Pokemon Uranium

Full Version: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kogeki was just quiet upon receiving the Club in the head for a moment. He then rub his head. "...Ouch."

He then look to Marcus. "Me also don't want to be labeled as criminal. But can I keep draining Aura of fainted Pokemon? It is not killing, and the Pokemon are kept alive. And I don't drain all of their Auras."
[attachment=1038]

Marcus sighs and tries to calm down a little.  "...you all are more like young pokemon than you might think...look, just make sure you all have some common decency and respect for life, and you should be fine as far as not ending up with bounties on your heads, alright?  And that means not simply turning the other cheek if you're a possible witness as well.  If you or someone you're adventuring with kill something, then it better be for a damn good reason, not just because you can or 'are curious'.  If you want to be a part of civilized society, ya gotta make sure you're acting the part, too.  Feral pokemon are often considered rather dangerous by the townsfolk."

[attachment=1039]

"That being said, wild pokemon such as these Bonsly and Zigzagoon can be adopted into society.  It's what the guilds like to call 'recruitment'.  Sometimes, you'll have an opportunity to try and impress a wild pokemon while you're fighting them.  Maybe you're really scary and they don't want to get hurt, maybe you're really persuasive, or maybe you just look really cool.  Regardless of how you impress them, if you're successful, then they'll likely want to join your little group!"

[attachment=1040]

"...though I don't think any of the wild pokemon around here have been inclined to join anyone recently...it's strange, honestly.  Usually, weaker wild pokemon tend to be easier to convince, but...none of them around here seem to be able to be persuaded these days.  But, no use worrying about it right now, I suppose.  Let's keep moving.  We still need to find the exit, after all."

Karen finally speaks up again, clearly uncomfortable with the direction the conversation has taken thanks to Pyra once more.  "...yeah, can we keep moving please?  I don't want us to talk about this right now..."

---------------------------------------------

When everyone moves to a new tile, they recover 1 HP.

"Mystery Dungeons are strange places, for more than one reason. Wounds heal faster than normal if they aren't deadly, for example. Of course, you never know what may be around the corner, so try to avoid putting yourself in danger unnecessarily."

[attachment=1041]

The next tile is a long, winding path through another corridor of trees.  The group runs into another small group of wild pokemon as they're walking down it!  Two Gligar swoop down from the branches of some of the trees, and a Meditite takes a defensive stance as everyone approaches!

"...again?  Aren't they going to leave us alone eventually?"

"Not until we've gotten out of this Mystery Dungeon, I'm afraid!"

Round 1 Initiatives
Gligar A: (6) + 3 = 9
Daxter: (6) + 3 = 9
Kogeki: (5) + 3 = 8
Marcus: (6) + 2 = 8
Gligar B: (2) + 3 = 5
Meditite: (2) + 3 = 5
Kee: (3) + 2 = 5
Karen: (2) + 1 = 3
Pyra: (2) + 1 = 3
(04-17-2020, 01:17 AM)Lord Windos Wrote: [ -> ]Once the last Bonsly is downed, Pyra posture relaxes and her smile turns much less dangerous as she hops up and down while clapping and cheering in celebration!

"Yay, hooray, we have beaten our foes, and made that Fight their woe! Feel stronger, better yes, and more in tune with my inner Darkness and Flames! Yes, yes, this is very much hooray!"

With her newly honed Instincts she now knows how to properly Bite into a opponent.....and that's about it. But hey, it's pretty good STAB Move for her regardless, and one she'll be putting to good use in the future!

After she's done with her self-revelry, the lil' demoness would proceed to happily follow Kogeki's suggestion, frisking the frisking Fainted Pokemon that they weren't checking. When she gets to the non-Galarian Zigzagoon, she gets a curious and ponderous expression before she looks to the group and raises her hand to get their attention, before pointing it to the browncoon.

