Pokemon Uranium

Full Version: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11-11-2020, 09:58 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: [ -> ]

Since Kogeki already clued her in on their meeting with Delphox she only gave a swift nod back to Karen's own explanation. Her concern though was meet with a simple yet joyful smile, as she was just happy that the lil fairy was geniune worried about her insignificant self. Before she could say anything back, however, their sudden interjection caught them off guard, prompting a quizical look at them and then their surroundings before returning it back to the mini madam.

".....No and nay? What is it your ears percieve, Kind Karen?"

(I have a quick question, Dragonstrike: is Kogeki with Kee/Karen/Pyra ? Because I recall you saying they meet out in the town, not at the guild. Dax's invitation scene works because it doesn't specifiy a time when it happened, nor Pyra's own response to it.)
(11-11-2020, 09:58 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: [ -> ]

There's a lot of hmmmmms and uhmmmmms from Ziggy Kee when Karen voices what on her smol big mind, he turns his head from one side to the other as he ponders about the psychic fae's words.

...And eventually he raises a paw and gently pats Karen by one shoulder and puts on a reassuring and calming smile (and his singsang voice reappears) "My, Karen-dear, worrying so much doesn't look good on ya... Dontcha speak 'bout the devil or said devil's going t'show up. (^v^; ) *cough* Look, Flygon's 'round, so whoever may be foolish 'nough to rob people in tha BROAD DAYLIGHT!! will meet their draconic wrath. That, and we should ALWAYS! be careful, shouldn't we?~ Not just after tha Guildmaster told us." He holds a smile as it nicely overplays his sense of an omen: Does Delphox - may peace and glory come to the noble Guildmaster - knows about them being more than regular Pokemon?? (Being a Ralts, Karen may likely pick up on that feeling of Kee.)

Before he can ponder more however, Karen's semi-paranoid question causes Kee to jump, lower his body and LEEEEEER (the move) into the surrounding. He's clearly on alert and ready to fight back if necessary! "Nope, must have slipped mah mind!~ What 'xactly was that 'something' ya heard, dear?"
Pyra and Kee saying they didn't hear anything seems to confuse Karen.  "...neither of you heard anything?  I thought I heard someone say 'over here' just now..."
(11-13-2020, 03:41 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: [ -> ]Pyra and Kee saying they didn't hear anything seems to confuse Karen.  "...neither of you heard anything?  I thought I heard someone say 'over here' just now..."

The lil' demoness only grew more confused when Kee reveled that he too heard not a peep or whisper from anyone but themselves, but not for a second did she begin to doubt her fae friend. She had absolute faith and trust in everyone she truly cared about, so for what reason could their be for them to hear that but not them.....?

It took her a couple of seconds, but she eventually got a inkling of how things turned out.

".....Hmm......perhaps it is only a message you can receive and perceive? Many ways are their to communicate, share ideas and information with one another, so they could be using one such to attract your attention soley-discretely? Hmm.....or mayhaps me and my dear Kee simply can't get this unknown beings message? We are beings of Dark, so our nature could preclude ourselves from some mystical or mental means of conversing, if they are being employed."

She shook her head as she finished, giving Karen and Kee a small yet somehow serious smile.

"Whatever it may be happening, however a occurrence be set about, I suggest and recommend we ignore it and return to the Guild. Trouble and treachery is afoot in Sarha, yes, and I would prefer we reunite with out friends to guard against that foul twosome. If someone is attempting to contact us and entice a meeting, they can seek us out later themselves at the Guild or await a time they can directly speak with us. Well?"
Karen tries to listen carefully for whatever it is she heard again, but shakes her head when she doesn't hear anything.  "...maybe I was just imagining things.  We should go back to the Guild for now, yeah."

-------------------

The trio makes their way back to the guild to meet with the rest of the team, and nothing further occurs on the way there.  Karen seems to be on board with joining Daxter's training session as well.  "If you'd like me to tag along, I'd be more than happy to do so.  That would make 6 of us if Lumia and Klink are going to be joining the training, though...if only 5 of us can enter, then 2 of us would have to stay behind.  Unless we want to split up and take on multiple mazes in groups of 3 or 4?  I could also stay behind with Kogeki if you want.  What do you guys think?"
(11-13-2020, 06:04 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: [ -> ]Karen tries to listen carefully for whatever it is she heard again, but shakes her head when she doesn't hear anything.  "...maybe I was just imagining things.  We should go back to the Guild for now, yeah."

-------------------

The trio makes their way back to the guild to meet with the rest of the team, and nothing further occurs on the way there.  Karen seems to be on board with joining Daxter's training session as well.  "If you'd like me to tag along, I'd be more than happy to do so.  That would make 6 of us if Lumia and Klink are going to be joining the training, though...if only 5 of us can enter, then 2 of us would have to stay behind.  Unless we want to split up and take on multiple mazes in groups of 3 or 4?  I could also stay behind with Kogeki if you want.  What do you guys think?"

With Karen's assent Pyra's smile turns warmer and relieved, and with a nod they all went, the brimstone imp now keeping a closer eye on her surroundings. 

(...)

The she demon's preference on Team composition was not immediate, a vacant yet thoughtful look crossing her feature with a frown. She didn't like the idea of splitting her friends up into two mini-groups for obvious reasons, but their was also the fact that she just didn't plain trust the new recruits as either allies or in their Fighting prowess. They were almost complete unknowns that the group had resoundedly beaten into the ground. Why have any ounce of faith or care in them? Why bother with them all, beyond using them to complete Jobs or other tasks the group doesn't want to dirty their hands/claws with?

