Pokemon Uranium
[Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Uranium (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum)
+-- Forum: Misc and fun stuff (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Roleplaying (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery (/showthread.php?tid=2386)

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Lord Windos - 03-09-2020

(03-09-2020, 02:57 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: No problem! I might need to use Will Points to make both Hypnosis and Focus Blast works. Problem is her total Will Points is 7 and it is half.

The moves she knows is Hypnosis, Nightmare, Dream Eater, Psywave, Night Shade, Peck, Light Screen, Reflect, Telekinesis, Hidden Power, Recover and Focus Blast.

Just in case though, make it a Conditional Action for Nami to use Night Shade in Place of Focus Blast if you can't use the later, or possibly Nightmare if Dialga falls Asleep and stays that way until her 3rd Action. Never hurts to take precautions for these sorts of things, you know!

Hmm....what level is Nami, btw? Because if its near a 10s threshold and she has any XP, you might want to invest in raising one of her Attributes or Skills in order to up the Damage of Night Shade, as it does Level of the User/10 worth of Flat Rolled Damage against a target.

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - PhantomUnderYourDesk - 03-09-2020

@Lord Windos, well basically I wanted to boost with Yurei and then batonpass that boost to my next 'Mon to make it even MORE powerful, that's why why I need the cover from Giratina to pull it off safely. Yurei's not much of an attacker herself, but she's a great supporter/debuffer with an even greater potential once she gathered enough XP for Agility~
Well, Kee's deiberately designed as a daredevil who tends to do the craziest stuff if he thinks it's right and to protect those he cares for, which does allow me to try out the wildest actions and combos in battle I can think of. So Ran has all right to see him as insane!~

@Dragonstrike, about that cover behind Giratina - Is it possible to take cover behind them while not performing an Action and leap out of that cover for an attack, then take cover again? This taking-cover doesn't (yet) take an extra-action, right?

@Spiritmon, sounds like a fine plan of action to me!~

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Dragonstrike - 03-09-2020

(03-09-2020, 03:13 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: Dragonstrike, about that cover behind Giratina - Is it possible to take cover behind them while not performing an Action and leap out of that cover for an attack, then take cover again? This taking-cover doesn't (yet) take an extra-action, right?

If you break cover to attack, then you'll be vulnerable to whatever Dialga's next action is before you can take cover again.

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Spiritmon - 03-09-2020

(03-09-2020, 03:08 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: Just in case though, make it a Conditional Action for Nami to use Night Shade in Place of Focus Blast if you can't use the later, or possibly Nightmare if Dialga falls Asleep and stays that way until her 3rd Action. Never hurts to take precautions for these sorts of things, you know!

Hmm....what level is Nami, btw? Because if its near a 10s threshold and she has any XP, you might want to invest in raising one of her Attributes or Skills in order to up the Damage of Night Shade, as it does Level of the User/10 worth of Flat Rolled Damage against a target.

Right now, she is level 40, so Psywave and Nighshade will have a base power of 4.

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Lord Windos - 03-09-2020

(03-09-2020, 03:13 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: @Lord Windos, well basically I wanted to boost with Yurei and then batonpass that boost to my next 'Mon to make it even MORE powerful, that's why why I need the cover from Giratina to pull it off safely. Yurei's not much of an attacker herself, but she's a great supporter/debuffer with an even greater potential once she gathered enough XP for Agility~
Well, Kee's deiberately designed as a daredevil who tends to do the craziest stuff if he thinks it's right and to protect those he cares for, which does allow me to try out the wildest actions and combos in battle I can think of. So Ran has all right to see him as insane!~

@Dragonstrike, about that cover behind Giratina - Is it possible to take cover behind them while not performing an Action and leap out of that cover for an attack, then take cover again? This taking-cover doesn't (yet) take an extra-action, right?

@Spiritmon, sounds like a fine plan of action to me!~

Huh, that's a pretty clever strat I can get behind! I see no way it could screw the group over, bar Yurei accidently BPing to Dialga (Oh noes!), so you're plan is good by me and needs no fine tuning!

Delightful! Can't wait to see what that devil may care attitude will bring him in the epic final battle (and how much my character seethes at their blithe and insane 'stupidity' ) !

Before you get start on writing Orders, do you have any other Insights and questions you want to share about Dialga and/or the upcoming battle in general, or want to make any Knowledge/Lore/etc. checks to see if you (and by extention everyone else) can glean more info before we take the plunge and write our Orders?

Like for example, I've just remember this: regular Debuffs are not likely to work against Shadow Primal Dialga except possibly Turbo Sleep from Mega Dramsama and Confusion if they're anything like Iron's PD Bosses, with the former because their PD Ability may or may not lend itself to screwing with even Legends, and the later because it's been repeatidly shown with all other Shadow Pokemon that they are susceptible to the Status and generally going into a blind berserk rage at the drop of a dime. Heck, even Diamond Steelix was affected by Confusion, even when Flinch and Sleep bounced right off its semi-PDed Diamond Skin Ability. So if any has access to easy to proc Confusion on their Pokemon , that might be something to consider inflicting on the Time Lord.

Also, due to them controlling Time, Status Effects may not last as long or just vanish entirely depending on how much self-time distortion it goes through from its feral/Shadow RAGES. Just a heads up, mates!

(03-09-2020, 03:21 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: Right now, she is level 40, so Psywave and Nighshade will have a base power of 4.

That should be good enough, so don't sweat it mate!!

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Spiritmon - 03-09-2020

(03-09-2020, 03:26 PM)Lord Windos Wrote:
(03-09-2020, 03:21 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: Right now, she is level 40, so Psywave and Nighshade will have a base power of 4.

Alright mate! Also, she have 22 XP. I was thinking in get her some good bunch XP to get Transform later. But maybe I should focus in other stats.

I also notice something: I was stupid. Because since I forget Espeon know Barrier moves, I could have give Rui my Light Clay for Espeon hold and get us a extra time to have defenses. 

Damn. Its to late now since we are in the middle of the fight.

(03-09-2020, 04:05 PM)Spiritmon Wrote:
(03-09-2020, 03:26 PM)Lord Windos Wrote:

(...)

I also notice something: I was stupid. Because since I forget Espeon know Barrier moves, I could have give Rui my Light Clay for Espeon hold and get us a extra time to have defenses. 

Transform is actually a good Move to work towards, as even with its inherent limitations having the capability to have one Pokemon become another is increadibly powerful and useful, especially if Nami's default strat and Moves wouldn't work well against a particular opponent. Doubly so if whatever she Transforms into is stronger than your current party!

*Pats back* There there, we ALL forgot about that detail, so don't get too overwrought about it. We'll make do with what we have, and create the rest as we go along with our plans, like always!

(03-09-2020, 03:13 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote:

In my opinion, thats a awesome plan of action too. With some luck, Nami Hypnosis might work against Primal Dialga, and then this will give everyone enough time to prepare buffs. And let your plan to work. And Nami will be able to set the Light Screen for everyone safety!

Dragonstrike, since you already gona take the job in roll the dice of moves of everyone and write the scene of this battle, do you mind if I make the description of Nami Mega Evolution? I have a few ideas how the scene will happen, so that way your job will be easier. Unless you have something in mind?

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Dragonstrike - 03-09-2020

(03-09-2020, 04:05 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: I also notice something: I was stupid. Because since I forget Espeon know Barrier moves, I could have give Rui my Light Clay for Espeon hold and get us a extra time to have defenses. 

Karen also gave Espeon the Mind Plate to use.