"Allies and friends, is it acceptable that I hunt and eat some this enemy Zigzagoon, yes? Interested and intrigued, to try the taste of Pokemon meat, and see for myself if it is fair or foul."
Dax felt queasy just thinking about it. He saw these unconscious Pokemon, and all he felt was a surge of pity. They were likely just scrounging for food. They didn't deserve to be beaten up and then eaten. They attacked, and Dax and Kee and the rest of them just defended themselves. Eating them seemed to be a step too far. He decided he couldn't let it happen.
"Uh. Please don't. I feel bad just thinking about it. These little dudes were probably just looking for food. I know I get mouthy in a fight but that's just me getting a little fired up and excited. I kind of like the thrill. But the idea of eating Pokemon feels as horrible as eating humans to me. We've got plenty of food, and we can easily find more. I think we should just leave these poor dudes alone. Seriously. Please don't make me beg." He replied, with a touch of defiance.
Quote:"Oi, what the heck are you all thinking?!  Do you want to risk getting labeled as criminals?!  Civilized pokemon don't eat other pokemon!  I don't know if that's any different in the human world, but it's not the case here at all!  Use a little common sense, Pyra, or you're going to get yourself in trouble, and I'm not bailing you out of it if you do!"
Dax looks at Marcus gratefully. Marcus seemed disturbed by the idea, and he was brave enough to voice it. He started to relax a little.

Quote:And finally, massive worry and fear breaks through. That's when he turns towards Marcus and speaks his mind to him: "NonononoNO, I definitely DON'T wanna be labeled a criminal,  I REALLY don't wanna have anythin' t'do with this, I... I ONLY reluctantly let Pyra do as she pleases cuz I don't wanna get into a for-surely-heated argument with tha lady, ya've gotta b'lieve me, Marcus! o(TヘTo) I just told ya that I am a vegetarian, 'n I don't want any trouble cuz I'm not behavin' like a civilized 'Mon shall do, I WANT TO be a civilized 'Mon!"

Dax turns to Kee.
"Listen man, please don't take this the wrong way, but you gotta be more open with what you're thinking and stand by it. I'm glad you took over this whole leadership thing, because it's not something I can do. Ever. But you are our leader, and if we're doing something you don't like, and you have a reason not to like, tell us. Voice it. I'm glad you're with me on this though. Eating other pokemon feels so damn wrong."
Quote:The next tile is a long, winding path through another corridor of trees.  The group runs into another small group of wild pokemon as they're walking down it!  Two Gligar swoop down from the branches of some of the trees, and a Meditite takes a defensive stance as everyone approaches!
Dax, still deeply disturbed by Pyra's desires almost doesn't realise that they are faced up with another set of opponents.
"Come on, then!" He shouts at them. "Let's see how much better than those others you do!"
He takes a deep breath, and launches another stream of bubbles directly at the two Gligar.
Bubble
Accuracy: 2 Dex + 2 Fight + 0 Channel +2 Single Action = 6d6
Damage: 2 Power + 2 Special + STAB + SE = 5D6 + 1
Additional Effects; 1D6 for a chance to lower each hit opponent's Dex by 1
(04-17-2020, 04:24 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: [ -> ]

As the armored craftsmon presents his rational against her hunting, Pyra pays utmost and unerring attention to him, listening with a calm yet still very much curious and interested expression and tilting her head this way and that as she parsed everything he had to say. Her thought process went a little like this:

This took several long minutes of silence on her part, but eventually she gives Marcus a big smile and nod of understanding so far as she has come to. 

"Alright and understood, yes, Bone Craftsmon Marcus! Won't cause trouble or turmoil by murderous intent or deed henceforth, no, unless the need for doing so be urgent or reasonable! If you wish, Marcus and my friends, I can swear and promise this to you, yes, if that would be a balm to calm your souls."

Hopefully that'll alleviate the concerns of her allies and friends, or make some decent progress in doing so! The last thing she wants is create a permanent rift between her and the rest of her group and friends, and keep on causing awkward and tense situations that put everyone on edge, oh infernal no!

