Pokemon Uranium
[Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Uranium (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum)
+-- Forum: Misc and fun stuff (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Roleplaying (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows (/showthread.php?tid=2617)

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - no one - 07-21-2020

Dax was annoyed by Pyra's raucous roaring, but not too upset about getting his sleep disturbed as he never actually needed much sleep. He slowly stretched and walked up to where Pyra and Floette were standing. Dax didn't much like Omega Seekers as a name, but he was outvoted and it didn't much matter either way. They were a proper team, and that meant that they can finally start looking into why the hell they woke up as Pokemon.

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Dragonstrike - 07-21-2020

Yup, if you have multiple abilities to choose from and wish to change it, say so now!  If you do not wish to change it, you don't have to say anything.

"...Team Omega Seekers...okay, got it!  Let me just write your names and species down as well...and you're all set!  You're officially members of the Adventurer's Guild now!  So, let me give you the reminder rundown on what you can do here now that you're official members!"

Floette proceeds to reinform the party, a perpetual smile on her face as she happily chatters away.  (yes, you can technically count this as the obligatory annoying tutorial phase)

Things you can do each day:

Check the Job Notice Boards
  - Floette's board lists mostly land based jobs
  - Qwilfish's board lists mostly sea based jobs
  - The higher your team's rank, the more difficult the jobs they can accept

Visit the shops
  - Green Kecleon sells general merchandise, Purple sells Orbs and TMs.  Stock varies each day for both
  - Cofagrigus's Glorious Gold trades rare items for Gold Bars that can be found in Mystery Dungeons
  - Hawlucha's Slam School is specialized in move related services (whenever Hawlucha can find the thing that's preventing him from reopening his services)
  - East Sea Gastrodon opens Treasure boxes, West Sea is an information broker
  - Duskull Bank stores money (remember to state exactly how much you're depositing/withdrawing.  If you need a reminder on how much is in your account, just ask)
  - Deposit/Withdraw items from Kangaskhan Storage at Café Connection!
  - Chansey Daycare cares for young pokemon and eggs
  - Talk to Marcus to see if he can make an accessory out of materials that you bring him.  His services are fairly simple for now, but as the campaign progresses, he'll be able to make more complex/powerful items.
  - Floette and Qwilfish organize which team members will be going on which missions.  Make sure to state who's going where!

Mingle with the townsfolk and guild
  - Prominent Guild members tend to mingle in the common area in the staff wing of the guild
  - The townsfolk like to hang out at Café Connection, where you can also get a bite to eat if you're willing to pay for it.  Any NPC team members you've recruited can also be found here if you've informed Floette/Qwilfish that they'll be going on an Adventure today.
  - You may hear rumors or have interesting conversations that lead to an adventure from either of these!  Or they could just be normal, everyday conversations *shrug*
  - Feel free to chat up the shopkeeps as well if you want.  They're characters too, after all!

Do some training at the Poliwrath Dojo!
  - As this campaign is much less encounter based than previous games on the forums, I've decided to reserve training sessions for this facility.  In other words, individual training sessions throughout the day won't be a thing in this game for the most part, at least for the time being.
  - Instead, Training will be an all day activity.  You won't grow as much as if you were to fight wild pokemon in a Mystery Dungeon, but you'll gain a little bit of exp at the end of the day without being in much danger, provided you can handle the intensity of the training.
  - More intense training means more exp, but harder/more skill checks.
  - Can be used to train recruited NPC pokemon that aren't currently going on missions.
  - Up to 15 pokemon can train simultaneously
  - Some of the details here are subject to change in the future
  - I recommend that all players train here simultaneously if they wish to use this facility so that there's less downtime for those not involved in an adventure.  Doing so will skip to the end of the day.

Go on an Adventure!
  - If you have jobs to do, head on over to the target location with a team of 3-5 pokemon once you're ready!  Make sure to state who the Leader will be before setting out.
  - If you have multiple jobs in the same dungeon, you can attempt to do them simultaneously
  - If you have jobs in multiple dungeons, you can split the work and send multiple groups of 3-5 pokemon out.  
  - If a team is comprised entirely of NPCs, their job(s) will be handled off screen.  They'll also gain experience from it (more than what the dojo offers if they handle the job(s) well), but greater gains comes with bigger risks
  - The Lapras Travel Liner can carry you to other continents for international missions when you're able to buy a ticket to ride!
  - If a dungeon is particularly far away from town or particularly long, it may be a good idea to pack some food just in case you get hungry.
- If you go on an Adventure, you can't use the Poliwrath Dojo. The opposite is also true.

