Pokemon Uranium
[Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Uranium (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum)
+-- Forum: Misc and fun stuff (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Roleplaying (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery (/showthread.php?tid=2386)

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Lord Windos - 02-29-2020

(02-29-2020, 10:02 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
(02-29-2020, 09:58 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: Sweet! On that note, would it being a Shadow Pokemon + Being Confused increase the likelihood of it getting pissed at whatever Ran elects to say to it? And would TR allow Ran to make his 'taunt' before the Pokemon has a chance to do anything?

Possibly.  If you want to try and draw Steelix's attention, I'll definitely say that'll probably take up a whole trainer action since Randolph needs to actively be participating in the activity.  So a Max Potion plus Aggro Attempt would would be the two trainer actions for Round 2 if that's the route you wanted to take.

And yes, TR would allow Randolph to 'taunt' before Steelix moves.

Hmm....then I'll save Ran aggroing Steelix as his 2nd Trainer Action for the 2nd Round, as I want Paula being heal top priority on his and mine docket! Of course, depending on how my plans with Paula goes, I may not have to 'taunt' the hard 'n horrible beast....

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Lord Windos - 02-29-2020

(02-29-2020, 10:09 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
(02-29-2020, 10:08 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: I mean the ??? move.

I know.  It's not a Temtem reference.  I made this encounter looooooonnnnnnnngggg before I ever knew Temtem was a thing.

I know what the Move is: Its Diamond Storm, a Move that's supposed to be exclusive to Diance , correct? Since Diamond Steelix is....well, made of diamond, it having access to that Move makes too much sense. Nice and thoughtful addition, even though it's extremely painful and vexing for us!

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Dragonstrike - 02-29-2020

(02-29-2020, 10:13 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: I know what the Move is: Its Diamond Storm, a Move that's supposed to be exclusive to Diance , correct? Since Diamond Steelix is....well, made of diamond, it having access to that Move makes too much sense. Nice and thoughtful addition, even though it's extremely painful and vexing for us!

Yup!  Since you figured it out OOC, Randolph would know a little bit about it IC from some of his readings, no roll required.  Nothing exact, mostly just myths and legends about Carbink's true nature with nothing but speculation and rumor as a basis, but he would have heard juuuust enough to be able to identify the attack.

(02-29-2020, 10:21 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
(02-29-2020, 10:13 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: I know what the Move is: Its Diamond Storm, a Move that's supposed to be exclusive to Diance , correct? Since Diamond Steelix is....well, made of diamond, it having access to that Move makes too much sense. Nice and thoughtful addition, even though it's extremely painful and vexing for us!

Yup!  Since you figured it out OOC, Randolph would know a little bit about it IC from some of his readings, no roll required.  Nothing exact, mostly just myths and legends about Carbink's true nature with nothing but speculation and rumor as a basis, but he would have heard juuuust enough to be able to identify the attack.

Welp, let me make another post of Ran telling everyone about that, then!

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Spiritmon - 02-29-2020

(02-29-2020, 10:24 PM)Lord Windos Wrote:
(02-29-2020, 10:21 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:

Welp, let me make another post of Ran telling everyone about that, then!

I have a plan Windos. I can steal that Steelix Defenses with Daikatuna Snatch. That way, my Mega Fish will have a +2 Plus in defense and erase that pokemon defense boost!

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Spiritmon - 02-29-2020

(02-29-2020, 10:09 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
(02-29-2020, 10:08 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: I mean the ??? move.

I know.  It's not a Temtem reference.  I made this encounter looooooonnnnnnnngggg before I ever knew Temtem was a thing.

Ohhh right. Understood. But it is a awesome and useful move for a enemy to use. Just a question: Susano'o Snatch would work against that Diamond Steelix?

Uh....does Diakatuna know Snatch? Or some other Pokemon on your team? Because I the only Pokemon I got that's capable of the Move is stuck in Ran's PC right now, and I can't exactly get them out mid-Encounter without HUGE risk and time loss during it.

If they do, then by all means use it on it ASAP before using its Spread Hidden Power and Surf, because the less grief its Defense gives us, the better! If not (As in another Pokemon that Kogeki has in his party right now), then do that later in the future ASAP!

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Dragonstrike - 02-29-2020

He knows Snatch.

Only way to find out if it works on Diamond Steelix is to try!

Awesome! Also Dragon, I doing another level up. Level up Daikatuna Stealth from 2 to 3 to increase Snatch accuracy.

Alright, I'll get to making a post sometime later, as I need a little time to think out what I want to do with Paula exactly.

FYI for everyone's shake, Coal Onix A is still Asleep, CO B is currently Dug underground (and therefore is more vulnerable to EQ and Magnitude, if Lucas is reckless/desperate enough to use those Moves), and Steelix is Confused and has + 2 Defense, and both Onix are roughly half-fainted while Steelix is still fresh. Use this info wisely, Spirit!