(Whew, that took ages to do so, but this part is finished! Decided to outline Pyra's thought process this once, so that everyone can get a generally understanding on how she thinks and processes things, and give more insight and hints on what constitutes her morality [and lack thereof]for you to better interact with her , so don't worry about this becoming a regular thing!)

-------

The playful fiendess continues to listen attentively to Marcus as they traverse through Dry Woods, but that activity is put on hold when a pair of scorpiobats and a tiny yoggist run into them and proceed to start harassing and maligning everyone! Immediately her attitude shifts to a more devilish degree as her eyes and grin turns sharp and menacing as she stares down her foes. Intimidate Triggered! - 1 STR to all Foes !

Instead of making a vengeful quip this time, Pyra elects to leap forward and sink her teeth into slower of the two Gligar to give them one hell of a Biting comeback to their hostility. If she and her group are going to keep Encountering unremarkable Wild Pokemon that want to savage them, she'll just start cutting to the chase and into them post haste for now on!

Orders: Nom on slowest Gligar (G .B) with Bite, but if they get KOed or Flinched by Kogeki if they will choose to Bite the fastest one, or use Ember on G.B if it's below 1/2 HP in the hopes of finishing them off! Let's curbstomp this latest unruly mob, before they can get the chance to inflict nasty tricks and toxins on us!

Move:

Bite
Accuracy: 6D6 Base Dice
Damage: STR (2) + 2 + STAB = 5D6 Base Damage
Effect: *Flinch 3*

Ember
Accuracy: 7D6 Base Dice
Damage: 4D6 Base Damage
Effect: Known
(04-17-2020, 04:24 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: [ -> ]

Kogeki listen to each of Marcus words, trying to process what he said. He might need to get used to all this Pokemon. He have a human spirit, but still is in Pokemon form. He still need to get stronger and stronger by beating any danger he have ahead of him. And getting stronger in his control over the Aura. He might evolve more quickly if he absorb more and more Auras. The group see pretty much unbothered by the fact Kogeki is almost like a vampire. But a Vampires of Aura.

He pretty much acceptable of Marcus words. He still gonna drain Auras, but without kill anyone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Kogeki see Meditite and those Gligar, he begin to think about what kind of move he should use this time...And decided what to do. "Karen, Marcus. Focus your attacks in those Gligars. They might be pretty much annoying to deal with." Kogeki focus his attention on Gligar B. He reveal his fangs and launch himself to battle, using Bite on Gligar B!

Action: Chomp Gligar B! If he by chance get himself Fainted due to Daxter Bubbles, he will use Bite on Meditite instead!

Bite: Dex(2)+Fight(2)+Brawl(0)+Single Action(2)=6D6
Damage: Power(2)+STR(2)=4D6
Effect: D3 to Flinch.
(04-17-2020, 04:24 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: [ -> ][attachment=1042]
Marcus sighs and tries to calm down a little.  "...you all are more like young pokemon than you might think...look, just make sure you all have some common decency and respect for life, and you should be fine as far as not ending up with bounties on your heads, alright?  And that means not simply turning the other cheek if you're a possible witness as well.  If you or someone you're adventuring with kill something, then it better be for a damn good reason, not just because you can or 'are curious'.  If you want to be a part of civilized society, ya gotta make sure you're acting the part, too.  Feral pokemon are often considered rather dangerous by the townsfolk."

Kee makes EXTRA-SURE to keep these words of the helpful craftsmon in mind, he nods eagerly. "I do 'ave quite tha respect for life...", he mutters more to himself than to anyone as sudden feelings of loneliness arise within him, causing him to become quiet and meek. Must be remains from his human life...

The thought of bounties on one's heads scares the heck out of him! As he takes a determined stance and continues leading the way, he decides to make sure that NONE can nor will kill a fellow Mon while he's around. That's the least he can do, and so he will!