"Oh, and now that you're official members of the Guild, you can now recruit wild pokemon to your team!  If you haven't KOed a wild pokemon yet, sometimes you'll have an opportunity to try and recruit them!  How you attempt to do so is ultimately up to you!  You'll know what the opportunity looks like when you see it.  Just keep in mind that not all pokemon will necessarily be willing to join the Guild."

"If you have any questions, I'm basically always here in the lobby, so feel free to ask!  Once you know if and where you're adventuring today, let me know, and I'll handle the paperwork!"

So, what does everyone wish to do?  You can handle a lot of the busywork from visiting shops all in one big post to keep things concise.

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - no one - 07-22-2020

Dax listens intently to Floette's introduction, before starting to think. Buying a TM sounded good, but he had almost no money so that wasn't really an option. He had no gold for the auromaniac coffin so that was a bust too. He had no treasure boxes, no money to store, pretty much no items to store away with Kangaskhan, and nothing with which Marcus could craft him anything. That led him to one conclusion.
"Thanks, love. I'm personally inclined to go on another mission. I think we're all short on cash for now, and it'd help to get a little more. We might also be able to find some cool stuff and recruit some Pokemon. What do you say guys?"

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - PhantomUnderYourDesk - 07-22-2020

(07-22-2020, 06:46 AM)no one Wrote: "(...)'m personally inclined to go on another mission. I think we're all short on cash for now, and it'd help to get a little more. We might also be able to find some cool stuff and recruit some Pokemon. What do you say guys?"

Ohhhh Kee's all up and eager for that, and he expresses it by giving the waterly lizard Dax is a very toothy and agreeing smile. His bushy tail wags in anticipitation and his fine fur bristles out of eagerness to go on another adventure!~  "Def'nitely, Dax!~ ( ÒωÓ)و☆ But first - gotta finish some other business, 'n get a bite t'eat, 'kay? I'll be off then, but it shouldn't take too long, if anyone of ya wanna join me now, ya better get movin!~" And off Ziggy Kee is in his best zigzag-manner.

Ziggy Kee's first stop is the shop run by the Kecleon Brothers, a place that he wants to make a habit visiting each day before adventuring/exploring. They said their merch to sell varies day by day, and he definitely doesn't want to miss the chance of finding just the right Item he laid his eyes on or anything remotely useful on his adventures! "Good moooooorniiiiiin', ya two!~" he still sounds tired and yawn-y in between the lines, but his curiosity gets the better of him. "Soooo, whatcha got to sell t'day? ^_^ I'm nat lookin' for anythin' particular t'day, just browing!"

The next stop will be Marcus's place, both to update him about them all successfully having become new trainees at Delphox'a Adventurer Guild and to thank him once more for his early hospitality. "We've also got a base on our own in tha buildin', ya know! Kinda cool. Until that one's finish'd we - or 't least, I - will sleep 'nd rest at the Guild itself. The Guildmaster, a fierce Delphox, seems t'me like a strict yet fair leader. S-so eager t'become a strong 'n known adventurer 'nder her f'gurative wings, yesssss!~~☆"
-------
"Oh b'sides; d'ya r'member those Boldore Crystals I left with ya? Ya still 'ave 'em, have ya?~ I kinda still wish t' make 'em into a cool accessory please, a charm or such... D'ya've got an idea what further materials I should look out for during adventures for ya t'craft it? Oh, I'll pay 'f course if needed!" (Said wish-accessory is still something that'll help Kee clash succesfully, alternatively something that'll function as something that reduces damage by a failed clash)
-------
Furthermore: "Ah, 'nd d'ya by chance have some sort of necklace or chain ya don't really need or a re fine partin' with? Just something I can clip the Adventurer badge on for me t'wear it like a necklace." (Akin to the dogtags human-Kee usually wears/wore)

After that he'll pay Café Connection a visit, to 1. store 1 Apple at Kanga and 2. get some simple breakfast before adventure. (How much would that be in $Poke, will we get hungry during adventures faster if we don't have breakfast beforehand?) While eating Ziggy Kee's got both his ears open for any 'interesting conversations' that might take place... His natural curiosity will be satisfied by simple listening already!~

Once all that has been handled and dealt with, he'll return to Delphox's Guild, being ready and willing to go out onto adventures now! He'll check the board with the job requests run by Floette. Hummmm, how about going after an outlaw this time?~

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Lord Windos - 07-22-2020

(07-21-2020, 03:00 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:

Presumably Pyra would be just as animate as Floette when it comes to talking about the A.G. (or asking about it, in the demoness' case), but let's just say that all of that got 'taken care of' and helped contribute to the overall info dump the group got! One day she'll get better about her over eagerness to ask questions about EVERYTHING, but that is not today.

