Pokemon Uranium
[Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Uranium (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum)
+-- Forum: Misc and fun stuff (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Roleplaying (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows (/showthread.php?tid=1946)

RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Lord Windos - 04-08-2020

.....Pyra somehow missed a fucking 7D6 Dice Roll in her favor. Without being Confused. And getting damaged by its Poison Sting too boot.

When I invoked your names, Tabletop Gods of Probabiliy, I didn't do so to test you lot, so I'm not quite sure you're out to get me.

Alright guys, we need to REALLY focus down that Spinarak, since it has been shown it is indeed quite willing to go straight for the super nasty Poisoning attack, and I don't think my lil' demon will be lucky enough to escape getting Poisoned twice in a row. Remember, we don't have any Pecha Berries, so getting Poisoned down here could be a death sentence unless we want to constantly triage the Poison Damage with our Orans until a cure can be found.

After the spider's down, yeet the bats, starting with the one Dax got a pretty good hit on. Spreading Damage in some scenarios can be a nice way to divide the attention of enemies, but I rather not have more than 2 Pokemon under the effect of some Status, and KOing these Pokemon quick as we can will go a long way towards that goal.

Dragonstrike, are Conditional Willpoints a thing in PMD : PD ? Because after that Roll I want to use them on a near constant basis, if I'm going to have THAT bad of a start.

RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Dragonstrike - 04-08-2020

(04-08-2020, 06:44 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: Dragonstrike, are Conditional Willpoints a thing in PMD : PD ? Because after that Roll I want to use them on a near constant basis, if I'm going to have THAT bad of a start.

Honestly, after seeing how they performed in MCM, I'd prefer to not use non-specific Conditional Will Points in this game.  You can state conditions for whether you'll spend a Will Point (such as 'if I reach -2 Pain, I'll spend a Will Point to ignore Pain), but it needs to effectively be used before I roll the dice.

RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Lord Windos - 04-08-2020

(04-08-2020, 06:51 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
(04-08-2020, 06:44 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: Dragonstrike, are Conditional Willpoints a thing in PMD : PD ? Because after that Roll I want to use them on a near constant basis, if I'm going to have THAT bad of a start.

Honestly, I'd prefer to not use non-specific Conditional Will Points in this game.  You can state conditions for whether you'll spend a Will Point (such as 'if I reach -2 Pain, I'll spend a Will Point to ignore Pain), but it needs to effectively be used before I roll the dice.

*Sighs* ...I suppose we're going back to basics and doing stuff the hard way, then. That means you're not going to see a whole lot of Will Point usage out until the manure has well coated the fan blades, though, as I'm not going to take even the slightest chance of wasting Will on giving an Action unnecessary Successe(s). If that screws me or someone else over, so be it. 

Going to get my Orders out now, then. Hopefully in the next Round Spinarak will get splatted.

RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Spiritmon - 04-08-2020

Can't you make a exception just this once Dragon? Heck, we on a difficult situation where we can only call 1 move per round. Pretty please.

RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - no one - 04-08-2020

Also uh...
I kinda didn't know that I could use Bubble
I would have done that in the first round if I did
I didn't know about the whole instinct thing
But now that I do, I think I can maybe take one of the bats down, and weaken the other so someone else can take it down.
Subject to chance and RNG of course xD

RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Dragonstrike - 04-08-2020

(04-08-2020, 07:00 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: Can't you make a exception just this once Dragon? Heck, we on a difficult situation where we can only call 1 move per round. Pretty please.

I want to keep my rules consistent if at all possible, so I'm not gonna make an exception for the Will Point thing this time.

(04-08-2020, 07:51 PM)no one Wrote: Also uh...
I kinda didn't know that I could use Bubble
I would have done that in the first round if I did
I didn't know about the whole instinct thing
But now that I do, I think I can maybe take one of the bats down, and weaken the other so someone else can take it down.
Subject to chance and RNG of course xD

I was wondering about that when you revealed Pax has Bubble access, truth be told. If you didn't know any better until the moment before your lastest post, though , I can't fault you for an honest oversight. Pokerole can be a bit complex, and some of its mechanics can slip you by if you don't keep an eye on them.

Hopefully the Bubble can sod those Zubat if you're going to continue targeting them instead of the poisonous spider (unless Pax can use Bubble to hit all three foes...?), or otherwise things will really go pear shaped for Pyra or anyone else that gets the potently pricked.....

(04-08-2020, 08:21 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: I was wondering about that when you revealed Pax has Bubble access, truth be told. If you didn't know any better until the moment before your lastest post, though , I can't fault you for an honest oversight. Pokerole can be a bit complex, and some of its mechanics can slip you by if you don't keep an eye on them.

Hopefully the Bubble can sod those Zubat if you're going to continue targeting them instead of the poisonous spider (unless Pax can use Bubble to hit all three foes...?), or otherwise things will really go pear shaped for Pyra or anyone else that gets the potently pricked.....

Daxter has 2 Special, so he can only hit two targets with Bubble currently.  2 is better than 1, though!

RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Spiritmon - 04-08-2020

You know, I been wondering something: With Galarian Forms introducing the chance in make a Pokemon evolve even beyond, such as Obstagoon or even Sirfetch, maybe a Delta Lucario could evolve EVEN beyond its normal Evolution? Oh boy, that could be awesome! But I already satisfied in evolve until Delta Lucario Form. Only in be able to play a Delta Riolu with Ghost typing its already a big reward in this campaigh Big Grin

Maybe D-Lucario can Mega Evolve however just like Skull Ruins D-Steelix?

RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - PhantomUnderYourDesk - 04-09-2020

Quote:...while the second flies straight at one of their enemies, looking for an easy KO!  The divebomb cannot be automatically intercepted, as Zubat B is using a Contact move, and just flies around any potential obstacles to attack its target!

....Oh. Astonish makes contact, damn it.

Hummm, I guess then only Special Moves/Moves that don't make contact can be intercepted the way I wanted Kee to do? You know, kinda like how Octavia did with a Dragon-Typ'd move during a fight in Mt.CoronetMystery (I didn't find the exact fight as otherwise I'd link it). Mostly asking because that's an action I can see Kee doing at appropriate times, it's quite in-chara actually. DOES this take an Action actually??