Pokemon Uranium
[Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Uranium (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum)
+-- Forum: Misc and fun stuff (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Roleplaying (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery (/showthread.php?tid=2386)

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Lord Windos - 02-12-2020

Question, Dragonstrike: Does Transform also copy the Skills and Specialties of the Target too? Because it doesn't have any combat Stats besides its raw Attributes and high Survival/Alert in the stat block you provided, yet I noticed it had them in its Fight against Kogeki. In a similar vein, does Transform also alter the personality of the Pokemon in question in your campaign (As in, Natures and Happiness/Loyalty/Disobedience) ?

Also, if Ditto used Transform on Sally/Milotic, would they gain her Aura Speak/Telepathy ?

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Dragonstrike - 02-12-2020

(02-12-2020, 02:18 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: Question, Dragonstrike: Does Transform also copy the Skills and Specialties of the Target too? Because it doesn't have any combat Stats besides its raw Attributes and high Survival/Alert in the stat block you provided, yet I noticed it had them in its Fight against Kogeki. In a similar vein, does Transform also alter the personality of the Pokemon in question in your campaign (As in, Natures and Happiness/Loyalty/Disobedience) ?

Also, if Ditto used Transform on Sally/Milotic, would they gain her Aura Speak/Telepathy ?

Skills and Specialties are copied too, yes.  The only stat not copied is HP.

Yes, expect slightly altered personalities when Transformed.  They won't be exactly the same (Ditto will still be aware it's a Ditto), but an out of control mon will still be difficult to command (Ditto just uses its own Loyalty versus the target's Disobedience). Failing a Disobedience check will usually mean that Ditto defaults to the target's usual strategies and tendencies instead of what was ordered.

Transform copies most Surprises, so yes.

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Lord Windos - 02-12-2020

(02-12-2020, 02:23 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: Skills and Specialties are copied too, yes.  The only stat not copied is HP.

Yes, expect slightly altered personalities when Transformed.  They won't be exactly the same (Ditto will still be aware it's a Ditto), but an out of control mon will still be difficult to command (Ditto just uses its own Loyalty versus the target's Disobedience).  Failing a Disobedience check will usually mean that Ditto defaults to the target's usual strategies and tendencies instead of what was ordered.

Transform copies most Surprises, so yes.

Ah, I see. That means using Transform more or less converts Ditto into whatever I want it to, which means that the best Targets for it are Lucas' less Disobedient Pokemon , given that they have a full DPP adventure's worth of training and XP invested in them, plus who know what other challenges happened afterwards.

Hmm....which means Transforming Ditto into a Disobedient or Shadow Pokemon would probably result in it going berserk or shan't do anything of help without causing bunches of problems. In that case, it's probably better off having it Transform into one of the group's Pokemon that don't have Disobedience problems to avoid that issue entirely, until it gets a bit more Loyalty instilled within them.

This brings up another interesting question: what would happen if Ditto Transformed into a Mega Evolved Pokemon with its current Loyalty/Happiness of 0 ? Would they just end up going berserk/crazy/wild/weird, or would they end up bypassing that drawback on the merit of it not actually Mega Evolving itself? I'm also curious what Transforming them into Mega Diam would do to their personality, given she's moderately Disobedient and Mega Evos having a tendacy to bring out the worst in a Pokemon if we go by the Alola descriptions of some Megas...

Next, does it Transforming into a Pokemon also copy their Hidden Power in its entirety, or would it get a HP that is unique to them , sorta like in the main games and Iron's campaign?

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Dragonstrike - 02-12-2020

(02-12-2020, 02:53 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: This brings up another interesting question: what would happen if Ditto Transformed into a Mega Evolved Pokemon with its current Loyalty/Happiness of 0 ? Would they just end up going berserk/crazy/wild/weird, or would they end up bypassing that drawback on the merit of it not actually Mega Evolving itself? I'm also curious what Transforming them into Mega Diam would do to their personality, given she's moderately Disobedient and Mega Evos having a tendacy to bring out the worst in a Pokemon if we go by the Alola descriptions of some Megas...

Next, does it Transforming into a Pokemon also copy their Hidden Power in its entirety, or would it get a HP that is unique to them , sorta like in the main games and Iron's campaign?

Ditto Transforming into a Mega will not cause it to go berserk on the merit of Mega Energies.  Note: Megas aren't all bad either.  Mega Pinsir is just happy to be flying : D  The Let's Go Mega Dex entries are also fairly tame by comparison to Alola's.

Hidden Power is unique to each individual, and Ditto has its own unique one, just like any other pokemon.  It cannot copy another pokemon's at all.

(02-12-2020, 02:59 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 02:53 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: This brings up another interesting question: what would happen if Ditto Transformed into a Mega Evolved Pokemon with its current Loyalty/Happiness of 0 ? Would they just end up going berserk/crazy/wild/weird, or would they end up bypassing that drawback on the merit of it not actually Mega Evolving itself? I'm also curious what Transforming them into Mega Diam would do to their personality, given she's moderately Disobedient and Mega Evos having a tendacy to bring out the worst in a Pokemon if we go by the Alola descriptions of some Megas...

Ditto Transforming into a Mega will not cause it to go berserk on the merit of Mega Energies.  Note: Megas aren't all bad either.  Mega Pinsir is just happy to be flying : D  The Let's Go Mega Dex entries are also fairly tame by comparison to Alola's.

Hidden Power is unique to each individual, and Ditto has its own unique one, just like any other pokemon.  It cannot copy another pokemon's at all.

