Pokemon Uranium
[Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Uranium (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum)
+-- Forum: Misc and fun stuff (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Roleplaying (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery (/showthread.php?tid=2386)

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Spiritmon - 06-24-2019

Uh, I don't like be a little lame or something, but I already decided what Pokemon to send and changed a bit the wager of this battle for 900 Pokedollars. I kinda waiting for her Pokemon be sent and iniative stuff

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Dragonstrike - 06-24-2019

(06-24-2019, 09:51 AM)Spiritmon Wrote: Uh, I don't like be a little lame or something, but I already decided what Pokemon to send and changed a bit the wager of this battle for 900 Pokedollars. I kinda waiting for her Pokemon be sent and iniative stuff

I know you guys are waiting on me.  As I said though, I've been rather busy recently.  I will get to starting the battles once I am able to.  I simply just haven't had the time the last few days.  I'll have all of tomorrow free to finally get to these battles.  Please be patient in the meanwhile.

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Dragonstrike - 06-24-2019

(06-22-2019, 06:05 AM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: Ohhh, you've been planning to do that for the third Encounter of today? I do wish to join, I do please! ^0^ ...May I?

Keep in mind that everyone besides Kee will have used all 3 of their standard encounter slots after these battles.

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Spiritmon - 06-24-2019

(06-24-2019, 10:31 AM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
(06-24-2019, 09:51 AM)Spiritmon Wrote: Uh, I don't like be a little lame or something, but I already decided what Pokemon to send and changed a bit the wager of this battle for 900 Pokedollars. I kinda waiting for her Pokemon be sent and iniative stuff

I know you guys are waiting on me.  As I said though, I've been rather busy recently.  I will get to starting the battles once I am able to.  I simply just haven't had the time the last few days.  I'll have all of tomorrow free to finally get to these battles.  Please be patient in the meanwhile.

Understood. Take as much time you need Dragon.

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - PhantomUnderYourDesk - 06-24-2019

(06-24-2019, 10:45 AM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
(06-22-2019, 06:05 AM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: Ohhh, you've been planning to do that for the third Encounter of today? I do wish to join, I do please! ^0^ ...May I?

Keep in mind that everyone besides Kee will have used all 3 of their standard encounter slots after these battles.

(°〇°) Really? I wasn't keeping track of the Encounter Slots this time, but in that case this means exploration of the Temple will happen on the next in-game Day then, right? That's very fine, no problem! I guess I can throw out a small Training Session after everything with Prof.Rowan has been discussed so that my chara's out of Slots as well.

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Spiritmon - 06-25-2019

ItsI a bit off topic, but it's so freaking amazing:

Scottish trainer is best trainer.

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Lord Windos - 06-25-2019

Huh.....so being Poisoned and having an Ancient Power boost gave Gastrodon a third Typing in Poison? Interesting.......

Ironically, that ain't the best development defensively speaking, as that means Delta Gastrodon has Three Weakness (2X Grass, Psychic, and Ground) due to being Poisonous now. Offensively, getting more Moves and STABs to work with is great, though, so it sorta balances out?

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Dragonstrike - 06-25-2019

(06-25-2019, 02:55 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: Huh.....so being Poisoned and having an Ancient Power boost gave Gastrodon a third Typing in Poison? Interesting.......

Ironically, that ain't the best development defensively speaking, as that means Delta Gastrodon has Three Weakness (2X Grass, Psychic, and Ground) due to being Poisonous now. Offensively, getting more Moves and STABs to work with is great, though, so it sorta balances out?

Meditite was the one that was Poisoned, not Shellos/Gastrodon.  That was all due to Ancient Power!

Don't forget the Poison typing also grants additional resistances to Poison, Fighting, and Bug as well.

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Dragonstrike - 06-25-2019

Hmmmmm...regarding Evades and Clashes, which way would you guys prefer we use them?

a) Using them takes up your whole Turn, preventing you from taking another action until your next Turn.  Conditional Orders for Evading/Clashing generally only work when you're slower than your opponent in this case, and you have to dedicate a whole Action to Evading/Clashing.  Ironically, this makes it hard for speedy characters to abuse them unless they know they're facing a really slow/weakened opponent and can attempt to dodge everything, then fight back.  This is the method I used during Randolph's battle with Candice and Octavia's Swift.

b) Using them does not take up your whole Turn, but still counts towards your number of Actions for the Round as normal (makes it a little more work for me to keep track of when moves are being fired off if Turns are being used that quickly, but it generally makes them more useful even if you're faster than the opponent).  Initiative doesn't matter in this instance, only that you still have actions remaining in the current Round of combat, but there's little to no reason to dedicate an entire Action to Evading/Clashing in this case.  This is the method I just used for Core's Flamethrower.

