Pokemon Uranium
[Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Uranium (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum)
+-- Forum: Misc and fun stuff (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Roleplaying (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery (/showthread.php?tid=2386)

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Dragonstrike - 10-13-2019

(10-13-2019, 10:13 AM)Spiritmon Wrote:
(10-13-2019, 10:05 AM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
(10-13-2019, 09:47 AM)Spiritmon Wrote: Since we talking about "follow" the game rules, how about stick with Shell Bell original effect of half damage became heal, instead of each 4 damage heal only 1 HP? Because this is also ridiculous and make Shell Bell worse than Leftovers? Or we only stick with Game Rules when convenient?

It's actually 1/8 of the damage dealt becomes healing in the games.  It's not meant to be as good as Leftovers unless you can deal a lot of damage.  Hence why I gave it (and Bloodlust) the effect I did.

As far as I remember (can't check the book right now), the Shell Bell doesn't have a listed effect in the book.

If it made every attack a full fledged draining move, that'd be kinda busted, and it'd see a lot more competitive use.

At least you could give a better effect instead of only 1 HP. Like, each 4 Damage heal 2 or 3 HP. At least this makes the item a bit more useful.

The base Shell Bell isn't meant to be a strong healing item.

However...

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Spiritmon - 10-13-2019

*SIGH*

Fine. It's another thing to add in my list of things that I dislike in this campaign. But I would be able to make a stronger version with craft. Let's go with. For now.

I just hope the trouble be worth it.

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Spiritmon - 10-13-2019

@Dragonstrike. Can we go with the battle against Ursaring already? I prefer finish this battle quick as possible.

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Dragonstrike - 10-13-2019

(10-13-2019, 11:07 AM)Spiritmon Wrote: Dragonstrike. Can we go with the battle against Ursaring already? I prefer finish this battle quick as possible.

I'll roll encounters out when I have time.  At work atm.

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - PhantomUnderYourDesk - 10-13-2019

I like my Shell Bell as it is actually... Fits Kee's Oricorio so well.

(10-13-2019, 09:06 AM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: Being too focused on rules tends to reduce the fun though in my case, as it takes away the freedom of situational or environmental interpretations - sometimes things that aren't possible under normal conditions could work if the circumstances are just right. That's something I just wished to carefully throw in... I would favour an interpretation of a certain situation over blatantly following rules, or to phrase it differently I tend to see the scenery first and adapt to it when choosing Actions rather than the other way round. This doesn't work for most moves which have their effect clearly written down though, like Sucker Punch which is always a bit of a gamble to use.

Thank you for the input, Phantom.

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - Lord Windos - 10-13-2019

(10-13-2019, 06:37 AM)Dragonstrike Wrote:

Be that as it may, there's a point where I say it isn't worthwhile doing something, and that's use a Move that's far to risky in Pokerole as it is rather than it being modified to have at least some assurance that using it won't blow up in your face. You shouldn't be too hesitant to play around with the rules a bit, mate, especially seeing how much all our campaigns ended up being homebrewed already and the sheer fun that has been had when we start bending or rewriting things a bit. Anything that makes the game more fun for you and the play is a net positive thing to do, so long as it doesn't break the game itself in the process.

If I can summon Catherine alongside Amethyst, I'm not going to steal Lucas away and deprive his aid for anyone else that may need it. Won't take long for me to change things, so I'll be quick about it.

*Sighs* Yes, yes, I know, but when these disputes happen I can't help but feel undermined, demoralized, and/or frustrated with the outcome, as they typically NEVER go well for me (or others, for that matter) and end up adding elements I was not prepared for. Had I known that Sucker Punch was going to be arguably more unreliable than it is in the main games, I'd had summoned Catherine or another Pokemon alongside Amethyst ASAP instead of letting her handle Medicham solo, for example.

Point is, I don't think any of us players would mind if you bent the rules or loosely interpret them in our favor from time to time, especially if it reduces our frustrations and increases our enjoyment.

RE: [Meta Thread] Dragonstrike's Pokerole Test Game: Mount Coronet Mystery - PhantomUnderYourDesk - 10-13-2019

You can always spend XP on Suprises to make an unreliable move more reliable, I think.

(10-13-2019, 03:03 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: You can always spend XP on Suprises to make an unreliable move more reliable, I think.

Yes, Surprises are a good way to modify moves, and a good way to bend the rules in general.

I'll roll an initiative for Catherine while you're editing your post, Windos.
Edit: Done.