The idea of 'recruitment' also excites and impresses him!~ Though he feels that he may not have to 'persuade' Octavia.:*☆ to stick with him once those two meet again, maybe - hopefully - she'll stick with him just because it's him.

(04-17-2020, 08:30 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: [ -> ]Kogeki listen to each of Marcus words, trying to process what he said. He might need to get used to all this Pokemon. He have a human spirit, but still is in Pokemon form. He still need to get stronger and stronger by beating any danger he have ahead of him. And getting stronger in his control over the Aura. He might evolve more quickly if he absorb more and more Auras. The group see pretty much unbothered by the fact Kogeki is almost like a vampire. But a Vampires of Aura.

He pretty much acceptable of Marcus words. He still gonna drain Auras, but without kill anyone.

(As long as it's certain that this doesn't do permanent damage nor pain to a fainted 'Mon, Kee doesn't mind Kogeki doing so. He has been silently paying attention to this act of Kogeki and will continue doing so, but won't jump at him. Expect him to raise questions about this at some point though.)

(04-17-2020, 05:42 PM)no one Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:And finally, massive worry and fear breaks through. That's when he turns towards Marcus and speaks his mind to him: "NonononoNO, I definitely DON'T wanna be labeled a criminal,  I REALLY don't wanna have anythin' t'do with this, I... I ONLY reluctantly let Pyra do as she pleases cuz I don't wanna get into a for-surely-heated argument with tha lady, ya've gotta b'lieve me, Marcus! o(TヘTo) I just told ya that I am a vegetarian, 'n I don't want any trouble cuz I'm not behavin' like a civilized 'Mon shall do, I WANT TO be a civilized 'Mon!"

Dax turns to Kee.
"Listen man, please don't take this the wrong way, but you gotta be more open with what you're thinking and stand by it. I'm glad you took over this whole leadership thing, because it's not something I can do. Ever. But you are our leader, and if we're doing something you don't like, and you have a reason not to like, tell us. Voice it. I'm glad you're with me on this though. Eating other pokemon feels so damn wrong."

Once more Kee becomes weirdly quiet and meek as he listens to what Dax has to tell him, and once he's done he (Kee) raises a black paw for another 'It is no big deal'-gesture. "Nah, not goin' t'take this the wrong way..." He also smiles a toothy Ziggy-smile for being thankful that he and Dax are in the same boat about the idea of eating fellow Pokemon!~

"Usually I AM quite open 'bout mah thoughts 'n WILL interecept shall anyone 'round do somethin' I don't approve of... But, but..." He facepalms over himself, " I just could not bring mahself over gettin' into 'n argument with the lady here, dear Pyra may opt to hate me for doin' so, couldn't let that happen when I respect females so much 'n just enjoy bein' with 'em.... Never been interested in dating nor gettin' 'em into bed, but... Ugggghhhh, but I guess carefully 'n respectfully disagreein' is fine?" (Kee was quite a ladies' man as a human!~ And aromatic-asexual on top of that, with 2 Logic he can now remember that aspect of his too (◕‿◕))

Quote:The next tile is a long, winding path through another corridor of trees.  The group runs into another small group of wild pokemon as they're walking down it! Two Gligar swoop down from the branches of some of the trees, and a Meditite takes a defensive stance as everyone approaches!

Ohhh, another battle!~ Kee's somewhat pleased that he and the other are getting quite the nice amount of practical experience, such a neat way to hone their battle skills.

He growls quite aggressively at those two flying skorpi as they swoop down from the trees, recognizing them as the bigger threat due to poison. Nope, he's not going to risk anything, instead he makes a swift leap behind one of those many trees around until it's his time to counterattack!

