Pokemon Uranium

Full Version: The Great Cookie Capers!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
A smirk appears briefly on his face as he throws the six sided dice. "Oh, you have no idea what you're getting into."

Every single one of them is a 6.

"I can assure you they're fair. Go ahead, try them out yourself if you wish. Of course, what's a game without a little luck? Now then, the rules are going to be simple. I assume you're familiar with Blackjack? Well, that's what we'll be playing, but with dice instead. I'll roll a total and get as close to 12 as I can. You're goal will be to get closer to 12 than I do without surpassing it yourself. If you bust, I win. If I bust and you don't, you win. If we tie or both bust, we go again. And of course, if either of us is closer to 12 than the other, whoever is closer wins. It's not quite the same as using the cards, but I think it's quite interesting. Are those terms agreeable?"

(No story rigging here, please. Let's roll some actual dice to determine this!)
(06-24-2017, 12:19 AM)Lord Windos Wrote: [ -> ](Hey, at least it ended in such a way that it was mostly wrapped up! Now that Dragonstrike is on the scene, and Tianlong and Xenoic are clearly up to no good, I guess its up to the combined forces of dubiously good to fight off questionably evil!)

(I kinda feel like I dropped in during the middle of an action movie, tbh. Tongue Now I gotta spend half the time figuring out what's going on in the first place.  This looks like it's gonna be interesting though...)
(06-24-2017, 12:19 AM)Dragonstrike Wrote: [ -> ]A smirk appears briefly on his face as he throws the six sided dice.  "Oh, you have no idea what you're getting into."

Every single one of them is a 6.  

"I can assure you they're fair.  Go ahead, try them out yourself if you wish.  Of course, what's a game without a little luck?  Now then, the rules are going to be simple.  I assume you're familiar with Blackjack?  Well, that's what we'll be playing, but with dice instead.  I'll roll a total and get as close to 12 as I can.  You're goal will be to get closer to 12 than I do without surpassing it yourself.  If you bust, I win.  If I bust and you don't, you win.  If we tie, we go again.  And of course, if either of us is closer to 12 than the other, whoever is closer wins.  It's not quite the same as using the cards, but I think it's quite interesting.  Are those terms agreeable?"

(No story rigging here, please.  Let's roll some actual dice to determine this!)

(Alrighty then! How many dice are going to be in play, though, and whose going to roll the dice?)

*Upon seeing the results of the roll, The Cookie Thief couldn't help the laughter that bubbled up from with them*

You not only have burning fire, but the Devil's Luck backing up your actions as well! Oh, this will be fun. I find your game  and its terms to be acceptable, so let's stake it all, and let the dice decide our fate!
(06-24-2017, 12:21 AM)Dragonstrike Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-24-2017, 12:19 AM)Lord Windos Wrote: [ -> ](Hey, at least it ended in such a way that it was mostly wrapped up! Now that Dragonstrike is on the scene, and Tianlong and Xenoic are clearly up to no good, I guess its up to the combined forces of dubiously good to fight off questionably evil!)

(I kinda feel like I dropped in during the middle of an action movie, tbh. Tongue Now I gotta spend half the time figuring out what's going on in the first place.  This looks like it's gonna be interesting though..
(Feel free to take the time to read up on the "lore" lols, plot twists all around, I'm still kinda confused and I started it xD)
(06-24-2017, 12:24 AM)Lord Windos Wrote: [ -> ](Alrighty then! How many dice are going to be in play, though, and whose going to roll the dice?)

(It's rolling the first two [much like drawing the first two cards in Blackjack], then rolling singular dice until you either bust, match 12, or don't want to risk busting [aka hit and stand when drawing from the deck, and the obvious bust if the hit goes over the designated number].  The Agent will do his rolls first, then the Thief does his.  Thief won't know what Agent rolled until all rolls are done.  I've got lots of [uniformly manufactured] 6 sided dice handy too, if you're fine with me rolling them.  Or we can use an online tool so we can both roll, and we both know the dice are fair Tongue Oh, and if it wasn't clear already, Agent is the equivalent of the dealer, since they're his dice.)
(06-23-2017, 11:46 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-23-2017, 11:08 PM)Xenoic Wrote: [ -> ]*Xenoic had a cold yet somehow thoughtful face, like a broken toy who kept on smiling*

Although a minute had passed after Tianlong had explained his situation, it felt like hours before Xenoic finally spoke,

