Pokemon Uranium
[Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Uranium (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum)
+-- Forum: Misc and fun stuff (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Roleplaying (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows (/showthread.php?tid=2617)

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Dragonstrike - 08-13-2020

Solosis and Chimical are completely unfazed by Team OS's attempts at intimidation, and Solosis merely shakes its head at Pyra's initial remark.

"Can you really not be bothered to remember us?  For shame, for shame.  I suppose we'll just have to make sure we're extra memorable, then."

"Cut the power play?  Well, I'm afraid you have a lot to learn about the guild sssssstill, then.  You ssssssee, the higher ranked you are, the more resssspect you get.  And you newcomersssss are all still just Normal rank.  We can tell from your badgesssssss."

[Image: Normal_Rank_Explorers.png]

"We, however, are Bronze rank.  Or at least, this particular branch of Team Artificers is.  I would suggest you think carefully before doing anything rash.  Lower ranked teams should give those of a higher rank the respect they deserve."

[Image: Bronze_Rank_Explorers.png]

Chimical begins circling around Pyra and Kee, doing that thing that some cats like to do where they get right up in your personal space and rub right up against, you, tail raised as high as they can get it so that you can't possibly miss it.  Of course, Chimical's tail also happens to be a snake, so when it's raised, it hisses at Pyra. 

"Ahahaha.  Yessssss, you sssssshouldn't make threatssssss that you don't intend to keep, Charmander.  Otherwissssse, you won't be any better than that traitoroussssss Marcussssss."

It's then that the group hears the sound of heavy footsteps coming from the corridor on the left.  It sounds like stone slamming against stone repeatedly in a slow, constant rhythm.

"Ah, that would be our ally.  They must be recharged now.  It seems our time here is almost up, Chimical."

"What a sssssshame.  And I wasssss having sssssso much fun, too.  Ah well.  Run along then, I sssssupossssse.  Wouldn't want you to be caught by the monsssssster that sssssnatches up pokémon that linger for too long in Mysssssstery Dungeonssssss."

Solosis and Chimical are making no moves to leave quite yet since they're likely waiting for their ally, but they make no attempts to stop Team OS if they wish to leave, either.

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Spiritmon - 08-13-2020

Kogeki look at Solosis and Chimical badges and after a few seconds. "Haha. If this is your best attempt in intimidate us, sorry in disappoint. Respect it is something you conquered by earn. Honestly? It is ridiculous someone trying to bully someone with less rank just because you guys have higher rank."

"You know what people call that? Someone who fear loose their position and rely on fear to make others loose confident."

When Kogeki see Chimical try to raise his snake tail against Pyra, Kogeki use speed to stop close to Chimical. "We don't own any respect for any of you two. Want respect? Treat others better instead of rely in intimidation."

"Now if you two don't have anything useful to say, we have better things than to deal with both of you. And one thing: We are members of the same Guild, but I begin to understand why Marcus leave." Kogeki begin to walk again ahead but he said one thing. "I always up for a challenge however. You guys want to prove be good about badges? Prove it. But not now. Everything have time and space."

Kogeki said those last words and guide everyone ahead.

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Dragonstrike - 08-13-2020

As Kogeki turns around, he immediately bumps into a pokemon made of stone!  They're about as tall as Pyra, and parts of them are glowing as they flex with robotic movements. When the heck did they get there?!

Kogeki's just walked into a strong looking Golett, and Chimical is snickering as they walk up to Kogeki and get in his grill instead, finding another opportunity to continue the conversation.  The snake tail hisses at the Riolu, too.

"Oh, does the little dog think the badgesssssss are meaninglesssssss?  We earned that badge, and we will be more than happy to ssssshow you how outclasssssed you really are if you're going to look for a fight.  It really wouldn't inconvenience usssss at all."

Golett rams a fist into the palm of its other hand to accentuate the point.  The sound echoes through the hallways.

