Pokemon Uranium
[Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Uranium (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum)
+-- Forum: Misc and fun stuff (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Roleplaying (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows (/showthread.php?tid=1946)

RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Lord Windos - 02-09-2021

(02-09-2021, 08:19 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: @Spiritmon @PhantomUnderYourDesk @Lord Windos @no one

Okay, so I've merged some of the sheets and a small handful of my GM notes that would be useful for you guys to have a public reference to into the dungeon map sheet, retitled it as 'Player Resources', and changed the access link to allow edit permissions so that you guys can have an easier time of shuffling items and money around both in and out of character (know that I'll be watching those money tallies especially closely).  

Make sure that you still mention when you mention IC when you're depositing and/or withdrawing stuff from Kangaskhan Storage and Duskull Bank, of course.

Here's the new link to the sheet with edit perms.

I've left everyone's storage columns blank since I've not been keeping track of exactly what everyone has on hand, so I'll need you guys to fill that part out yourselves so that it's all up to date.  I'm keeping track of Karen's stuff, obviously, so no need to worry about her items.

....Your spreadsheets remind me of how much I love your style and organization of them and other such stuff. In any case, this will certainly make things MUCH easier for us to plan our....well, plans and tasks out, so I have to so thank you very much for taking the time to make it!

We don't say it enough, but I for one appreciate all the efforts you've made making this game such a fun and wonderful experience, and for your great patience dealing with the rough patches and slowdowns that come with a forums based game. You've pretty much become the successor to Iron where I floundered, and I couldn't be more proud and pleased with how you've handled everything. Keep up the great work, mate, and I'll keep up being a good player for you!

RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Lord Windos - 02-09-2021

(02-09-2021, 06:51 PM)Spiritmon Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 06:34 PM)Lord Windos Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 04:27 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: There is a cubic room. In each end there is a cat. Each cat is also sitting on a tail. How many cats you have in the room?

Are the ends the corners of each room? If so, are we also counting the corners on the ceiling?

Well, it's only 1 room. And yes, the corners is the ends of the room. And no, the ceiling doesn't count.

Hmm....in that case, one answer to that question is 4 X n. Because since their are four corner to the room, their has to be by default four cats by default, one in each corner. Since you added the condition that a cat is ' sitting on a tail' , however, that means at that count there is 4 * 2 cats in the room, with the 'new' set of cats sitting on the default's set. Since you added four new cats in the room, however, you now have 4 more tails that have to be sit on by a cat, so now there is 4 * 3 cats in the room (newest sitting on 'new', 'new' sitting on old). And so on and so forth until infinity, or until the room can not hold anymore cats (assuming the room isn't infinitely large).

If the room is REALLY small, though, then another answer could be just 4, if the cats are close enough to sit on each other's tail while sitting in their own corner. Or if the cats tails are ridiculously long. They could also be sitting on their own tails, leading to the answer also being four. And that is not going into the possibility that the tails they are sitting on in question are not actually cat tails like I'm assuming, but some other animal/thing's tail, which both simplifies and complicates answering the question (their are four cats, but also four + ? other things in the room?).

Your question is vague enough where all these and more are valid answers. I have a feeling, though, that this was less a serious question and more of a lead in to some sort of joke.

RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Spiritmon - 02-10-2021

The answer is more simple than you can think XD

The room only have cats. No other animal.

The room isn't large. 

The cats is also distant from each other.

They are also normal cats with normal size tails.

Each cat can also see up to 3 cats (bonus information) 

Want more tips before final answer?

RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Spiritmon - 02-10-2021

(02-09-2021, 08:19 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: @Spiritmon @PhantomUnderYourDesk @Lord Windos @no one

Okay, so I've merged some of the sheets and a small handful of my GM notes that would be useful for you guys to have a public reference to into the dungeon map sheet, retitled it as 'Player Resources', and changed the access link to allow edit permissions so that you guys can have an easier time of shuffling items and money around both in and out of character (know that I'll be watching those money tallies especially closely).  

Make sure that you still mention when you mention IC when you're depositing and/or withdrawing stuff from Kangaskhan Storage and Duskull Bank, of course.

Here's the new link to the sheet with edit perms.

I've left everyone's storage columns blank since I've not been keeping track of exactly what everyone has on hand, so I'll need you guys to fill that part out yourselves so that it's all up to date.  I'm keeping track of Karen's stuff, obviously, so no need to worry about her items.

Marvelous. Simple marvelous. This will make our life's much more easier and like very much the details and options available!

Can't to put into action this beauty!

RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Lord Windos - 02-10-2021

(02-10-2021, 08:17 AM)Spiritmon Wrote: The answer is more simple than you can think XD

The room isn't large. 

