Pokemon Uranium
[Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Uranium (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum)
+-- Forum: Misc and fun stuff (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Roleplaying (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery (/showthread.php?tid=2386)

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Dragonstrike - 07-25-2019

(07-25-2019, 01:42 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: Ah. I have no idea how much Special Antarki has, but since Vulpix's using Kee's Stats it'll be 4, so a good chance that she's able to keep that sunny weather up. Got another question if I may, could he keep Vulpix in his arms = not 'send her out' to be among the fighters of the other charas and still have her keep that drought up and fire off one or two Heat Waves still? Because, Kee'd be a horrible father figure if he'd bring her directly into the battle, but he would be up to let her join if he can, say, keep her in his arms during the fight and protect her from any incoming attacks. On the other hand, that'd make HIM vulnerable and a target, does it? Maybe it'd be better to have Vupix out but not attack the Abomasnow as otherwise they'd figure out that this fox is responsible for the sunny weather and lash out at it.

Vulpix can fight from a short range away with Heat Wave, Disable, and Ember, so yes, you could do that.  And yes, it would make Kee a target if he was providing cover for Vulpix.

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Lord Windos - 07-25-2019

(07-25-2019, 01:42 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: Ah. I have no idea how much Special Antarki has, but since Vulpix's using Kee's Stats it'll be 4, so a good chance that she's able to keep that sunny weather up. Got another question if I may, could he keep Vulpix in his arms = not 'send her out' to be among the fighters of the other charas and still have her keep that drought up and fire off one or two Heat Waves still? Because, Kee'd be a horrible father figure if he'd bring her directly into the battle, but he would be up to let her join if he can, say, keep her in his arms during the fight and protect her from any incoming attacks. On the other hand, that'd make HIM vulnerable and a target, does it? Maybe it'd be better to have Vupix out but not attack the Abomasnow as otherwise they'd figure out that this fox is responsible for the sunny weather and lash out at it.

Neither do I, but that ruling pertains to Weather Abilities, so it may or may not apply to manual Weather setting. I can easily imagine Dragonstrike stretching that ruling there, though, so that isn't a guarantee it'll work.

From the way Dragonstrike worded things, Vulpix has to be a direct combatant in order to utlizie Drought, so unless your chara is willing to act as mobile Cover for her and enter the battlefield in your arms.....

If Vulpix has lower special than ANY of the Abomasnow/Snover, Drought will fail to trigger, and while I have ways of shenaniganing Special Boosts onto Pokemon via Puck, that strat would likely not work so well in battle unless Dragonstrike allows BP to pass its affects to any Pokemon that is either in Ran's party unsummoned or any currently summoned Pokemon (Which I highly doubt they'll do). Outside of battle, the Stealth Roll would be so high it would be impossible to do, so no dice there (literally).

If Vulpix is out on the battlefield and not attacking, but is able to actively disrupt the Weather, they'd still be a Target of interest no matter what. If they don't affect the Weather and do nothing, then they're functionaly not a part of the battle to begin with unless one of the goons decides to be mean and attack it.

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Dragonstrike - 07-25-2019

(07-25-2019, 01:47 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: And my expectations of you shutting down my compromise have been precisely meet. Whether that is a good thing or not is up to debate, but it can't be argued that you're very keen on balancing any ideas that could grant us advantages back into neutrality at best, and made completely unfeasible/bad at worst.

In any case, if the book says that having the Higher Special is necessary to win the weather wars, then having Vulpix out (by whatever defination we subscribe to here) would be pointless, as the Abomasnow/Snover likely have higher Special than it or Dragonstrike could increase their Special to ensure that their Snow Warning is the dominate Ability active. At the very least we still have access to Nagi's Hidden Power Fire (Which has Priority from Prankster, to boot), which would at least manually override the Weather for a bit before the mean greens reset it at the first opportunity (Via Ability or using Hail), so the plan to dispel their Weather ain't a total bust.

Mainly just reading the book rules, to be honest.  I am going to have my own spin on things in certain scenarios, though.

Another thing I will note concerning weather abilities that the book does not address: if there is a tie between two pokemon's Special stats, then either user may change the weather to theirs by spending an Action (no accuracy roll required), thus creating a weather war situation.

Manual weather temporarily overrides Ability created weather in most scenarios.

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Lord Windos - 07-25-2019

Alright, lemme make a post reacting to Kee and Kogeki's info, and assuming nothing else gets posted that would necessitate Ran's commentary I'll be ready to move on to engage the Abomasnow gang with everyone. Hold tight!

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - PhantomUnderYourDesk - 07-25-2019

Well, at least it'd proof to the smol Vulpix that Kee's adamant on keeping her safe and well if he'd provide cover for her in that fight, I see potential for a bonding opportunity, as risky as it is. And now it itches me to try it, especially if it's giving us such an advantage in the upcoming fight against the Abomasnow... Damn it.

Another question! I'm sorry if I'm starting to pester with these, but - Would Vulpix herself even be up for that task if being asked, aka how does she react upon introduced to the idea on joining that fight with Kee providing cover and protection? Additionally and finally, Pokemon can still be recalled in the middle of a Round, can they, means there IS the possibility that if things start to go too dangerous, he could withdraw the kitsune and leap out of the range of the Abomasnow's attacks, right? That'd be nice to know beforehand.

(07-25-2019, 02:11 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: Another question! I'm sorry if I'm starting to pester with these, but - Would Vulpix herself even be up for that task if being asked, aka how does she react upon introduced to the idea on joining that fight with Kee providing cover and protection? Additionally and finally, Pokemon can still be recalled in the middle of a Round, can they, means there IS the possibility that if things start to go too dangerous, he could withdraw the kitsune and leap out of the range of the Abomasnow's attacks, right? That'd be nice to know beforehand.

She'll fight if asked to.  She doesn't really have a full understanding of making her own decisions yet, seeing as she's still really young.

You can spend one of your free two trainer actions per Round to recall a pokemon mid-round, yes.  Then Kee could get out of danger himself.

This image is a bit too big for a normal Mega Abomasnow (only about 8 feet tall normally), but I think it's a good depiction of what's going on right now:

(07-25-2019, 05:06 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: This image is a bit too big for a normal Mega Abomasnow (only about 8 feet tall normally), but I think it's a good depiction of what's going on right now:

Oh darn. I had the feeling we'd be fighting at least one Mega Abomasnow, but twoOh darn and knit it all

Welp, at least they don't have Snovers accompanying them, so taking the down is slightly easier? I hope?

Curious to see why they're no Initiatives, but I presume that's because not everyone has decided who'll be their primary fighters?

I'm busy right now, so I can't get to posting in the meantime. Soon as I'm free, though, Ran will be having quite the reaction to nearly getting Ambushed by those giant Christmas trees!

(07-25-2019, 05:25 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: Curious to see why they're no Initiatives, but I presume that's because not everyone has decided who'll be their primary fighters?

Yeah, I need to know who you guys are sending out first.  These Mega Primal Abomasnow are definitely not going to be up for negotiations. Of course, if your orders don't depend on the Initiatives, feel free to post them now!

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Spiritmon - 07-25-2019

Took the time to restore myself from the time i get out. Primal mega huh? Gonna send my orders soon.