Action: Take cover behind one of the trees in the area, as they are static and stationary this shouldn't take an Action. And then, once it's his turn, he'll jump outta his cover for another 'totally playful' tackle!~

Accuracy Roll Kee's Tackle at Gligar A: 2 Dext + 2 Fight + 0 Brawl + 2 SingleAction Bonus = 6d6
Damage Roll: 1 Strength + 2 power + STAB = 4d6
Additional notes: Target Gligar B if Gligar A is already down by the time Kee gets to attack.

However, if BOTH those flying skorpis are already down by the time he gets to do something, he's going to turn towwards Meditite to give them a just as 'playful' lick over their cheek~

Accuracy Roll Kee's Lick: Same as Tackle
Damage Roll: 1 Strength + 1 power = 2d6, will deal 1 autodamage due to SE
Additional notes: Has 3CD to paralyze.
The trees are packed too closely together to take cover behind them!  That's why there's corridors!

In such a tight space, the battle quickly devolves into a semi-chaotic mess where it's difficult to keep track of exactly what's going on!

Round 1 (I didn't have any good ideas for what to call this one, tbh)

The first Gligar swoops down and pricks the Water type with the pointy end of its tail!

Poison Sting A
(3)(4)(3)(3)(4)(2)
(5) Daxter takes 1 damage! 4/5 HP
(6)(6)(3) Daxter was Poisoned!

Despite feeling somewhat nauseous now, Daxter retaliates with a flurry of foam!

Bubble
(5)(2)(4)(2)(1)(2)
(6)(5)(4) Both Gligar take 4 damage! 2/6 HP -2 Pain
(6) -1 Dex for Gligar A!
(1)

Kogeki leaps at the other airborne opponent in a bid to stop the same from happening to someone else!

Bite
(2)(3)(3)(6)(6)(1)
(4) Gligar B takes 1 damage! 1/6 HP -3 Pain
(4)(6)(3) Gligar B Flinches!

Marcus heeds Kogeki's suggestion, and rams an enemy Gligar with his hard skull helmet!  "Agreed!  Take this, ya winged nuisances!"

Headbutt
(6)(1)(4)(4)(3)(2)(1)(5)
3 + 3* - 3 = 3
(6)(6)(4) Gligar A takes 3 damage and faints!
(-)(-)(-)

Gligar B Flinched!

Meditite begins focusing, not breaking its defensive posture.

Meditite is storing energy! 1

Wham!  Another ram from Kee to try and knock a Gligar out of the sky!

Tackle
(6)(6)(5)(1)(1)(3)
(2) No damage!

While Gligar's distracted with Kee, Karen yells!

Disarming Voice
(5)(2)(1)(2)(5)
(4)(1)(2)
Gligar B takes 1 damage! 1/6 HP -3 Pain
Meditite takes 2 damage! 3/5 HP -1 Pain

Pyra follows up from afar!  These enemies are toast!

Ember
(5)(3)(3)(1)(4)(1)(1)
(4)(1) Gligar B takes 1 damage and faints!
(1)

Meditite then breaks its defensive posture, and attempts to retaliate!  It rushes up to Karen and then tries to punch her as hard as it can!  A shiny, metal badge that Karen's wearing shines as the attack connects, slightly reducing the possible damage of the attack.

Bide 2
(6)
1 Strength + 1 Pure Power + 2(2 Damage) - 2* Defense = 4 D6
(5)(1)(2)(5) Karen takes 2 damage! 2/4 HP -2 Pain

Poison: Daxter only has 2 Defense/Health, so he takes 1 damage.  3/5 HP -1 Pain

Round 2

Daxter's feeling nauseous, and Karen's feeling dizzy, but this battle is going fairly smoothly otherwise!
(04-18-2020, 05:20 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: [ -> ]

The fight was a chaotic mess. While Kogeki was going to attack, one of the nasty Gligar launch a poisonous sting against them. Kogeki imagine it was for him, but in fact it was aim toward his aquatic friend Daxter! Kogeki growl at his enemies, and in four legs he leaps forward toward. With the launch of Bubbles hitting both foes, and blinding them for a second, Kogeki leap forward and jump right at Gligar B, grabbing by his shoulders! While the bat was trying to free himself from Kogeki grab he glare at the bat. 

