Pokemon Uranium
[Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Uranium (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum)
+-- Forum: Misc and fun stuff (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Roleplaying (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows (/showthread.php?tid=2617)

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Lord Windos - 01-31-2021

(01-30-2021, 04:26 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote:

Pyra was not one that typically reacted well to surprise of any kind, usually quick to react with violence or the threat of it at whomever was foolish enough to try and take her unaware. Kee's attempt, however, evokes a much tamer reaction, causing her to jolt as he took a grip on the back of her head and at first extremely shocked and pissed before the black 'n white crittercoon made his playful presence known. Her expression morphed into one of pure surprise at the rather unconventional intrusion, before  her eyes widened at his oh so lovely gaze, looking ever so slightly mesmerized and breathing a touch heavier now. Oh oh oh, now this was something most unexpected, this affectionate and worried flirting by her most adorable punk star, yes yes. How so very passionate and inspiring, it was, should be meet in equal or greater measure, indeed... 

She didn't have a chance to react, thankfully(?), as Dax's own much more brash intervention curtails it and manages to surprise her again, this time causing her to look at him in slient worry as he tried and failed to scare away Team Artificer. No, oh no, please don't start anything rash with them, further the bad blood and give greater reason for they to pick on and harass  them! Not when she was so close to neatly and nicely resolving things between their groups, yes! And now that she thought of it, don't let Kee's own appearance make them doubt her capabilities and demeanor, no! 

Very fortunately nothing bad came of her friends mediation, save for some back sass and insults that didn't really phase the brimstone imp. At the chimera cat's parting words to her she simply gave them a slight nod back (not wanting to shake Kee off and/or into her head flame), not trusting herself to speak back surrounding by her close companions. She need not give them reason to be further incensed, rile them or Team Artificer and start a Fight that would end very poorly for all, after all! The aquatic salamander's hot retorts after they left does little to reassure her about the situation, earning him a concerned frown as she shared gaze him with.

"Please don't make such threats, promises of violence and discord towards Team Artificer, Water Drake Dax. Will not end well and good for anyone, no, regardless of the outcome of such physical and reputationally ruinous conflict. Could get us kicked out of the Guild, set them, the town, and even the police upon us, if things get very bad-horrible."

Notably she doesn't have anything about his warning, though whether not they notice or take her silence on that as agreement remains to be seen.

Kee's own snappish backlash to Solosis also cause no small amount of concern for him, but thankfully nothing much more sparked off between the ziggy and the blob.

(...)

Eventually the group returned to their room, and with it came a question about her meeting from Karen. Her smile diminished at it, as she though she was through with the fallout of her meeting with Chimical & Co. , and she thought carefully of how to answer without giving her too much reason to worry or get spirited. In the end she settled on giving a partial account of events, enough to sate their curiosity but not too much to get them fussed up.

"I went over to meet and hold council with Chimical and Team Artificer, ask them questions and learn more about them, yes. Decided to surround me as an act of wariness and precaution when it came time for them to question me in turn, taking me off guard for a moment and alerting Kee and Dax of what happen, I believe-think. Worried and fearful a Fight was going to break out because of Dax, but thankfully and happily nothing of such happened. That is all I have to say about thus, Dear Karen."

Kee's closeness to her was unexpected but not unwelcome for the fiery demoness, welcoming it with great but gentle cheer as she could tell he too was frazzled from the near-disaster in the mess hall. She held him in turn as they turned into bed, deciding to sleep with tonight to comfort him, running a claw through his hair from head to bum and humming soft, odd, yet caring tone to soothe him and lull him to sleep. It also served to calm her down too, as she smiled down gently at him and slowly started to drift off herself.

Beneath that smile, though, was a mind full of worries and concern. Kogeki's future departure, and what it would do to the Team. Her own continued awkwardness, misunderstandings, and clashes in perspective with her friends. And the offer to join Chimical in Team Artificer, potentially ending any aggression and conflict between them and her own cherished mate and putting herself in company that seemed to accept who she was. 

All that swirled around in her headspace, very nearly causing her to frown and sigh at dismay. Never did she think her journey, interactions, and her own person life would get this complicated, oh no no no. Why couldn't things be simple? Why can't she and her friends get along, and focused on what really mattered? Saving this world from The Darkness, and trying their best to grow strong and live good lives.....was that such an impossible wish?

Pyra didn't let her thoughts keep her up for the rest of the night, but they stuck with her as she feel asleep, becoming unpleasant bedmates as she slipped off into the dreamless abyss. Perhaps tomorrow or later she would have the solutions for everything causing her woe, but for now they would be issue that would haunt her in the coming days ahead.

(And I'm done with my share of interactions for the day! Ready to move on when everyone else is, mates!)

