Pokemon Uranium

Full Version: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Egg Move Changes
Cannot learn Meteor Mash, Bullet Punch, and Iron Defense
Can learn Confuse Ray, Sudden Strike, and Sucker Punch

TM and Tutor Move Changes
Cannot learn Iron Defense, Magnet Rise, and Iron Tail
Can learn Spite, Ominous Wind, Will-O-Wisp, Howl, Pain Split, and Icy Wind

Meteor Mash, Iron Defense, Bullet Punch, Magnetic Rise and Iron is all out of question.

With these exceptions, is the other moves okay for use? Since Bullet Punch and Iron Tail is out of question, is the other moves acceptable to be in the wish list?
Also, we gonna use Riolu Gen 7 or Gen 8 movelist? Or a mix of both? With exceptions of the moves you mentioned of course.
(04-19-2020, 04:26 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: [ -> ]With these exceptions, is the other moves okay for use? Since Bullet Punch and Iron Tail is out of question, is the other moves acceptable to be in the wish list?

If it isn't on the list of moves D-Riolu cannot learn, it's fine.
(04-19-2020, 04:29 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: [ -> ]Also, we gonna use Riolu Gen 7 or Gen 8 movelist? Or a mix of both? With exceptions of the moves you mentioned of course.

Once again, I already addressed this in the pm I sent you during character creation.
(04-19-2020, 04:31 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-19-2020, 04:29 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: [ -> ]Also, we gonna use Riolu Gen 7 or Gen 8 movelist? Or a mix of both? With exceptions of the moves you mentioned of course.

Once again, I already addressed this in the pm I sent you during character creation.

"For Egg, Tutor, and TM moves, please primarily refer to Bulbapedia's Gen 7 movepool for Riolu and the following changes (for the time being)"

Sorry about that. I forgot about it. Gen 7 movepool then.
Welp! Now we are in trouble people! Kogeki Quick Attack will not even tickle the Big Bad rock, so speed is out of question.

Strategy I have in mind:

Kee, Karen and Daxter use Spread moves against Roggenrola A duo, since they are the most quick among them.

Marcus, Pyra and Kogeki focus the attacks on Boldore using Bone Club and double Bite to Super Effective damage and get good chances of Flinch the big bad Rock type. With some luck, with the leader defeated, the others might run away.

And if Phantom dont mind, I would like to Kogeki drain Boldore Aura, and any fainted Roggenrola, since those little rocks looks like tough, and good extra Aura energy to Kogeki become stronger.
For pete's shake, throwing 4 Rock Pokemon at us, which more or less completely ruins any short term plans to use Multiple Actions with Pyra, as Ember is less than worthless against Resistant targets at this point and time. Bury me alive, why don't ya Dragonstrike?

Well, at least Intimidate will be useful against them, for however long that Pyra will remain Unfainted against them, and Bite might Flinch out somebody if we're luck enough. That, and if the little guys only have 2 Instinct they don't even have access to SE or STAB Moves against Pyra and the group (bar Egg Moves or other nasty surprises), so at least I only have to worry about the Boldies Power Gems, Mud Slaps, and Smack Downs.

Yeah, that plan sounds fine to me! I'll have Pyra Target 1 Boldie, Kogeki can target the other (Or the same one if Pyra's doesn't get Flinched), and everyone else uses their Spread Moves on them. It's highly likely they'll have Sturdy to make them even harder pests to take down, and if they don't then Weak Armor is still bad since it essentially negates 1 Pain and the Defense drop is only meaningful to Pyra and Kogeki, as they'll be the only ones using Physical Moves. The Roggs can be ignored to an extent, so just gang up on the Bosses before they steam roll all of us!

EDIT: Just checked the post again, their is only one Boldie. So I guess that's one less I have to worry about!
Err....Now that I have read your plan in the Game Thread, I think I have to disagree with targeting the Roggs instead of everyone just tag-teaming the Boldore into oblivion. The Roggs won't likely have any STABs or SE Moves unless Dragonstrike decides some or all of them can get Smack Down, and you generally want to attack those lower on the Initiative Ladder in order to disrupt their Actions or possibly KO them before they get there.That, and if any of the Roggs have Sturdy it'll take essentially twice the effort to faint them, and like you said KOing the leader is likely to demoralize its minions or possibly even rout them, so I suggest the following start:

*Everyone attack the Boldore with their Strongest Move, and if you have 5-6 Accuracy Dice between your Brawl and Channel Moves (and have More than 1 Move that isn't resisted by Rock) consider perhaps doing 2 Actions the first Round and pre-burning a Willpoint to Ignore Pain for the Round.
* For Kee, I remember you saying he knows Lick, so you could opt to try and Paralyze Boldore instead of Snarling at it and one other Rogg, as if it drops in Ini that means more Pokemon can piledrive it later in the next Round if it survives. That, and Less DEX = Less Accuracy Attacks/Less Actions , so it could be a worthwhile gamble. On the other hand , Snarl is more powerful and can chip another Rogg AND guarantees a drop in S.ATK, which against the Boldore/Roggs is actually useful since they (the Boss, and maybe a few of the Roggs) likely know Mud Slap and Power Gem (Boss only) and would effectively give it a generally ATK - 1 combined with Pyra's Intimidate. Choose whichever Move you think will be most effective against it, mate
* I know Dax has Bubble, so using it against the Rocks is a given, but does he know any other Water Moves beyond that? If nothing else, focus one of the Bubbles on Boldore and another on the same Rogg that Kee ends up Targeting with Snarl (preferably a slower one than either them)
* What are the Moves Kogeki knows beyond Quick Attack and Bite again, Spirit?
* Remember to put a Conditonal Order to heal yourselves/someone else with one of your Orans (If you have one) if you get dropped below 1/2 HP, as Healing Items Actions are 'free' but happen at the end of a given Turn (Up to two times in a given Round) .

That's all I got to say. I'll get a post later in a hour or two, as I'm about to eat dinner and need to finish up some other tasks.
Right now, the moves Kogeki is capable of use with his 2 Instict is:

Foresight, Quick Attack, Endure, Feint and Bite. 

Quick Attack although Priority Move, can barely tickle Boldore. Feint even less since it is a Normal-type who only break barriers. Foresight only if hitting ghosts with Fighting or Normal moves, or Ghost moves to hit Normal-types.  Endure not very much useful.

So the only useful move Kogeki can use is Bite.
Uh
I went for the two Roggenrola with the higher initiative, but I think there may be a teensy problem. What if the dudes have sturdy? It would be a pain. Especially with Dax already a little injured.