Pokemon Uranium
[Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Uranium (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum)
+-- Forum: Misc and fun stuff (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Roleplaying (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery (/showthread.php?tid=2386)

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Dragonstrike - 02-06-2020

(02-06-2020, 05:44 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: Well, Fire Blast is a move in my wishlist. Nagi could do wonders with such amazing move.

You have a lot of moves on that wishlist.  I can't realistically deliver all of them, tbh, and it's almost certain to have overlap with other players' wants.  It would likely take an entire campaign to learn them all.

To clarify, I didn't have any specific characters in mind when placing those TMs there. They're present for a different reason.

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Spiritmon - 02-06-2020

(02-06-2020, 05:49 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 05:44 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: Well, Fire Blast is a move in my wishlist. Nagi could do wonders with such amazing move.

You have a lot of moves on that wishlist.  I can't realistically deliver all of them, tbh, and it's almost certain to have overlap with other players' wants.  It would likely take an entire campaign to learn them all.

To clarify, I didn't have any specific characters in mind when placing those TMs there.  They're present for a different reason.

Cant help it buddy. With this campaigh limitation in use each move once per round, I need to get any move I can get. Normally I would only need one STAB move and thats all. But with the actual system now, I need to have more than one STAB move of the same type.

So dont blame me for have a long wishlist. Besides, Antarki dont have any Fire Moves in its evolution move learn. His Fire moves is only learn via TM and Move Tutor. Who is in this case:

Fire Blast
Flamethower
Overheat
And HeatWave

And those is the only Damage moves. The other fire moves he learn is:

Sunny Day and Willo-o-wisp

So, dont blame me for needed more than one move. You dont need to deliver all of them, only what is necessary for each char of us. So dont judge me.

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Dragonstrike - 02-06-2020

(02-06-2020, 06:00 PM)Spiritmon Wrote:

It's easier to determine what's necessary if the lists are smaller, instead of being almost every viable endgame STAB and coverage move the pokemon can learn...

i.e. I'd appreciate it greatly if you made my job easier.

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Spiritmon - 02-06-2020

(02-06-2020, 06:06 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 06:00 PM)Spiritmon Wrote:

It's easier to determine what's necessary if the lists are smaller, instead of being almost every viable endgame STAB and coverage move the pokemon can learn...

i.e. I'd appreciate it greatly if you made my job easier.

Well, you can determine what is necessary to put in the game. I just offer the list. Where and when those TMs is gonna appear is part of your job as DM. Not mine.

What you expect of my list would be?

"So Dragonstrike, here my Wishlist of moves."
"Okay Spiritmon. *Looking at the list* Uhh, there is only Flamethower here."
"Exatcly. Thats the only move that I need. Despite the fact each mon can only use one move per round, but since you are complaining the fact that my list is to much big, I decided to be only one move that I need."
"...."

Thats why is called "Wishlist" to begin with. Where and when those moves each Player can get, is up to you. If two players desire the same TM, we can work on deal, and if the other need that move more, I let him get and then I wait my time to get the move I desire later in the campaigh or in another moment. Or simple get some points in Training Session to teach the move for a pokemon of mine later. Problem fix.

So yeah, you have the lists. Do your DM magic thing. It is one of the burdens in be a GM. Get used to it.

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - PhantomUnderYourDesk - 02-06-2020

Something about that puzzles me, @Spiritmon: Why didn't you gave Antarki more Fire-STABs when planning the Pokemon already? We were allowed a free choice of three or four (can't exactly remember) moves per Pokemon that it only learns per TM/Breeding/Tutoring.

(02-06-2020, 06:22 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: Something about that puzzles me, @Spiritmon: Why didn't you gave Antarki more Fire-STABs when planning the Pokemon already? We were allowed a free choice of three or four (can't exactly remember) moves per Pokemon that it only learns per TM/Breeding/Tutoring.

Now that you mentioned, I dont really remember the reasons I didnt choose that. I suppose the reasons was these ones:

1 - I think I already choose certain moves since it was only 3 we could take. I believe my moves choices were: Hidden Power, Calm Mind and the last one I cant remember, but I pretty it was not a Fire-type move. I was trying to get moves who could be exploit by Antarki Prankster Ability with its full potential. I think I could have choose another move instead of Hidden Power and Calm Mind since those moves could be learn by 14 XP and 16 XP. 

2- I was kinda in hurry since Dragonstrike request very quick to finish build my party for a pre-campaigh for us to get used to the battle system. And I though at the begining it would not have problems.

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Lord Windos - 02-06-2020

I would prefer if you didn't fuss too much at Dragonstrike about your Wishlist, Spirit mate. This IS a shortish test campaign (Relative to Iron's/Mine), so it's both a bit unreasonable and impractical for everyone to get everything on their Wishlists unless they were really really small (Like my Wishlist of Rocky Helmet, Calm Mind, Assault Vest, and Weather/Fossil Pokemon). I know the Single Move Mechanics is cumbersome to work with, but it's not totally prohibitive to do so, yes?

Sometimes, you have to make do with what you go, and press on. Good life lesson for anyone to take to heart, imo!

(02-06-2020, 06:17 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: So yeah, you have the lists. Do your DM magic thing. It is one of the burdens in be a GM. Get used to it.

I don't appreciate the mockery, Spirit.  And there's definitely excess moves on that list you PMed me.  It honestly looks more like a movelist than a wishlist.

As the GM, I do determine what shows up as well as when and how, but I'm not likely to refer to a list that long when placing stuff.  Odds are that I'd end up picking out a move on that list even if I didn't look at it at all (like with what just happened).

It's not my job to determine exactly what your pokemon need to succeed.  That's yours, as they're part of your character sheet.

So please do me a favor and narrow down that list a little if you have the time.  It would make my job so much easier.

Edit: And Windos also makes a very good point about this being a smaller game (for now), and that the odds of more than a handful of those moves appearing during the course of it are very, very small. Even moreso since we're approaching the end of the test game.

Argh fine. Here my mini wishlist:

Hime:
Air Slash
X-scizor
Baton Pass
Hidden Power

Susano:
Coral Break
Rest
Sleep Talk

Gama:
Ice Windy
Acrobatics
Brutal Swing

Antarki:
Flamethower
Energy Ball
Heatwave
Trick Room

Dramsama:
Nastly Plot
Skill Swap
Transform

Cocancer:
Shell Smash
Wood Hammer
Coral Break
Hidden Power
Infestation

Done. It is a better list @Dragonstrike?
Edit: Forgot Hime Hidden Power

(02-06-2020, 07:01 PM)Spiritmon Wrote:

Much better.  Thank you.