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Spiritmon - 01-31-2021

"Hmm...I see. Thanks for the information." Karen suddenly came and tell him about everyone departure. "No problem. Oh, Liepard and Torracat this is my friend and member of my Team, Karen. Karen, meet Torracat and the Leader of Tean Slink, Liepard."

Kogeki bow in respect and tell them. "If you excuse us, we are returning to our room Liepard. Thanks again for the information and chat. Have a nice night. I hope we might see again sometime."

The information about the interaction about Pyra and Team Artificer though...Well Kogeki looks like piss. "Argh. Those guys again. I really begininng to hate those bullies. I swear if they try to intimidate you or the others members of our group, the next thing they will feel is my Kunai hittinng right in they're eyes. If it war they want, it will be war they will get."

Kogeki decided to stay close to the window this time and look at the sky again, and think about everything. In how much his opinion changed in just few days. At first, he was interested in the idea of join a Guild and sharp his skills and find his friends. But now? Since he joined the Guild he only find more and more reasons not to stay. He dislike the Guildmaster, and most of the people inside is either competitive, rude or simple jerks. 

Team Gallop. Team Artificer. Oh what Kogeki wouldnt give in beat the crap of them and them drain every drop of aura from theyre lifeless bodies.

Kogeki shake his head to forget such murderhobo thoughs. He stay close to the window, and drift in deep sleep.

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Dragonstrike - 01-31-2021

(What window?  You're underground!  Not exactly much of a view down there)

Karen gives Pyra what can only be described as a strange look...

*rolls*

Before she says anything, though, she winces as Kogeki's comments seem to cause her a little bit of pain.

"...is that really necessary, Kogeki?  I get that you don't like them, but I think that'd get us in more trouble than them.  *sigh*...all this tension is making my head hurt...I'm going to try and get some sleep now.  Hopefully this headache will be gone by then.  Goodnight everyone."

---------------------------------------------------------------

It is now Day 5.

Team OS wakes to a soft knock on their door, followed by it quietly opening as a visitor invites themselves in.  Once everyone shakes off their slumbers, they see that Floette's floating in the doorway.

"Morning everyone, rise and shine!  Marcus dropped by and asked me to let you guys know that he'll be waiting for you at Café Connection.  Once you've figured out who's helping him with his job request, let me know, and then go talk to him once you're ready to set out!  Oh, and it looks like it might rain later today, so I wouldn't recommend taking too long to set out if I were you.  Alright, see you guys later!"

And just like that, Floette shuts the door behind her and presumably heads back to the guild's lobby.

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - no one - 02-01-2021

Daxter yawns and stretches himself awake. Yesterday was good, but it had a bit of a sour ending. Oh well, time to make the... Something. Round and sweet. Crap. Stupid words. Doesn't matter. He'll remember at some point. "Morning Floette. Thanks for the notice, we'll get going soon enough."

"Hmmm. Guys, I remember them saying something about how only five people can be in a group in a dungeon, so I was thinking that four of us can go with Marcus, and one can take Lumia and Klink on one of the easier jobs so that we can make some cash. What do you lot say? I wouldn't mind taking the recruits, but I won't fight anyone if they want to do it."

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - PhantomUnderYourDesk - 02-01-2021

The very first thing Ziggy Kee does in the morning is indeed heading and rushing over to Cafe Connection in his best zigzag-manner to see Marcus there!~ The craftsman of a Cubone gets a toothy yawn an eager wave and two-claw-salute® from the furry crittercoon. "Good mornin' an' hi there, Marcus!~ (^0^)/ Dear Floette informed 's all that ya're lingerin' here." Kee can barely hide how he wags his busy tail in growing excitement. "Been meanin' t' visit ya this morning anywae!~ Say, did ya manage to finish that Accessory I asked ya to craft for dear me? ☆(◕‿◕ ) Ya know, that one outta the Boldore Crystal an' bunch of Monferno Hair. Did it work?~ Were ya successful?~~ Pwease tell me ya were!~~" (Aka that wristband/bracelet that will grant +1 Clash when worn by Kee, talked about in-game here.)

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Spiritmon - 02-01-2021

Kogeki wake up and then loose no time to meet the others in the lobby. "Hey Marcus. Long time no see. How you doing friend?"

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - no one - 02-02-2021

No takers, eh? No worries. "Wait for me guys, I'm coming too. We can just send Klink and Lumia to work for Poliwrath so they can make our team a little extra money. That sound okay to you?"

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Dragonstrike - 02-02-2021

"Oh, we're going to go see Marcus now?  Alright then!"

"Yes, stop-wait for us, eager Kee!"

----------------------------

Marcus is sitting at an otherwise empty table in Café Connection, pondering something while he looks at a piece of parchment he's laid out.  When he sees all the members of Team OS approaching, he rolls up the parchment and puts it in the bag he has slung over his shoulder.  He seems to be happy to see everyone, too.

