Pokemon Uranium
[Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Uranium (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum)
+-- Forum: Misc and fun stuff (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Roleplaying (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows (/showthread.php?tid=2617)

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Spiritmon - 03-12-2021

Before I forget, Kogeki split the apples among all members to better prepare themselves. "It's better we hear ourselves against Machamp. We better stuff our stomachs for the fight."

Kogeki eat the apple he was already carrying with him to save space of his bag.

Now he have space to carry a Revive Seed and the Heal Seed @Dragonstrike. I think I have 3/5 space now. Everything alright?

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - PhantomUnderYourDesk - 03-12-2021

(03-12-2021, 09:49 AM)Spiritmon Wrote: Before I forget, Kogeki split the apples among all members to better prepare themselves. "It's better we hear ourselves against Machamp. We better stuff our stomachs for the fight."

Kee rejects any bit of Apple once offered, shaking his head with emphasis. Yes there's a smile on the crittercoon's face, hard to tell whether it's out of courtesy, thankfullness over conflicts appearantly resolved now, or some different reason. "Told ya I wanna have NOTHIN' t'do with any more items ya take or not take from there. Thanks, but NO thanks. Don't 'ave any appetite now anywae."

(I already the path I wish to go now once we're done on the current tile, stated at the end of this post:
https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=2617&pid=76041#pid76041)

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Dragonstrike - 03-12-2021

Karen will reluctantly take one of the Apples that Kogeki picked up since Forretress ate one of the ones she'd brought, which means her bag is now full (including the Escape Orb Kogeki gave her at the start of the dungeon).  If Pyra has enough bag space to carry 1 item, then Kogeki can carry the rest of what he said he would grab.

As for Pyra's questions to Marcus...

[attachment=1194]

"...let's just say that I made some mistakes in the past, and that I don't want to see you all repeat them.  And it's rare that things are ever clearly black and white when it comes to what everyone thinks is right and wrong.  Sure, anyone can say and believe they're doing the right thing, but...well, let's save this for later.  I'll talk about it more when we have a chance to rest."

With everyone having finished their input on what should and shouldn't be taken from the item stash, Kogeki leads everyone to the path Conkeldurr had prevented them from taking earlier.  As the group passes through the room, they notice that Conkeldurr and his group have seemingly left, as they're nowhere to be seen.  The room is almost eerily quiet as everyone reflects on what just happened...

The path leads to a junction of sorts.  One of the paths seems to lead back to where the group faced Hippowdon earlier.  Another leads in the direction of where Kee can see at least one Pokémon is present.  The path to the right doesn't appear to lead to any pokemon or items, but the group is practically right next to it when they emerge from the corridor.

[attachment=1197]

Stealth: (6)(4)(1)(5)(4)(5) 5 successes
Kee's Alert: (6)(2) 2 successes

Before anyone can make any moves, though, Kee's X-Ray Specs are suddenly and literally stolen from right off of his face as a red-orange blur suddenly rushes past him!

"Ahahahaha!  That was too easy!  Oh man, I don't know what these do, but they look like they're pretty useful!  Score!"

Standing a little farther down the corridor now is a cat-like pokemon that looks like its tail is on fire.  Or wait, is their tail made of fire?  They're also wearing what looks like a simple purple mask that goes around their eyes.

[attachment=1198]

They put the X-Ray specs on and marvel at what everything around them looks like.  "Whooooooaaaaaaaa.  This is so cool!  Oh yeah, how do I look?  Does it clash with the mask at all?  Purple glasses, purple mask?  That should look fine, right?"

What the...?: It is what it is... - Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon

Karen blinks in surprise, not quite sure what to make of this pokemon...

"...wait, aren't you...?"

"Oh, you recognize the Amazing Axel?  I didn't know I had fans already!  Well, do you want an autograph or something?"

"Um...no?"

"Aaaaawwwww, you're killin' me here...you sure you don't want an autograph?  I have plenty of time to spare for my fans."

[attachment=1195]

"What's the big idea?  You steal from us, and now you're asking if we want autographs?  Karen, do you really recognize this guy?"

"Uh...I think so?  He looks kinda like the pokemon Hawlucha described, actually..."

"Oh yeah, that guy!  I remember him!  The move dude!  Oh yeah, that was a great heist!  Are you sure you're not a fan of me?"

[attachment=1196]

"...I really don't know what to make of this guy, if I'm being honest..."

