Pokemon Uranium

Full Version: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"Nice to meet you pal. I'll come to you whenever I need some moves."
"How you doing mate? I haven't seen many water types around here. Tell me. You ever been to the bottom of the sea?"
"Sure thing Marcus. Thanks for all the help. I'll check out the Gastrodon place. But first. This guild. What's so great about these guys? Does the sand turn to gold when they step on it?" Dax said, following Kee and Kogeki to the door.
Lapras chuckles when Daxter asks his question.  "No, I'm afraid I'm not much of a deep sea diver.  I've taken some very special passengers to places that come close to it, though.  Maybe you'll get to to visit one of them one day, when you're strong enough to face the dangers within those Mystery Dungeons."

-----------------------------------------------

As for Daxter's rhetorical question, Marcus just sighs in response.  "...I'll leave the talking to the Guildmaster if you can manage to get an audience with them.  I'll be at my workshop if you guys need me for something.  Later!"

------------------------------------------------

Ascending the stairs to the upper level of Sahra Town brings the group to a small building with a door.  Opening the door, they find a staircase that leads down, down, down...the temperature drops considerably as they descend, and lit torches light the spiral staircase.  It takes the group who knows how far underground before they reach another door.

And then Kogeki makes his entrance.

*WHAM!*

The Adventurer's Guild: Guild Hall 3 - Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

Kogeki kicking down the door to the guild is met with quite a few questioning looks and lots of head turns as several groups of pokemon look to see who would dare to boldly stroll into the guild in such a loud manner.

*rolls*

...and once they see that it's just a bunch of young pokemon that clearly don't know very many moves, they go back to whatever they were doing previously.  Everyone can see a few tunnels leading to different parts of the underground facility.

An Arcanine, a Lurantis, and a Barbaracle are looking at a notice board with a bunch of different pieces of paper pinned onto it, many of them decorated with pictures of various pokemon and items.

A Pignite wearing an apron walks past the group, a stack of plates held in both hands.  The tunnel it walks down has countless aromatic scents wafting from it.

A Braixen walks out of one tunnel, mumbling to themselves.  Then they shake their head, nod in resolve, and walk down another tunnel.

A Heliolisk is carefully examining all the torches hung on the walls of the guild, making sure they're all still lit.  If one needs replacing, they swap it out for a fresh torch and light it using the flame of the old torch.

Another tunnel doesn't have anyone walking in or out of it, but it distinctly smells like the ocean.

And on top of a counter right next to the door everyone walked in is a tiny little Floette holding a blue flower, and a very cheery one at that.  She looked rather bored for a moment, but perks up considerable as soon as Kee and Kogeki mention they're interested in joining.

"Oh hi there!  Welcome to the Adventurer's Guild!  You want to join?  Well, we'd be happy to have you!  There's always room for more adventure in this world!  That's our slogan!  But...well, I'm gonna have to talk to the guildmaster about that first.  Can't sign you up with the organization unless she thinks you can handle yourself.  Adventuring is dangerous business, ya know?"

"Oh, I haven't introduced myself yet, have I?  Hi, I'm Floette!  Nice to meet you all!"

Karen shies away from the Arcanine, trying to make herself as small as possible, but she smiles and holds out a hand when Floette introduces herself.  "Hi, I'm Karen!"

"Well hello there, Karen!"  Floette grasps Karen's hand with her own tiny one and vigorously shakes it.  "And the rest of you are...?"
*Small and Brief Flashbacks to Scenes of Recent Past!*

As Hawlucha does his macho pose, Pyra’s so moved by it and the lucha bird’s sheer energy and determination she can’t help but do a twirl before suddenly stopping to stretch out both her claws towards them and the sky!
“Verily and Indeed, what a wonderful dream! Claw and grasp with all your might with keen eye’s gleam, yes, and you shall be a wise and proficient teacher supreme!”

Gooooooo Hawlucha!

