Pokemon Uranium

Full Version: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dax thanked Marcus for the hospitality, and walked into the room without further ado. He was exhausted. He put all of his things around his straw bed and laid down flat on his back. The others might feel the need to curl up to stay warm through the night but Dax welcomed the cold. He lay down, thinking about the strange memories of white fur and warmth, and desperately tried to remember more. Eventually, more flashes of memories flew through his mind. A canine Pokemon. He remembered what the Pokemon was to him. He was his partner! He tried to remember more about this Pokemon and where he could be, and he eventually started drifting off to sleep. The last thing he remembered thinking before sleep took over him was a name.

Buddy
Catch Up Post for Pyra, Post Boldore Boss Battle!

* Once the Fight with the living geodes is finished, Pyra's Insight will increase to 2 for 10 XP, as she has exactly enough to afford the boost from all the battles she went through today. Now a bit more wise and thoughtful, the lil' demoness will better understand the concepts/ideas/morays she has learnt today, have a better time understanding her teammates and other Pokemon, and just generally be just a bit brighter and aware of her actions and others!

*Her attitude towards the Boldore and its minions is one of guarded apathy and contempt. Unlike Kee she doesn't forgive their transgression at all, but after going through the couple of spats she had with her team/Marcus , learning what she did from them, and now gaining a better comprehesion on what was the matter in both events she better resists the urge to enact retribution on them. Too much trouble too quickly for her, as she does NOT want to totally alienate and garner her allies distrust in her, and the simple fact she does not want to disappoint or disturb them if she can avoid it. All that said, she can't help but give the rock collection a mean toothy grin and a 'banishing/begone!' gesture as the rest of the group turns away that promises no good if they dared waylay her friends again.

*Her reaction to Sahra Town is one of pure excitement and exburance, as seeing it answers many questions about civilization she had while also providing her with many more to sink her teeth into! She'd want to explore the place ASAP, but between Marcus and the rest of the group being bone tired from Dry Woods and all the trouble she got up to today, she uses her newly increased Insight to prudently decide not to split off from the group and just get some shut eye herself. Hey, even a mischevious imp like her can make a wise decision!

*Flygon's appearance and gruffness doesn't cow her at all, unsurprisingly (or not); in fact, she'd gush/chitter energetically to them about how cool, sleek, and ferociously noble they look, making a particularly sweet and flattering compliment about their ruby googled eyes. His threat of jailing her is meet with slight befuddlement from her (as she isn't aware of what it is, or that he's 'The Law/That Which Punishes Uncivilized Pokemon'), and in fact would politely asked if they could she visit it sometime herself later. Ever curious she is, and perhaps forever will be!

*Concerning Crafting Talk, she'd save hers for later (as she figures now is still not the time to bother Marcus too much), but she'd show him the Large Amount of Spider Web she obtained and nicely ask if he or someone else he knows could make some Rope or a piece of clothing out of it (Like a matching glove for her Fireproof one, or a Scarf/some sort of body clothing like Kogeki's Accessory) and a small brush stylus? Spider Silk is surprisingly durable material, so it should be able to make some good stuff/clothing besides being made into a Net of some sort!

* Upon seeing his home, Pyra would actually frown at the mess cluttering Marcus' place, as it bothered her for some reason (despite her not knowing why persay) but she doesn't mess with any of it or try to tidy up. She'd be too tired to do so, and she doesn't want to mess with their stuff without their permission (Especially after the grief she caused him). As for the sleeping arrangements, she'd be initially confused about why the boys and girls are sleeping apart, but she'd follow along with Karen at her urging. Yet another question for her to consider and ask Marcus and the others tomorrow, but that was not a bad thing. 

* Finally, at some point in the night after everyone/almost everyone has fallen asleep, Pyra would wake up and do quick and hopefully quiet checkup on everyone to make sure they're fine, before she'd exit the house briefly to do some star gazing and end up drifting to sleep outside and by the doorway, leaned up against the wall with a small frown and arms crossed her chest. Tis is the strength of her desire to ensure everyone was safe and sound, and to see what night time was in the Pokemon World. 

.....And that should be it! Pyra will be ready for the next day anytime, mates!
I almost forgot. I using 6 XP to increase 1 Point in Brawl. He get better in use his Physical moves.
Don't forget to increase Pyra's Level by 2 again!

Flygon flies off before anyone can ask him any questions, unfortunately, so Pyra's just gonna have to wonder about what the sheriff meant for the time being.

----------------------------------------------------

"Spider webbing, huh?  I could probably make a scarf out of that.  A scarf by itself isn't much good, though.  It needs something else to make it work, some kind of catalyst to give it a unique effect.  I could try mixing it with the Boldore Crystal, maybe?  Not sure what that might do exactly, but that's part of the fun of this job!  I could also mix it with a berry of some kind, to try and give it an effect related to what the berry does.  No guarantees it'll work, though.  Rarer materials that can't be easily obtained are more likely to have a significant effect.  Think about what you want to try mixing with that silk, then let me know.  I won't be able to work on it tonight, of course.  I'll have more time once I've shown you guys around the place."