"...neither do I..."

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Lord Windos - 03-13-2021

(03-12-2021, 05:40 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:

The fiery demoness was not entirely satisfied with the armored craftsmon answer, as it was deliberately vague and didn't really address any of her points of interest, but never the less she gave him a slight nod and left him be. If he wanted to reveal everything in due time, she would accept his decision thus and patiently wait. Not like she was in a rush to learn the 'truth' behind his (to her) irrational care and compassion too, as all she was is curious about it.

Pyra could most certainly carry 1 Apple/Seed, which would leave her with 1 Open Inventory Slot left (accounting for the Hoopa Bottle this time, woops!)! Anything to help her friends, yes yes!

(...)

The brimstone imp's reaction to this....flamed tailed kitten suddenly appeared and snatching away the group's X-Ray Specs was quite the emotional spectrum. Complete surprise at first at being caught so completely unaware, before it quickly ramped up to white hot anger over the sheer gall it had to steal from her friends, until finally it morphed into a similar sort of befuddlement/exasperation that Kee and Marcus were feeling at what she could only call self absorbed showboating on this Axel's part. She was so taken aback by the unintentional? spectacle the cat burglar was putting on  that she actually managed to calm down somewhat about it.

Only somewhat, though. Anger was still front and center in her mind, but right beside and tempering it was the aforementioned  'what the *&%! is this' feeling and.....grudging admiration? Mad as she was at the flaming thief's antics and thievery, she couldn't help but at the very least respect the gustoaudacity, and egotism he put into the whole act. Sorta of a case of appreciating the absurd and daring of something, no matter how wicked, annoying, or wrong it was, really!

It was at this point her head started to clear, and she realized the exact situation everyone was in right now. Here was a super sneaky, super fast thief that had successfully made off with their most valuable Item. The only reason they hadn't gotten away with it by now was sheer brazenness and comically misplaced priorities on his part, but that could change at anytime, and they had a lead on the group if they decided to cut and run. Right now everyone but her was taken off guard by them, unsure how to deal with his naughty/infuriating/confusing shenanigans.

Everyone, except for her.

What could she do to stop and/or punish this Axel, and get the X-Ray Specs back in one piece?

As per her usual tendencies, her first idea was plain and simple violence and Intimidation to get it back, but she immediately (and reluctantly) threw that out. The cat burglar would beat a hasty retreat or run circle around her at the current distance between them, if his earlier theft were not proof of his fleetness of feet. Being Paralyzed too put one the final nail in that idea, with the other ones being the fact she was on thin ice again for some dang reason for her earlier behavior and the group being fraught with tension and not at all eager to see her get viscous again. This forced her to, shudder, think of something else but brute force. The horror!

It was when she was confounded by that and Axel's personality that something *clinked* for her about him: he was looking for attention. Either out of some form of pride or narcissism, or because they were the type of 'Mon that sought out gratification from others for their feats, the flaming feline was all but begging for someone, anyone to fulfill his desires for recognition, fame, and acclaim. Why he was doing so with the group he stole from was irrelevant - he wanted attention, and wanted it now. And if he didn't get it soon, it was highly likely he bugger off quickly with their ill gotten gains.

The question was now: What can I do with this Knowledge?

The answer came to her in a flash, and it was enough to make her beam.

"Oh yes, oh yes, oh YES~~~!!!!" Pyra suddenly shouted at the top of her lungs, probably catching everyone off guard and getting Axel's attention squarely on her. She clasped her claws together and held them under her head, giving the hot thief a dazzling look of captivation and smiling brightly at him.

"It is you! The Amazing Axel, the Blazing Bandit of Sahra!! The newest, fasted thief this side of the Continent!!! Didn't recognize you for a moment, oh I don't know HOW, but it is you!!!!"

She let out a excited gasp then, and started tugging at her Pecha Scarf she was wearing at Axel, giving him and earnest, antsy, and hopeful expression, waddling a little toward him too.

"Please, please, oh PLEASE autograph my Pecha Scarf, Amazing Axel! Oh, oh, and can I give you a hug too[b]?! It's my biggest wish, and I don't want to impose on you so much, but when will I EVER get the chance to hug someone famous like you again! Please [b]please please!!!

.... What in the actual fuck? What is going on with Pyra?! Has she lost her damn mind?!

No, actually! And here is why......!