"This.... patient of yours", Xenoic continued attempting to be as professional as possible, " is a unique individual. Shiny pokemon are the result of an extreme mutation, possible complications/attributes with the parents of the subject, or pure luck of the draw during the development in the egg.  A shiny individual is shown to have a unique genetic make-up which has shown to affect the appearance of a pokemon which changes the chemicals in a pokemon's skin and thus everything else about the pokemon. Well this means that although shiny individuals have shown to be more likely to have unusual affinity towards types that may not be their typing, they are also much more susceptible to genetic diseases and other various bodily issues. It is likely to assume that your Luxelong has a rare degenerative disease called "Manganese Deficiency" which is as you have figured out only affects pokemon. This is because shiny Luxelong has been known to have bright red/pink colors instead of the usual green. The chemical , Manganese, has been shown to exude red-pinkish colors when burned which is not naturally found in nature. It is safe to assume that possible construction near the Luxelong egg may have construction of Manganese material and thus filling the extreme mutation requirement. Every pokemon has an affinity for a chemical which is why there is one one kind of shiny for every pokemon. Any other chemical would not have worked. Because Luxelong are naturally green, they produce the necessary chemicals to be green. A shiny pokemon, if their body didn't adapt correctly, would eventually deteriorate since their body isn't producing the necessary chemicals to stay stable and alive. There is no known cure since any attempts to artificially inject the chemical has resulted in the body rejecting the chemical. This is why your Luxelong's biochemistry is out of whack. Now your suggestion to change the body would be a logical step but as no known official cases have been done, I cannot be sure about anything as we are slowly heading towards theoretical scenarios. To do this I am going to need to actually fabricate the body to suit a Luxelong's needs, which includes organs and create a spliced mixture of human and Luxelong DNA. Now to do this, not only will I need time but, I require DNA of possibly many pokemon to bridge the gap between the Luxelong and human genome. Also I will need an extensive lab with many precise and experiment instruments which I will give you the catalogue for when I figure out what I need and. I can go into more detail about the process later as time is key. Luckily, pokemon are very resilient creatures so I'm sure she still has at the very least atleast a month ahead of her."

*Xenoic pauses to catch a breath and review what he had just said*

"Now I am going to accept your request, just so you know this is very exciting for me as this is new genetic breakthroughs we could be doing. Not to kill your hopes but, this is highly theoretical and unlikely to go smoothly at all and considering the time frame.... Things might not turn out the way you want."

Tianlong listened to them, silently absorbing all the information provided on his Luxelong's condition, setting down his thermos of coffer. When they were finished, Tianlong, in a rare display of weakness, bowed their head to them, looking tired despite the amount of caffeine within them. Carefully, they reached into their cowl, and drew out a single bank card, and handed it to them.

"I know. Believe me, I know. Any chance to save her, however, is better than doing nothing. No matter how distant the possibility, no matter how slim the chances are. I won't let her waste away like that, not after all she has done for me. This card here has no limit; consider it your research fund in this project of mine, separate from what I have already offered for our partnership. Use it, and whatever methods you have at your and mine disposal to save the life of my dragon. If money is not enough for some acquisition, I will be more than glad to step in and get it for you. If you happen to fail, however, you say not be punished. This task is hard enough without me being draconian about it."

Tianlong, after they handed them the card, took out his datapad once more, and checked the time on it. "We should be arriving at your new base of operations in about 2 hours. Tell me what you need right now for you lab, and it will be done by the time the helicopter touches down. Speaking of which, once we do so, I'll be transporting my Luxelong into your care; she'll be in the clinic that will be placed along side your lab. For convenience shake, of course."

*Xenoic quickly drafts a list of instruments and experimental medical devices and hands it to Tianlong*
"I am grateful for such emotional generosity on your part, I will attempt to do my best. On landing, first thing im going to do is assess the damages from a medical persective and keep a computer that is constantly updated on her condition. "

*Xenoic takes the blank card and slips it into one of his many almost hidden pockets*
"Try and relax as I am most likely the best chance of your friend's survival."

*The Duplicat stands up and somehow activates the collar around his neck which causes a screen to pop up which has listed the genetic information of all pokemon that has been catalouged in the collar*

*Xenoic proceeds to look through for Luxelong genetic info and starts reading up on blood types and etc.*
(*puts flowerers on the grave of my plotline* 'Mostly wrapped up', true indeed. What was left that I wished to was gather them up to give me their point of view on the High-Sea-Mission, which would also include them finding out that their Chief and RU's archenemy are everything else than rivals... But I believe I can just skip/postpone this and come up with something new. Hmmm... )
(06-24-2017, 12:34 AM)Dragonstrike Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-24-2017, 12:24 AM)Lord Windos Wrote: [ -> ](Alrighty then! How many dice are going to be in play, though, and whose going to roll the dice?)

(It's rolling the first two [much like drawing the first two cards in Blackjack], then rolling singular dice until you either bust, match 12, or don't want to risk busting [aka hit and stand when drawing from the deck, and the obvious bust if the hit goes over the designated number].  The Agent will do his rolls first, then the Thief does his.  Thief won't know what Agent rolled until all rolls are done.  I've got lots of [uniformly manufactured] 6 sided dice handy too, if you're fine with me rolling them.  Or we can use an online tool so we can both roll, and we both know the dice are fair Tongue Oh, and if it wasn't clear already, Agent is the equivalent of the dealer, since they're his dice.)

(I trust you to roll the dice, so have at it! You can handling the rolling for both my chara and yours, since I'm a bit rusty at Blackjack admitidly!)
(06-24-2017, 12:38 AM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: [ -> ](*puts flowerers on the grave of my plotline* 'Mostly wrapped up', true indeed. What was left that I wished to was gather them up to give me their point of view on the High-Sea-Mission, which would also include them finding out that their Chief and RU's archenemy are everything else than rivals... But I believe I can just skip/postpone this and come up with something new. Hmmm... )

(Maybe the guys could be in a hospital off-duty recovering their injuries from their mission or something to temporarily fill the hole in the plot)
(Good point, ! I'll include this, thanks~)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36