Pokemon Uranium

Full Version: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-19-2020, 03:04 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: [ -> ]Well, if you want, I could make Kogeki only Aura Drain really really powerfull individuals such as bosses or really powerful enemies, since those types of characters might have a highter resistance and dont that badly harm than other Pokemon. How this sounds Phantom?

Ohh, that'd be very agreeable and accepted indeed, sounds like it'd solve the in-chara issue of making Kee and Karen nervous.
(04-19-2020, 02:57 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: [ -> ]

Well, I think I might hold myself in that Aura Drain bussiness for a long while, since some people might begin to feel umcomfortable both IC and OOC with this draining of Kogeki. Might only do that in certain battles against stronger individuals such bosses who might be have really strong and powerful Auras, depending of Phantom decision.
(04-19-2020, 03:04 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-19-2020, 02:53 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: [ -> ]This last sentence about 'preying on the auras of unsuspecting individuals' is/would be what makes Kee uncomfortable, from the wording it doesn't come off to me that it's certain that this draining doesn't do more harm than good to a fainted 'Mon, especially if certain deltadogs purposely shun others out of a wish to not harm anyone accidently. And I'm somewhat certain that there are more/other ways to become stronger, they just have to be found.

Well, if you want, I could make Kogeki only Aura Drain really really powerfull individuals such as bosses or really powerful enemies, since those types of characters might have a highter resistance and dont that badly harm than other Pokemon. How this sounds Phantom?

Nah, I prefer and recommend Kogeki sticks to regularly draining all our enemies of their aura, unless the situation is such that doing so would be a bad idea (Like aura draining around those that strigently would object to it, for example) or there is a good chance the aura drain will actually start killing a Pokemon around those that care about Pokemon death. I think of the process as a gradual, cumulative effort towards a big payoff, so unless you're actively working to get there the aura draining might as well not be used at all.
(04-19-2020, 02:30 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: [ -> ]Dragon my friend two things:

1 - Have sent you my wish movelist for Kogeki. Its to much big the list or it is okay to handle?

2 - Karen actually open a good question. The Pokemon who Delta Riolu absorb get somehow hurt or it is just leave sleeping and all that?

1. Might want to double check your movepool list in the initial character creation PM I sent you right before we started.  Some of the moves you listed aren't usable by Delta Riolu.  Besides that, I'm not going to worry too much about movepool wishlists for the time being since I have plans to make wider movepool options readily available later in the game.

2. Kogeki can't tell if those pokemon are hurt by the process or not.
(04-19-2020, 03:07 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I think I might hold myself in that Aura Drain bussiness for a long while, since some people might begin to feel umcomfortable both IC and OOC with this draining of Kogeki. Might only do that in certain battles against stronger individuals such bosses who might be have really strong and powerful Auras, depending of Phantom decision.

This Aura Draining doesn't make me uncomfortable outta-chara, it's actually that it's making Kee in-chara nervous as he's so set on not getting into trouble because of stuff fellow 'Mon around him do, which stems likewise from his growing desire to become an Explorer and a civilized 'Mon ( ̄ω ̄; ) Not as nervous and uncomfortable like it seemingly makes Karen feel, but it still does to a degree - Outta-chara Kogeki can do what he want and I'm not having any issue with it, but I don't want to get into an argument with Kogeki in-chara because of all this, so dealing with it now and agreeing on said compromise sounds like a good deal... I guess?
(04-19-2020, 03:06 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-19-2020, 03:04 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: [ -> ]Well, if you want, I could make Kogeki only Aura Drain really really powerfull individuals such as bosses or really powerful enemies, since those types of characters might have a highter resistance and dont that badly harm than other Pokemon. How this sounds Phantom?

Ohh, that'd be very agreeable and accepted indeed, sounds like it'd solve the in-chara issue of making Kee and Karen nervous.