Orders: In an effort to keep Axel attention occupied and not have him suddenly decide to leave, Pyra is going to give him exactly want he wants: recognition. Lots and lots or recognition, in the form of her fangirling over him! She also wants to draw him closer to her, and aims to do so via asking him to autograph her Pecha Scarf and giving him a hug. That hug, if he decides to let her give him one, though, will be in fact a Held Back Knockdown, as she 'accidently' gets a bit too excited and glomps him on the ground. If he declines, attempt to do the Glomp Knockdown if he decides to sign her P.S.. At that point she'll help him back up.....after she tries to pluck the X-Ray Glasses off his face to 'check' to see if he was alright or not, using the commotion to place them in her Bag/by her Bag.

Meanwhile, the rest of the group use this opportunity/distraction (regardless of it works or not) to try and surround Axel and block off his escape route, so that he has NO way of getting out without having to go through the group. Karen would be one of the first to realize what Pyra was trying to do, as she IS the resident empath of the group, so she could be the one to lead off this and get a much needed confidence boost if she succeeds.

In order to more smoothly do this, I'm going to Raise Pyra's Contest to 2 for 8 XP, and their either Perform or Allure by 1 for 6 XP, for a total of 14 XP spent. I'm not too sure if what she's trying to do would use Perform or Allure, as she is trying to fool/play into Axel's desires by acting like so, so whichever Specialty you pick to Roll for increase it by 1. Also, going to request she spend up to 2 Will Points on this whole thing in order to really sell it and get into character, if possible (If so, spread/group them out however you wish).

Her Contest Roll would be 2 (or 3, if you decide to use her Smarts) + 2 + 1 + Will + Potential Bonuses For Playing Into Axel's Ego = 5 or 6D6 Base + Other Mods. Knockdown Roll would be 2 STR + 3 Fight + 1 (Brawl) +/- Any Action Mods = 6D6 Base + Other Mods.

Don't care if this works or not, I just want to see how everyone reacts to Pyra's complete 180 in mood and personality![/b][/b]

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - PhantomUnderYourDesk - 03-13-2021

(03-12-2021, 05:40 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: Before anyone can make any moves, though, Kee's X-Ray Specs are suddenly and literally stolen from right off of his face as a red-orange blur suddenly rushes past him!
"Ahahahaha!  That was too easy!  Oh man, I don't know what these do, but they look like they're pretty useful!  Score!"
Standing a little farther down the corridor now is a cat-like pokemon that looks like it's tail is on fire.  Or wait, is their tail made of fire? They're also wearing what looks like a simple purple mask that goes around their eyes.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1198]

Ziggy Kee's first and instant reaction to something or someone coming THAT close to him is to jump, take a VERY protective and defending stance with his body lowered and teeth bared, and staaaaare at red-orange blur waiting for it to dare taking any further action.

At the realization that this blur-creature doesn't pose an active threat, he calms down a bit, and so does his tension and stance. He quietly releases the breath he's been unknowingly holding.

Quote:(...) They put the X-Ray specs on and marvel at what everything around them looks like.  "Whooooooaaaaaaaa.  This is so cool!  Oh yeah, how do I look?  Does it clash with the mask at all?  Purple glasses, purple mask?  That should look fine, right?" (...)

About that, Ziggy Kee can only laugh. Joyously and cheerfully so even. "Ahahaha, pretty cool 'ndeed, huh? Careful though, ya may get dizzy if ya wear them for too long without bein' used to see tha s'rroundings through 'em."

Their question how they look and whether it doesn't clash with their purple mask earns them a rating and surveying look from the smol crittercoon:
[Image: tumblr_onv55r4Sgj1uh87alo1_500.png]
"Am 'fraid it DOES clash with yar purple mask, Axel. Nat much, but 'nough to distract from yar other features." Huh. Kee further staaaares at them in a somewhat...friendly manner. "Something black or t'least dark would match yar orange fur MUCH better! Like, switch that mask, get a more fanceh one. Such glasses don't suit ya. Gotta leave a good 'mpression on yar fans and leave an image in their mind, easy t'do with some careful thoughts put into yar outfit and looks, ya know!~"

Congratulation Axel, seems you managed to get Kee talking about something he likes and enjoys: Fashion!☆ Given how human-him used to put a good amount of time into his outfits and and always looked like he just escaped a techno rave, he's more than happy★ to give advice and help others in improving their looks and appearance.