- With Lapras

“Salty salutations and wet welcomes, Lapras, Wayfarer and Lady of the Oceans Colorful! My name’s Pyra, yes, Demoness of the Infernal, Flames, and Darkness! Good it is to meet with a nice lady like you, that is most true!”

The lil’ demoness remains silent but acutely attentive as gentle seeming sea turtle explained her role and that of the ‘Tree of Life’ , both of which got her eyes sparkling with interest. She knew on some level that the world she found herself in was a big place, but having it laid out so by Lapras enticed her all the more to see it for herself on her quest! Talk about the ‘Tree of Life’ itself was equally fascinating, if for different reasons – the concept of Evolving was a strange but pleasing notion to her, but she felt it’d be a while yet before she felt that she was ready and whole heartdly willing for such a radical self-transformation.

Before everyone left the pier, though, Pyra had one last things she wanted to do: she wanted to go to the shallowest portion of it (or a portion where somePokemon of her size could stand up to their waste in the water) and try to take a quick dip into the sea. She was rather curious how natural Water would feel to herself, and if she didn’t like it the experience itself would prepare her for the various Water Moves future Pokemon unseen would try to hose her out with!

*Flashbacks End!*

- With the Adventurer’s Guild

By this point, it’s abudently clear even to her that Marcus had issues with the A.G. , which combined with her own distinct non-interest in it over other topics lead her to conclude it was not all that cracked up to be as it first seemed. Perhaps that was something she could ask about later, once they were more comfortable with her and had fully forgiven them for the ‘error’ she made yesterday….

Because of this, If it were possible she’d avoid it (The A.G.) for the time being in favor of doing other more useful stuff (in her opinion) for the group, like getting started setting up their future home in Sahra. When the bone-clad mammalizard revealed the place she could inquire about that (Gastrodon’s Shop) was within it, though, she just ended up shrugging her shoulders and quietly following along with the group to the great facility. Well, if they was only one route to her goal, she had no choice but to take it.

Upon entering, she barely pays any attention to the Pokemon and sites operating /using the Guild’s front door room, noting them down and their activities for future introspection and study. Once Floette takes it upon themselves to chat up the group, the brimstone imp stayed silent until they officially starts introduction, where upon she cheerfully but shortly – almost curtly, where it not for her clear ‘devil may care’ attitude – returned them and got to the point of why she was there.

“Pyra! Where’s Gastrodon’s Shop? Want to ask them all about building a home in Sahra, yes, and not interested in joining Guild right now, oh no, so would you please point their location to me?”
(05-07-2020, 07:52 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: [ -> ]Before everyone left the pier, though, Pyra had one last things she wanted to do: she wanted to go to the shallowest portion of it (or a portion where somePokemon of her size could stand up to their waste in the water) and try to take a quick dip into the sea. She was rather curious how natural Water would feel to herself, and if she didn’t like it the experience itself would prepare her for the various Water Moves future Pokemon unseen would try to hose her out with!

Pyra doesn't even get waist deep.  As soon as one of her feet becomes submerged in the cool waters of the ocean, she feels a painful, burning sensation suddenly shoot up her leg!  She instinctively yanks her foot out of and away from the water immediately, and has to sit down because she can barely feel her leg.  Clearly, she's not a creature that's comfortable with swimming under normal circumstances.

Marcus tsks and walks over to her when he notices, then kneels down in front of her.  "Well, I see you've acquainted yourself with Water.  Not pleasant when you're a Fire type, is it?  Might want to curb your curiosity just a tad before you hurt yourself.  I know you're still learning about this world and all, but try to have at least a little common sense if ya can, alright?  I can't babysit you."
Kogeki bow in respect toward Floette. "Heya. The name Kogeki. Kogeki the Riolu. And the best ninja you might find here in this town." Said Kogeki and then he look to the door he kick. "...Except when relate to doors. I sometimes like to make a good first impression." Said the delta anubis crossing his arms.
(05-07-2020, 08:07 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-07-2020, 07:52 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: [ -> ]Before everyone left the pier, though, Pyra had one last things she wanted to do: she wanted to go to the shallowest portion of it (or a portion where somePokemon of her size could stand up to their waste in the water) and try to take a quick dip into the sea. She was rather curious how natural Water would feel to herself, and if she didn’t like it the experience itself would prepare her for the various Water Moves future Pokemon unseen would try to hose her out with!

