Pokemon Uranium
[Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Uranium (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum)
+-- Forum: Misc and fun stuff (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Roleplaying (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery (/showthread.php?tid=2386)

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Mikaruge108 - 07-14-2019

The howling encounter appeals to me so i'll take that one

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Lord Windos - 07-14-2019

(07-14-2019, 08:00 AM)Mikaruge108 Wrote: The howling encounter appeals to me so i'll take that one

Spiritmon has already claimed it, so you'll have to ask them if they are willing to do Encounters 1/4 instead of it, or choose one of them instead.

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Mikaruge108 - 07-14-2019

Ahh, shoot, in that case, I'll take on the pillars.

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Lord Windos - 07-14-2019

FYI about the Icy Rock for Mika: It's only useful on Pokemon that have to/can manually set Hail Weather, as Snow Warning Pokemon keep their weather eternal until they Faint/Switch out, per the rules of Pokerole. Unless Dragonstrike buffed it where it makes Snow Warning Weather persists after the setter leaves the field, that is, but I would not count on that being the case. It's still a pretty useful Item overall, though, as more Rounds of Hail = more chip Damage to rack up on your foes + keeping the scant few Hail Based Abilities/Moves online for a bit longer. Candice and/or some of her Acolytes probably would like to get her hands on one for her Glalie or other Hail Setters at the very least (If they don't already have one).

Everstone is a bit more niche in application, since everyone has Pokedexes to cancel most Evos, but in one niche case they can prevent Trade Evos from triggering, which usually are more aggressive/Disobedient than their prior form (Such as Alakazam, Gengar, definitely Linkite, etc.). That, and it probably has applications in Breeding too, but those are rather moot considering that nobody in the group really has the time to do such things (Though it would make for an appealing Item for Breeders themselves, tho, if they're rare enough in this campaign).

Nevermelt Ice is just the Boosting Item for Ice Moves, so its free power for Pokemon that have that Type coverage/is actually an Ice type. Other applications for it include it being an eternal source of cold, so it could have some medical/culinary/Crafting uses.

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Spiritmon - 07-14-2019

Also people, I return to home. Have watched the new Spiderman movie. That was a great movie with some plot twists

(07-14-2019, 08:00 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: Also people, I return to home. Have watched the new Spiderman movie. That was a great movie with some plot twists

Great! A little web slinging action always does the soul some good....or at least keeps things from getting boring! Just recently watched Venom myself, and it was amusing in its own way. Not good as I thought, but it was by no means a terrible movie!

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Spiritmon - 07-14-2019

(07-14-2019, 08:11 PM)Lord Windos Wrote:
(07-14-2019, 08:00 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: Also people, I return to home. Have watched the new Spiderman movie. That was a great movie with some plot twists

Great! A little web slinging action always does the soul some good....or at least keeps things from getting boring! Just recently watched Venom myself, and it was amusing in its own way. Not good as I thought, but it was by no means a terrible movie!

Indeed! And since I am a fan of Spiderman, this movie was really good!

I watched the Venom movie too. It was...fun, but could be better. I wanted to be a little more gore, since Venom it's a shark with one thousand teeth who walk. Or at least keep the air of Horror movie.

But in general a interesting movie.

Uh....Dragonstrike, quick question, but how much are Poochyena/Mightyena are like dogs/wolfs IRL? At least, regarding their diet habits? Because if they're super similar, rich foods with unprocessed grain like sushi could make the starving pup more sick instead of better. Plain fish or unsalted meat would do them better realistically as a meal, though Kogeki would have to advise the pup not to eat too quickly, least they get sick from doing that.

Perhaps I'm being overly paranoid, but I can't help it when it comes to puppers...

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Dragonstrike - 07-14-2019

(07-14-2019, 10:03 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: Uh....Dragonstrike, quick question, but how much are Poochyena/Mightyena are like dogs/wolfs IRL? At least, regarding their diet habits? Because if they're super similar, rich foods with unprocessed grain like sushi could make the starving pup more sick instead of better. Plain fish or unsalted meat would do them better realistically as a meal, though Kogeki would have to advise the pup not to eat too quickly, least they get sick from doing that.

Perhaps I'm being overly paranoid, but I can't help it when it comes to puppers...

Definitely appreciate the input on that.  Pokemon have pretty flexible diets for the most part (as evidenced by the universality of pokechow), so I'm not going to be super strict on dietary requirements (particularly when a parent is concerned enough about a starving child that they'll accept most forms of sustenance regardless)

However, yes, something more suited for dogs/wolves irl would definitely be a lot healthier for the pupper.  Sushi is primarily a human food, after all.

(07-14-2019, 10:18 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: Definitely appreciate the input on that.  Pokemon have pretty flexible diets for the most part (as evidenced by the universality of pokechow), so I'm not going to be super strict on dietary requirements (particularly when a parent is concerned enough about a starving child that they'll accept most forms of sustenance regardless)

However, yes, something more suited for dogs/wolves irl would definitely be a lot healthier for the pupper.  Sushi is primarily a human food, after all.

Thanks! Figured that would be the case, but it doesn't hurt to ask and be sure of that, right?

Milk could also work for the puppers, if they're still relatively young enough to be able to process the lactose in it, though I doubt Kogeki has a bottle/gallon of the on hand. Berries could also work, since mechanically all Pokemon can eat them without negative consequences (Well, beyond EV drops from Friendship Berries, or Confusion from an disliked Pinch Berry). A Leppa or Lum Berry could potentially do a sickly Poochyena a world of good, since the extra Will/healing properties of either would bolster their constitution. At least, that's my hypothesis on the matter.