Naturally he's NOT too happy about them having stolen their precious X-Ray Specs. However, Kee swallows and hides that as of yet, possibly he and Pyra could get them to return them themselves if buttering them up and sweet-talking them to a good degree.

(03-13-2021, 02:55 AM)Lord Windos Wrote: Meanwhile, the rest of the group use this opportunity/distraction (regardless of it works or not) to try and surround Axel and block off his escape route, so that he has NO way of getting out without having to go through the group. Karen would be one of the first to realize what Pyra was trying to do, as she IS the resident empath of the group, so she could be the one to lead off this and get a much needed confidence boost if she succeeds.

Oh, and as Kee continues to chatter off, he slowly walks closer and begins to circle Axel to take a good look at him from all sides. "...Yar fans gotta recognize ya 'fter all, ya see!~~ See how one of my ears is colored yellow, for 'xample? Or my purple tailtip? Ye ever heard of a Zigzagoon with the same markings? Surely nat, ahahaha!~ Gotta EMBRACE and LIVE yar individuality, brush up an' show some of yar unique traits to tha world!~ THAT WAE yar fans will recognize ya even if they take a short glance at ya. ...Ya understand? Some fur coloring would do ya well." ☆(^v^ )

"Like, ME hasn't heard of ya yet, bit of a shame. What makes ya tha AMAZING Axel?"

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Spiritmon - 03-14-2021

Kogeki look surprised about the sudden appearance and thief skills of that guy Axel. He was very much annoyed with all this situation, specially after Conk gang situation. However, he cant help but feel impressed by the speed of Axel. If the situation was different, Kogeki would problably ask a battle of speed.

He see the others go in the direction of Axel and...what is called? Fangilrling? It took a few seconds to understand what they are doing, and decided to took this opportunity.

Using the skills he learn and can remember he try to blend to the shadows around them, using his scarf to help blend a little more easier and try to sneak on Axel too in help Pyra/@Lord Windos to take the X-Pecs back. In case Axel try to get out and try to run away Kogeki will use a Quick Attack to chase him and grab the X-Pecs back, since according to the Description of Quick Attack @Dragonstrike:

"It doubles the user speed." So in theory Kogeki could chase after Axel in case he try to run away.

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - no one - 03-15-2021

Daxter is still mostly lost in thought when the orange skinned thief zipped past them and started jabbering away. Still irritable from his previous exchange with Kogeki and with Pyra's general behaviour, he immediately resorts to angrily snarling at Axel. "What the fu-"

He pauses, and grits his teeth. With enormous effort, he forces his lips to turn up in a smile as he swallows his rage. This excitable Pokemon didn't deserve to take the brunt of Daxter's anger. "Oh, sorry mate. Kinda new in town. Haven't heard of you yet. You must be pretty famous though. Snatched those specs and you didn't even break a sweat. Don't think they suit you much, though. Purple and orange, not a great colour. Tell you what. Give those specs back to my friend, and then you can find something better. Something blue, maybe. My friend kinda needs those, you know?"

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Dragonstrike - 03-15-2021

Since Pyra is fangirling, let's make this a Cute based Allure roll!
2 Cute + 2 Contest + 1 Allure + Will = 5d6 + 1
(6)(2)(5)(1)(2)(6*) 4 successes

Axel's Will
(6)(4)(6)(2) 3 successes

Axel can't possibly resist an opportunity like this, not when his fan is so enthusiastic about meeting him!  He scoffs a bit at Daxter's request, though.  "Nuh uh, this is mine now!  I took it, fair and square!  Besides, what do you know about fashion and standing out anyways?  Blue is sooooo drab.  You should at least have like, a green scarf or something, I think."

As for Kee, he does deign to respond as he walks over to Pyra.  "I appreciate the advice, but I do so happen to love the color purple.  Saw a Shiny Flager once, and man, do I like that shade of purple.  Makes me wish I had been a shiny, cuz I would stand out even more than I already do!  But, oh well.  Have to make do with my amazing fashion sense and even more amazing speed!  None can match my pace, as I'm sure your friend could tell you!  Soon I'll be the fastest thief around, and everybody will tremble when they hear the name of the Amazing Axel!"

Axel struts up to Pyra, completely confident in his abilities, swagger, and style, completely ignoring Daxter.