Pyra doesn't even get waist deep.  As soon as one of her feet becomes submerged in the cool waters of the ocean, she feels a painful, burning sensation suddenly shoot up her leg!  She instinctively yanks her foot out of and away from the water immediately, and has to sit down because she can barely feel her leg.  Clearly, she's not a creature that's comfortable with swimming under normal circumstances.

Marcus tsks and walks over to her when he notices, then kneels down in front of her.  "Well, I see you've acquainted yourself with Water.  Not pleasant when you're a Fire type, is it?  Might want to curb your curiosity just a tad before you hurt yourself.  I know you're still learning about this world and all, but try to have at least a little common sense if ya can, alright?  I can't babysit you."

Contrary to what most would expect, the playful demoness didn't vocally react all too much besides a startled "Oh!" and her literal knee jerk reaction, looking slightly in pain from her aquatic experimentation but for the most part appearing intrigued and thoughtful about what she felt. So sea water was like what her Flames and other Fire felt to most other Pokemon, huh? How ironically fascinating! She'll have to be more mindful about her Fire aspect to those around her in that case - or at least to the ones she can deign to care about.

Despite her instinctual discomfort with the ocean, though, bathing in it was not entirely an terrible experience, or even necessarily unpleasant. Call her a bit eccentric (for that's what she is, and then some), but the Water's 'numbing burn' effect was a sort of intellectual and sensational fun experience to her in a controlled manner, as was becoming more intimately familar with her Element and its Weaknesses. Now she wonders what difference in feel that fresh water and/or the water's temperature has for her, and how she'd feel when she gets 'in touch' with her other innate Weakness, Resistances, and Immunity. Heck, she's curious why the Ground and Rocky terrain beneath her feet doesn't cause her some sort of discomfort or unease, now that she's thinking about it. Maybe she's just acclimated to it, because she's constantly exposed to those forms of the Elements? If that's the case, could she become the same way with natural Water, through repeated exposure or possibly an Item? Hmm......

Before she could really get into brainstorming a potential 'program' to get herself more comfotable with being wet, Marcus' chidding intervention prompts her to turn to him, her thoughtful curiosity now direct towards him now.

"Indeed I have, yes, and Water's cool embrace was most scouring tingling, absolutely. But....not all bad, no? *Shrugs* To me at least? *Tilts head* Much learnt from small dip in ocean salty blue, sensations it gave not very good, but......uniquely curious and eventful in not bad way? Hard to explain, um, not sure if I have right words to give you to share idea-concept well and well.

"*Nods* Still, yes, should be more careful, cautious, calculating with self discoveries and discovering personal quandries, verily, least similarities end in excessive tragedy or undesired events. Will try better for now on to do so, Marcus, okay? *Blinks* Oh, and what is this 'common sense' and 'babysit' you describe? Both sound like concepts most interesting and important, yes!"

...Well, she's making progress, at least, no matter how painstaking it is.
The further down the staircase they go, the more Kee enjoys how nicely chill in contrary to outside it becomes, and the further his heartbeat accelerates in eager and wishful anticipitation. Oh, and there's no wind blowing sand and dust into his fine black-white fur, another plus!

A certain Ziggy right next to Kogeki gives him another piercing and sharp glance with his deep-red eyes, obviously conveying a scolding 'TOLD YA!!'. He also can't help but to facepalm over Kogeki's understanding of a 'good first impression' - yet Kee doesn't flinch ot shy away from the weird looks of the other Pokemon around, but he clearly distances himself from anything that happened to the door.

Upon noticing that dear Karen semi-tries to hide from that Arcanine, Kee can't help to perk up and take a rather protective stance. He doesn't believe that they are posing a threat, not at all - but his instincs cause him to react like this regardless.

