Pokemon Uranium

Full Version: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-09-2020, 05:05 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-09-2020, 05:02 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-09-2020, 04:46 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: [ -> ](...) Is there a way to break Absol legs so that way he can't escape?
That's horribly cruel, poor Absol.
He is was poor before he summon the Perish Song.

Well, you're not quite wrong I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Just make sure Kee does never find out that you've been cruel to a wild Pokemon, then all's well!~ Being a veggie he's very senstive about such acts.
(02-09-2020, 05:12 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-09-2020, 05:05 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: [ -> ]Dragon, since it is a mountain, is possible to make stones fall upon Absol or make him fall in some cliff?

Possibly could cause an avalanche like the Absol did with their Perish Song, yes.  You'll have to come up with an idea that could reasonably pull it off, though.  Intentionally starting an avalanche is also risky business, for obvious reasons.

As for pushing Absol off a cliff, you could try an opposed Strength check to shove Absol, provided there's a cliff nearby and you can catch them.  Right now, there aren't any significant cliffs on the current tile.  If it runs around enough, though, it'll probably run by some eventually.

Another note: if Kogeki's current two pokemon faint, then Absol has to spend a few actions to set up the Perish Trap again, which leaves it vulnerable.  The Perish Song doesn't affect Kogeki himself, either.

Hmm, based in the damage from the last time, he is not pretty good in physical defenses. I have enough XP to raise strengh in one point, so I might able to have a good strengh. Since you mentioned Perish Song doesnt affect Kogeki, it is possible for him participate in the battle without the danger of Perish Song?

When you say about idea, you mentioned like a combination of Hidden Power Water and Fire in the mountain? Hidden Power Fire might not work on Absol, but it can work in something else.

And since we are out of the place where we were, is the effects of Sunny Day still in effect? Is Susano Water moves now in effect again?
(02-09-2020, 05:14 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-09-2020, 05:05 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-09-2020, 05:02 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-09-2020, 04:46 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: [ -> ](...) Is there a way to break Absol legs so that way he can't escape?
That's horribly cruel, poor Absol.
He is was poor before he summon the Perish Song.

Well, you're not quite wrong I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Just make sure Kee does never find out that you've been cruel to a wild Pokemon, then all's well!~ Being a veggie he's very senstive about such acts.

"Survival above everything else".
(02-09-2020, 05:24 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, based in the damage from the last time, he is not pretty good in physical defenses. I have enough XP to raise strengh in one point, so I might able to have a good strengh. Since you mentioned Perish Song doesnt affect Kogeki, it is possible for him participate in the battle without the danger of Perish Song?

When you say about idea, you mentioned like a combination of Hidden Power Water and Fire in the mountain? Hidden Power Fire might not work on Absol, but it can work in something else.

And since we are out of the place where we were, is the effects of Sunny Day still in effect? Is Susano Water moves now in effect again?

Sheer Force is just super duper busted, particularly after a Swords Dance.  Absol's supposed to be tanky and annoying, but raw damage strats don't care about anything but the tankiest of enemies.

Kogeki could fight as well, and he wouldn't have to worry about Perish Song, yeah.

Depending on the rolls, that might trigger an avalanche, yeah.  But remember: that won't come without risk if that is what you do.  Also remember that Absol is at the top of the initiative, and can thus act before anyone not using priority moves.

Sunny Day will still be active.  Perish Song hasn't gone away, so the weather won't change either.  Susano'o could still use Water moves, they just won't be as effective due to the sunlight.
(02-09-2020, 05:35 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-09-2020, 05:24 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, based in the damage from the last time, he is not pretty good in physical defenses. I have enough XP to raise strengh in one point, so I might able to have a good strengh. Since you mentioned Perish Song doesnt affect Kogeki, it is possible for him participate in the battle without the danger of Perish Song?

Sheer Force is just super duper busted, particularly after a Swords Dance.  Absol's supposed to be tanky and annoying, but raw damage strats don't care about anything but the tankiest of enemies.

Kogeki could fight as well, and he wouldn't have to worry about Perish Song, yeah.

Depending on the rolls, that might trigger an avalanche, yeah.  But remember: that won't come without risk if that is what you do.  Also remember that Absol is at the top of the initiative, and can thus act before anyone not using priority moves.

Sunny Day will still be active.  Perish Song hasn't gone away, so the weather won't change either.  Susano'o could still use Water moves, they just won't be as effective due to the sunlight.

Indeed, especially when comboed with a Life Orb or any other Attribue Modifer Item. SF essentially gives the user + 2 Special/Strength if they use Effect Moves exclusively, which in a game where even the small increment of a number can mean big things later on. Download is similarly powerful in Pokerole, as is Reckless or any other Ability that boosts Damage Dice. A particularly interesting combo I like is Rock Head and Life Orb in Pokerole, as by the rules of the corebook Rock Head would nullify the Recoil Damage of the LO, essentially giving the Pokemon a free + 2 Damage on all their Moves on top of really powerful Moves that are normally balanced by their Recoil (if they have any). 