---------------------------------------------------

Marcus chuckles again when Kee asks about how to write.  "Ah, eager to fit in now, are we?  Don't worry, writing's easy.  Watch this."

Marcus digs through a pile of stuff on his workbench and pulls a piece of paper out, along with a bowl filled with what appears to be berry juice.  He takes his hand and dips it in the bowl.  He then presses it on the paper, leaving a hand print, then starts drawing other shapes, generally in the shapes of footprints.  Despite never having seen this writing before as well (well, maybe Kee glanced over some when looking at Sahra Town's shops), he's able to perfectly read what Marcus has written.  It says:

This is how you write using footprint runes.

Marcus hands Kee a blank piece of paper and the berry juice.  "Try it out yourself.  It should come naturally.  Even if our footprints and cries are all different, it's generally easy for pokemon to understand what we're trying to say to them."

-----------------------------------------------------

Kogeki spends a little time practicing his battle maneuvers before resting, but eventually, he falls asleep by the window.  Marcus is asleep at his workbench  As they snooze, Pyra walks by him on her way out the door.

As Pyra sits there in the darkness, the flame between her horns illuminating the surrounding area, she looks up at the sky.

Countless stars illuminate the nighttime scenery, the bright moon hanging high in the sky.  It's a cloudless night, and it's breathtaking.

The huge tree in the distance is also notable.  There's a faint, vibrant glow outlining it, one that just highlights how lively it looks.  Even at such a large distance, it's easy to tell there's more to that tree than meets the eye.

Sahra Town itself is dark.  There doesn't appear to be any activity in it at this hour whenever Pyra glances in the direction of the rest of the settlement, and no lights illuminate it besides the light of the stars and moon.  (For some context, Marcus's place is a little distance away from the town proper, and overlooks it).

Pyra eventually dozes off by the door, all the beautiful scenery etched into her memory...
It is now Day 2.  Everyone gets 1 experience and 1 Will Point at the start of each new day.

Everyone meets in Marcus's workshop in the morning.  Karen's yawning, still a little tired, but definitely seems full of energy.

Marcus was awake when everyone arrived.  He must have gotten up early, and he seems excited, too!

[attachment=1053]

"Alright, everyone ready to go on an adventure around town?"
(04-25-2020, 02:38 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: [ -> ]

Kogeki also wake up early. When he wake up, he do some training (not training sessions). He train a bit his punches and also did some push ups to be in the heat of the morning, read for any danger and battle they might find. If Kee and Daxter could wake up, they could see a Riolu training with swings with his Kunai like a real sword. Since the Kunai still pretty heavy but right is Kogeki only weapon, he need to get used to the weight of the Kunai, to be easier to swing and cut in battle. "Kee. Daxter. Good morning." Said Kogeki taking a break of his training. "Daxter, can you use some Bubbles on me? Not for attack, just to not visit the town with smell of sweat of training."

With the quick bath of Daxter (or not) Kogeki meet everyone in the workshop. He give a salute nod to everyone including Marcus. "Dont know the others, but I am. We still need to sell a few things in town like the Big Apple we found. I hope we can get some coins from it. And of course sell our Big Nuggets."
Quote:

Ziggy-Kee returns Marcus' chuckling in a semi-embarrased way, then timidly (yet rather determined innerly) nods about the eager-to-fit-in-now aspect. He watches the craftsmon's doing with awe and attention, but even more it impresses him that he can PERFECTLY READ(!!!) what he 'wrote'! That, and that berry juice functions as ink, Kee's tempted to take a sip of it when none's looking.

He accepts paper and berry-ink with lotsa gratitude. "Thank ya Marcus, thank yaaaaa!~ ☆(^0^) I, eh, tot'lly gonna try it out mahself now!" And off Kee is again into the guy's guestroom, he's spending some time before rest learning how to write footprint runes himself. He feels that he's getting the hang of it quite fast - the basics are easy, but he'll need some more time and practice to hone this new skill.

For sleep he's shuffling some items out of his guitarbag to curl up into a black and white furball within it. So cozy, aww~ And he's really enjoying the familiar scent of it.

+++++++

Now onwards to the next day!~ When Kee wakes up, stretches himself and spends a few minutes cleaning and grooming his fine fur (contrary to Kogeki Kee prefers calm and quiet activities in the mornings), he's 100% certain that this whole 'I have been turned into a Pokemon!' is not a very real dream nor an acid trip but nothing but the truth and reality. Somehow, he can't help but to contently smile over this fact.

He's yaaaaaawning a toothy yawn as he trots into Marcus' workshop, but he seems all eager and hyped. "G'mornin', people, ladies...~ Huh what, 'dventure'round town? Oh yes, YEAH I AM, pwease show us 'round!" He'll be dragging his guitarbag full of Items along to this tour as he hopes there'll be a way to store the Items inside somehow/somewhere. And he's hungry. "Marcuuuuus, can I first 'f all buy breakfast in town? (>o<)"
(04-25-2020, 02:38 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: [ -> ]It is now Day 2.  Everyone gets 1 experience and 1 Will Point at the start of each new day.