At this point in time, I think I'm leaning towards option b), if only to make the two specialties more useful (particularly Evasion, since being too speedy in option a) can be more of a hindrance than a help due to it being harder to utilize that specialty you've invested in).

----------------------------------------

And on a related note, what did you guys think of the thing I did with that Flamethrower Clash?  I imagine that if you were to Clash with a physical move, some of the force of the move that impeded the attack would still reach your target.  Different story if you're clashing with things like laser beams and other ranged attacks, though. Hopefully that make Clash a little bit more appealing in the face of Evasion.

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Lord Windos - 06-25-2019

(06-25-2019, 05:54 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: Hmmmmm...regarding Evades and Clashes, which way would you guys prefer we use them?

a) Using them takes up your whole Turn, preventing you from taking another action until your next Turn.  Conditional Orders for Evading/Clashing generally only work when you're slower than your opponent in this case, and you have to dedicate a whole Action to Evading/Clashing.  Ironically, this makes it hard for speedy characters to abuse them unless they know they're facing a really slow/weakened opponent and can attempt to dodge everything, then fight back.  This is the method I used during Randolph's battle with Candice and Octavia's Swift.

b) Using them does not take up your whole Turn, but still counts towards your number of Actions for the Round as normal (makes it a little more work for me to keep track of when moves are being fired off if Turns are being used that quickly, but it generally makes them more useful even if you're faster than the opponent).  Initiative doesn't matter in this instance, only that you still have actions remaining in the current Round of combat, but there's little to no reason to dedicate an entire Action to Evading/Clashing in this case.  This is the method I just used for Core's Flamethrower.

At this point in time, I think I'm leaning towards option b), if only to make the two specialties more useful (particularly Evasion, since being too speedy in option a) can be more of a hindrance than a help due to it being harder to utilize that specialty you've invested in).

----------------------------------------

And on a related note, what did you guys think of the thing I did with that Flamethrower Clash?  I imagine that if you were to Clash with a physical move, some of the force of the move that impeded the attack would still reach your target.  Different story if you're clashing with things like laser beams and other ranged attacks, though.  Hopefully that make Clash a little bit more appealing in the face of Evasion.

To clarify:

A) If Option A is used, does that mean if an opponent Evades or Clashes with our Pokemon, they can only do those Actions for the rest of the Round? Or does it mean that you can't use Conditional Orders if you choose to Evade/Clash at some point in a character's Action que? Or when an Opponent Evades/Clashes, does their Turn end right there?

B) How do Evasions and Clashes constitute towards the Move and Turn Limit of battles?

Personally, I've already expressed my thoughts on Evasion and how it should be reworked to be more fair/balanced, and as it stand/from what I understand neither of these options really address the issue I have with it. If I had to choose based on what I understand of your options now, I'd choose Option A, as if Evasion is going to be exploitable as it stands/as it was in Candice's Battle with Ran, then I want to be able to exploit it myself too and make it less useful for the very types of charas that could exploit it most effectively. Its how I was able to screw over her Weavile in the first place, so I rather that flaw with Evasion remain. On my end, Beethoven, Stymph, and Zorn could all easily get 3 Evasion Points and just start Evading the Actions of their Opponents, then set up and fight back when it's convenient for them, or just go on the offense straight away if they're faster, so they benefit from Option A regardless. 

The only Pokemon I'd invest in Clash right now would be Diam, Puck, and one of Ran's unrevealed , as they're not geared towards Evasion really. 

----

Logically, I find your interp. sound, but mechanically I don't like it. If you Clash, then it shouldn't matter if the Move is Special vs Physical or vice versa. If the defender succeeds in the Clash, then it should always be fully effective in blunting the Damage of ALL Moves involved in the Clash imo. Otherwise, I'd rather take my chances with either Evasion or just tanking the hit and returning back with a non-nerfed Move.