If Kogeki has a Pokemon that can raise the earth, they could create an icebreak of sorts to prevent another avalanche from insta-KOing/sweeping away everyone, but that in of itself could set off another avalanche if things go wrong....

Perish Song is a pain in the arse, but it takes 4 Encounters to proc, and nothing's stopping you from simply switching out your current Pokemon immediately at the start of the Round to null the 'Status' and keep pressure onto it. Heck, you could possibly get a more favorable INI for one of your new Pokemon, or bring in a Pokemon that has Priority to partially undermine their lead advantage. Don't be afraid to switch things up if you need to gain an advantage, unless you really want to horde XP for your given Pokemon already out.
(02-09-2020, 06:06 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: [ -> ]Perish Song is a pain in the arse, but it takes 4 Encounters to proc, and nothing's stopping you from simply switching out your current Pokemon immediately at the start of the Round to null the 'Status' and keep pressure onto it. Heck, you could possibly get a more favorable INI for one of your new Pokemon, or bring in a Pokemon that has Priority to partially undermine their lead advantage. Don't be afraid to switch things up if you need to gain an advantage, unless you really want to horde XP for your given Pokemon already out.

Ya know, except for the fact that this Absol just used Shadow Hold to initiate a Perish Trap strat and is intentionally being even more of a pain in the arse.  That's stopping him from nullifying Perish Song's effects the easy way.

*shrug*
Caught up on the posts , and it seems Dragonstrike is practicing up the more clever and dickish side of being a DM. Shadow Hold and Perish Song Combo , and enforcing it despite Absol all but ending the Encounter? Me thinks you're bending the rules of the corebook a wee bit too much to make the fight a challenge or ordeal, mate. If you're worried about that, the Mystery Dungeon is already a drain enough on our resources to make it a fair challenge, and we're all on a clock anyway until The Wind forces us out, so....yeah.
WAIT, hold up!  , I just remembered something that might make this less frustrating for you.  Maybe.

Ghost types can't be Blocked, lol.  Nagi can be switched out.
(02-09-2020, 06:15 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: [ -> ]Caught up on the posts , and it seems Dragonstrike is practicing up the more clever and dickish side of being a DM. Shadow Hold and Perish Song Combo , and enforcing it despite Absol all but ending the Encounter? Me thinks you're bending the rules of the corebook  a wee bit too much to make the fight a challenge or ordeal, mate. If you're worried about that, the Mystery Dungeon is already a drain enough on our resources to make it a fair challenge, and we're all on a clock anyway until The Wind forces us out, so....yeah.

Slight Spoiler: it's harder because it's the last encounter of the floor, and because you guys have means to heal everyone back to full in between floors.  Absol aren't very bulky normally, so I decided to try an experiment to make it challenging in another manner.

Despite partially being a result of a 'but what if I did...this?' kind of idea, I wouldn't have created such an encounter if there wasn't a way to bounce back from it should things not work in your favor (in this instance, due to this being a test game). I don't want to be too jerkish, after all.
(02-09-2020, 06:26 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-09-2020, 06:15 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: [ -> ]Caught up on the posts , and it seems Dragonstrike is practicing up the more clever and dickish side of being a DM. Shadow Hold and Perish Song Combo , and enforcing it despite Absol all but ending the Encounter? Me thinks you're bending the rules of the corebook  a wee bit too much to make the fight a challenge or ordeal, mate. If you're worried about that, the Mystery Dungeon is already a drain enough on our resources to make it a fair challenge, and we're all on a clock anyway until The Wind forces us out, so....yeah.

Slight Spoiler: it's harder because it's the last encounter of the floor, and because you guys have means to heal everyone back to full in between floors.  Absol aren't very bulky normally, so I decided to try an experiment to make it challenging in another manner.

Despite partially being a result of a 'but what if I did...this?' kind of idea, I wouldn't have created such an encounter if there wasn't a way to bounce back from it should things not work in your favor (in this instance, due to this being a test game).  I don't want to be too jerkish, after all.

Hmm....okay, fair enough. My knee jerk reaction was I didn't very well like Insta-KOes being dumped or threatened on us without good reason (Like getting caught up in an avalanche being a very good reason to get KOed and/or die), but when you put it like that I can see why you went ahead with it. NowmMe thinks Kogeki/Spirt is better off letting Daikatuna Faint and the Revive + Healing him (Via Heal Pulse and/or Wish and Berries ideally) and letting the Absol get away then, as if he's only going to lose one Pokemon to Perish Song its not a huge deal since that only = 1 Revive lost or Pokemon offline for 2 Encounters while the Nurse take care of it via the magic of the Portable PC.