Pokemon Uranium

Full Version: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-08-2019, 05:26 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: [ -> ]As a matter of fact, Ran would have a slight interest in the Crobat (He's interested in Trade/Friendship Evos), so if Spira doesn't want it, my chara would accept the poison bat just fine. Wouldn't use it on his quest right now, but for future use he'll definitely see what they're capable of!

*laughs*
Karen would probably be interested in the Noivern, out of curiosity
Perfect! I curious to see what gonna be the reaction of Karen and our Dwarf friend.
(06-08-2019, 02:49 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-08-2019, 02:10 PM)Mikaruge108 Wrote: [ -> ]And there it is, the heterochromic redhead is cynophobic. (Cynophobia being the irrational fear of dogs)

In my mind, a weird imagie appears of someone scaring her with a 'Woof!' instead of a 'Boh!'. That's mean, I'm sorry

No doggos in my chara's team, just something that has faint dog-traits, but I'm positive it won't trigger her phobia.
No harm, no foul, she's not that skiddish around them (maybe a few years ago...), you'll get a surprise from her team Wink
(06-08-2019, 05:41 PM)Mikaruge108 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-08-2019, 05:26 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: [ -> ]As a matter of fact, Ran would have a slight interest in the Crobat (He's interested in Trade/Friendship Evos), so if Spira doesn't want it, my chara would accept the poison bat just fine. Wouldn't use it on his quest right now, but for future use he'll definitely see what they're capable of!

*laughs*
Karen would probably be interested in the Noivern, out of curiosity

Oh shoot.....looks like the curse of Deadpool has been inflicted upon your other PC! *Wiggles fingers* Begone, crazed magic, and return the breeder when he came! 

Sounds like we both have our preferred Pokemon, then, and don't have to debate over our choices! Sweet!
Snowpoint encounters are up!

So, here's how this will work: for anything that involves some element of randomness for what you might find there, I'll roll out a couple random NPCs/Pokemon/Items/whatever is relevant, and then you'll get to pick one of those things for your encounter.

- Example: you hang around the Pokemon Center. I roll 5 random NPCs, and then you pick one of them to interact with for the encounter. You're able to both battle and trade with them in the same encounter since they're open to the idea of both.

- Example 2: You go to the Trade House. I roll out 3 random trades, and you get to negotiate for one of them. None of the NPCs there are looking for a battle, however.

- If you go to a location and none of the random encounters seem interesting, you are free to take a 'Rest of the City' type encounter instead (such as a training session or wandering about the city aimlessly until something catches your eye).

For something like the Snowpoint Gym, I have specific things planned if those encounters are taken, as the characters you'll meet in those locations don't change at all.

There's 3 encounters during the day, so let's get this thing started, shall we? Before I begin rolling out random stuff, I'm gonna need to know where everyone's going.

Wanted to try experimenting with different kinds of city encounters while still retaining some player freedom of choice. If you guys have any comments on the structure of them, I'd love to hear them.
Lets see...Depending of the answear of Randolph I think I would like to towards Lake Acuity. I curious to see what kind of plot related stuff is there. I may challenge the Gym Later, but I think its a little too much for me for now.
(06-08-2019, 07:34 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: [ -> ]Lets see...Depending of the answear of Randolph I think I would like to towards Lake Acuity. I curious to see what kind of plot related stuff is there. I may challenge the Gym Later, but I think its a little too much for me for now.

Or am I psyching you out?  I did say Uxie hasn't been there for a looooooonnnnnnggggg time after all. ;P
(06-08-2019, 07:36 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-08-2019, 07:34 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: [ -> ]Lets see...Depending of the answear of Randolph I think I would like to towards Lake Acuity. I curious to see what kind of plot related stuff is there. I may challenge the Gym Later, but I think its a little too much for me for now.

Or am I psyching you out?  I did say Uxie hasn't been there for a looooooonnnnnnggggg time after all. ;P

Nah, but still good to take a look there. Battles and Xp its always to much good to refuse.
(06-08-2019, 07:03 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: [ -> ]Snowpoint encounters are up!

So, here's how this will work: for anything that involves some element of randomness for what you might find there, I'll roll out a couple random NPCs/Pokemon/Items/whatever is relevant, and then you'll get to pick one of those things for your encounter.

