Pokemon Uranium
[Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Uranium (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum)
+-- Forum: Misc and fun stuff (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Roleplaying (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows (/showthread.php?tid=1946)

RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Dragonstrike - 04-19-2020

(04-19-2020, 03:26 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: Its because some of the moves of the movepool list is based in Gen 8 movepool he can learn, since I didnt know if Riolu learn we using is based in Gen 7 or Gen 8.

Again, check the movepool I sent you during character creation.  That has all the info you need to know concerning your current learnset, barring any changes I may or may not make later.

RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Lord Windos - 04-19-2020

(04-19-2020, 03:19 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: Dont worry about it mate. Phantom do have a point about this whole Aura Drain thing. I want to everyone have a cool roleplaying thing. Even more since we have a new player with us such No_one. I want everyone have a good time and to not make Kogeki a Nathan 2.0. No offenses @Dragonstrike, when I mean a Nathan 2.0 is a character who enter in conflict with most people.

Besides, draining the Aura of literally everyone we meet might not be the most healthiest way to play and might have serious consequences in the future me thinks. Just because you can do something, doesnt mean you should do it. I can abstain myself of syphon Auras, as long I get the chance of absorb really really evil Pokemon who truly deserve such treatment or really really strong Pokemon such as bosses who trully have powerful auras.

Now that I think about it, perhaps the reason Kogeki is capable of absorb Auras might be a solution about purify Pokemon from the darkness. A alternative way of free Pokemon from darkness.

Considering that Pyra's 100% okay with his aura draining, she'll not likely get into arguments over it, so if you're set on limiting it perhaps we can get our characters to team up and hunt together on a semi-frequent basis for both their benefits. If he's with good, nonjudgmental company, then his aura draining becomes a non-issues, and she can 'taste test' different Pokemon or indulge her curiosity on them without causing a dreaded fuss! Perfect alt-compromise, right?

Doing something thoughtlessly , recklessly, or purposelessly in roleplay or IRL is bad, yes, but if you're doing something for a 'good enough' reason or taking all due caution and are ready to accept all the consequences thereof, then I believe that's perfectly acceptable. At least, that's what I believe.

Err....absorbing the Darkness will likely turn Kogeki into a Shadow Pokemon or do terrible things to him, so I heavily suggest you don't aura drain those affected individuals, or even after they've been purified. Can never be too careful about that, right?

RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - PhantomUnderYourDesk - 04-19-2020

(04-19-2020, 03:22 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: *Double Sighs* Looks like I have some work with Pyra to do with getting Kee to accept Kogeki's actions then, and possibly get the later to resume his aura draining if he suddenly stops doing so. Perhaps I'm overstepping my bounds here, but I honestly don't want to see Kogeki's aura draining go the way of the Orthros or Boomburst , as that's an aspect of his character I enjoy seeing and I'm curious as to how that'll affect them as the game goes on. Putting severe and constant restraints on it now seems like 'jumping the gun' to me more than a bit from an OOC and IC perspective, so I'm sadly going to have to be opposed to Kee's/Karen's feelings on the matter.

Maybe you don't have to do this - once we are strong enough and have enough allies = recruited 'Mon to go off into MysteryDungeon on our own instead of as a whole team, everyone is free to do what they want. (Like, I'm so looking forward to explore Dungeons with a team consisting of Kee, Octavia and Astoria ^^)

RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Lord Windos - 04-19-2020

(04-19-2020, 03:26 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote:
(04-19-2020, 03:16 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: Why can't we just let Spirit and Kogeki aura drain our enemies again and not care about what happens, until such a time or event forces us to reconsider things?

Dear, because I rather don't want to run into an event that forces us to reconsider things, it's easier and more comfortable to handle and agree on things now before any problems come up, both in- and outta-chara. (^_^; )

And Kee hides a rather gentle and affectionate side behind his moody and sarcastic being on top of having this big respect for the life of a Pokemon, as seen in Mt.Coronet Mystery (how he handled his young Vulpix, how he always carries around an asortment of snacks for every 'Mon of his, he managed to evolve a Sylveon all by himself), so it's reasonable that he's having issues with this Draining to a degree.

I still think and insist both you and Kee are jumping the gun with the aura draining AND stiffing Spirit's ability to RP and explore his character as he likes, but I can respect the fear and sentiments behind your decisions at the very least. I don't want to get in trouble with what constitutes the law in the Pokemon world nor create anymore schisms in the group, so I understand you wanting to avoid such unsavory outcomes. Don't have to like it very much, though. Agree to disagree on this?

Like I said just recently, I'll work on this matter with Kee and Karen with Pyra later, as I want Kogeki to do as he wants (within reason and the given situation) with his aura draining without having to worry about getting guilt tripped or verbally savaged by either of them for it. Having an open heart for others is good, but those two could probably learn how to harden it (or learning not to care) at times to accept certain decisions or outcomes of our characters (and others too, possibly).

RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Spiritmon - 04-19-2020

Guys! Guys! Please. Dont begin a discussion against each other just because of a feature of Delta Riolu species. You two are a great friends. More than friends actually, and that make me feel bad in see you two fight against each other.

