Pokemon Uranium
[Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Uranium (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum)
+-- Forum: Misc and fun stuff (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Roleplaying (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery (/showthread.php?tid=2386)

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Spiritmon - 03-02-2020

(03-02-2020, 10:25 AM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 07:59 AM)Spiritmon Wrote: Well, I okay with the changes. The Sleep kinda get nerfed, but I can understand the changes in the book. I have a little question Dragonstrike. Shouldn't Snatch steal all buffs from Steelix, with the buff of Dex and Defense or Snatch only steal one Buff per use?

It should have been all buffs, yes, both positive and negative.  That's my bad for forgetting since it's been awhile since we've used that move.

I won't go back and alter that this time.  Changes too much.

EDIT: I'm reanalyzing how I want to balance Snatch, and whether it should steal debuffs as well to counter the lack of prediction it normally requires in the games (my original idea), or if it should only steal buffs so there's greater accuracy to how it functions in the games and the book.

I think it would be better to able to steal only one Buff per round to keep it balance, and not steal debuffs along with. But I let you decided which choice is the better.

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - PhantomUnderYourDesk - 03-02-2020

@Dragonstrike, concerning the new Cover Mechanics: So that basically means that if I were to ask a Pokemon to take cover behind an ally OR grant cover for an ally this will need an Action, but it won't if I ask to seek cover behind an inanimate object like the stalagmites in Kee & Co's fight against the dragons, is that correct?

Humm... I'm not too much of a fan of this, but I understand the sense behind it, that it needs the 'Mon's attention etc. to seek/grant cover behind/for something constantly moving. What I also see is potential for a cool scene, like the Trainer or a highly loyal 'Mon of their being super-daring and jump in to grant cover for a weak or insecure 'Mon (an own one or a wild) and impress it by that.( ÒωÓ)و☆ Totally nothing I see Kee doing

Think you could possibly start to collect all those edited/new mechanics you want to implemend in MainGame in a Google Doc. or similar and then provide it to all players for easy reference once said MainGame starts? Kinda like a cheat sheet, that'd be really helpful for me at least and will also make choosing and typing out Orders and Actions for battles faster and easier, and spare some headaches due to orders not being provided correctly as well as searching and looking up stuff in the corebook.

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Lord Windos - 03-02-2020

Uh....@Spiritmon....I'm sorta waiting on what you want to do with Kogeki for the next Round before I come to a final decision on what I want of Ran. I got several ideas, but they hinge on what decision your cyborg ninja ends up doing.

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Spiritmon - 03-02-2020

I actually don't know what to do. Right now, my other Pokemon is Nagi, Heracross, Hime and Monferno. Hime have Giga Drain and Absorb, Nagi have Special moves who ignore defences, Heracross have Arm Thrust and Monferno have both Special Fire Moves and only one Fighting move, Mach Punch.

Ideas mate?

Wait, isn't ghosts immune to trap hazards if I recall? If I bring Nagi will he be hit by Steelix trap?

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Lord Windos - 03-02-2020

(03-02-2020, 02:38 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: Wait, isn't ghosts immune to trap hazards if I recall? If I bring Nagi will he be hit by Steelix trap?

No, they're Immune to being Blocked, either by Moves or Abilities. If you want Hazard protection, you need a Pokemon with Magic Guard (Like Clefable or HA Alakazam/Espeon) .

(03-02-2020, 02:36 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: I actually don't know what to do. Right now, my other Pokemon is Nagi, Heracross, Hime and Monferno. Hime have Giga Drain and Absorb, Nagi have Special moves who ignore defences, Heracross have Arm Thrust and Monferno have both Special Fire Moves and only one Fighting move, Mach Punch.

Ideas mate?

If you're going to summon another Pokemon alongside Diakatuna (Do they have any SE Moves against Steel, btw?), I'd go with Heracross . The former may not end up following commands due to their Disobedience, but they have a large and effective Moveset that it can use regardless of what you ask of it. That, and you can just tell it that only SE Moves really hurt Diamond Steelix, so that whatever it ends up doing will hurt it.

Daikatuna doesn't have...the only moves cause something against Steelix would be Snatch and Nigh Slash. Most of Daikatuna moves is Normal, Water and Steel.

I could summon Heracross and Monferno/Nagi to summon hellfire or Punch that enemy. Shame Nami faint since she knows Focus Blast and would be very useful right now.

I guess Kogeki will need some Tutoring Training in Tsukinami. Dragonstrike, any of Kogeki learn a thing about Tutoring Training for Pokemon when he returns to Tsukinami? At least in 1 Point to easier to teach in the future?

(03-02-2020, 02:54 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: Daikatuna doesn't have...the only moves cause something against Steelix would be Snatch and Nigh Slash. Most of Daikatuna moves is Normal, Water and Steel.

I could summon Heracross and Monferno/Nagi to summon hellfire or Punch that enemy. Shame Nami faint since she knows Focus Blast and would be very useful right now.

Welp, guess the sword fish is going back into his Ball then, as the group needs to pile on as much SE Damage as possible on it!

Sounds like a plan, mate, if that's your final decision!