Pokemon Uranium

Full Version: Ice deer is arting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
About an hour and a half with mouse and paint using nuclear kinetmunk's pallet, this is my end result.

[Image: tumblr_oet645n2DG1tjbhgzo2_r1_100.png]
Pretty simple compared to some things I've made but really, I adore this plant kitty so much I had to make this.
Might mock up a moveset and bio as well, need to think of something first.

Also before I forget

[Image: tumblr_od9iiz2LFG1tjbhgzo1_540.jpg]
Made about a month ago, still very proud.
(10-15-2016, 06:37 AM)frostydeer Wrote: [ -> ]About an hour and a half with mouse and paint using nuclear kinetmunk's pallet, this is my end result.

[Image: tumblr_oet645n2DG1tjbhgzo2_r1_100.png]
Pretty simple compared to some things I've made but really, I adore this plant kitty so much I had to make this.
Might mock up a moveset and bio as well, need to think of something first.

Also before I forget

[Image: tumblr_od9iiz2LFG1tjbhgzo1_540.jpg]
Made about a month ago, still very proud.
Nice work man  Smile
Slightly edited the sprite i did to be a bit better defined.
[Image: tumblr_oet645n2DG1tjbhgzo3_r1_100.png]
And a story blurb!

A group of more reclusive Orchynx had the misfortune of living in a forest that was near drowned in radioactive fallout, blown on the winds from a destroyed plant. The changes were rather slow onset due to their part steel typing but the end result was still a nuclear pokemon. The once shy creatures have become so short tempered and vicious they remain one of the few creatures left in their forest, the rest slain or forced away by the group. It's sub-dermal metal plates cause it to shed less radiation then other similarly sized nuclear pokemon. They have started to show a worrying interest in hunting down radioactive metals and eating them.

Move set:

Iron Tail
Leech Seed
Nuclear Waste
Vine Whip

...and thats all I got. Opinions?
Love the artwork, especially that beautiful picture of that trainer lounging on the edge of a building. They look look so calm and at peace with the world...

As for the Nuclear Orchynx, I suggest darkening the colors a tad. While its steel typing would result in it having slightly lighter shading then other Nuclear types, I think it would look better with a slight palate shift. That, and tarnishing the metal parts a bit, to match with the corruption from the rest of the radiation.
[Image: tumblr_oet645n2DG1tjbhgzo4_r1_100.png] Edit of an edit of an edit, 3 programs at this point to make one sprite.
Very nice work!  Do you mind if I share this thread to the Uranium FB group?  I've been doing Nuclear sprites and posting them there for some time now, and I posted my own Nuclear sprites of the three Tandor starters a couple days ago... but I dare say your version of Orchynx is much better -- I turned the metal parts green on mine, but your sprite looks much nicer keeping them silver and adding the tarnish.
(10-16-2016, 01:32 PM)EeveeBailey Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice work!  Do you mind if I share this thread to the Uranium FB group?  I've been doing Nuclear sprites and posting them there for some time now, and I posted my own Nuclear sprites of the three Tandor starters a couple days ago... but I dare say your version of Orchynx is much better -- I turned the metal parts green on mine, but your sprite looks much nicer keeping them silver and adding the tarnish.

Please feel free to! And thank you for the complement, I've seen your versions of nuclear pokemon and they are amazing.
The changes you made were spot on! Keep up the good work now, and hey, why not try working with Eevee? It seems you guys share a thing for spriting....
A continuation of me learning spriting

[Image: tumblr_oet645n2DG1tjbhgzo5_r1_100.png]
Nuclear Orchynx in the wild have a slightly easier time evolving then their non nuclear counterparts. They attack anything they come across barring it's own pack which tends to lead to a spar that looks as vicious as a real fight. Attempts to catch and train this pokemon have lead to some painful results, cuts, bites and radiation burns. They shed a lot far more radiation then their prevolution and appear to have their metal parts alloyed with radioactive metals. Approaching one is greatly not advised.

Moveset:

Mega Drain
Iron Tail
Energy Ball
Nuclear Slash
Love the drawing of Pluto, I think this is the first time I've ever seen someone mock up a trainer instead of Pokemon.
Pages: 1 2