Windos. I understand how you feel, but I want to everyone have a good time in this campaigh, be old or new players. Kogeki and Pyra can hunt together a few Pokemon to Syphon Auras if this could stop the conflict and give my char some freedom in use his abilities without Kee or Karen presences.

Phantom. I can also understand how Kee feel, and thats why in Kee and Karen presence, Kogeki will hold himself of draining other Pokemon we might meet to avoid conflict in Kee and Karen presence, with the exception of course bosses or strong individuals.

Is this satisfy both parts to end this discussion. Pretty please? You both are my friends, and I dont like friends fighting against each other...

(04-19-2020, 03:30 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote:
(04-19-2020, 03:22 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: *Double Sighs* Looks like I have some work with Pyra to do with getting Kee to accept Kogeki's actions then, and possibly get the later to resume his aura draining if he suddenly stops doing so. Perhaps I'm overstepping my bounds here, but I honestly don't want to see Kogeki's aura draining go the way of the Orthros or Boomburst , as that's an aspect of his character I enjoy seeing and I'm curious as to how that'll affect them as the game goes on. Putting severe and constant restraints on it now seems like 'jumping the gun' to me more than a bit from an OOC and IC perspective, so I'm sadly going to have to be opposed to Kee's/Karen's feelings on the matter.

Maybe you don't have to do this - once we are strong enough and have enough allies = recruited 'Mon to go off into MysteryDungeon on our own instead of as a whole team, everyone is free to do what they want. (Like, I'm so looking forward to explore Dungeons with a team consisting of Kee, Octavia and Astoria ^^)

I don't think Dragonstrike would necessarily like splitting the group at any point in time, as that's more work and micromanaging for him regardless of how we handle multiple independent teams for charas , and that's probably a LONG time off regardless, so learning how to deal with each other's quirks within the group we have now should be paramount, if we don't want to keep arguing about it IC or OOC. I really don't want anymore drama about this or other stuff happening on a regular basis. A little drama is good for the soul every now and then, but it's just toxic in abundance ....

RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Dragonstrike - 04-19-2020

Let me add a few things about this to hopefully alleviate some of the conflict concerning the aura draining:

1) Kogeki isn't killing the pokemon.  You don't know what effect it might be having (if any), but the subjects are still alive afterwards.

2) While Karen is uncomfortable with Kogeki performing that act, Marcus isn't particularly worried about it currently.  And while Karen might be uncomfortable with the action, she's not trying to stop it since it doesn't seem to be causing lasting harm as far as she can tell.

3) Please do not turn this into a long winded argument about whether Kogeki should or shouldn't continue with his actions.  Voicing your concerns is fine, but bear in mind that you're all working together as a single group for the time being.  In addition, Spirit's decision about what to do ultimately won't affect everyone adversely in the long run (as long as he's responsible with it), so I see little reason to argue about it.

(04-19-2020, 03:42 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: Guys! Guys! Please. Dont begin a discussion against each other just because of a feature of Delta Riolu species. You two are a great more friends. More than friends actually, and that make me feel bad in see you two fight against each other.

Windos. I understand how you feel, but I want to everyone have a good time in this campaigh, be old or new players. Kogeki and Pyra can hunt together a few Pokemon to Syphon Auras if this could stop the conflict and give my char some freedom in use his abilities without Kee or Karen presences.

Phantom. I can also understand how Kee feel, and thats why in Kee and Karen presence, Kogeki will hold himself of draining other Pokemon we might meet to avoid conflict in Kee and Karen presence, with the exception of course bosses or strong individuals.

Is this satisfy both parts to end this discussion. Pretty please? You both are my friends, and I dont like friends fighting against each other...

*Whew* ....Yeah, you're right Spirit mate. Getting into a fierce debate over this is not a terribly good thing for any of us. Didn't like seeing Kogeki's aura drain essentially getting mostly shitcanned for any reason , so I felt the need to protest on our behalf. Still feel like doing so, in fact, but if its causing distress to you I should reign it in for now in the Meta Thread ; perhaps I overreact too. What you've said should work out for everyone well enough for now, and Pyra's own efforts to try and smooth out the feelings on this hopefully do some good if we handle things carefully , so all the more reason for me to settle down.

Again, sorry mate. Was not my intention to upset you or get into a row with my dear, so I'll just apologize for causing the both of you trouble and stop. Alls well that ends well?

EDIT: Dragonstrike brings up some good points too, so all the more reason I drop this debate his like a hot rock! Thanks for your intervention, mate!

RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - PhantomUnderYourDesk - 04-19-2020

Nah, all's fine and any apologies are accepted, I'm somewhat sorry likewise... I'm just going to drop this whole issue now and Dragon's totally right that Spirit's decision on what to do/who to drain or not do drain isn't affecting any of us negatively, so there isn't much sense to argue about it.

RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Spiritmon - 04-19-2020

Thanks...both of you. I gladly to know all this conflict could be resolved.

And Dragonstrike...thanks. You are awesome.