for a while since I know myself well enough to know they would be f-ing ridiculous, I'll probably work with someone else on them. And yeah, although I can't take credit for Carbison; a friend of mine made him and Pomeravian, although they aren't on these forums. 
Thanks for the review! I'll get to it now. Also yeah thanks for bringing up the issue with perms.
EDIT: Also, changed Glaciate. Realized it was just Refrigerate but I messed up.
Sprite in my image made by me. Mostly do Fakemon stuff. I also go by Parzival/Parz.
Hey Ranier, it's been a while! I don't have anything to comment regarding your dex right now, I just wanted to drop in and say hi. I'd been meaning to but putting it off, and then the recent spambot wave hit and I've been dealing with that...anyway, it's good to see you back.
"To the extent that authority depends on the ignorance of the governed, good writing will always be subversive."
(06-27-2017, 09:56 PM)Polaris Wrote: Hey Ranier, it's been a while! I don't have anything to comment regarding your dex right now, I just wanted to drop in and say hi. I'd been meaning to but putting it off, and then the recent spambot wave hit and I've been dealing with that...anyway, it's good to see you back.

Good to be back! And I doubt you'd have anything to say on the dex anyway, since it hasn't changed a whole lot.
Sprite in my image made by me. Mostly do Fakemon stuff. I also go by Parzival/Parz.