Pokemon Uranium

Full Version: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-21-2020, 09:52 AM)Spiritmon Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't. It doesn't help me feel better. If Marcus don't have a item who can heal Primal State, then stop trying to help.

*Sigh* Since all my plans are been frustrated one after the other, and right now I trying to holding as much I can to not fly on a fight with you Dragon, I going to take this day off. 

Good luck guys.

He has items to help prevent fainting in the first place.  He wouldn't have gone that far out of town (alone, mind you) without at least a little insurance.  Common sense, honestly.

If you're taking the day off, get some rest and destress. I'll auto Kogeki so the game isn't stalled.
We're not doing bad all things considered. I think I could maybe try and have dax do a non single action hit so that he can hit all of the roggenrola in one move. It'd be risky though, because of the action penalty. The roll would only be 2D6 (from my understanding, correct me if I'm wrong). Dax is the only one hitting these ones super effectively (for this round anyway), so maybe try and protect him? Pyra could definitely cover dax because she's almost twice as big (dax is slighty under two feet, and pyra's a little over three feet). If not, I can just try again and hope there's no flinch. Two of the roggenrola are low on health, so I could try and go for them. Or I could follow the original plan again. Your guys' pick.
Keep in mind two of the roggenrola and boldore are moving first without priority shenanigans.

Lemme throw another suggestion at you guys that you haven't considered yet: clashing.  You want to body block a contact move?  You can absolutely try to do that with a Clash involving two physical moves (assuming the Clash succeeds).  That is what the mechanic is for.

Cover is primarily for blocking ranged attacks.  Clash is for reducing the power of dangerous attacks and just generally getting in the way of your opponent.

I think that's a more elegant solution to the dilemma Windos posed earlier than trying to homebrew rules for Covering against contact moves.
(04-21-2020, 10:10 AM)Dragonstrike Wrote: [ -> ]Keep in mind two of the roggenrola and boldore are moving first without priority shenanigans.

Lemme throw another suggestion at you guys that you haven't considered yet: clashing.  You want to body block a contact move?  You can absolutely try to do that with a Clash involving two physical moves (assuming the Clash succeeds).  That is what the mechanic is for.

Cover is primarily for blocking ranged attacks.  Clash is for reducing the power of dangerous attacks and just generally getting in the way of your opponent.

I think that's a more elegant solution to the dilemma Windos posed earlier than trying to homebrew rules for Covering against contact moves.
Ohhh okay. We can try that then?
(04-21-2020, 10:03 AM)Dragonstrike Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-21-2020, 09:52 AM)Spiritmon Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't. It doesn't help me feel better. If Marcus don't have a item who can heal Primal State, then stop trying to help.

*Sigh* Since all my plans are been frustrated one after the other, and right now I trying to holding as much I can to not fly on a fight with you Dragon, I going to take this day off. 

Good luck guys.

He has items to help prevent fainting in the first place.  He wouldn't have gone that far out of town (alone, mind you) without at least a little insurance.  Common sense, honestly.

If you're taking the day off, get some rest and destress.  I'll auto Kogeki so the game isn't stalled.

No. Nothing of auto Kogeki thing. I write something myself.
(04-21-2020, 10:03 AM)Dragonstrike Wrote: [ -> ]

Good luck guys.

If you're taking the day off, get some rest and destress.  I'll auto Kogeki so the game isn't stalled.

Besides, Kogeki is your char or mine?

Mine, then step aside and dont auto my char. I do it myself. If you not gonna something to help us, then its better you dont do anything.
(04-21-2020, 11:02 AM)Spiritmon Wrote: [ -> ]Besides, Kogeki is your char or mine?

Mine, then step aside and dont auto my char. I do it myself. If you not gonna something to help us, then its better you dont do anything.

Spirit.  I said not to fire off your attitude at us.  I know they're not my character, but I also need to keep this game moving if you need to take a break.

Read my recent suggestion and approach this with a level head if possible.  Otherwise, go get some rest and don't worry about it for the day.  If I auto Kogeki, it'll be along the lines of what you've suggested you wanted him to do originally, alright?  I think I've got a good enough idea by this point.
(04-21-2020, 11:12 AM)Dragonstrike Wrote: [ -> ]

*Angering sigh* Fine. I do hope you know what you doing.

I taking a break before.
(04-21-2020, 11:20 AM)Spiritmon Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-21-2020, 11:12 AM)Dragonstrike Wrote: [ -> ]

*Angering sigh* Fine. I do hope you know what you doing.

I taking a break before.

You can trust me.  I want you guys to ultimately succeed no matter what I throw at you, after all.
(04-21-2020, 10:10 AM)Dragonstrike Wrote: [ -> ]Keep in mind two of the roggenrola and boldore are moving first without priority shenanigans.

I've already have consider and disregarded that option, actually mate. Clashing still means you TAKE DAMAGE from a opponent's Move, while reducing your own Damage in the process of Clashing. If I tried to Clash with Boldore, I'd still have a more than good chance of getting KOed, while with Headbutt it can still end up Flinching her with it since Clashing does nothing about Chance Effects. Evasion, meanwhile, lets a Character outright avoid damage if successful, a more generous Cover system lets another Pokemon tank for one Pokemon at the cost of their own wellbeing , and then there's just tanking attacks/healing off Damage and hitting back hard if your character is built for that.

Dragonstrike, I know you want us to try the mechanics/revised mechanics that didn't get much use in either mine or Iron's campaign, but I'm not going out of my way to use what I consider the worst way of preventing/reducing Damage instead of proposing a suggestion for Cover to act more like it used to in previous campaigns. Clashing might be more elegant, per say, but its not what I call reliable or best option.

If anyone still wants to Clash, I'm not going to try and dissaude you from doing it mates, but I think everyone is better off trying to Evade Boldore and the Roggs A and have whomever didn't continue wailing on them (the Roggs A first, preferably, since they're on 1 HP and we need to know if they have Sturdy). As I said before, its a gamble, but its one in your favor at the very least.