[attachment=1147]

"Ah, there you are!  Wasn't expecting to see everyone so soon!  Thought you might have a few more preparations to make before we head out.  Oh, your accessory?"

Marcus's Crafting Roll:
(6)(2)(5)(5)(4)(5)(1)(4) 6 successes 0_o

Kee's query about the accessory seems to put Marcus in an even better mood.

[attachment=1148]

"Yup, it's done!  And I think it's some of my finer work, too!  Weaving the fire element aligned fur into the string of the necklace seems to have definitely had a positive impact on the final result, and the quality of that crystal was top notch!  It's probably going to be a long time before I get to work with materials like that again!  Here you go!"

Marcus pulls a necklace out of his bag and hands it to Kee, the red crystal shining brightly on the interwoven strands of red and white.

[attachment=1149]

"I did a few tests with it once I finished, and using the Boldore crystal as a catalyst definitely had a strong effect on the item.  If you're wearing the necklace while the sun is high in the sky, it should have a much stronger effect.  It heats up a lot when you use it like that, but the fur seems to dampen the effect significantly, so it should be safe to wear.  Most of the time.  If it's really sunny, it starts to overcharge the crystal somewhat, and that had some...interesting consequences.  Oh, and items like this always need a good name, and my initial idea for it was something along the lines of 'Solar Battery', since it stores solar energy that you can use to strengthen your moves later.  What do you think?  Good name for it?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Accessory Crafted: Solar Battery (you can change the name if you like, though)
Effect: The solar energy stored in the crystal naturally strengthens damaging moves, granting the wearer +1 Clash.  In addition, while battling in an outdoor area where the sun is visible with Clear weather during the day, the wearer also gets +1 Special.  During Sunny weather (regardless of the source), the user gets +2 Special, but takes 1 damage at the end of each Round.  Must be worn in an Accessory slot.

(GM's note: gonna rule that increases and decreases to the Special stat don't affect how many targets you're able to hit with spread moves.  This accessory thus won't help you there, but it also means that someone decreasing your Special won't hurt you either.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

[attachment=1147]

"Since you're doing me a favor and I got a Boldore crystal out of it as well, I won't charge you this time.  But do keep in mind I need to make a living too, so don't be surprised if I request payment the next time you want me to craft something.  Alright, with that out of the way..."

"...everyone ready to go to the Secret Quarry?  I really do appreciate that you're helping me with this, by the way.  Just want to say that before we go."

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - no one - 02-03-2021

Daxter glanced at the Solar Battery with mild interest, before replying to Marcus. "Hell, yeah. Let's get going mate."

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - PhantomUnderYourDesk - 02-03-2021

*GAAAAAASP* ヽ(°〇°)ノ Ziggy Kee snatches the newly-crafted accessory from the table the very moment Marcus places it onto said table to staaaaaare at it with the biggest of smile and widest of deep-red eyes, his bushy tail wagging even faster in excitement now. "Ya REALLY did iit Marcus, YA REALLY DID IT aaaahhhhhhh!!~ T...thank ya so much, thank ya!! (ノ>ω<)ノ :。・:*:・゚’★" He'd probably give the craftsman of a Cubone a grateful lick over his cheek, but (thankfully) abstains from doing so. "Hnnnnnggggggh, it turned so pretty an' stylish....!!1☆" He's quick to wrap the Solar Battery around his right frontleg to wear it like a human would wear a bracelet/wristband (this counts as wearing it on Accessory Slot No.2 now) and instantly gaaaasps from how pleasantly warm it feels to be worn. "Hehehe, can baaarely wait to leap 'nto a battle now! ( ÒωÓ)و☆"

Marcus' opening that he does not request any payment this time only makes it to amplify the furry crittercoon's suprise and happiness. "Ohhhh, and I even get this pretty thin' for free? NO WAY, T-THANK YA! ( ╥ω╥ ) Ya're much too kind there, Marcus...." *holding some happy sobs* "Say, c-can I treat ya for breakfast 'n return at least? Like, right now? Or have ya eaten already? Cuz, ya know, I haven't, mind if I quickly nom somethin' b'fore we'll head out? Please?"

--> Can Kee have breakfast here at Cafe Connection before we'll head out? At best something involving Pirsif Berries that will cost 50$P or less. If Marcus agrees to have breakfast too with Kee here, he'll order it twice to spend 100$P in total. If not, then it'll be just Kee who will fill his belly here.

Once that's dealt with Kee also wishes to pay the Kecleon Shop a quick visit to see what they've got to sell today. (Can be flash-forward'ed or told in the same post to not cause too much waiting time). After THAT, ready to head out into Secret Quarry! None has objected on Kee taking the lead in this case too, so I take it's fine?