- Example: you hang around the Pokemon Center.  I roll 5 random NPCs, and then you pick one of them to interact with for the encounter.  You're able to both battle and trade with them in the same encounter since they're open to the idea of both.

- Example 2: You go to the Trade House.  I roll out 3 random trades, and you get to negotiate for one of them.  None of the NPCs there are looking for a battle, however.

- If you go to a location and none of the random encounters seem interesting, you are free to take a 'Rest of the City' type encounter instead (such as a training session or wandering about the city aimlessly until something catches your eye).

For something like the Snowpoint Gym, I have specific things planned if those encounters are taken, as the characters you'll meet in those locations don't change at all.

There's 3 encounters during the day, so let's get this thing started, shall we?  Before I begin rolling out random stuff, I'm gonna need to know where everyone's going.

Wanted to try experimenting with different kinds of city encounters while still retaining some player freedom of choice.  If you guys have any comments on the structure of them, I'd love to hear them.

Like the Encounter design/lay out yet set up, mate, and I do enjoy you placing promenance/emphasis on the Free Encounter Option! Lots of options, but none of them feel overwhelming, and the internal design of each offers a nice blend between randomness and knowing what you're getting into. The fact you describe the relative difficulty/reward levels well also contributes to the Encounters feeling fleshed out and not a blind mystery, so kudos for those touches as well! Overall, great job!

Personally, though, I/Ran want to get started on improving that prosthetic of Kogeki's, as unlike most Trainers he isn't all that keen on battling (unless some fool pisses him off/challenges him, or he has a purpose in mind for doing so),  he don't do a lot of trading unless its the 'Pokemon for Goods/Riches' variety, and wants to make damn sure that the ninja is in tip top shape for the trails ahead. 

Beyond that, though, I'd like to challenge the Gym mainly to try and get access to the mini-dungeon Snowpoint Temple before moving on to investigate Lake Acuity later on, as IC Ran wants to prepare himself as much as possible for what he rightly believes will be a hellish job and do his own investigating, and OOC I don't want to leave anything on the table, if possible! Friends comes first, though, so let's do that ASAP!
(06-08-2019, 08:16 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: [ -> ]Like the Encounter design/lay out yet set up, mate, and I do enjoy you placing promenance/emphasis on the Free Encounter Option! Lots of options, but none of them feel overwhelming, and the internal design of each offers a nice blend between randomness and knowing what you're getting into. The fact you describe the relative difficulty/reward levels well also contributes to the Encounters feeling fleshed out and not a blind mystery, so kudos for those touches as well! Overall, great job!

Personally, though, I/Ran want to get started on improving that prosthetic of Kogeki's, as unlike most Trainers he isn't all that keen on battling (unless some fool pisses him off/challenges him, or he has a purpose in mind for doing so),  he don't do a lot of trading unless its the 'Pokemon for Goods/Riches' variety, and wants to make damn sure that the ninja is in tip top shape for the trails ahead. 

Beyond that, though, I'd like to challenge the Gym mainly to try and get access to the mini-dungeon Snowpoint Temple before moving on to investigate Lake Acuity later on, as IC Ran wants to prepare himself as much as possible for what he rightly believes will be a hellish job and do his own investigating, and OOC I don't want to leave anything on the table, if possible! Friends comes first, though, so let's do that ASAP!

Ooh, can't say I was expecting anyone to actually go for Snowpoint Temple, to be honest, but alright then!  As for Kogeki's arm...well, let's just say that probably isn't going to be easy.  The tech DOES exist (Scimitar technology, anyone? This does take place a year after the events of Skull Ruins, after all), but is rather rare.  This might end up being a long term quest, but we'll see how well I roll Wink

Glad to hear ya like the setup!

Oh, and don't worry, there will probably be PLENTY of chances for a Snover later.  They are the most common pokemon at Acuity Lakefront and on Routes 216 and 217, after all.  They're part of the reason why it never stops hailing in those locations!

However, it only ever hails at Lake Acuity itself whenever there's a Snover nearby, strangely enough.  Nobody has yet found an explanation for this phenomenon.  Or why Diamond Dust only ever falls at Snowpoint City in Sinnoh, for that matter.  Some theorize they're because of either Uxie or the Snowpoint Temple.