Pokemon Uranium

Full Version: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Man, I do like what you've done with the Snover, Dragonstrike. Giving them the potential to more easily become overgrown AND give them another Ability that can synergize well with the right team set up (Soundproof blanks BOOMBURST, which makes them another safe partner for Beethoven to fight with [or hide behind], and it guards against all sorts of pesky debuffs !) is just gravy, and Needle Arm is honestly a sweet Flinching STAB that I wonder why Gamefreak didn't give to the Snover line in the first place. And Snow Warning + Ingrain + Leftovers is a right bulky nightmare to whittle down, double especially with Catherine acting as support!

I'm also pleased in a 'Oh, you devious man!' sort of way with the whole Howling Snowstorm thing you went for with the Mega Abomasnows, as it pretty much blanked a lot of Kee's Pokemon from consideration and prevented the Chatot from BOOMBURSTING them both but didn't totally limit our options in dealing with them, making for a nice challenge hike. In general, I didn't see any problems with the Mega Abomasnow fight, as it was rightfully hard in a completely fair way and fun throughout it.

Overall, great job with the Christmas trees, mate! If this is a sign of what's to come in Mt. Coronet, I eagerly await it all!
The fight itself was fun and I personally don't have any problem with it, not even with that Soundproof-aspect as I appreciate if the classic strategy used in battle is useless and you are asked to find different ways to win nevertheless - what DID gave it some sort of a sour taste for me though were
1. Ran's decision to hold Round 2 completely by himself: That's already discussed, and I please don't want to see similar acts or solo runs like that again as they are...not really fun, or at least not soon/it's not reasoned to do so aka we can win a fight still without going that way/it's a group encounter.
and
2. the soft-chaos outta-chara about what to do with the Abomasnow afterwards. Purely in-chara, Kee took all that badly, I guess it triggered him a little too much, he needs some rest after things at the Mystri Stage are handled with.

But, these issues are beyond a Gamemaster's discretion and are player's actions.
Thanks for the positive feedback!  Glad you guys liked the boss fight!
I also enjoyed the battle. I must confess I was a bit scary when we see two Primal Mega, but get great in the end. Can't to see what more you have stored Dragon
(07-27-2019, 11:06 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: [ -> ]Huh. I was checking Dramsama moves and discover Nami could learn Skill Swap by 40 XP. It's a pretty dang move. Swap Ability with his target? Impressive. Imagine a Mega Nami with Prankster? Protean? Or even Sheer Force? Dragonstrike, how Skill Swap work here? The switch ability is for the rest of the scene or only as long stay in the battlefield?

Whoops, this got lost in all the other chatter earlier. Sorry!

A pokemon that's switched out of battle regains their original ability if it was Skill Swapped.
Oh shoot. It's there any surprise I could pay to have a upgrade in this move? Like +100 XP to have changed ability be stay for the rest of the battle or a whole day?
(07-28-2019, 01:36 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-28-2019, 01:22 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-28-2019, 01:04 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: [ -> ].....Well, I was not expecting to see a Azure Flute floating on the Stage, and those lights.....

Quick questions, Dragonstrike: Would Ran recognize the Flute from his extensive readings? What inferences could he infer about it/the lights (And can a Insight Roll be made about them, too)? Oh, and can Ran summon Catherine by the entrance of the Stage's Room, and leave his Pokeballs/Pokemon with her for safekeeping?

No, there is no known documentation on the item.  Hence the ???

*rolls*

Having read The Pixies' Gifts, the lights remind Randolph of the positions of the Lake Trio.

Yes, Catherine will absolutely watch Randolph's pokemon for him.

Okay! Just making sure!

Welp, at least my chara has a idea of what those lights represent, and will duly warn the rest about them!

I'll refrain from posting until I get Mika's and Spirit's answer on what they want to investigate, as I don't want to tread on their feet much by rushing ahead.

Karen'll check on the Pink Light
I forgot to said we didn't decide the name of our group yet. I was thinking in K3R. Or maybe 3KR. What you guys think?
(07-29-2019, 08:58 AM)Spiritmon Wrote: [ -> ]I forgot to said we didn't decide the name of our group yet.  I was thinking in K3R. Or maybe 3KR. What you guys think?

I like K3R, but let's hold off naming the group until after our final member joins, okay? Wouldn't want to jump the gun, right?
(07-29-2019, 07:00 AM)Spiritmon Wrote: [ -> ]Oh shoot. It's there any surprise I could pay to have a upgrade in this move? Like +100 XP to have changed ability be stay for the rest of the battle or a whole day?

I stiill need to think about Surprise costs carefully.  And again, I'm not expecting rules altering Surprises to show up in the test game.