Now towards the Floette Kee's going completely charming and softly, totally not to be on his best behaviour! "Well hewo there, beautiful flowerfairy Floette!~ Pleas'd t'meet ya, I'm Kee with a double E, bein' a Zigzagoon of tha old n' original sort." He bows gracefully to her. "Glad ya're acceptin' new trainees n' future adventures, no worries 'bout havin' to speak with the Guildmaster herself 't first! If possibl', is there a chance I may introduce mashelf personally to her 'n voice my intentions and goals? Yes OF COURSE these Mystery Dungeon are dangeous places, we've been to Dry Forest just yesterday, though I'm all willin' to train on my own b'fore bein' accepted as a new guildmember shall she not believe I can handle mahself. Or take any test she may put me through."
Dax watched as Karen avoided the enormous orange Pokemon before he realised something. Buddy looked just like that! A few key differences, but the likeness couldn't be ignored!

"Easy there, love." he whispered to the small Ralts. "I don't think he's gonna bite. He looks big, and he can probably use us as chew toys but these guys don't seem the type to pick on smaller Pokemon."

Then he turned to the Floette. He decided to play it friendly, and addressed her.

"Hey there. We came to check this place out. Kee's been excited about it out ever since we heard about the Guild. I've got a couple of questions. First off, have you seen a Pokemon kinda like that massive red-orange dog around here anywhere? He's smaller, light blue coloured and his breath kinda mists when he breathes? Goes by Buddy? And second of all, is it possible to meet the grandmaster? I'm pretty sure we can handle whatever you throw at us. We fought off a Boldore and his crew in the Dry Forest yesterday, if it means anything to you. That Flygon fella thought it was interesting."
(05-08-2020, 09:01 AM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: [ -> ]

Kogeki look at Kee piercing gaze. "What? Never heard the expression about "Start day with the right feet"? I just trying to walk the first right feet upon entering." Kogeki make a serious expression and then thinks. "Although...I don't know if it was "right" feet or "left" feet. Let me fix that the next time we come here again." He then return the eyes to Floette. "So, how can we enter the guild?"
Floette shakes her head when Daxter asks about Buddy.  "No, can't say I've seen anyone like that.  Think I'd remember them, though, so I'll let you know if I do see them!  Oh, and yes, if you've been been adventuring in a Mystery Dungeon already, that's definitely a point in your favor if you want to join the Guild!  I'll see if I can confirm that with the sheriff later!"  Floette makes a note of that on a piece of paper on her counter, using the tip of her flower's stem to write after dipping it in some berry juice.

Then she giggles at Kogeki's uncertain quote.  "I don't think that phrase means what you think it means.  Hahahahaha.  Let me go see if the Guildmaster is busy right now.  If she has some time, then you'll be able to meet with her right now!  Oh, but before I forget..."

Floette floats over to the tunnel that smalls a bit like the ocean and points down it.  "...if you're looking for the Gastrodon Shop, it's down this tunnel.  Careful, it's right next to the water!  All right, I'll be right back, so wait right here!"

Floette eagerly floats down the tunnel that the Braixen walked into earlier on an unseen air current.

Karen, meanwhile, has been inching closer and closer to Pyra, trying to stay out of Arcanine's line of sight even though they're not paying any attention to her at all.  "...I'm...uh...sure they're n-nice and all, b-but...is it okay if I go to the G-Gastrodon Shop w-with you, P-Pyra?"

So, what's everyone do in the meantime while they wait for Floette to return?  Some notable features:
- There's several tunnels that lead out of the lobby and to other parts of the facility 
  > two of them smell like food (Pignite came out of one and went into the other when they walked past)
  > one smells like the ocean, and is where the Gastrodon Shop is 
  > the one that Floette went in has a large metal torch above the entrance
  > one of them sounds like there's a group of pokemon somewhere in it
  > one is completely silent and rather dark 
- the large notice board that the three striped pokemon are standing at 
- Floette's counter
- some benches and cushions that look like they were placed there for pokemon waiting in the lobby