Pokemon Uranium

Full Version: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In case you missed it, , everyone recovers 1 HP when moving to a new tile in a mystery dungeon, so everyone recovered 2 HP on the way to the boss fight.

Also, , don't forget to adjust Kogeki's level as well.
(04-19-2020, 06:55 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: [ -> ]Right now, the moves Kogeki is capable of use with his 2 Instict is:

Foresight, Quick Attack, Endure, Feint and Bite. 

Quick Attack although Priority Move, can barely tickle Boldore. Feint even less since it is a Normal-type who only break barriers. Foresight only if hitting ghosts with Fighting or Normal moves, or Ghost moves to hit Normal-types.  Endure not very much useful.

So the only useful move Kogeki can use is Bite.

Foresight can be used for analysis purposes, as well as trying to try a ascertain the details/identity of something. See Diam's use of the move against Shadow Gyarados, which confirmed to Ran that they indeed had something wrong with them that....shoot, I forget her name already. It can also be used to nullify Evasion Mods of the Target, and possible ignore Direct Negative Accuracy Mods on the user (Confirmation on this, Dragonstrike) ? 

Endure, on the other hand, could be used early on in a Fight where you had more than 1 Action, and it would basically act like a one time Sturdy per use if I remember the Pokerole interp right. If it works more like the MD version, though, Endure will practically make Kogeki immortal for who knows how many turns. Finally, Endure IS useful in regards to not wanting to Faint, as doing that too much literally cause your characters to go insane from Primal instincts. Some clarification on how this Move works in your campaign, Dragonstrike?

The point I'm trying to get at is that Moves can have more uses than at face value, either practical in battle , outside of it, or more creative applications of it. It all depends on how you go about using it, and what you're trying to accomplish with it. In this battle, though, I can't think of how anything else but Bite would be directly useful, unless using Foresight in some way could give you Meta Knowledge about Boldore , due to Kogeki being both a form of Rilou and having Anticipation as his Ability....?
Well, Foresight and Endure could indeed help a lot in this battle if I had more dice to use it. But my priority was survive skills, since Kogeki vitality was pretty low. Maybe next round if my char was still awake could try use Foresight to see if I notice something. But I decided to be my priority cause as much damage against Boldore.

Now that you mentioned Windos, I could have used Foresight to discover that Pokemon watching us in the cavern be Roggenrola spies.
Err....I see you're targeting the Roggs instead of the Boldore and just one Rogg. I want to confirm if that's your final plan, and if so, why. Not that I don't disapprove of taking them out, but....well, I think wearing down the Boldore should be the top priority of the whole group, is all, and I don't want a lack of communication potentially making our charas lives harder than need be.
Another Question for you, Dragonstrike: Can Allies' Debuffs trigger Pyra's other Ability Defiant? Like if Kee used Snarl/Leer/Sand Attack on them, would Pyra get the + 2 STR ATK boost?
(04-19-2020, 10:35 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: [ -> ] Err....I see you're targeting the Roggs instead of the Boldore and just one Rogg. I want to confirm if that's your final plan, and if so, why. Not that I don't disapprove of taking them out, but....well, I think wearing down the Boldore should be the top priority of the whole group, is all, and I don't want a lack of communication potentially making our charas lives harder than need be.
Well the roggenrola all do damage. Right now we have 5 dangers of damage. If we can reduce that drastically this round, it would help so that we all take less total damage.
(04-20-2020, 01:47 AM)no one Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-19-2020, 10:35 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: [ -> ] Err....I see you're targeting the Roggs instead of the Boldore and just one Rogg. I want to confirm if that's your final plan, and if so, why. Not that I don't disapprove of taking them out, but....well, I think wearing down the Boldore should be the top priority of the whole group, is all, and I don't want a lack of communication potentially making our charas lives harder than need be.
Well the roggenrola all do damage. Right now we have 5 dangers of damage. If we can reduce that drastically this round, it would help so that we all take less total damage.

Hmm.....fair enough point, mate. I'm just worried that if everyone doesn't gang up on Boldore, it'll pull out a nasty attack or trick that'll end up KOing one or more of us with the help of its minions (or possibly call in MORE minions - who says they're not more hiding in rocks somewhere?) . I want to absolutely minimize the chance of that happening for fairly obvious reasons, so that's why I'm rather concerned about your decision. I can respect it, however, so I won't try and force you to change your mind about it if you think it'll have the best results for us in the overall Fight.

Though, if you are going to focus on only the Roggs (As in your Bubble only hits Roggs, and not Boldore and 1 Rogg), can you do so on the Group B ones instead, please? Kee and Marcus are dead last in the Initiative below the Rogg Bs , but if they are taken out or severely weakened before they get a chance to act then that won't matter nearly as much, and even one or both of them survive then they'll be that much more vulnerable next Round to your alpha strike. Going after Rogg Group A is only good if we think we can handle them (Group B) while they're fresh for a Round and it doesn't end up screwing over Kee and Marcus if they end up getting focused down by them and the other sentient Rocks, and that's a bet I'm not too enthused about.
(04-19-2020, 11:11 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: [ -> ]Another Question for you, Dragonstrike: Can Allies' Debuffs trigger Pyra's other Ability Defiant? Like if Kee used Snarl/Leer/Sand Attack on them, would Pyra get the + 2 STR ATK boost?

They can, provided the move can target allies in the first place and you're willing to take the debuff.
Windos do have a point . We should focus all attacks on Boldore. Since he is the Leader, we should take him down quick as possible. Since he is the Leader of Roggenrola, if we fainted him, the other Roggenrola will flee in see his leader defeated.
You know people, I been thinking something for a while. Regular Riolu is Fighting type. Lucario Fighting/Steel. Delta Riolu is Ghost.

One of the original ideas Dragonstrike was Delta Riolu keep it Fighting type, and when evolve gain the Ghost-type. So he would be Fighting/Ghost.

Right now, Kogeki is pure Ghost. That thing about Aura Draining may affect his evolution make me thinks he would become Ghost/Dark.

But maybe there others possible evolutions? Maybe he get reverse path and become Ghost/Fighting like Dragonstrike had envisioned, only in a reverse path?

Or maybe something more unique such Ghost/Normal? Since there is no know Pokemon have such typing? Or maybe he become Ghost/Steel?

I asking that because It's a bit strange the party having most of his with Dark Typing: Kee (Obstagoon), Pyra (Beliaddon) and maybe Kogeki (Delta Lucario). Not that I complaining. Ghost/Dark is one of the best Pokemon Dual typing.

Theories in mind Phantom? Windos? No One?