Still....they COULD be of use despite their inadequacy and nebulousness if they were watched carefully and finely honed into Loyal, capable followers, and she could admit that the more bodies to throw at The Darkness the better. Question was, who would be responsible for them and their growth?

A moment later, the answer came to her. One she didn't.....well, savor all too much, but one that would work out for the best. After all....

".....I suggest that I lead our newest allies my friends, yes. Believe I can do the bet in safeguarding them while they wet their teeth on their first adventure, give them the support they need to start becoming good and great. If anyone wishes to join me shepherding and guiding them that is fine and well with me."

....If you wanted the best results, you had to do it yourself.

Pyra gives everyone a calm and steady look, her expression distinctly at odds with her cheery gregariousness.

"Is that acceptable?"
Ah, Ziggy Kee would actually be interested in checking out that ominous 'over here'. He's very aware that it may mean trouble and problems and therefor would be better ignored, but his iMmENsE nATuAal CUriOSiTy!!1 makes him want to face these potential problems anyway. The chance that this timid hint of coming over resulting in interesting new knowledge and similar is just as great as the chance that it sends them straight ahead into trouble!

However at the same time he's very hyped to get back to the Guild, and he somehow, well...doesn't want to completely ignore dear Pyra's pont of view. And so he shrugs, nods to the fierly demon and proceeds to head back to the Guild. But not before Kee stops and eagerly sniffs the nearby ground and the air this 'over here' came from to see whether he picks up something unusual/out-of-place and respond a quiet "I'm sorry, please try again when I'm alone!" to whoever tried to lure them here.

++Back at the Guild ++

To the furry crittercoon of a raver it doesn't really matter whether/how they split up for the Training Mazes. He's curious to work together with the two new Mon in their ranks (Lumia and Klink), but he doesn't have to if it turns out more convenient for him to join another group if splitting up.

(Metawise this means that I don't have a preference whether to nor how to split up and will wait on to see their opinion. The only thing I don'twant for Kee is to visit a Fighting- or Fairy-type'd Maze for semi-obvious reasons.)
(11-14-2020, 02:09 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, Ziggy Kee would actually be interested in checking out that ominous 'over here'. He's very aware that it may mean trouble and problems and therefor would be better ignored, but his iMmENsE nATuAal CUriOSiTy!!1 makes him want to face these potential problems anyway. The chance that this timid hint of coming over resulting in interesting new knowledge and similar is just as great as the chance that it sends them straight ahead into trouble!

However at the same time he's very hyped to get back to the Guild, and he somehow, well...doesn't want to completely ignore dear Pyra's pont of view. And so he shrugs, nods to the fierly demon and proceeds to head back to the Guild. But not before Kee stops and eagerly sniffs the nearby ground and the air this 'over here' came from to see whether he picks up something unusual/out-of-place and respond a quiet "I'm sorry, please try again when I'm alone!" to whoever tried to lure them here.

*rolls*

Kee's attempts to determine where the source of the sound Karen heard don't seem to lead anywhere, and Karen's lack of directions when it comes to where exactly she heard it come from doesn't help any.  As far as Kee can tell, there's nobody else in the main plaza of Sahra Town besides the shopkeeps.

Kee's whispered words also don't seem to generate a response, either.
Dax frowns when he hears Pyra's suggestion. He would have preferred to lead them himself, but there was no need to antagonise a friend. Perhaps there was a way to compromise?

"Oh uh, sorry love. I was gonna lead them myself. But maybe we can work something out? There are six of us (You, me, Kee, Karen if she'd like to come too, the Litwick and the Klink), so I don't think we can all go for one maze. That's alright though, we can work something out. Why don't we split into two groups of three, with you leading one group with one of the recruits, and I can lead one group with another one of the recruits? Would that be fair to you? Then we'd all get something out of it. I haven't actually gotten a chance at the reins yet, so I'd like to give it a shot. If you'd like, you can pick which ones you'd like in your group? I don't mind who I take at all!"
(11-15-2020, 08:17 PM)no one Wrote: [ -> ]

The lil' demoness gave the aquatic drake a contemplative look at his counter proposal, her smile diminished as she thought it over carefully. Preferably she would be the only one responsible for the new recruits, as it'd minimize the potential trouble they could cause for her beloved friends as she broke them in, but she also could see that Dax greatly valued the chance to 'get to know' them as well and the chance to get practice at being a Leader. Yet again this was another case of 'conflicting perspectives' , though this one was less confusing/mystifying and more of a mild frustration born out of internal conflict and worry. Mrrrgggm......

After a half a minute's thought, Pyra eventually gave a slow nod to the amphibious reptile, appearing less chipper but at peace with her decision.

"Very well and yes, Sea Drake Dax. That is acceptable and fair, I do believe and perceive. My choice for my group would be Karen and the Litwick, my dear fellow female friend and that candle spirit. *Looks over to Karen with a warm smile* Have not spent as much time and care with you, I think, as I have with the others, and a exercise excursion like this should remedy that nicely, yes. *Looks back to Dax* For Litwick, as a Fire type myself and Dark being I would be most suited in teaching-handling them, fanning the flames of duty and excellence in them while ready to bank and smolder them if they spark out of control. 

"*Looks at everyone* Is that fine and okay, my friend most dear?"