Pokemon Uranium

Full Version: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-25-2019, 07:25 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: [ -> ]Took the time to restore myself from the time i get out. Primal mega huh? Gonna send my orders soon.

Oh, so you're back now?  Well alright then.
So people. What is the plan of action against those Primal mega? Bring Nagi and use Hidden Power on them? I could bring Susano and Mega evolve him, or bring even Gama for change typing. Maybe Hime and use Air Cutter to spread attack and Bug Bite. Or if the situation get dangerous use Final Gambit as a last resource. No matter the foe, its almost garanteen this move will hit hard the enemy, no matter the Plot Device ability. It could also give us a idea how much HP these enemies has.

Another idea of mine would be make Nami use Ilusion and become a mirror copy of a Primal Rampardos I face in Mt. Coronet. She has there when such battle happened, and her Hidden Power can infatuate males enemies. Or even cause confusion in case she disguise as a male pokemon.
(07-26-2019, 09:47 AM)Spiritmon Wrote: [ -> ]So people. What is the plan of action against those Primal mega? Bring Nagi and use Hidden Power on them? I could bring Susano and Mega evolve him, or bring even Gama for change typing. Maybe Hime and use Air Cutter to spread attack and Bug Bite. Or if the situation get dangerous use Final Gambit as a last resource. No matter the foe, its almost garanteen this move will hit hard the enemy, no matter the Plot Device ability. It could also give us a idea how much HP these enemies has.

Another idea of mine would be make Nami use Ilusion and become a mirror copy of a Primal Rampardos I face in Mt. Coronet. She has there when such battle happened, and her Hidden Power can infatuate males enemies. Or even cause confusion in case she disguise as a male pokemon.

I actually had Kogeki bring Heracross instead of Hime due to the Ice weakness.  If you want to change up your team before the fight begins and I roll initiatives, though (since you partially knew what to expect IC), let me know who you want to bring and I'll edit things accordingly.
(07-26-2019, 09:47 AM)Spiritmon Wrote: [ -> ]So people. What is the plan of action against those Primal mega? Bring Nagi and use Hidden Power on them? I could bring Susano and Mega evolve him, or bring even Gama for change typing. Maybe Hime and use Air Cutter to spread attack and Bug Bite. Or if the situation get dangerous use Final Gambit as a last resource. No matter the foe, its almost garanteen this move will hit hard the enemy, no matter the Plot Device ability. It could also give us a idea how much HP these enemies has.

More or less yes with Nagi, as having Sunny Day up before they use Blizzard would be invaluable, but most of the rest of Kogeki's Pokemon and what you do with them doesn't matter as much to me. Just choose what you believe will be the most effective Pokemon to fight against the Mega Abomasnows, really!

I DO recommend keeping Heracross and sending them out with Nagi, tho. Their Multi-Hit Attacks would be utterly BRUTAL to the M/A's, even with that + 2 Defense buff from Hail. Heck, if Dragonstrike allows it, Status Hera with either Poison (Preferred) or Paralysis and trigger Guts before the battle, which will nicely counter that Hail Buff!
I look in char sheet and still has Hime on the char sheert but I gonna take a change soon. But I prefer keep Hera in this case. Multi target moves is really powerfull.

Problem is I dont have have moves who could make status change without cause damage in Heracross. If you by chance have a Toxic or Burn status without cause too much damage that could be useful.
(07-26-2019, 10:29 AM)Spiritmon Wrote: [ -> ]
I look in char sheet and still has Hime on the char sheert but I gonna take a change soon. But I prefer keep Hera in this case. Multi target moves is really powerfull.

Problem is I dont have have moves who could make status change without cause damage in Heracross. If you by chance have a Toxic or Burn status without cause too much damage that could be useful.

I have Belladona, who knows Poison Gas, which would serve just fine to trigger Guts.....presuming she would want to, anyway. I don't think she would mind too much doing so, since she LOVES screwing and dominating her foes (And probably would relish doing so to Fighting and Bug Types), but she might not do as requested just to be contrary. Dragonstrike, would a Loyalty Roll be necessary to get her to Poison Kogeki's Heracross, and if so, could you Roll that out (If acceptable)?

Karen's Magneton can also trigger Guts with Paralysis, but given how the Accuracy system of this version of Pokerole works it'll really tank your ability to make more than 2 Attacks per Round and ruin your Initiative. Still, it's an option, and the downside of Paralysis Guts can be overcome by just using a few High Power Moves instead of a lot of middling ones.
I didn't bother to swap the party around on your character sheet, Spirit.  Just stated the team composition in the game thread.  I did rearrange the held items, though.

If you wish to use the Guts strat, you may absolutely status Heracross beforehand.  No Loyalty roll required for Poison Gas.  No accuracy roll required either as long as the move being used doesn't directly deal damage.
(07-26-2019, 11:19 AM)Dragonstrike Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't bother to swap the party around on your character sheet, Spirit.  Just stated the team composition in the game thread.  I did rearrange the held items, though.

If you wish to use the Guts strat, you may absolutely status Heracross beforehand.  No Loyalty roll required for Poison Gas.  No accuracy roll required either as long as the move being used doesn't directly deal damage.

Nice! Looks like Hera is going to be ready to bring on the PAIN TRAIN! The Abomasnow will be on board for one heck of a beating from them, choo choo!

So...... , what will your two starting fighters will be? The sooner we know, the sooner Initiatives can get Rolled.
It'll be shared in-game among one or two additional things that I wanted to adress, I'm on it. Don't wait for it though, I don't want to rush through it.
(07-26-2019, 11:29 AM)Lord Windos Wrote: [ -> ]Nice! Looks like Hera is going to be ready to bring on the PAIN TRAIN! The Abomasnow will be on board for one heck of a beating from them, choo choo!

Do be warned, however, that most pokemon are not partial to being statused constantly. They're not a comfortable thing to endure.  (There are rare exceptions, of course)