Everyone meets in Marcus's workshop in the morning.  Karen's yawning, still a little tired, but definitely seems full of energy.

Marcus was awake when everyone arrived.  He must have gotten up early, and he seems excited, too!

"Alright, everyone ready to go on an adventure around town?"

*Small Flashback!*

When asked about what kind of 'catalyst' to work witin/into the Spider Silk, she's initially a little confused as to what that is or means, but she's able to derive the word's meanings somewhat from the armored craftsmon entire speal. So a 'catalyst' is a material or device of some kind that gives additional effects to another material? And the rarer, more exotic, unique, powerful, and valuable, the better and/or more potent effect the catayslt will have? Hmm....

So with that in mind, Pyra almost immediately proposes to Items to use as a Catalyst after thinking on it for a couple of moments: Her Big Nugget and/or her own blood/pieces of her body (Like Claw/Horn shavings). Given how rare gold is and the fact it 'appeared' with them and everyone else in the caves it must be special and valuable enough to be a suitable Catalyst, and if Boldore parts are viable for the use in his Accessory making, would pieces and parts of herself not also suffice too?

As for her star gazing.....well, I suppose after seeing its natural splendor, she wouldn't be able to help herself making a wish to them and the heavens beyond, before falling asleep:

"Oh stars, oh heavens above and beyond, hear this demon's plea. Protect my friends and ensure their safety, and lead them all to victory. Against that which is most black and repulsive....and challenge and adversity, those which plague the lives of many and all. Please, hear my plea....."

*The Next Morning!*

A full night's sleep means that Pyra's also fully pepped up, back to her old energetic and full-of-zeal self soon after awakening and greeting the morning sun with a cheerful wave.

"Hello, daystar above! May you shine gloriously on all of us!"

She'd then re-enter Marcus's house, probably earning her a curious look from the Pokeman and waits for everyone else to get up and join them. During that time she'd resist the urge to natter and question the bone-clad warrior endlessly about his work, the town, and other stuff, partially because even she understand it was too early in the morn to be doing that, and partially because she expected him to offer some answers himself on the topic eventually like yesterday. ( If Pyra's proposed Catalysts for her Spider Silk Scarf would fit better to be shared with Marcus at this time before everyone else work up, though, then you can Move that event to happening here and 'now' , Dragonstrike )

Promptly enough, once everyone was together he indeed did offer to share his Knowledge in part by taking them all on a tour, which the playful fiendess couldn't agree fast enough too!

"Yes, yes, YES! Take me and we to explore your home civillization! Desire to see this 'jail' Flygon fortold and forewarned, yes, and the greet big tree and oceans you alluded to, too!"
Dax woke up to the heat of the morning sun of a new day. He felt revitalised. He had a hunch though. He took out his Collar and stared at the writing on it. He couldn't read what it said, but he was pretty sure he knew. Buddy. Buddy was his partner before he got turned into a Pokemon. He needed to find him. Buddy was his best friend. He needed to remember more, so that he could make his way to where Buddy is. Dax didn't mind being a Pokemon, but he wanted to share it with his friend. He decided to walk out of the room to greet Marcus.

"Morning Marcus. Let's get going. I wanna check the rest of this place out. And maybe go for a swim so I can get some Charmander food. And maybe check out the stores to see if there's anything I need to buy. Ready when you are mate."

Dax uses 20 of the experience points he gained in the past day to increase his Special from 2 to 3, which pushes his level up by 2.

AN: He speaks with a british accent, I decided. It's a nice characteristic, I think.
Note for : Daxter's level increases by 3, not 2.  The Level increase is equivalent to the new value of the Attribute/Skill.

---------------------------------

Marcus thinks about Pyra's suggestions for catalysts, then shakes his head.  "...not sure I'm skilled enough to make anything with those kinds of materials, honestly.  Well, I could MAYBE make something with stuff you yourself have dropped, but it has to be a significant quantity of material, or a rather large piece of yourself, like with the Boldore Crystals.  Please don't hurt yourself out of curiosity, though.  I prefer working with materials that have been dropped naturally."

---------------------------------

"Alright, if everyone's ready, let's go!"

Marcus leads the way out the front door, and it isn't long before the group reaches their first stop on the tour unexpectedly.

Everyone hears a *clunk* come from the direction of the mailbox, and they see a Pelipper perched atop it.  Marcus waves at them happily.

[Image: small.title_01.png.8fd138ac33c9f26c60f27eae68c31a01.png]

The Mailmon: Top Menu - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX

"Morning, Pelipper!"

"Morning, Marcus!  I see you've got friends over!"

"Yup, found them lost in the Dry Forest yesterday!  Showing them around town!  Everyone, this is Pelipper, one of the mailmons from the Pelipper Post Office!  It's his job to deliver the mail every morning!"

Pelipper happily grins at the group.  "Pleasure to meet you all!  Mind if I ask for your names so I know who I'll be delivering mail to in the near future?"