"You talk big, little dog, think you have ussssss all figured out.  But are you willing to put your poké where your mouth issssss?  We're more experienccccced, more powerful...do you really think you ssssstand a chance of beating usssss?  Badgessssss are proof of a team'ssssss ssssstrength.  The only onesssss who have sssssomething to prove right now are you.  You're the onessss with a lower rank, after all."

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - PhantomUnderYourDesk - 08-13-2020

Huh. When Team Artificers shows their Adventurer Badge, Ziggy Kee finds himself STAAAAAAARING at it with his deep-red eyes widened to the size of saucers! His heartbeat accelerates, he slowly gasps, he feels just like the first time he saw this badge on Chimi back at Dry Forest.....

....And then he averts his gaze to STAAAAAAARE back at Chimi, his expression not showing any sort of fear but more like.. RESPECT! He's still completely fearless about pouncing at them and wrecking havoc according to his Instincts, but his Logic tells him to go the totally opposite direction. "Bronze Rang, ya're sayin'? How interesting...! Weeeeeeell, ya know what, t'me it actually DOES make sense that the higher yar Rank, the more respect ya get.... Congrats to yar Rank, hehe! Nah, ya know.... Maybe when we're sittin' at the SAME Rank I'd be up to settle issues b'tween us with a good ol' battle, but NOW it kinda seems clear that ya'll wreck us if we do... Huuuuuhhhh, but now ya've gotten me HYYYYYPED to work on raisin' our Team's Rank, hehe!~"

Maybe Chimi will calm down a bit and stop acting like they do if Kee's buttering them up a bit like this? Congrats and oozing charm has worked for him in the human world, so maybe...?

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Spiritmon - 08-13-2020

Kogeki didn't show fear, not even before Golett. He only calm say to them again. "There is time and space for everything."

"There a old saying: A stone is strong and difficult to fall. And water can barely destroy it. However, sea can cut the stone with time and patience."

"Like I said, in other opportunity we might fight. But right now, both of our Teams have their own missions to accomplish. And of course I still need to sharp my skills. In a fight against you, we probably gonna loose."

"Now: Can you move aside please? We have tasks to do and little time."

Action: In case Chimical attack Kogeki in retaliation Kogeki will simply just dodge.

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - no one - 08-13-2020

Dax glares at the group with even more anger as they continued threatening them before snarling at the Chimical
"We did say that we don't want to fight. Stop messing with us or you'll get yourself into a little more trouble than you bargained for. We may be a Normal Rank team, but you can bet that venomous worm of a tail that we're not gonna let you push us around. You're a Bronze Rank team, which means you're strong and that's something I can definitely respect. But you lost any respect that that earned you by pulling this shit. Learn some politeness from your Solosis friend there, and maybe then you'll get the respect you think you deserved."

Upon seeing the enormous Golett, Dax tenses up as adrenaline pumps through his body in anticipation of a fight. This Golett may be a little tough to beat. Upon hearing the Chimical try to goad Kogeki into a fight with them Dax steps forward and speaks again.
"We may or may not be able to beat you. I certainly don't want to try. At the same time, I wouldn't advise trying to fight us either. We've never seen you fight. You've never seen us fight. I don't want my arse to be booted back to the guild, and I'm sure that you don't either. So why don't we rather go our separate ways, and pick this up another time when we both know what the other side is capable of?"

Some statements that justify why everyone wants to avoid combat, huh?  That is likely to be more convincing...

Daxter's argument holds the most water, so I'll use his stats as the basis of the roll.  Kee and Kogeki have their own points as well, so I'll roll to see if their arguments sufficiently back up Daxter's.

Smart + Logic will be the basis for each roll.

Kee: (5)(5)(3)(6*) (I'll just go ahead and put that Will point that was spent earlier here since it's related to the current situation)
Kogeki: (4)(1)(1)

Daxter's argument gets a +1 Bonus from Kee's slight flattery.  It will be opposing 5 Will.

