Pokemon Uranium

Full Version: Battle errors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know whether this is the right place to post it or elsewhere, but I got to share this: I've been trapped in some battle errors, needing to close the game and load the last saved file when they occur. They started to appear in the 1.2.2 (current) version, I think, and hopefully they only happened to me. They are represented by these images:
1. The first seems to be a "missing trainer" error, as this log says: 
However, I reinstalled the game — in order to "recuperate that missing character" — and the same error occurs whenever I try to battle Ayumi. Furthermore, I searched for any missing character in the folders, but everything was ok to me. 
Solution: don't battle Ayumi *shrug*

2. The last two errors occurred in another file (Nuzlocke+Randomizer, not the main one). I think it is related to the fact of both of them being double battles, but it can't be (only) it, because I had won several double battles before them in the same file. These are their respective logs:
Although I can simply avoid the first and second battles, the third is necessary for the game to progress. Is there a way to solve those problems?
Do you by chance play the game in Optimized English, George? I'm getting the same error when facing any of the Ninjas when this is set, reinstalling didn't work for me. A secure way to fix this is to switch back to lame regular English when training at the Ninja Dojo, at least it worked for me.

About the second, maybe it's a similar if not the same error, worth trying whether the battle plays normally under just as normal English.
Yes, Phantom, I am... was playing in Optimized English... And thank you! Switching to mother tongue and seeing Ayumi sending out Inflagetah made my eyes shine for joy Smile
Nevertheless, it didn't work for the last ones, even in all disponible languages (although I managed to avoid Jack & Silva by using dive on the last illuminated place rather than the penultimate beneath route 14). Thus I don't think those are related to the selected language...
Glad it worked for you as well!~

Humm... concerning the second error, I'd try reinstalling the Game if you haven't already (that is known to have solved some issues before) and if that doesn't help make a Bug Report? But if you managed to avoid the two pirates anyway, I guess all's well, is it?
I had used the Uranium Installer before posting this thread, and the same issues had occurred. I don't think that will work, but I'll try again to be sure.
Avoiding Jack & Silva was a solution, indeed, but it had became impossible to return to any early visited location without being trapped by the pirate event, until obtaining HM02 (Fly). Therefore, no Ninja sidequest, which means that I needed to defeat the 8th gym with an insufficient wild training. Even so, I've just did it! (in an epic underleved battle), and thus I can continue the game, possibly with no errors anymore, but it's simply sweeping those problems under the rug and I'll always have to have it in mind...
Ah, much congratulation on defeating these two then with this handicap!~ True, it doesn't really 'solve' things but trying to keep it in mind and save often in case running into the error again accidently until it may be fixed by the Devs should do the trick?
(06-27-2018, 11:03 AM)George Wrote: [ -> ]I had used the Uranium Installer before posting this thread, and the same issues had occurred. I don't think that will work, but I'll try again to be sure.
Avoiding Jack & Silva was a solution, indeed, but it had became impossible to return to any early visited location without being trapped by the pirate event, until obtaining HM02 (Fly). Therefore, no Ninja sidequest, which means that I needed to defeat the 8th gym with an insufficient wild training. Even so, I've just did it! (in an epic underleved battle), and thus I can continue the game, possibly with no errors anymore, but it's simply sweeping those problems under the rug and I'll always have to have it in mind...

How close are they to Venesi City? (That is where I am in the game; having just beat the gym there, that is.) I could check to see if it is a true problem worth reporting, or if it is a weird bug that only you are experiencing.
If you've just beaten Rosalind, you're not able to check that problem, because it needs HM08 (Dive), only obtainable after further events.
Even so...
I'm almost sure that I am the only one who is experiencing that problem, and I don't see anything that could have caused it... except that I had "sprite issues" in early double battles, but I don't think they are related. This is an example:
Moreover, I really intended to post this on the Bug Reporting Thread, but I preferred to make a separate post instead, because it was very extensive; and I don't think it needs to be reported there if it is not a general problem...