Pokemon Uranium

Full Version: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good job Windos! Efficient use of space.
(06-02-2019, 06:25 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: [ -> ]Alright! That means the party gets to brave tundra/tiaga weather, and possibly get into non-Quest Battles/Events! Looking forward to it all! Also like the fact our charas. get to socialize a bit, but I'm not too sure if mine will be all that outgoing unless someone(s) drags him into such bonding activites (Though if you offer to go out drinking prior to the quest, he'll certainly accept, mates!).

Good reasoning! I'm kinda surprised Snowpoint/People living near Mt. Coronet don't already know something is up with the large landmark, and haven't gotten to spreading that fact/more concrete details far and wide via rumor mogering/Jubalife news, unless the local League/Gov and Rowan have been doing their darnest to surpress all that.

Hope everyone's bundled up!

Snowpoint's a lot farther away from Mt. Coronet, so they've not had as much exposure to these strange happenings (if any).  Celestic, Hearthome, Eterna, and Oreburgh are all right next to commonly used manmade tunnels, however.  The rumors have only just started to spread since people have only just started to notice that something strange is going on.  Those rumors are going to spread fast, though.  And already have been as evidenced by some of the events in the backstory PMs I did with everyone.  You'd be amazed how quickly word can spread when seasoned trainers have access to Fly and the internet is a thing.

And yes, the League and Rowan are trying to keep things quiet for now.  They can only keep it down for so long, though.
I also made some personal editions myself in my Char sheet. Combine some parts together for better management of data.
Status Update: I think I've got the majority of my notes for the test game in order now, and I've also just fixed all the broken music links I had, so I believe I'm just about ready to get this thing started!

All that's really left is determining exactly when I'm gonna start it, because I could in theory start it before Sunday now that the majority of the prep work is done.
(06-06-2019, 08:31 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: [ -> ]Status Update: I think I've got the majority of my notes for the test game in order now, and I've also just fixed all the broken music links I had, so I believe I'm just about ready to get this thing started!

All that's really left is determining exactly when I'm gonna start it, because I could in theory start it before Sunday now that the majority of the prep work is done.

Wowzor! That's a development I was not expecting! Happy to see it happening, though!

Start whenever you feel is the 'best' time for you. You can only begin a campaign once, after all, so you might as well do it when you can give it the very best of your effort and time! I'm also thinking about writing the Epilogue for my thread either sometime tomorrow or Saturday, so if that has any bearing on your start date decision, there you go!
(06-06-2019, 08:46 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: [ -> ]Wowzor! That's a development I was not expecting! Happy to see it happening, though!

Start whenever you feel is the 'best' time for you. You can only begin a campaign once, after all, so you might as well do it when you can give it the very best of your effort and time! I'm also thinking about writing the Epilogue for my thread either sometime tomorrow or Saturday, so if that has any bearing on your start date decision, there you go!

I've been working pretty hard to meet my self imposed deadline.

And I've also been a little bored, lol.

Definitely not starting it tonight though since I have prior obligations that'll be keeping me busy in about an hour or so.

...or maybe I should, thinking about it.  Ya know, since Mika's more active in the mornings and all.  Would give him plenty of time to respond to the opening post.
(06-06-2019, 08:53 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: [ -> ]I've been working pretty hard to meet my self imposed deadline.

Definitely not starting it tonight though since I have prior obligations that'll be keeping me busy in about an hour or so.

...or maybe I should, thinking about it.  Ya know, since Mika's more active in the mornings and all.  Would give him plenty of time to respond to the opening post.

Like I said, do what is best for you, mate. If you have other stuff to do shortly, though, I think it's best not to start on writing and posting now, unless you're sure that it won't be rushing any of your ideas to completion and leaving stuff out you wanted in.
(06-06-2019, 08:59 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-06-2019, 08:53 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: [ -> ]I've been working pretty hard to meet my self imposed deadline.

Like I said, do what is best for you, mate. If you have other stuff to do shortly, though, I think it's best not to start on writing and posting now, unless you're sure that it won't be rushing any of your ideas to completion and leaving stuff out you wanted in.

Well, the initial post is already done, actually.  I just gotta click the post button. Tongue

In any case, my own posting habits are generally going to boil down to 'the soonest opportunity I can get to it' for the most part, since my schedule isn't always consistent, and I don't usually have a lot planned for my free time.

And given most of the activity would probably start in the morning, I honestly don't feel like posting would cause a massive amount of pressure multi-tasking wise.

Hence why I'm considering starting things tonight, tbh.
(06-06-2019, 09:04 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: [ -> ]Well, the initial post is already done, actually.  I just gotta click the post button. Tongue

In any case, my own posting habits are generally going to boil down to 'the soonest opportunity I can get to it' for the most part, since my schedule isn't always consistent, and I don't usually have a lot planned for my free time.

And given most of the activity would probably start in the morning, I honestly don't feel like posting would cause a massive amount of pressure multi-tasking wise.

Hence why I'm considering starting things tonight, tbh.

Huh. Well, in that case, I suppose you post ASAP if you want to afford Mika the opportunity to post themselves ASAP (or Spiritmon/Phantom, since they frequent the forums pretty early themselves).  My own posting habits are basically the opposite of yours ('When I'm ready and able to devote sufficient time to it') and more on the spot, so I thought you'd actually hadn't got the starting post done yet in favor of plot development/brainstorming (especially with Phantom joining in so late).

Keep in mind that if you post soon, then I'll probably be one of the first (if not the first) to get things started with Ran, which means I'll/he'll be the one dictating the starting scene and who knows how much from there. I don't have a problem with that, nor do I think it would be a problem, but its something that is to be considered.
(06-06-2019, 09:20 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: [ -> ]Huh. Well, in that case, I suppose you post ASAP if you want to afford Mika the opportunity to post themselves ASAP (or Spiritmon/Phantom, since they frequent the forums pretty early themselves).  My own posting habits are basically the opposite of yours ('When I'm ready and able to devote sufficient time to it') and more on the spot, so I thought you'd actually hadn't got the starting post done yet in favor of plot development/brainstorming (especially with Phantom joining in so late).

Keep in mind that if you post soon, then I'll probably be one of the first (if not the first) to get things started with Ran, which means I'll/he'll be the one dictating the starting scene and who knows how much from there. I don't have a problem with that, nor do I think it would be a problem, but its something that is to be considered.

You underestimate how much plot related brainstorming I've been doing while planning out my game, dear Windos ;P  Story is a rather important part of these TRPGs, after all.

Well, we'll see how it develops, I suppose.  It might give Spirit and Mika an idea of how they wish to introduce their characters to the scene as well.  In any case, I'll stop being Wishiwashi and just go click that post button now...

EDIT: *CLICK!* Alright, the players now have free reign to respond to the situation! Let's get this thing going!