Never been good with these types pf question, so I suppose my other solution would be 'The Right Answer' . AKA, whatever you think is correct, mate! A bit of a cop out, but I'm not afraid to resort to such things not to be wrong in silly matters!

RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - PhantomUnderYourDesk - 02-10-2021

Ohhh, those is quite a fine compilation of player resources, good job there, Dragon! Saved a link to it for easy access, and will add what Kee has stored at Kanga in the respective section someday tomorrow simultaneously with doing a bit of clean-up in my own tab for stored item in Kee's charasheet.

Uh, also got a bit of a question @Dragonstrike: Despite there's a tab in the resources to list all mentioned and visited Mystery Dungeons, is it fine if I'll keep my own tab to list them in Kee's charasheet? Since I've added it almost (if not at?) at the beginning of the campaign, been keeping it updated and plan on continuing doing so. May I use the info about the Mystery Dungeons in the player resources to update/keep updating my own tab? It's easier for me if I can just switch a tab in Kee's charasheet to look up Mystery Dungeon instead of opening a complete new file.

(02-10-2021, 03:07 PM)Lord Windos Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 08:17 AM)Spiritmon Wrote: The answer is more simple than you can think XD

The room isn't large. 

Never been good with these types pf question, so I suppose my other solution would be 'The Right Answer' . AKA, whatever you think is correct, mate! A bit of a cop out, but I'm not afraid to resort to such things not to be wrong in silly matters!

I will give you the answer.

You were right in your second guess. It's only 4 cats in that room. Since a cubic room have 4 ends, and there is one cat in each one of those corners end. Each cat also sitting in their own tail.

The final clue was the bonus information I give. Each cat can see 3 cats in their own point of view. So the cats could see up to 3 cats.

So yeah, you were right in your second guess. This question many people usually get all types of answers: 8 cats. 16 cats. 3 cats. Etc.

Thats the catch. Sometimes the most difficult questions sometimes have the simplest answers. And sometimes, to much information doesn't mean power. Because it can make someone get confused and away from the right answer who is simple. And overthinking might lead to confusion.

So...yeah! You were right in the second guess! Have some pizza! *Offering plate of pizza*

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSilfVoin6KApr_C36Wt-i...A&usqp=CAU]

RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Dragonstrike - 02-10-2021

Glad you guys like the spreadsheet!  If you think of any other information that would be useful to have group access to, let me know and I'll add it to the sheet.

Quote:You've pretty much become the successor to Iron where I floundered, and I couldn't be more proud and pleased with how you've handled everything. Keep up the great work, mate, and I'll keep up being a good player for you!

You flatter me with the comparison to Iron, Windos.  I don't think I'm quite as skilled at this as Iron is yet, since this is my first large game that I'm GMing after all.  I have my own goals for my GMing style that I'd like to reach, though, and I'm glad to hear that you think I'm still staying roughly on track despite the recent hiccups.  Hears to an epic journey throughout the PMD world!

Quote:Uh, also got a bit of a question Dragonstrike: Despite there's a tab in the resources to list all mentioned and visited Mystery Dungeons, is it fine if I'll keep my own tab to list them in Kee's charasheet? Since I've added it almost (if not at?) at the beginning of the campaign, been keeping it updated and plan on continuing doing so. May I use the info about the Mystery Dungeons in the player resources to update/keep updating my own tab? It's easier for me if I can just switch a tab in Kee's charasheet to look up Mystery Dungeon instead of opening a complete new file.

Yeah, that's perfectly fine!  I'll be updating the one in the Player Resources myself as new dungeons are revealed/talked about, so make sure to check back for my own writeups on them.

RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Dragonstrike - 02-10-2021

Had a genius idea for the map to indicate where you guys are on it: I can use colored borders to highlight the tile(s) you're on!  Look for a blue border on the map.  Much easier than typing 'you are here' messages.

I'll also color code any information revealed on the map. Should make it prettier to look at and easier to understand at a glance.

RE: [Meta Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Lord Windos - 02-11-2021

(02-10-2021, 06:14 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: Had a genius idea for the map to indicate where you guys are on it: I can use colored borders to highlight the tile(s) you're on!  Look for a blue border on the map.  Much easier than typing 'you are here' messages.

I'll also color code any information revealed on the map.  Should make it prettier to look at and easier to understand at a glance.

Not bad, not bad at all! And you say you lack skill, mate! If you do, then you more than make up for it with ingenuity !

Hmm....well, we got Pokemon to our north and west of the room we're in (based on the map), and we need to hunt down that Hippo responsible for the Sandstorm so we can get to healing between Rooms, so I recommend we go to the west and see if we can't loop around to all the Pokemon tiles and eventually KO that sucker before we go Item hunting. Ultimately the decision rests with Phantom, and I trust they'll make the right one!