Pokemon Uranium
[Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Uranium (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum)
+-- Forum: Misc and fun stuff (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Roleplaying (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows (/showthread.php?tid=1946)

RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Lord Windos - 03-01-2021

.....HehehehaAHAHAHA! See, I TOLD ya, buddy! Look at what a proper strategy and thorough analysis of your enemies can bring us: total victory! I won't say your worries and concerns were unfounded, but I believe the evidence speaks for itself that they were a mite bit out of proportion! Sure, part of that was up to the Dice being particularly kind to our Rolls, but 1) Tis the nature of a TTRPG, and 2) the bones of our strategy is what allowed them to be so effective! Hopefully this'll cheer you up, or at least temper what is left of your bad mood!

Shoot, forgot all about Pyra's Paralysis. Well, that'll cramp her style for a bit at - 1 Pain, but considering that she doesn't need to move fast or spam Moves to be effective with Intimidate I believe we'll be able to adapt to it with relative ease.

Alright, I have tomorrow off from work and gotten through with some of my biz for now, so I can happily post FINALLY! Huzzah!

RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Dragonstrike - 03-01-2021

Conkeldurr had verrrrry good reason to be wary of outsiders, too.

RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Spiritmon - 03-01-2021

Whoosh. Well, I need to admit when I wrong. The strategy did work in the end.

Also need to admit at least this once, the lack of trust now makes sense. I kinda suspect Machamp had something strange with him.

Guess we need to beat the crap of that Fighting type.

RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Lord Windos - 03-01-2021

Hey Dragonstrike, remind me what you did to retool Defiant? I recall you making a Ruling that made it worse, but I can't remember how exactly.

RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Dragonstrike - 03-01-2021

(03-01-2021, 11:17 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: Hey Dragonstrike, remind me what you did to retool Defiant? I recall you making a Ruling that made it worse, but I can't remember how exactly.

It doesn't trigger when an Ally lowers your stats, as per how it works in the games.

(03-01-2021, 11:25 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
(03-01-2021, 11:17 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: Hey Dragonstrike, remind me what you did to retool Defiant? I recall you making a Ruling that made it worse, but I can't remember how exactly.

It doesn't trigger when an Ally lowers your stats, as per how it works in the games.

Ah, yes. Thanks! Now I remember why to NEVER to use it, unless/until the option becomes available to buff it so that ANY Lowering of Stats from ANYONE triggers it!

Sorry about the smarminess and not to rag on you too much, but was that really a necessary change to make for Pokerole? Getting hit by a Stat Debuffer is still debilitating enough, regardless of the source, and if a friend does it that requires both an Action on their part and some coordination in order to use to it's full effect (Which Initiative could further hampering, if Pyra goes before her Stat Debuffing friend) , and the buff it gives doesn't do squat for Special Moves, so it being proccable by allies doesn't warrant it following cannon rulings, me thinks. Pokerole is its own beast of a system, free to be tinkered with as we please, so why are you making changes that specifically (intentionally or not) make my character worse and gives me less GOOD viable alternatives to Intimidate? Kinda hard to beat how useful that Ability is for EVERYONE, and you didn't help with that effort.

RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Spiritmon - 03-02-2021

The old art of bitch slap faces. When you see someone going to go unnecessary risks and they are stubborn as a stone (like Big Nose there) give him a slap in the face.

Might work.

RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Dragonstrike - 03-02-2021

(03-01-2021, 11:40 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: Ah, yes. Thanks! Now I remember why to NEVER to use it, unless/until the option becomes available to buff it so that ANY Lowering of Stats from ANYONE triggers it!

Sorry about the smarminess and not to rag on you too much, but was that really a necessary change to make for Pokerole? Getting hit by a Stat Debuffer is still debilitating enough, regardless of the source, and if a friend does it that requires both an Action on their part and some coordination in order to use to it's full effect (Which Initiative could further hampering, if Pyra goes before her Stat Debuffing friend) , and the buff it gives doesn't do squat for Special Moves, so it being proccable by allies doesn't warrant it following cannon rulings, me thinks. Pokerole is its own beast of a system, free to be tinkered with as we please, so why are you making changes that specifically (intentionally or not) make my character worse and gives me less GOOD viable alternatives to Intimidate? Kinda hard to beat how useful that Ability is for EVERYONE, and you didn't help with that effort.

It was definitely unintentional, since it just so happened to be something I stumbled across.

However, thinking about it a bit more over the course of today, you did raise an interesting point briefly.  Given that it's mechanically possible for stat drops in pokerole to have no effect if you already have a debuff of the same or greater strength afflicted, it makes sense to not incorporate this specific interaction so that Defiant cannot be prevented from being triggered by being debuffed by an ally.  Abilities like Justified also happen to exist, and it ends up just getting to be a more complicated mess of justifications for both sides. 

In short, let's just keep it simple and keep Defiant as is written with the usual well known exception of 'self inflicted stat drops do not trigger Defiant'.

In any case, I never actually wrote that change into the meta thread, so we'll just say I never put it into effect.  Though keep in mind that anything you guys can do, I can potentially use with NPCs later as well.

Sorry for being a bit wishy washy on this.  Homebrewing stuff isn't easy, as I'm sure No One can tell you, so I apologize for the rough patches in potential rules that have been a little too rough.

RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Lord Windos - 03-02-2021

Not too sure if I was being clear or not, but Pyra doesn't want to kill these Pokemon, mates. She just wants to KO them completely before moving on with Marcus' Errand. Of course, given how difficult it is to understand her at times, I find it quite reasonable and amusingly fitting that everyone just misinterprets her actions based on their own assumptions. You know what they say about them, after all.....

RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Spiritmon - 03-02-2021

(03-02-2021, 08:29 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: Not too sure if I was being clear or not, but Pyra doesn't want to kill these Pokemon, mates. She just wants to KO them completely before moving on with Marcus' Errand. Of course, given how difficult it is to understand her at times, I find it quite reasonable and amusingly fitting that everyone just misinterprets her actions based on their own assumptions. You know what they say about them, after all.....

I understand that mate! And both IC and OOC, see no problem in doing that. It's not like they been give any reasons to be nice to us anyway so in my book KO those two was a good idea.