Pokemon Uranium

Full Version: Tyler's Search - a fanfiction epic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So, I've done art. I've mostly sucked and occasionally not sucked (those were nice moments). It's fun, but I still have a long way to go (not the best situation for a college student who's been drawing since he was twelve). I'm not too broken up about that because I've also been reading books since I was very young (my parents bribed me, then gave me a library card, then before they knew it they'd created a monster). Anyway, what this roundabout tongue-in-cheek paragraph is getting to is that I'm actually a pretty decent author. I've been working on a story for all you Eevee fans out there called Tyler's Search (link to fanfiction.net).

[Image: tyler_s_search_cover__2__by_polarissb-daom2ah.png]
Tyler is a wild eevee growing up in a forest in the Kanto/Johto region with his parents and four siblings. One day trainers show up and pretty much everyone gets captured. Except Tyler. This is the story of his quest to find his family and somehow get them back from the humans, and it ends up exploring all kinds of different aspects of the Pokemon universe (what capture/being owned is like for pokemon and such). It's my take on a realistically rendered pokemon world (but still trying to keep the friendly feel of the anime). The story is nearly finished, and I'm very proud of it. I'll be up-front with you, this is not a short story. It's about novel-length. That said, I promise there's enough story in there for it. Hope you enjoy it! Discussion and questions are appreciated, and I'll try to answer everything that's not a spoiler. I've got some fairly detailed thoughts on how the pokemon world works.

I'll also be occasionally posting illustrations. I can't promise they'll be as good as the story, but don't worry, I didn't draw them all myself.
Always good to see more fanfic, and meet fellow writers! Smile 

I'll have to check out your story later when I have more time to read a longer story.  I do love my Eevees! Big Grin
My my. Must read this story. My curious its killing me Smile
Well, now I need to clear my sceduale for even more Pokemon fics... well, they are worth to read, so I guess this isn't such a bad thing...
Oh, and nice to meet you by the way, Polaris! Hope we can get along rather NOICEly, eh~?
Windos I hope so! Galeon get along quite well with wind Big Grin in fact we love it. The more the better (how am I typing this with paws, you ask? I'm not. Feather tips are much better for pressing keys).

But thanks everyone for your interest! I just finished Chapter 40, only five more till the end!
I have finally finished the story of Tyler's Search. It's all up to read (except the epilogue, but that's not as important). I can finally say I have written a novel. Enjoy!
i read the first chapter, it's really good!
I've been waiting for this moment for ages.

FF.net no longer allows downloads. Would it be possible to make an ebook version? .mobi, .pdf, or .txt, in that order of preference.
I can't wait to finish reading this! BTW, have you ever considered uploading your story also to Archive Of Our Own? It has support for ebook formats so people like could read offline too.
I've never tried an Archive account. I can check it out. Once I've gone through and revised everything I could make a PDF available too.
Pages: 1 2 3