"You like to attack Pokemon dont you? Them feel retribution your bastards!" His fangs was energize with Dark-type energy, and he did a good bite right at Gligar B neck, putting extra effort in strengh to make the Gligar Flinch in his pain! 

Seeing his friend in problems, the other Gligar try to help, only to be fainted by Marcus strong Headbutt.

Gligar after that, free himself from Kogeki grasp, to dodge at the last moment of Kee Tackle, but did little to dodge Karen song perfomance and finally burn by Pyra Ember!

Kogeki took a moment to sigh in see both of his enemies be defeat, only to see Karen be almost fainted by Meditite and Daxter feel a little more hurt by the poison legacy of Gligar.

"Daxter! Karen!" Said Kogeki, showing genuine concern for his companions. Despite not remembering very much of his human side, he still worry for his new friends, even more with their oath they did together. And if Karen and Kogeki know each other from their human time...well, if those enemies hadnt had reasons to make the Delta Riolu pissed, now they ignite his anger.

He look at the Meditite with gelid blue eyes, filled with rage and anger. "You bastard! How dare you do that! You will pay dearly for that! I will drain you Aura until you are just a dry corpse!"

"RAARGH!" Said Kogeki wild launch at Meditite, now all his rage boiling within him. He prepare his fangs to bite hard that Meditite. He not gonna kill him or lethaly wound him, but he gonna give that Meditite a lesson he never gonna to forget!

Bite: Dex(2)+Fight(2)+Brawl(0)+Single Action(2)=6D6
Damage: Power(2)+STR(2)=4D6
Effect: D3 to Flinch.
Pyra's already demonically gleeful grin become more intense as both Gligars are swiftly grounded by the combined efforts of her friends and allies, though regretably not without one of them giving Dax one nasty sting, if the purpling of the wound and his suddenly quesy/sickened expression was anything she could go by. Oooooh, if she hadn't promised not to unnecessarily punish Pokemon (and didn't want to agitate/upset anyone anymore than she already had), she'd have had words with that venomous purple blighter! Well, at least they'd got their comeuppances to an extent, and the webbed lizard's Poisoning can quickly be treated after the Fight, so that the bright side of things, yay!

After that Meditite nearly OHKOed Karen with that punch of their's, the lil' demoness' glare to it turned downright incensed before she rushed over to provide Cover for the badly bruised fae, still smiling but now more unpleasantly than ever. That Fighter sorely testing her newfound restraint and self discipline, and she was tempted her act rather compassionately , but she resisted. She didn't need to cause anymore trouble and woe for herself, or more importantly for Karen and her friends, and she didn't think her nearly being Fainted constituted as a 'damn good reason' to exact revenge for the both of them for its impudence. That, and the last time she tried to do so the lil' empath didn't react the least bit favorably, so if she were to do any sort of harsh judgement and protection for her it'd probably be best done discretely.

Order: Since Pyra is absolutely dead least in all ways that matter in the Initiative , I'll have her spend a Full Action trying to provide Full Cover for Karen, as I don't think anyone wants to deal with a Fainted Pokemon in the middle of the dungeon, least of the the lass herself! That should be it, so let's hope the rest of the burly lads can stamp out that Medititie before it can do anymore harm!
Dax fought the nausea which was now trying its very best to knock him on his ass. He roared with defiance and launched another stream of foam at them. Hopefully, someone could give him a berry while he works on taking Meditite out.
Bubble
Accuracy: 2 Dex + 2 Fight + 0 Channel +2 Single Action - 1 Pain= 5d6
Damage: 2 Power + 2 Special + STAB= 5D6
Additional Effects: 1D6 for a chance to lower each hit opponent's Dex by 1