Pokemon Uranium
[Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Uranium (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum)
+-- Forum: Misc and fun stuff (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Roleplaying (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows (/showthread.php?tid=1946)

RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Lord Windos - 05-06-2020

(05-06-2020, 08:46 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: Sorry that last post took longer than anticipated to type up.  Was trying to relax and refocus while I had some much needed time off from work.  Took that time to beat Spider-Man for PS4 while brainstorming as well.  Big Grin

Now to figure out what the next game on my to-do list I'm going to complete is...

Eh, I don't hold the wait against you, mate. With how hectic IRL is and how its messing with everyone's job (that still has them, like you) and the sheer amount of creative energy that's needed for running a TRPG online, I don't mind you taking a break everyone once in awhile to recharge and not burn out. I'd like it if you'd warn us ahead of time when you do take such breaks if you think they're going to be long, though.

Since I don't know your game list, I can't offer any suggestions on it, but if your IRL friends do why not ask them? I could offer some suggestions for game to play regardless, but if I remember correctly you're not much of a PC gamer, so I don't know if any of my recommendations would fit for you.

Now getting to a Game relating post, I do believe I'll wait until everyone else does what they want until the 'break point' (Where Marcus talks about the places not shown, and places to go to set up a home base if we want to do that) , as aside from some humorous interactions and rampant curiosity I don't really have anything too serious to ask/do with Pyra. I should also warn everyone that Pyra won't necessarily be interested in checking out the Adventurer's Gild or even become one currently, as she doesn't consider it 'a must' to accomplish her and the group's main objectives (Namely keep everyone safe and stop The Darkness and its plans) and therefore purely optional. If everyone's interested in building a home base, I could have Pyra do all the stuff necessary to get that started w/ whomever else while all charas interest in the A.G. can check it out, though, or just have her bum around Marcus getting her lingering questions answered + watch him work if nothing else.

RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - PhantomUnderYourDesk - 05-07-2020

(05-06-2020, 08:46 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: Sorry that last post took longer than anticipated to type up.  Was trying to relax and refocus while I had some much needed time off from work.  Took that time to beat Spider-Man for PS4 while brainstorming as well.  Big Grin

Now to figure out what the next game on my to-do list I'm going to complete is...

Lolz, don't tell me you've already beaten PMD Adventure Squad? (I haven't since it only runs smoothly on my dad's working PC, so please no spoilers!)

(05-06-2020, 10:36 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: (...) If everyone's interested in building a home base, I could have Pyra do all the stuff necessary to get that started w/ whomever else while all charas interest in the A.G. can check it out, though, or just have her bum around Marcus getting her lingering questions answered + watch him work if nothing else.

I definitely am interested that piece of land and building up a Home Base (and Kee's personal Berry Garden right next to it), so yes from my side you can totally inquire about that with Pyra!

RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Dragonstrike - 05-07-2020

(05-07-2020, 12:49 AM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: Lolz, don't tell me you've already beaten PMD Adventure Squad? (I haven't since it only runs smoothly on my dad's working PC, so please no spoilers!)

I have not.  It's definitely the shortest PMD game out there right now, though.  Won't take me very long to do so once I decide to sit down and do it (mostly out of 'professional curiosity').  Most of the playtime in that game comes from being a completionist (which I'm not planning to do atm because that's tied to wifi events, and ya gotta work some tech and internet magic to access them)

RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Spiritmon - 05-07-2020

Wow. Well, as for Kogeki reactions, doesnt have much to say. He might go to Gastrodon Shop to buy the slot of land they might need. And put inside at least half of his money in the Duskull Bank. Never hurt have a emergency money in case of need. And of couse I also interested in buy the land slot, and since my char have a good bunch of money, he will help buy the building materials to help create our base. Of course, since I want to save some money everyone helping a bit in the building could be great too. 

The base could might have some sort of training machines for help train his fighting skills. Since Kogeki will be pretty much take the job of main fighter and spy of the group, his fighting skills need to be sharpest of all! 

@no one your thoughs?

RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - PhantomUnderYourDesk - 05-07-2020

(05-07-2020, 06:29 AM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
(05-07-2020, 12:49 AM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: Lolz, don't tell me you've already beaten PMD Adventure Squad? (I haven't since it only runs smoothly on my dad's working PC, so please no spoilers!)

I have not.  It's definitely the shortest PMD game out there right now, though.  Won't take me very long to do so once I decide to sit down and do it (mostly out of 'professional curiosity').  Most of the playtime in that game comes from being a completionist (which I'm not planning to do atm because that's tied to wifi events, and ya gotta work some tech and internet magic to access them)

True that it kinda is the shortest MysteryDungeon-Game feat. Pokemon, but that doesn't impede the enjoyment too much! It has such neat retro-3D-graphics, and you can make a Pokemon Tower by stacking your party members to gain some unique advantages. How do you feel about this scrapped mechanic, out of curiosity?

RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - no one - 05-07-2020

No worries man. Was it your first time playing it? I love that game. Did a lot of playthroughs of it. Currently busy with the hardest level xD.

RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Spiritmon - 05-07-2020

Kogeki already make a good scene right now. For a ninja he sure knows how to make a ruckus Big Grin

RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Dragonstrike - 05-07-2020

(05-07-2020, 01:14 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: True that it kinda is the shortest MysteryDungeon-Game feat. Pokemon, but that doesn't impede the enjoyment too much! It has such neat retro-3D-graphics, and you can make a Pokemon Tower by stacking your party members to gain some unique advantages. How do you feel about this scrapped mechanic, out of curiosity?

If you're intent on being a completionist, then having all 3 games linked (since they have cross-save functionality) actually gives them a similar amount of dungeons to a typical pmd game (a little over 40).  Definitely not short in that case.

It's honestly a little weird going back to playing a gen 4 pmd game since I haven't done so in awhile, but it does bring back some good memories.  The graphics are actually shared with the models from the Pokemon Rumble series and My Pokemon Ranch, too.  Must have been a wiiware era thing, I guess.

As for the towers, that mechanic was actually carried over from My Pokemon Ranch, too.  I can kinda see why it didn't come back, tbh.  Really only works well with the toy pokemon models.  Mechanically, it's an...interesting way to implement Linked moves.  And also the last time we'd see that mechanic until Rescue Team DX brought it back.  I've not faced many enemy towers yet nor experimented with the mechanic much myself, but I do know I'm gonna carry rocks and spikes just in case I need to disassemble a tower.  All in all, a fun and unique thing to toy around with , but I'm not particularly bothered that it never came back.

Music's also great (when it isn't super slow and laggy).  Though I did notice they borrowed some assets from EoS in that department...

(05-07-2020, 01:29 PM)no one Wrote: No worries man. Was it your first time playing it? I love that game. Did a lot of playthroughs of it. Currently busy with the hardest level xD.

Yup, that was my first time playing through it.  Story was great (even though it was kinda obvious who the final boss was going to be almost from the beginning).  City that Never Sleeps DLC was a great scenario, too, and friggin' challenging to boot.

Walked away with every trophy except the New Game+ ones, so I'm pretty happy about that Smile No way am I going for a true 100% run, though. Those Challenge Tokens are nuts if you're doing that. Mad respect to anyone who takes the time to get the gold for all of those.

RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - no one - 05-07-2020

(05-07-2020, 02:26 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
(05-07-2020, 01:29 PM)no one Wrote: No worries man. Was it your first time playing it? I love that game. Did a lot of playthroughs of it. Currently busy with the hardest level xD.

Yup, that was my first time playing through it.  Story was great (even though it was kinda obvious who the final boss was going to be almost from the beginning).  City that Never Sleeps DLC was a great scenario, too, and friggin' challenging to boot.

Walked away with every trophy except the New Game+ ones, so I'm pretty happy about that Smile  No way am I going for a true 100% run, though.  Those Challenge Tokens are nuts if you're doing that.  Mad respect to anyone who takes the time to the gold for all of those.
DLC was pretty damn awesome. When I say the hardest level, I mean the hardest difficulty level. And I got gold in the challenge tokens for all of the other difficulties. Took forever though, I must say. Glad you enjoyed it.