Pokemon Uranium

Full Version: Lagging in overworld and battle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My game's suddenly lagging really bad after I had to restart my computer, and it worked fine right before that. I don't know what's wrong, please help.
List of things you can do to improve performance and reduce lag/choppiness in Pokémon Uranium:

0. Play the game on native Windows, as it's the operating system it was designed for. (You can use a virtual machine to play on Mac or Linux, but you may find issues)
1. If it's a laptop, plug it in or turn off power saving mode.
2. Close all other programs before playing. Chrome is one example of a program that can slow down your game with many tabs open.
3. Inside the game's Options turn on Performance Mode (this only helps in-battle) and adjust the FPS slider (higher may feel smoother)
4. If you're playing on Fullscreen, try Large or Medium screen size. It is a huge factor in some cases.
5. Press F1 and try turning on/off Smooth Mode and Reduce screen flickering. Results may vary on some machines.
6. Right-click on the game on your desktop (Uranium.exe) and open Properties. Go to the Compatibility tab, and change the compatibility mode to Windows XP. Also check the box for Run as administrator.
7. For multi-core machines: While the game is running, open Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc), go to the Processes tab, find and right click Uranium.exe on the list, and then select Set Affinity. Make sure all boxes are checked.
8. For extreme cases: If nothing else worked, this is your last resort: First make sure your game is now on Fullscreen, then save and close. Go back to the Compatibility window from point 6 and check the box Run in 640x480 screen resolution. You can now open the game again. Please notice that if you try to tab out of the game while playing the screen will be all wrong; this is normal.
Thanks, I got it to work better again!