Pokemon Uranium
[Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Uranium (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum)
+-- Forum: Misc and fun stuff (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Roleplaying (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows (/showthread.php?tid=1946)

RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Lord Windos - 02-04-2021

(02-04-2021, 10:23 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
(02-04-2021, 10:20 PM)Lord Windos Wrote:
(02-04-2021, 10:15 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
(02-04-2021, 10:03 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: Hmm....alright, looks like only Pyra can learn Stone Edge, since G-Ziggies and Ralts can't. In that case, got a question for you, Dragonstrike: are you open to Move Based Surprises! like Iron was in his campaign? Because I got an idea for one for it I'd like to run by you, if you're partial to hear it.

Possibly.

Vague and too short, your answer is mate. My proposal ain't aiming to make SE bullshit busted, if you're skeptical about that. All I wanted was to lower its BP by 1 and/or increasing its Accuracy Penalty by 1/2 in exchange for making it Spread for a lowish amount of XP. Everyone but Kogeki and Pyra has access to Spread Damage, and I'd like to patch that deficiency up in someway without waiting on a copy of Rock Slide or for a tutor for Heat Wave to open up somewhere.

Well, in terms of in game time, I will say it shouldn't be long before a tutor for Heat Wave becomes available.

You did something similar for Stone Edge in SR, right?  How much exp did that cost again?

True, but then there is the cost of getting Heat Wave in of itself in that case, and Pyra already has Ember for her go to Fire Move. Not that it is bad to get more STAB, given the battle system you are using, but having more coverage to hit stuff that Fire or Dark can't so well  is something to consider.

Hmm....well, in my notes for SR I got 25 XP for Making SE Spread without any downsides, but that was during the late game of Iron's Campaign (AKA Skull Ruins crawl), and I'm not entirely certain if he didn't let it go down to 20 XP. Given that you seemed to be more keen to make things balanced, I'd say you'd probably up the price on making it Spread, so that's why I figured taking on a downside to a Surprise! upgrade would lower its cost to something less pricey.

RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Dragonstrike - 02-04-2021

(02-04-2021, 10:29 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: True, but then there is the cost of getting Heat Wave in of itself in that case, and Pyra already has Ember for her go to Fire Move. Not that it is bad to get more STAB, given the battle system you are using, but having more coverage to hit stuff that Fire or Dark can't so well  is something to consider.

Hmm....well, in my notes for SR I got 25 XP for Making SE Spread without any downsides, but that was during the late game of Iron's Campaign (AKA Skull Ruins crawl), and I'm not entirely certain if he didn't let it go down to 20 XP. Given that you seemed to be more keen to make things balanced, I'd say you'd probably up the price on making it Spread, so that's why I figured taking on a downside to a Surprise! upgrade would lower its cost to something less pricey.

Personally, I'd still like to save those kinds of surprises for the later in the game as well, to be honest.  Thinking it over, though, I think I can build move related Surprises into a function of Hawlucha's Slam School since that's the facility all about teaching and relearning moves.  It'd be a fairly advanced technique, though, so it wouldn't be available right away.  Sound fair?

RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Lord Windos - 02-04-2021

(02-04-2021, 10:35 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
(02-04-2021, 10:29 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: True, but then there is the cost of getting Heat Wave in of itself in that case, and Pyra already has Ember for her go to Fire Move. Not that it is bad to get more STAB, given the battle system you are using, but having more coverage to hit stuff that Fire or Dark can't so well  is something to consider.

Personally, I'd still like to save those kinds of surprises for the later in the game as well, to be honest.  Thinking it over, though, I think I can build move related Surprises into a function of Hawlucha's Slam School since that's the facility all about teaching and relearning moves.  It'd be a fairly advanced technique, though, so it wouldn't be available right away.  Sound fair?