Kogeki's Stealth
(5)(6)(2)(3) 2 successes

Axels' Alert
2 Insight + 1 Survival + 1 Alert
(6)(1)(2)(1) 0 Successes (lol)

...and also blissfully unaware that somebody's hiding behind the much taller Pyra, staying out of sight.  He pauses and raises a paw, smiling.  "Alright, let me see that scarf!  You're gonna love this autograph!"

But Pyra tries to knock him over with a strong blow instead!

Knockdown
(2)(3)(1)(3)(1)(2) | (6*) 1 success (because Will points are unremovable successes when spent this way, and you get one per roll.  Make sure to spend those Will points and exp as necessary!)
(2) No damage to Axel, but he's knocked prone!

Axel is completely caught off guard by the attack, sending him sprawling!  The X-Ray Specs are knocked clear off of his face, and a strange metal box falls out of his bag!  "NYAAAAAAA!"

Kogeki's Quick Attack
(6)(5)(5)(1)(3)(2)

Kogeki zooms out from behind Pyra and nabs the X-Ray specs before Axel can react! (currently treated as Kogeki's hold item)

"Hey!  That's mine!  Give that back!  Nobody messes with the Amazing Axel and gets away with it!"

Time to roll initiative!

The Amazing Axel!: VS Gambit by Emdasche

VS Axel Initiatives
Kogeki: (6) + 3 = 9
Axel: (2) + 6 = 8
Karen: (4) + 2 = 6
Marcus: (3) + 3 = 6
Kee: (2) + 3 = 5
Daxter: (1) + 4 = 5
Pyra: (3) + 1* = 4

Pyra's Intimidate lowers Axel's Strength by 1!
Kogeki shudders in Anticipation!

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Spiritmon - 03-16-2021

(03-15-2021, 04:46 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:

Kogeki didnt loose time and grab the X-Specs right away without many problems. He equipped the item and then said some words to Axel. "Like yourself said Axel, I took it fair and square. Its not very good when you are the one who have your stuff steal isn't? I a bit annoyed for you trying to steal from us, but I kinda impress with your speed however. You are the second fastest thing I ever see. The first one be me."

"Since you introduce yourself, let me introduce myself: The Predator of Auras, the Fastest Ninja of the sand and sea. Kogeki "Anubis" Kurayami is my name. But you may call me Kogeki. Now...are you ready mate? Because I am."

Kogeki then quick run towards Axel, making his punch growing with ghost energy, and taking right at Axel face, hitting right in his face with his now signature move: Shadow Punch! Hopeffuly in the process of destroying his glasses and his smug face.

Shadow Punch: Dex(2)+Fight(2)+Brawl(2)-Actions(2)=4D6
Damage: Power(2)+STR(2)+STAB(1)=5D6
Effect: Never fail move. Hopeffuly breaking the face of that Axel guy along with his glasses.

Bite: Dex(2)+Fight(2)+Brawl(2)-Actions(4)=2D6
Damage: Power(2)+STR(2)=4D6
Effect: 3D6 to Flinch.

Extra Orders: If extremely wounded, Kogeki will use the Oran Berry on himself.

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Lord Windos - 03-16-2021

(03-15-2021, 04:46 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:

As Axel angrily announced his aggrieved, aggravated assault upon all her friends for taking back what is rightly theirs, Pyra's joyful jubilant mood morphed into one of a few shades darker, her lips curling up sensually and her tone turning sultry as she regarded the sprawled out kitten.

"Oh, is that so, hm? Shame, disgraceful it is, for we have and will do so more, dear Axel."

The brimstone imp then let out a purring laugh that'd send about anyone's spin a-tingling.

"That, furthermore, you're so cute and sweet that I can't but want to....
"Eat.
"You.
"Up."

She punctuated her statement with a great, big, toothy grin, just for him. Intimidate (would be) Triggered (at this point)!

From there.....

Orders: ....Pyra would just give him a Single Action Bite! She should be at full HP by now, but Paralysis and an attack from Axel could cause her to flub and Luck Die her 2nd Attack, so I'm planning for the worst here! That, and I highly doubt it'll survive past this Round if Dax and Marcus have anything to say about it....

Move:

Bite
Accuracy: DEX (*1) + Fight (3) + Brawl (1) + Single Action (2) = 7D6 Base Dice
Damage: 5D6 Base
Effect: *Flinch 3*