Pokemon Uranium
[Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Uranium (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum)
+-- Forum: Misc and fun stuff (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Roleplaying (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery (/showthread.php?tid=2386)

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Lord Windos - 07-07-2019

(07-07-2019, 01:04 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: There is also one other key difference between Sitrus/Oran berries and Type Resist ones.

Sitrus/Oran berries don't trigger until after the damage was dealt, and thus can't prevent OHKOs.  TR berries trigger before the damage is dealt, and are thus more effective at preventing KOs, even if only barely. Sitrus/Oran can't do anything if you're KOed .

There's a reason that TR berries see only niche use competitively, though.

I was aware of that, yes, but as I mentioned its pretty rare for a Pokemon to outright OHKO a foe in Pokerole unless they're either MEGA STRONK!, the opposition is made of fluff and puff, some combination of the previous two, and/or you're using OHKO Moves. The fact TR Berries trigger upon the first Move that procs them too can also be an issue, as that means they can't be 'saved' for later, stronger/More Damaging Moves. And even if a Pokemon Faints before they can use their Sitrus, at least they still have it for a later Encounter (Or can use it instantly if Revived, even if you implement 50% HP Threshold since they'll be at said point upon revival). TR Berries are very much 'All or None' in their usage, and they tend to lean towards 'None' the higher among of Damage a Pokemon can deal to an opponent.

Yeap, though just because that's the case doesn't mean they can't be reworked to be more generally useful in Pokerole. That's up to you in the end, though.

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Spiritmon - 07-07-2019

In case we make more berries, could Aspido Harvest ability make some more?

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Dragonstrike - 07-07-2019

(07-07-2019, 02:37 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: In case we make more berries, could Aspido Harvest ability make some more?

Aspido usually has to consume a berry to grow one more.  Given enough time and berries, he could possibly start growing them on his own in the future like a Tropius.  Sitrus Berries are his favorite, and the kind he's closest to growing naturally.

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Spiritmon - 07-07-2019

(07-07-2019, 03:48 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
(07-07-2019, 02:37 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: In case we make more berries, could Aspido Harvest ability make some more?

Aspido usually has to consume a berry to grow one more.  Given enough time and berries, he could possibly start growing them on his own in the future like a Tropius.  Sitrus Berries are his favorite, and the kind he's closest to growing naturally.

Hmm interesting. When you say time and consumer of berries, it could be in battles? The adrenaline of battle could help with such process?

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Dragonstrike - 07-07-2019

(07-07-2019, 04:12 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: Hmm interesting. When you say time and consumer of berries, it could be in battles? The adrenaline of battle could help with such process?

It takes a lot more than a few battles for a Harvest mon to start growing berries naturally.  They count towards the total, though.

(07-07-2019, 04:17 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
(07-07-2019, 04:12 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: Hmm interesting. When you say time and consumer of berries, it could be in battles? The adrenaline of battle could help with such process?

It takes a lot more than a few battles for a Harvest mon to start growing berries naturally.  They count towards the total, though.

Could be possible for unlocking by Surprises like in other campaigns? Like...40/45 XP to unlocking other effects in these abilities?

(07-07-2019, 04:20 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: Could be possible for unlocking by Surprises like in other campaigns? Like...40/45 XP to unlocking other effects in these abilities?

I'll have to think about the cost for that surprise, but yes, that is something I could allow for a Harvest user. It would likely be affected by how close the mon is to acquiring the effect naturally.

(07-07-2019, 04:55 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
(07-07-2019, 04:20 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: Could be possible for unlocking by Surprises like in other campaigns? Like...40/45 XP to unlocking other effects in these abilities?

I'll have to think about the cost for that surprise, but yes, that is something I could allow for a Harvest user.  It would likely be affected by how close the mon is to acquiring the effect naturally.

Talking about XP I think it's time to burn some right?

First, raise Gama Survival from 3 to 4.

Second, raise Dramsama Survival from 3 to 4. That way, her initiative will raise.

Third, teach Aspido Mega Drain.

(07-07-2019, 06:40 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: Talking about XP I think it's time to burn some right?

Second, raise Dramsama Survival from 3 to 4. That way, her initiative will raise.

Make sure to increase their Levels as appropriate as well.

(07-07-2019, 06:50 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
(07-07-2019, 06:40 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: Talking about XP I think it's time to burn some right?

Make sure to increase their Levels as appropriate as well.

Thinking better, I going to save Nami XP for late her to learn Transform or Recover. Both moves are greatly useful, and with illusion, she will be able to surprise most enemies.

A quick question around Transform mechanics Dragon: Is gonna copy the stats change of the foe too along with his normal ones? And upon Transformed, she will only use moves of the foe, or can use her own moves too? 

Another quick question: If she Mega Evolve, and use Transform, will her keep the Mega Boost too along wuwi other stats?