Yeah....that's one route I figured you go for, and yeah your proposal sounds fair. However, I'm not keen on shelling out 3k Poke for the promise of making it Spread via another service that'll cost something and possibly still make it worse who know how far down the line, so ultimately I will have to pass on getting Stone Edge. The more strings attached to a deal, the less I want it unless it is offering something absolutely fantastic. Rock Type Coverage, powerful as it is, does not fall in that category for Pyra, as she hits Bug and Ice hard already and has Bite for neutral STAB on most Flying and Fire types. I'll hold out on Heat Wave tutoring and/or Rock Slide TM, for now.

RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Spiritmon - 02-05-2021

(02-04-2021, 08:17 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:

Even I forget how much money I had storage in my account.

For simplicity sake Kogeki will deposit the money from his account, R$1.130 and deposit in the group account too for the group to use it. Keep notes about it @PhantomUnderYourDesk.

And about items me thinks the X-rays Specs could help everyone a lot so I willing to give my money to help the group in buy it.

RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Spiritmon - 02-05-2021

Oh fuck. A genie in the bottle. I don't know about you people free a genie is always a recipe for disaster. You get three wishes and then the genie find a way to twist your wish.

@no one

If you REALLY going to free that genie, at least make him swear to all things and in the name of the creator he will not do any harm to you, your friends or anyone in the town. And don't do any mischief things.

I had bad experience with Djinns on a campaigh I participate...

*Vietnam flashbacks*

RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - PhantomUnderYourDesk - 02-05-2021

(02-05-2021, 05:11 AM)Spiritmon Wrote: Even I forget how much money I had storage in my account.

For simplicity sake Kogeki will deposit the money from his account, R$1.130 and deposit in the group account too for the group to use it. Keep notes about it @Phantom.

Very well, I added those 1,130$P from Kogeki into the group account. It's 3,917$P now!~ Did you people not keep track of your money and Inventory? Huh, eh... Well, I did at least of my cash and Items.

*GASP* The Kecleon Shop has X-Ray Specs!! ヽ(°〇°)ノ It's soooooo tempting to outright buy these as having them early in-game comes of incredibly handy... But I don't want to spend those 9000$P, chances are we'll either find them within Mystery Dungeons, Treasure Boxes or get them for a cheaper price elsewhere. If we're lucky. And seems like here in the campaign they only tell us the number of Items and Foe Encounters on the floor instead of telling us where on the floor they are, that's a bit of a shame.

RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Dragonstrike - 02-05-2021

(02-05-2021, 03:44 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: And seems like here in the campaign they only tell us the number of Items and Foe Encounters on the floor instead of telling us where on the floor they are, that's a bit of a shame.

Actually, now that you bring this up and I've thought a little more about how the item would interact with how I'm handling the maps, I'd absolutely be able to tell you guys which rooms have items and wild pokemon.  So let's change it to what it traditionally does.  (Besides, for 9000, I think that's a suitably strong effect).

Still thinking about how I can condense the various sheets down into a single 'player resources' sheet and what kind of information needs to go on it, but it's definitely in the works.

RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - PhantomUnderYourDesk - 02-05-2021

(02-05-2021, 04:09 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: Actually, now that you bring this up and I've thought a little more about how the item would interact with how I'm handling the maps, I'd absolutely be able to tell you guys which rooms have items and wild pokemon.  So let's change it to what it traditionally does.  (Besides, for 9000, I think that's a suitably strong effect).

Ohhh, that's a very appreciated change!  Knowing where the foes and the Items are is what made/makes it so valuable for me when trying to collect loot and avoiding dangerous opponents. Hnnnnnngh, it's so tempting to buy it, but I'll still abstain from just doing so on the whim.

Well I say we should buy right away. Located objects? Find the locations of super duper valuable loot to Kee get the hands on them?

Me thinks this a pretty good investment who will have a awesome return.

Imagine locate Treasure Chests? Gold bars? Or even Arceus Elemental Plates! This will help us a lot in our quest.