Huh, didn't know that ! That's a relief that not all Megas have problems with their new forms!

Alright, in that case, since Kogeki's Pokemon know HP and I imagine Ran knows that by now and would eventually be curious enough to Transform Ditto into one of them to find out what theirs would be, what would be Ditto's HP ?

Final questions I have about Ditto for now is how long can they stay Transformed as a Pokemon, and if they can Transform into people and Items (and if they would also copy the qualities/properties of said people and Items). Like say for example Ditto Transform into Ran, would Ditto Ran be able to command people like Original Ran (and if so, would Ran's Pokemon be Loyal and/or confused about him), and if Ditto Transformed into a TM, could they be 'used' like a regular TM without negative effects?

Oh, and if Spirit hasn't decided what Ditto's main personality trait would be Ditto's, I'd elect it to be Cool. From what little I saw from its behavoir during Kogeki's battle, it seems to be the elitest sort, in so far as 'I'm so better and more awesome than you!' Probably give it an Impish personality too based on that, but that's not entirely necessary.

(02-12-2020, 03:09 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: Alright, in that case, since Kogeki's Pokemon know HP and I imagine Ran knows that by now and would eventually be curious enough to Transform Ditto into one of them to find out what theirs would be, what would be Ditto's HP ?

Final questions I have about Ditto for now is how long can they stay Transformed as a Pokemon, and if they can Transform into people and Items (and if they would also copy the qualities/properties of said people and Items). Like say for example Ditto Transform into Ran, would Ditto Ran be able to command people like Original Ran (and if so, would Ran's Pokemon be Loyal and/or confused about him), and if Ditto Transformed into a TM, could they be 'used' like a regular TM without negative effects?

Oh, and if Spirit hasn't decided what Ditto's main personality trait would be Ditto's, I'd elect it to be Cool. From what little I saw from its behavoir during Kogeki's battle, it seems to be the elitest sort, in so far as 'I'm so better and more awesome than you!' Probably give it an Impish personality too based on that, but that's not entirely necessary.

I'll have to give it some thought.  Coming up with cool HPs takes time and creativity.  I'll get back to you on that later.

I haven't determined any exact times for Transform durations yet, but a skilled Ditto can stay Transformed almost indefinitely if they so choose (and aren't KOed).  They cannot perfectly copy humans, though.  Pokemon don't usually think and behave the same way, so passing as a human if looked at carefully is almost impossible.  Ditto cannot Transform into complex items like a TM, either.

Spirit opted for Ditto to have a boost to Smart, as he thought it had to have been quite clever to pull off a Perish Trap.  Granted, the slight personality change should probably also be accounted for, as Absol was a corrupted Shadow Pokemon when Ditto Transformed into it.

(02-12-2020, 03:22 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 03:09 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: Alright, in that case, since Kogeki's Pokemon know HP and I imagine Ran knows that by now and would eventually be curious enough to Transform Ditto into one of them to find out what theirs would be, what would be Ditto's HP ?

I'll have to gove it some thought.  Coming up with cool HPs takes time and creativity.  I'll get back to you on that later.

I haven't determined any exact times for Transform durations yet, but a skilled Ditto can stay Transformed almost indefinitely if they so choose (and aren't KOed).  They cannot perfectly copy humans, though.  Pokemon don't usually think and behave the same way, so passing as a human if looked at carefully is almost impossible.  Ditto cannot Transform into complex items like a TM, either.

Spirit opted for Ditto to have a boost to Smart, as he thought it had to have been quite clever to pull off a Perish Trap.  Granted, the slight personality change should probably also be accounted for, as Absol was a corrupted Shadow Pokemon when Ditto Transformed into it.

Alrighty! I don't mind if you just come up with a uninteresting but functionally useful HP for Ditto, though, as it's already cool enough with its Transforming powers.

Gotcha! Which means a moderately skilled Ditto like Ran's (If we go by its Level) could probably maintain a Transformation for at least 1 Encounter before having to give it a rest for a bit (if you want my opinion on it). And I will assume imperfect copy of humans = can't really command Pokemon like a human unless they're specifically trained too (which sorta defeats the point of its versatile Transformative nature, to specialize it so as a human of all creatures) , so I won't attempt any 'Making it an Extra Trainer' shenanigans for simplicity's shake on both our ends.

I'm fine with that too, so it can be Smart! Intelligence lends it own kind of ego to a being, so that could also explain its hoity attitude towards Kogeki (besides being pseudo-Shadowized) !

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Spiritmon - 02-12-2020

Yeah. Kogeki backstory is revealing piece by piece. He not just lost his arm and face. But he lost two important things.
The person he most care and love. And his faith not only on Aotios and Mutios. But ALL Legendary in general he hate. When you lost the person you love most, to who you beg to help? 

God. Or gods if you have other religion.

But what happens when even your god only give silence? What happens when you lost faith in happiness or future? When the only you can thing is blaming you, God and hate any Legendary Pokemon?

You have Kogeki. A person who lost much. And hate things with Godlike powers. Aka, Legendary.

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Spiritmon - 02-13-2020

Dragonstrike, before we going to the next day in-game, is there time for a training session?

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Dragonstrike - 02-13-2020

(02-13-2020, 09:08 AM)Spiritmon Wrote: Dragonstrike, before we going to the next day in-game, is there time for a training session?

You're welcome to attempt a training session.  However, do be warned that now that you aren't exploring the dungeon, your characters are starting to feel the effects of exhaustion again. Activities that require significant effort and focus may have a penalty to their roll.