Pokemon Uranium
[Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Uranium (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum)
+-- Forum: Misc and fun stuff (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Roleplaying (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery (/showthread.php?tid=2386)

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Lord Windos - 07-26-2019

(07-26-2019, 07:18 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: Understood. I already know who gonna be my next Pokemons. Time to Gama and Susano'o show what they made off. Maybe facing two Primal Mega, Gama might unlock his Battle Bond ability. Since Dragon said it is possible in a certain plot point, but I don't know.

Might want to hold off summoning Pokemon, as if Brigid totally bites it this Round, Ran will most likely summon Mystery Mon #2 , which as I mentioned is a bit of a loose cannon when it comes to Pokemon. 

Also, you want me to handle your Accuracy Dice Maths? Just offering to save everyone so time, and because I like doing that sort of thing.

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Lord Windos - 07-26-2019

(07-26-2019, 07:22 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: Ah, right, that was a thing.  Honestly forgot about that because it kinda got lost among all the other information (not that it mattered given the conditions weren't met, as you said).

Unfortunately, Brigid was KOed before Randolph could have used the Super Potion anyways, as Trainer Actions happen at the end of each set of actions in a Round (as stated by the book).

Huh? Wait, what? I thought they could be used at any time in a Mini Round, before or after a Pokemon acts? Like Potion before a Pokemon attacks to minimize Pain? 

Even in that ruling's case, Ran could have used a Super Potion after the 1st Blizzard did its Damage to Brigid? Or am I missing something here? 

I'm geniunely confused by this development.....

Welp, if Brigid definitely Faints, then its more likely than ever Ran's going to unleash his 'ace.' Which will certainly be a eventful debut for them, no matter how well it goes....

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Spiritmon - 07-26-2019

(07-26-2019, 07:22 PM)Lord Windos Wrote:
(07-26-2019, 07:18 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: Understood. I already know who gonna be my next Pokemons. Time to Gama and Susano'o show what they made off. Maybe facing two Primal Mega, Gama might unlock his Battle Bond ability. Since Dragon said it is possible in a certain plot point, but I don't know.

Might want to hold off summoning Pokemon, as if Brigid totally bites it this Round, Ran will most likely summon Mystery Mon #2 , which as I mentioned is a bit of a loose cannon when it comes to Pokemon. 

Also, you want me to handle your Accuracy Dice Maths? Just offering to save everyone so time, and because I like doing that sort of thing.

Totally bites? What you mean by that? Gama can change his type, and Susano'o can Mega, and they are my best Pokemons to fight against such beasts. Unless you have a plan?

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Dragonstrike - 07-26-2019

(07-26-2019, 07:28 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: Huh? Wait, what? I thought they could be used at any time in a Mini Round, before or after a Pokemon acts? Like Potion before a Pokemon attacks to minimize Pain? 

Even in that ruling's case, Ran could have used a Super Potion after the 1st Blizzard did its Damage to Brigid? Or am I missing something here? 

I'm geniunely confused by this development.....

Welp, if Brigid definitely Faints, then its more likely than ever Ran's going to unleash his 'ace.' Which will certainly be a eventful debut for them, no matter how well it goes....

The phases of a battle are listed in the book, and trainer actions are phase 8/10, as listed on page 47 of the 1.2.5 book.  All pokemon use Action 1, then trainers get to use one of their 2 trainer actions, then all pokemon use Action 2, then the trainers get to go again, and so on and so forth until no more actions remain in the Round.  Since Brigid was fainted by a combination of Blizzard B 2 and Blizzard A 2, events played out too quickly for Randolph to react to them in time.

I should have probably added this to page 1 of the meta thread at some point for clarification since it differs from what we're used to.  My bad.  I need to get on updating that soon.

(07-26-2019, 07:29 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: Totally bites? What you mean by that? Gama can change his type, and Susano'o can Mega, and they are my best Pokemons to fight against such beasts. Unless you have a plan?

Bites it: a phrase that means 'to die' or 'to fail in something.' In this case, bites it means that Brigid Faints.

My general plan is just send out Mystery Mon # 2, and let them clean up the Abomasnows however they want. They're beastly tough, powerful, and fast, highly Disobedient and doesn't like Pokemon at all, and the pine pikers are extremely weak, so sending them out to solo them is not a terrible idea. MM #2 is basically a juggernaut, headless of the havoc it causes or who gets caught up in it (save human, they generally avoid hurting them).

