Pokemon Uranium

Full Version: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-02-2019, 04:24 PM)Mikaruge108 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, Karen'll tag along. Second encounter is fine, so Ran can do what he needs to with the prosthetic.

On that note, Assuming showing off Apsid's strangeness to Rowan didn't count as an encounter, let's do a 'rest of the city encounter' hmm... contents will be a battle in the main town as for how it happens, maybe something similar to Kee's battle with the roughneck.

Showing off Aspid to Rowan did not take an encounter, no.

Any particular rarity or difficulties you're looking for specifically, or do you want to wait to see the list of options that come up?  Again, I'll treat this similarly to a Pokemon Center encounter.
(07-02-2019, 04:30 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-02-2019, 04:24 PM)Mikaruge108 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, Karen'll tag along. Second encounter is fine, so Ran can do what he needs to with the prosthetic.

On that note, Assuming showing off Apsid's strangeness to Rowan didn't count as an encounter, let's do a 'rest of the city encounter' hmm... contents will be a battle in the main town as for how it happens, maybe something similar to Kee's battle with the roughneck.

Showing off Aspid to Rowan did not take an encounter, no.

Any particular rarity or difficulties you're looking for specifically, or do you want to wait to see the list of options that come up?  Again, I'll treat this similarly to a Pokemon Center encounter.
Easy to Moderate difficulty. No particular rarity preferred.
Damn it! The most terrible Pokemon to my ghost face at the moment.

Hmm...Is Hidden Power Ghost or Telekinesis could work against Sneasel Dragonstrike? I know he is immune to sleep and psychic attacks so Hypnosis and Psywave is out of question.
(07-02-2019, 08:34 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: [ -> ]Damn it! The most terrible Pokemon to my ghost face at the moment.

Hmm...Is Hidden Power Ghost or Telekinesis could work against Sneasel Dragonstrike? I know he is immune to sleep and psychic attacks so Hypnosis and Psywave is out of question.

Hypnosis can actually affect Dark types (which is something the book states and is also a mechanic in the actual games), so there's that at least.

Almost all of Candice's pokemon are female, so HP-Ghost's effect won't work against most of them, unfortunately.
(07-02-2019, 08:36 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-02-2019, 08:34 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: [ -> ]Damn it! The most terrible Pokemon to my ghost face at the moment.

Hypnosis can actually affect Dark types (which is something the book states and is also a mechanic in the actual games), so there's that at least.

Almost all of Candice's pokemon are female, so HP-Ghost's effect won't work against most of them, unfortunately.

Hmm, okay, I have a plan: She still believe Nami is Steel type correct? So in order words, she is waiting a sleep assault from Nami. In terms of strategy she is probably waiting set some sort of defenses or attack with a steel type move.

But there is a chance she prepare her Sneasel to dodge, like she did against Ran....

But if I land a Hypnosis, her Sneasel will be vulnerable, enough to Nami calm set defenses, and get out of the field safely, enough to bring Heracross in the next Round.

But there is also Nami disobedience to consider....

, since both of you fight against her, what you think it's the best approach in your opinions?
(07-02-2019, 08:45 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, okay, I have a plan: She still believe Nami is Steel type correct? So in order words, she is waiting a sleep assault from Nami. In terms of strategy she is probably waiting set some sort of defenses or attack with a steel type move.

But there is a chance she prepare her Sneasel to dodge, like she did against Ran....

But if I land a Hypnosis, her Sneasel will be vulnerable, enough to Nami calm set defenses, and get out of the field safely, enough to bring Heracross in the next Round.

Yes, Candice has no reason right now to think she is facing a Psychic or Ghost type.  The first use of Hypnosis from Nami will be a complete surprise.

If there's one thing Nami doesn't want to happen, it's get absolutely munched by a Dark or Ghost type (though getting munched by a Dark type is arguably far worse since it's hard for her to do anything meaningful to them)
(07-02-2019, 08:48 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-02-2019, 08:45 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, okay, I have a plan: She still believe Nami is Steel type correct? So in order words, she is waiting a sleep assault from Nami. In terms of strategy she is probably waiting set some sort of defenses or attack with a steel type move.

Yes, Candice has no reason right now to think she is facing a Psychic or Ghost type.  The first use of Hypnosis from Nami will be a complete surprise.

If there's one thing Nami doesn't want to happen, it's get absolutely munched by a Dark or Ghost type (though getting munched by a Dark type isarguably far worse since it's hard for her to do anything meaningful to them)

Hmm...then there is a 50-50 percentage chance of work....or 60-40. 

Okay, that's a good number to me. Writing my post.

, since both of you fight against her, what you think it's the best approach in your opinions?

My approach was mostly either setting up with Puck and then passing out to the appropriate Pokemon, and/or then trying to either go on an all out assault against her or forcing her to be proactive instead of reactive to force them into bad situations. Basically, classic Baton Pass and Offense strat, taking maximum advantage of all the tricky Moves Ran's Pokemon had to trip up Candice's Pokemon and create weakness for them to exploit like no tomorrow. Diam's fights against Weavile and Frosslass getting Encore Trapped are prime examples of this happening.

Unfortunately, those tricks/strats are not broadly applicable to you, so I all I can suggest really is going for a Conditional Will Point Hypnosis, hammer away as much as you can with whatever Neutral/SE Coverage Moves the phantom bird of the opera has, then switching out to another Pokemon that can handle Sneasil better (Like Antarki). I suggest you don't use Nightmare at all in the fight, due to the fact that the Four Move Limit in Gym Battles is in full effect and you can't spam Moves, so 1 Status Move + 3 Attacking Moves would be the right Moveset to go about the Fight.

Oh, and keep in mind that Pressure will half your Will Points of the current Pokemon if the black kitty cat has the Ability, or if it doesn't then be on the lockout for Pickpocket shenanigans. That's all!
(07-02-2019, 09:19 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, and keep in mind that Pressure will half your Will Points of the current Pokemon if the black kitty cat has the Ability, or if it doesn't then be on the lockout for Pickpocket shenanigans. That's all!

Fortunately, Sneasel does not get Pressure normally.  It only gets Pressure after evolving into Weavile.
Hmm, Medicham. I was not waiting for that one...Psychic attacks will be difficult to handle. Not to mentioned he took some damage previous round, so Sucessive attacks like Arm Trust or Pin Missile will not help very much. What to do....