Pokemon Uranium

Full Version: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-18-2020, 03:48 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: [ -> ]Surprises to upgrade an ability's effects are a thing you can get in the future (Milotic in MCM had Marvel Scale+, and Dragonair had Shed Skin+).  They generally won't change the ability's effects, though, only strengthen its existing ones.  If you want entirely new effects, that's gonna require some work since it's basically like changing your ability to a different one entirely.

I'll talk about surprises in more detail later in the campaign.

--------------------------

And yes, if anyone with access to multiple Abilities wants to use a different one today, now would be the time to state that you're changing it, before we get into an encounter.  Forgot to remind everyone about that at the start of the in-game day.

Great to see you take more pages from me, mate! And yeah, perfectly fair for XP costs to shoot through the roof if you want to essentially make a custom Ability for your PC!

----

Pyra's Ability today will be Intimidate, as even if Snarl and/or Ally Contest Moves would work to trigger her other Defiant Ability, I'm not quite ready to forgo what amounts to essentially a party wide + 1 Defense at this stage of the game. A + 2 STR from the Defiant Boost doesn't do very much if you only have Dice to do roughly 2 Actions, anyway. So yeah, consider Intimidate her permanent Ability until I say otherwise, Dragonstritke!
Same thing with Kogeki Antecipation ability Dragonstrike! Although Insomia is useful to avoid Sleep moves affect Kogeki, such Sleep Powder, Hypnosis or Dark Void. And maybe a excuse of him to stay awake since Insomia stop any atempt of sleep, so in theory Kogeki could be the ultimate vigilant *Imagining Kogeki having coffee addiction*.

Prankster as show in Coronet is one hell of a excelent ability. But not very much at the moment. Antecipation might not be the best ability, but at least for radar purposes and to gather information of Kogeki certain enemies who could might have dangerous moves against him. Such as Super Effective or Lethal moves.
My mind is semi-confused about how the current layout of the Floor is possible :o
Looks so weird and illogical, lol. Uh, maybe if the grey parts on the upper tile are handled as gravel and rocks and the wall with the cave entrance(?) on the lower tile is just a huge boulder with a hole?
(05-19-2020, 01:56 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: [ -> ]My mind is semi-confused about how the current layout of the Floor is possible :o
Looks so weird and illogical, lol. Uh, maybe if the grey parts on the upper tile are handled as gravel and rocks and the wall with the cave entrance(?) on the lower tile is just a huge boulder with a hole?

I've just not described how ya might get there yet.  Other tiles that are put down might affect that.

Not every path on every tile needs to lead somewhere, either.
Does the ability change every day? Cos M-Charmander has Torrent and Tough Claws as its HA. Unsure what to do with that?
(05-19-2020, 04:47 PM)no one Wrote: [ -> ]Does the ability change every day? Cos M-Charmander has Torrent and Tough Claws as its HA. Unsure what to do with that?

If the ability is unlocked you can change the ability once per day. Normally during the start of the day.

Hidden Abilities have a cost of 30 XP to unlock, depending of how strong or useful the ability is.
Daxter only has Torrent unlocked right now, so you don't need to do anything with that right now, No One.  If/when you do unlock additional Abilities like Tough Claws, however, then you can choose which Ability you want to use at the start of every in-game day, as Spiritmon said.
I see. That's pretty nice. Though I'd probs stick with torrent until I level up enough for some nice moves like slash or evolve for depth claws.
Dragon, dont want to sound rude, but everyone already said what they want to do. Can we go forward to our action to find poor Karen?
(05-20-2020, 04:49 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: [ -> ]Dragon, dont want to sound rude, but everyone already said what they want to do. Can we go forward to our action to find poor Karen?

I've had a busy couple of days.  Would have done it yesterday, but I was exhausted.  I'm getting to the post now.  Just need ya to be patient if there's lapses in post consistency.  They can and will happen because of how busy my workplace gets despite the recommendations/requirements to stay at home unless absolutely necessary.