Pokemon Uranium

Full Version: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-18-2020, 05:08 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: [ -> ]Though I do have a question: could Pyra Clash her Ember with it's Thundershock, if it decides to attack? Because that would significantly reduce the risk to everyone if she can mitigate any attack it makes before it can reach a Target.

You can attempt a Clash, yes.
(08-18-2020, 05:10 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-18-2020, 05:08 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: [ -> ]Though I do have a question: could Pyra Clash her Ember with it's Thundershock, if it decides to attack? Because that would significantly reduce the risk to everyone if she can mitigate any attack it makes before it can reach a Target.

You can attempt a Clash, yes.

Okie dokie! Getting to post now!
Well, I ready to try convince Magnemite in join us and continue our path towards our goals. Ready when you are Dragonstrike.
Got nothing to add to the after battle scene, so I'm ready to move on when everyone else is!
Hmm...Klink and 2 Pumpkaboo. Steel and Ghost/Grass. It's gonna be a little difficult. But if do a coordinate attack with Kogeki and Pyra each one attacking a Pumpkaboo each, Daxter Bubbles, Kee Snarl focus in those too, and Karen Disarming Voice we might able to wreck those Ghosts before they reach Daxter, Kogeki or Karen (since Ghost hurt Ghost and Psychic and Grass hurt Water).

Klink will probably hit someone but at least we have a chance to receive less damage to go to the another room.

How this sounds this plan everyone?

Also Dragonstrike, Kogeki Ability detect any dangerous move coming from either Pumpkaboo and Klink?
(08-25-2020, 05:44 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm...Klink and 2 Pumpkaboo. Steel and Ghost/Grass. It's gonna be a little difficult. But if do a coordinate attack with Kogeki and Pyra each one attacking a Pumpkaboo each, Daxter Bubbles, Kee Snarl focus in those too, and Karen Disarming Voice we might able to wreck those Ghosts before they reach Daxter, Kogeki or Karen (since Ghost hurt Ghost and Psychic and Grass hurt Water).

Klink will probably hit someone but at least we have a chance to receive less damage to go to the another room.

How this sounds this plan everyone?

Also Dragonstrike, Kogeki Ability detect any dangerous move coming from either Pumpkaboo and Klink?

That sounds like a lovely plan, mate! I was thinking that Pyra would start out with Biting Pumpkaboo A, then Move on to Ember it or the other Pumpkaboo/Klink , so Kogeki trying to double down on P.A. and then move onto P.B. or Klink (If he has another Move and the Accuracy Dice to use it) should do the Trick in downing at least one of the spooky gourds!

Beware, though, mates: Depending on if he's using the Gen 8 or Gen 7 those Pumpkaboos can become a hassle or surprise. If they pull their Moves from Gen 8, they could have access to Shadow Sneak and Trick-or-Treat to either ignore Initiative or give one of our mates a bad case of Type juju. If they pull from Gen 7, they can get access to Trick and Scary Face early on, and possibly Worry Seed too (though that isn't all that big of a concern). And regardless of Gens they get Confuse Ray pre 10 XP and can learn Bullet Seed & Razor Leaf in the mid 10 XP range, so don't be surprised if they pull them out to give us a scare.

Klink by comparison isn't that big of a problem, as it only has maybe the Charge + Thunder Shock combo to its name right now, but it may be possible it could have Gear Grind or Charge Beam depending on the Gen Dragonstrike is pulling from, so beware that too.

Also, before I forgot, Pyra's Intimidation is Live against all Pokemon except Klink (if it has Clear Body), so there's that layer of protection!
(08-25-2020, 05:44 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: [ -> ]Also Dragonstrike, Kogeki Ability detect any dangerous move coming from either Pumpkaboo and Klink?

Oh yeah, right.  Anticipation's a thing.  Thank you for the reminder.

And oh yeah, Kogeki's shuddering in Anticipation.  Something can definitely hit him with a Super Effective attack. 
(Probably not hard to guess what, though the ability can't tell you anything specific)
(08-25-2020, 06:03 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: [ -> ]

Based in Kogeki Anticipation (thanks for the information Dragon) Kogeki detect a move who is Super Effective against him. Unless Klink know Assurance (A TM he learn in Gen 8) me thinks those Pumpkin Pokemon do know a Ghost Move. I just hope they dont know Shadow Sneak, only Astonish. But its gonna hurt either way. We must finish off those Pumpkaboo really quickly while we can.

And it might depend of the size of those Pumpkaboo. The difference of size can matter in the terms of Base HP if I recall.
(08-25-2020, 07:49 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: [ -> ]And it might depend of the size of those Pumpkaboo. The difference of size can matter in the terms of Base HP if I recall.

Pokerole actually doesn't distinguish between Pumpkaboo's varying sizes, as the book assumes the Super size is the default, but given that oversized and undersized pokemon are an optional mechanic in the book, we can certainly apply that to the Pumpkaboo line's in-game gimmick as well.

Size is fairly easy to judge in this case.  Both Pumpkaboo look to be only a little taller than Klink, which is Average for the species.
I just attacked all of them lol. Bubble on all, Scratch on the only one it'd actually hit.