The brimstone imp readily agrees with Dax's suggestion for them to take another mission, giving them a bright smile and a thumbs up! "Agreed, Dracofish Dax! Never can we gain too much wealth in riches and experience, yes, so let us boldly go to increase our fortunes!"

Before that, however, Pyra has some of task of her own to accomplish to sate her own curiosity. First, she'd head off to Cofagrigus' domain to scope out what they had on offer (and what their place looked like), see what 'Gold Bars' are and learn more about them (and where/how to find them), and simple get to know the sarcophagus spirit a bit more. Through material wealth in of itself holds little interest to her, the Knowledge, History, and expertise behind it and can be obtained in exchange for it very much does appeal to her! That, meeting with them sounded like an interesting experience!

Next, she'd head over to the Kecleon Brothers to see what they had at her time of arrival , being particularly interested (IE: Asking about)  in TMs or any Items that have high utility/versatility in their function they might have in stock that day (or could get in a reasonable amount of time). Normally the lil' fiendess would've tagged along with her friends to the market, but she REALLY wanted to see Cofagrigus first and didn't want to unintentionally pressure them into making any hasty purchases by making a query some comment or so from her.

Depending on what she finds out from her visits with the above merchants will determine if she has anything else she'd like to do, so for now those visits will be it!

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Spiritmon - 07-22-2020

Kogeki smile to Daxter and said. "Sounds a good thing to me. Missions is the best way in improve our skills in battle and get stronger. There is no better teaching than a real battle as they say. Gonna find some information before we head to our next destination."

Before head to our mission, Kogeki decided to gather some information. He decide to explore a little more the Guild and meet the others members. He also try to gather any information about any possible Skarmory who might be close in the region...Or others rumors he might use. Time to Kogeki work a bit in his social skills.

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Dragonstrike - 07-24-2020

Marcus is hard at work at his workbench, seemingly working from dawn until dusk.  He seems much more keen to talk about his work than the guild.

"Oh, got accepted into the guild, huh?  Well, good for you.  I'm still working on a little project of mine, so I'll let you know when I need that favor from all of you.  As for that item you've requested, yes, I do still have the crystals.  If you can find me something that I could attach it to that you could wear, I think I should be able to make it so that you'd be able to use the energy from the sun that the crystal absorbs to fuel your attacks somehow, give them a little more oomph in the right conditions.  The material's rather rare, so it shouldn't be too hard to make something out of the ordinary with it.  Could be set into a bracelet, sewn into a scarf, or something else that you'd wear." (in metagame speak, it'll give you +1 clash while wearing the item when completed using a common material)

"I think I should have a little bit of spare thread around from my last scarf making project...ah, here it is.  Go ahead and take it.  It's not enough for me to do anything with, after all, so it'll serve you better than it'll serve me."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Since it's earlier in the day, there seems to be a few more low rank missions on the board that haven't been completed yet compared to yesterday.

"Feel free to accept up to 4 of those jobs!  If they're completed before you get to them, I'll let you know."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The gold clad Cofagrigus seems to definitely be obsessed with the stuff.  "Welcome to Cofagrigus's Glooooorrrrius Gooooold!  What are gold bars?  Why, they're the most woooooooooooonderful metal you could ever lay eyes oooooooooooon!  On rare occasions, you might see it buried in the ground in Mystery Dungeons.  If you happen to find any, give it all to meeeeeee!  I'll reward you handsoooooomely with rare items that even the Kecleon brothers struggle to keep in stooooooock.  The moooooooore goooooold the better!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hello, and welcome to the Kecleon shop!"

"Finest selection of items in the world, right here, hand picked just for you!"

Green Kecleon's Stock:
2 Oran Berries
2 Reviver Seeds
3 Gravelerocks (50 Poké each)
2 Pecha Berries

Purple Kecleon's Stock:
1 Weather Orb 
1 Observer Orb 
1 Magical Leaf TM (1500)
1 Escape Orb

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Meals at Café Connection aren't too expensive, usually costing 50-100 Poké.  Paying for a meal at the facility will mean you get hungry less quickly for that day only, yes.

*rolls*

Kee and Kogeki both overhear the Sandslash and Hippowdon gossiping about some recent events.

Kogeki also asks Gothorita if she knows where any Skarmory might live.

"Skarmory?  Eh, I don't really care.  I think they live high up in the mountains or something.  Real recluses.  Now, are you ordering something, or should I go let someone else bother me?"

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - PhantomUnderYourDesk - 07-25-2020

Marcus:

Hummmmm, Ziggy Kee makes a mental note that says 'Better nat speak about anythin Guild-related twards Marcus as he seems sensitive bout tha topic'.