Feel free to send out Pokemon along side them, though, but I nor Ran won't be held responsible if they get Targeted by his 'ace' instead of our foes. I've warned you, and my character will warn everyone IC about what he's about to do, so if you decide to go ahead and ignore us both and try your luck......well, that's on you, no offense meant.

(07-26-2019, 07:35 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: The phases of a battle are listed in the book, and trainer actions are phase 8/10, as listed on page 47 of the 1.2.5 book.  All pokemon use Action 1, then trainers get to use one of their 2 trainer actions, then all pokemon use Action 2, then the trainers get to go again, and so on and so forth until no more actions remain in the Round.  Since Brigid was fainted by a combination of Blizzard B 2 and Blizzard A 2, events played out too quickly for Randolph to react to them in time.

I should have probably added this to page 1 of the meta thread at some point for clarification since it differs from what we're used to.  My bad.  I need to get on updating that soon.

Eeeeehhhh......with all do respect, Dragonstrike, but I believe the way Trainer Actions have been handled up until now is the better way to go about things. Closely following the rules on this just seems to overall weaken Trainers even more in this campaign, and they're already pretty much useless in battle unless you decide to make a pseudo-Pokemon build out of them (Max HP, then either Max STR + Defenses or DEX). I'm fine with you experimenting with re-implementing unused/new system in your campaign and putting your own spin on things in most cases (Like with No Spam and the revised Accuracy System, and Disobedience Rolls on certain Loyal Disobedient Pokemon), but in this instance I geniunely see no good reason to fix what's unbroken from Iron's campaign.

If you want Brigid to be Fainted from the Blizzards, I'm perfectly fine taking that loss on the chin if it means you don't go making a big change that undermines us players. We're already being muscled more strongly with Will management for Healing now, so maybe not compound that by making it more hard and tricky to heal our Pokemon with our characters? Please?

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Dragonstrike - 07-26-2019

(07-26-2019, 07:49 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: Eeeeehhhh......with all do respect, Dragonstrike, but I believe the way Trainer Actions have been handled up until now is the better way to go about things. Closely following the rules on this just seems to overall weaken Trainers even more in this campaign, and they're already pretty much useless in battle unless you decide to make a pseudo-Pokemon build out of them (Max HP, then either Max STR + Defenses or DEX). I'm fine with you experimenting with re-implementing unused/new system in your campaign and putting your own spin on things in most cases (Like with No Spam and the revised Accuracy System, and Disobedience Rolls on certain Loyal Disobedient Pokemon), but in this instance I geniunely see no good reason to fix what's unbroken from Iron's campaign.

If you want Brigid to be Fainted from the Blizzards, I'm perfectly fine taking that loss on the chin if it means you don't go making a big change that undermines us players. We're already being muscled more strongly with Will management for Healing now, so maybe not compound that by making it more hard and tricky to heal our Pokemon with our characters? Please?

I actually have very good story reason for doing it this way, but the reason is a secret until the end of the test game, I'm sad to say.

(07-26-2019, 07:53 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: I actually have very good story reason for doing it this way, but the reason is a secret until the end of the test game, I'm sad to say.

Eehh.....oh, alright. This ain't totally a big deal that can't be accounted for, even if I can't help but give it the confused and leery eyes for why you decided to incorp this mechanic on both a mechanical and story level. It's....disconcerting and wierd, but not a potential deal breaker like Will Based Healing could have been.

Is it bad for me to say that I want this campaign to wrap up ASAP, so that I and us players can get full disclosure and transparency for the why for all your experiments and designs choices? Because at this point I'm starting to grow more and more curious and befuddled about your reasoning and design philosophy behind it all, and having the answers would stop me from scratching my head furiously trying to puzzle it all out in the dark.

(07-26-2019, 08:02 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: Is it bad for me to say that I want this campaign to wrap up ASAP, so that I and us players can get full disclosure and transparency for the why for all your experiments and designs choices? Because at this point I'm starting to grow more and more curious and befuddled about your reasoning and design philosophy behind it all, and having the answers would stop me from scratching my head furiously trying to puzzle it all out in the dark.

Nope, because I want to get through this relatively quickly as well so I can see how you guys react to my little secrets.  Still kinda nervous about it, but...also still hopeful it'll be received decently well.

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Spiritmon - 07-26-2019

Well, not gonna send them. If you say its to mway dangerous, then I trust in your jugdment. Could just please warn everyone in game before anything? Because my char was about to send his two aces, so a warn could be cool. Pun intendend.