*Sighs* ....Its things like this that remind me of the spats and fights we got over Orthros. Why can't we just let Spirit and Kogeki aura drain our enemies again and not care about what happens, until such a time or event forces us to reconsider things? From a gameplay perspective unless we want to recruit a certain Pokemon or need them 'intact' there is no reason NOT to let the drain happen, and from a story/incharacter perspective its highly unlikely that Kogeki's aura drain will outright kill or permenantly harm someone unless he really tries and the group is likely never to run into those Pokemon again, so I don't see why everyone should get fussy about it. I can see Karen that way, since she's a gentle soul and a empath, but everyone else aside from Marcus (maybe) shouldn't have too much of a reason to care about Kogeki's antics beyond 'that doesn't feel right ' .
(04-19-2020, 03:06 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: [ -> ]

Dont worry about it mate. Phantom do have a point about this whole Aura Drain thing. I want to everyone have a cool roleplaying thing. Even more since we have a new player with us such No_one. I want everyone have a good time and to not make Kogeki a Nathan 2.0. No offenses , when I mean a Nathan 2.0 is a character who enter in conflict with most people.

Besides, draining the Aura of literally everyone we meet might not be the most healthiest way to play and might have serious consequences in the future me thinks. Just because you can do something, doesnt mean you should do it. I can abstain myself of syphon Auras, as long I get the chance of absorb really really evil Pokemon who truly deserve such treatment or really really strong Pokemon such as bosses who trully have powerful auras.

Now that I think about it, perhaps the reason Kogeki is capable of absorb Auras might be a solution about purify Pokemon from the darkness. A alternative way of free Pokemon from darkness.
(04-19-2020, 03:14 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-19-2020, 03:07 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I think I might hold myself in that Aura Drain bussiness for a long while, since some people might begin to feel umcomfortable both IC and OOC with this draining of Kogeki. Might only do that in certain battles against stronger individuals such bosses who might be have really strong and powerful Auras, depending of Phantom decision.

This Aura Draining doesn't make me uncomfortable outta-chara, it's actually that it's making Kee in-chara nervous as he's so set on not getting into trouble because of stuff fellow 'Mon around him do, which stems likewise from his growing desire to become an Explorer and a civilized 'Mon ( ̄ω ̄; ) Not as nervous and uncomfortable like it seemingly makes Karen feel, but it still does to a degree - Outta-chara Kogeki can do what he want and I'm not having any issue with it, but I don't want to get into an argument with Kogeki in-chara because of all this, so dealing with it now and agreeing on said compromise sounds like a good deal... I guess?

*Double Sighs* Looks like I have some work with Pyra to do with getting Kee to accept Kogeki's actions then, and possibly get the later to resume his aura draining if he suddenly stops doing so. Perhaps I'm overstepping my bounds here, but I honestly don't want to see Kogeki's aura draining go the way of the Orthros or Boomburst , as that's an aspect of his character I enjoy seeing and I'm curious as to how that'll affect them as the game goes on. Putting severe and constant restraints on it now seems like 'jumping the gun' to me more than a bit from an OOC and IC perspective, so I'm sadly going to have to be opposed to Kee's/Karen's feelings on the matter.
(04-19-2020, 03:16 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: [ -> ]Why can't we just let Spirit and Kogeki aura drain our enemies again and not care about what happens, until such a time or event forces us to reconsider things?

Dear, because I rather don't want to run into an event that forces us to reconsider things, it's easier and more comfortable to handle and agree on things now before any problems come up, both in- and outta-chara. (^_^; )

And Kee hides a rather gentle and affectionate side behind his moody and sarcastic being on top of having this big respect for the life of a Pokemon, as seen in Mt.Coronet Mystery (how he handled his young Vulpix, how he always carries around an asortment of snacks for every 'Mon of his, he managed to evolve a Sylveon all by himself), so it's reasonable that he's having issues with this Draining to a degree.
(04-19-2020, 03:12 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-19-2020, 02:30 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: [ -> ]Dragon my friend two things:

1 - Have sent you my wish movelist for Kogeki. Its to much big the list or it is okay to handle?

2 - Karen actually open a good question. The Pokemon who Delta Riolu absorb get somehow hurt or it is just leave sleeping and all that?

1. Might want to double check your movepool list in the initial character creation PM I sent you right before we started.  Some of the moves you listed aren't usable by Delta Riolu.  Besides that, I'm not going to worry too much about movepool wishlists for the time being since I have plans to make wider movepool options readily available later in the game.

2. Kogeki can't tell if those pokemon are hurt by the process or not.

Its because some of the moves of the movepool list is based in Gen 8 movepool he can learn, since I didnt know if Riolu learn we using is based in Gen 7 or Gen 8.