Wll then, change of topic to happier issues!~ Kee's super-excted and eager to hear about his Accessory-Hopes being doable and possible, yessss! ( ÒωÓ)و☆ He playfully salutes to the craftsman of a Cubone. "Thankies 'n my pleasure, Marcus! Will look out for some stuff t'attach the crystal 'nd bring t'ya once I found it! same for the favour we all owe ya, just let us know 'nd we'll work on grantin' it. Oh, and thanks once moar for that spare thread, yay! Well, I'll get goin' then, 'till next tiiiime!~~"

Once outside, Ziggy Kee immediately attaches his Adevturers Badge onto that thread and hangs it around his furry neck. Very stylish. (・ω<)☆

At the Kecleon Shop:

"G'd Mornin' and G'd Day ya two!~ Guess what, I've been accepted as a new adventurer at Delphox's prestigious Guild yesterday!~~" There's obvious pride in Kee's voice and stance as he tells that. "So, ya better get used t'me stoppin' by yar shop every mornin' t' check yar fine goods 'nd prepare for mY aDVenTurEs!1!1!! o(≧▽≦)o"

"Oh, and I'll happily take those two Pecha Berries pwease. Bein' poisoned down a Mystery Dungeon sounds like nightmare fuel, ugh... Here's 24$P!" Noe Kee has 3 Pecha Berries in total. (Added to Inventory, Money updated)

At Café Connection:

He can't help but to chuckle about the gossip between Sandslash and Hippowdon. Huh. so there are more outlaws recently...? Kee's fur bristles instinctively at that thought, given that this means both trouble on the negative side and more missions = adventures on the positive side.

He opts to skip breakfast today, given that he still has 2 Apples on himself in case he gets hungry during missions. Maybe he'll also come across yummy food during today's assigments?~ But he'll definitely enjoy a meal another day, oh yes he will!!

Before leaving again though, he approaches Kangaskhan with a jolly and toothy smile on his face. "G'd morniiiiin', dear Kanga!~ Café's always that busy in tha mornings? Seems like a popular place, haha!~ Uh, anywae, I'll let ya know that I've been accepted as a new adventurer at the prestigious Guild in town yesterday! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ I... I can bareley be happier 'bout that!!" He chases his purple tail tip in eager for a few seconds. "Havin' hopes t'gather lost of cool stuff down these Mystery Dungeons, so please expect me t'entrust any loot into yar safe hands! Speakin' bout loot... *rummaging in his guitar bag* Can ya pleeeeeeease store that one Apple, this one Pecha Berry and this one Gravelerock for me?"

Back at the Guild, investigating the jobs to choose from:

As stated in MetaThread, Ziggy Kee feels inclined to try on the F Rank Mission titled 'The Good Stuff' and E Rank Mission 'For Cleanliness!', so he suggests just that to the others. "Sounds like a fine challenge t'go 'n teach some mean outlaw a lesson, hehehehe! Ohhhh, and 'Hall of Magic'..." Every single hair of the furry punkstar stands up from simple reading the name of this place, he GAAAASPS as his curiosity is basically forcing him to explore such a magical place. "AHHHHH can I lead tha wae through that hall? Can I, can I?~~" *turning towards Dax/@no one, Kogeki @Spiritmon and Karen @Dragonstrike* "Or d'ya people wanna give it a try once? It's meanin' responsibility t'handle, but not that hard 'n more like exciting!"

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - no one - 07-26-2020

Dax stared at the mission notice board while he slowly made sense of the footprint runes. He wasn't quite fluent with them yet, but he was improving fast. It was pretty instinctive. He was divided on which ones to do.

"On the one hand, we could go to the Hall of Magic to get the X-Eye Seed (whatever the hell that thing is) for that Silicobra (never seen one) and deal with the Monferno, or we could also go to Distant Desert to get an Oran Berry to the Snorunt who needs it (why in sweet, sweet Wodir's name would a Snorunt go to a desert) and deal with the Komala for Flygon to maybe get into the sherrif's good graces. I'm good with either. What about you guys?"

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - PhantomUnderYourDesk - 07-26-2020

Towards Dax: "Or we could take all the missions ya s'ggested 'n head t Hall of Magic t'day, then to Distant Desert t'morrow in case there won't be any jobs suitable for us ヽ(・∀・)ノ" From Ziggy Kee's stance and expression, it's rather obvious that he desires to explore the place called 'Hall of Magic' first. He's basically radiating sheer eagerness and excitement!

Towards Floette: "Uh, is that even possible, dear Floette? Ya said 'pick up to 4 jobs'... As in, we take two jobs to aim c'mpletin' 'em t'morrow?"