Pokemon Uranium

Full Version: Something different, perhaps?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Wel, Dragon notified me that SR is approaching a conclusion (I promise, I will finish reading it someday soon ™️), and that got me thinking. All of the major roleplaying campaigns here have been Pokemon related. How many of you would be interested if the next one was not Pokemon related? Iron has expressed some interest in playing a character rather than a GM, so perhaps this could be an opportunity(?)

I've been cooking a fantasy world idea in my head for several years now (perhaps seven or eight at the very least), and I've finally started putting pen to paper (so to speak). I've got a setting, and I can very easily think of a general plotline. If you're interested, I'll be attaching a map of the main planet that I made. It's a flat world with fifty-one different regions/nations/countries with other planets to visit.

I have several races you can choose from (the current count is around 35 including subraces), and multiple classes. I think that using the DnD rules with a homebrew set of races, spells and classes would work just fine. It'll take me a good long while to get a guide written on basic lore and the homebrew races and spells, but I'd definitely put the work in if people would be interested in a campaign set in this world.

Personally, I hope you guys'd be interested because I've got a ton of story ideas in general. Originally, this was supposed to be for a novel or a comicbook series or something like that, but I don't see why it can't be both a campaign and a story. My apologies for how ugly the map looks, I'm not an artist by any means whatsoever.
I already have several campaigns going on, so I will withhold firmly committing to another. but i'm a maybe.
You can sight me in! I curious in what races or classes you have with you build.

My answer is a big yes!
(03-23-2021, 08:43 PM)no one Wrote: [ -> ]Wel, Dragon notified me that SR is approaching a conclusion (I promise, I will finish reading it someday soon ™️), and that got me thinking. All of the major roleplaying campaigns here have been Pokemon related. How many of you would be interested if the next one was not Pokemon related? Iron has expressed some interest in playing a character rather than a GM, so perhaps this could be an opportunity(?)

I've been cooking a fantasy world idea in my head for several years now (perhaps seven or eight at the very least), and I've finally started putting pen to paper (so to speak). I've got a setting, and I can very easily think of a general plotline. If you're interested, I'll be attaching a map of the main planet that I made. It's a flat world with fifty-one different regions/nations/countries with other planets to visit.

I have several races you can choose from (the current count is around 35 including subraces), and multiple classes. I think that using the DnD rules with a homebrew set of races, spells and classes would work just fine. It'll take me a good long while to get a guide written on basic lore and the homebrew races and spells, but I'd definitely put the work in if people would be interested in a campaign set in this world.

Personally, I hope you guys'd be interested because I've got a ton of story ideas in general. Originally, this was supposed to be for a novel or a comicbook series or something like that, but I don't see why it can't be both a campaign and a story. My apologies for how ugly the map looks, I'm not an artist by any means whatsoever.

I'd be interested, definitely, but I'd have to either know some the details of what Class/Spells/Races your going to make first OR have you assign one of your Custom Classes to me to play in advance and explain it in order to make any sort of guarantees on joining a campaign. I'm the sort of player that wants to know exactly what he's working with mechanically so I can plan for what I want my character to do/has to deal with, and homebrew stuff makes it hazy to do research online in order to workshop and think tank a Character. Information or Class Locking me would greatly help me, so if you can do either you can count me as one of your players!
(03-24-2021, 12:56 AM)Lord Windos Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-23-2021, 08:43 PM)no one Wrote: [ -> ]Wel, Dragon notified me that SR is approaching a conclusion (I promise, I will finish reading it someday soon ™️), and that got me thinking. All of the major roleplaying campaigns here have been Pokemon related. How many of you would be interested if the next one was not Pokemon related? Iron has expressed some interest in playing a character rather than a GM, so perhaps this could be an opportunity(?)

I'd be interested, definitely, but I'd have to either know some the details of what Class/Spells/Races your going to make first OR have you assign one of your Custom Classes to me to play in advance and explain it in order to make any sort of guarantees on joining a campaign. I'm the sort of player that wants to know exactly what he's working with mechanically so I can plan for what I want my character to do/has to deal with, and homebrew stuff makes it hazy to do research online in order to workshop and think tank a Character. Information or Class Locking me would greatly help me, so if you can do either you can count me as one of your players!

Well, I don't have a lot of experience with homebrewing in DnD, so I'll slowly release more and more information about the things I have in mind and then work with you to make something that fits well.
It strongly depends on multiple things in my case, for example on the races and classes to choose, the general story+setting and how things will be played (aka, by post or voice chat, some other way etc.). So for now I'll settle on a big maybe.

I only know/am familiar with Pathfinder and not DnD, if that's an issue also (?).
(03-24-2021, 06:13 AM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: [ -> ]It strongly depends on multiple things in my case, for example on the races and classes to choose, the general story+setting and how things will be played (aka, by post or voice chat, some other way etc.). So for now I'll settle on a big maybe.

I only know/am familiar with Pathfinder and not DnD, if that's an issue also (?).

A significant portion of the standard dnd races will be available (Humans, Elves and several elven subraces, Gnomes, Dwarves, Orcs, Goblins, etc) and most of the DnD classes will be available too. I'll just be manipulating the existing classes slightly to fit my world a little better. To give you an example, I'm not a fan of how the word "Paladin" is used in fantasy settings. I'll be modifying the Paladin class and fusing it with the Cleric class to turn it into a Holy Knight class, with your skills and other stuff like that changing depending on which god you serve. I'll also be adding a "Priest" class with a similar gimmick. There will also be another magic based class to join Sorcerers, Wizards and Warlocks that will have a slightly different gimmick.

I'm not very familiar with Pathfinder, but if it's easier than DnD, I might switch to it. I'm just using DnD because I have some basis in it so I won't effectively be starting at the beginning.
And other not very common races? Like Dragonborn and Tiefling? And other half races like Half-Elf and Half-Orc? Because I very much interested in play a Tiefling. I like the demonic style of such race!

It's because I have a self rule in avoid play Human or Elf (because they very much common) and I already play a campaign as a Orc, that's why I interested in play a different flavor.
No Tieflings, but there are Dragonborns (won't be called Dragonborn, but they do exist) and I have a replacement for Tieflings. So you'll be fine in that regard. As for half races, I can work with you on any one you have in mind. I'm fairy flexible in that regard.

As I mentioned, there are around thirty distinct races so far, so most of the common ones you thought of will be there. I've even got some from the DnD expansion additions like Loxodons and Furbolgs. Loxodons won't be called the same thing, but they are there.
Interesting. A bit sad to not exist Tieflings, but pretty cool in hear there gonna be a equivalent to such race in your setting.

I very hyped to see what races you have in your setting ready to bring up.
Pages: 1 2 3