Daxter: (4)(6)(3)(3)(6*) 3 successes
Will: (6)(6)(5)(3)(2) 3 successes

Those latest arguments do seem to have a little more of an impact.  Chimical doesn't seem to be convinced as they continue to taunt the party, but Solosis breaks the stalemate.

"Ah, then I think we all agree that fighting now would just be a waste of our time, right, Chimical?"

"Hmmmm...yessssss, I ssssupossssse if they wissssssh to take the cowardly way out, then we can jussssst leave now.  Golett is recharged, sssssso our bussssinesssss here is concluded anywayssssss.  But know thisssssss: Team Artificerssssss issss alwayssssss at the top of their game, and sssssstrength means ssssso much more here than you newcomersssss think..."

"Nor do we want to get in trouble with our superiors by squabbling with another team over a matter unrelated to our current task."

Chimical looks very, very briefly annoyed at that last statement from Solosis.  "...yessss, that would be more trouble than it'ssss worth.  Consssssider yoursssssselvessssss lucky, newcomersssss."

And with that, Chimical, Solosis, and Golett take their leave, traveling down the corridor the group just came from.  Chimical's tail snaps one last time at Kogeki as the chimeric pokémon walks past the Riolu.  Everything goes quiet once more, and the tension that had been in the air lifts somewhat.

It's then that Karen finally speaks up.  The tension had been making her really nervous and reluctant to speak.  "...um...I just thought about this, but...do they even know our names yet?"

Situation defused, and everyone gets 2 exp for it!  Good job!  So, where to now?

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Spiritmon - 08-14-2020

Kogeki after Team Artificer had left he begin to continue the path. His choice is this:

[img][Image: Hx3OOWn.png][/img]

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Dragonstrike - 08-14-2020

The corridor continues to slope upwards, and Team Omega Seekers finds that Kogeki has lead them to a strange looking, slanted room.  Is it just the floor that's sloping?  No, the ceiling is too...it's hard to tell if the room actually is slanted or if the group's eyes are playing tricks on them.

[attachment=1092]

There's a hallway at the top of the sloping room, and another hallway at the bottom.

...and looking right at the party in the middle of the room is a group of wild pokémon!  A Drifloon, a Spoink, and a Magnemite all move to intercept the party!  There's lots of space to move in this room, but the dimensions of this room's floor plan don't seem quite right...

It's time to roll initiatives!

Initiatives
Daxter: (6) + 3 = 9
Kogeki: (5) + 3 = 8
Kee: (5) + 3 = 8
Magnemite: (6) + 2 = 8
Drifloon: (5) + 2 = 7
Pyra: (4) + 2 = 6
Spoink: (3) + 2 = 5
Karen: (3) + 1 = 4

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - no one - 08-14-2020

After leaving the last room with the trio of arrogant twats, Dax felt himself become stronger and better equipped from his seemingly insignificant, but apparently not so adventures. (Use 6 exp to increase Brawl from 0-1 and 6 to level Channel from 0-1)

Dax tensed up once again, as the trio of Pokemon approached them. This room was weird, so battling in it might be difficult. The Drifloon, Spoink and Magnemite all lived in the Hall of Magic, which meant that they understood the turf so they definitely had the advantage. This meant that he should try to avoid a fight with them as best as he could. He remained alert, and kept his eyes trained on the trio.

Action: Bubble on all three opponents and Scratch on Spoink

Bubble Accuracy: 2d6 Dex + 2d6 Fight + d6 Channel - 2d6 multi-action = 3d6
Scratch Accuracy: 2d6 Dex + 2d6 Fight + d6 Channel - 4d6 multi-action = d6
Bubble Damage: 3d6 Special + 2d6 Power + d6 STAB = 6d6
Scratch Damage: 2d6 Strength + 2d6 Power +1d6 Dog Collar= 5d6