Pokemon Uranium
[Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Uranium (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum)
+-- Forum: Misc and fun stuff (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Roleplaying (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows (/showthread.php?tid=2617)

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Dragonstrike - 09-29-2020

(Pyra wandering the halls in the early morning is fine.  Didn't mean to step on your toes there, just wanted to keep things moving.)

Marcus nods when Daxter asks if they can have some time to prepare and Kee asks if Marcus knows what the Secret Quarry Mystery Dungeon is like.

[attachment=1104]

"I've actually been there once or twice myself.  Lots of Fire type pokemon living there, contrary to what you might think.  Handful of Ground and Fighting types, too, the worst of which is the Hippowdon.  If there's a Hippowdon present, it usually sets off a sandstorm in the area, and it doesn't stop until you find and defeat the pokemon that started it.  It's a little hard to find teams that are willing to help me try and navigate the place, honestly.  I think you guys should be able to handle it, though, particularly if Daxter and Karen tag along.  And if you need time to prepare, I can wait a day.  I understand my request is a little out of the blue.  Definitely make sure you're ready before we set out.  And also make sure you tell Pyra about this when you see her, too.  Even if she is at a type disadvantage, having someone as Intimidating as she is will likely be a big help."

[attachment=1105]

"And you're always welcome to pay me a visit at my workshop to show me what kinds of crafting materials you've picked up, Kee.  Only way you're going to find out what I might be able to do with them is by showing them to me, after all."

--------------------------------------------------------

When Kogeki goes to visit Floette, she smiles and greets him cheerily.  Hard to say if she's a morning pokemon because she seems to be almost permanently cheery.

"Morning Kogeki!  Hm, Braixen?  Oh, you mean the guildmaster's daughter?  Yeah, she's pretty much always hanging around the guild.  She doesn't get outside much.  You can usually find her hanging around the lounge if she's not in her room.  Doesn't talk to other pokemon much, though.  If you ask me, I think she could use a few friends, but...well, let's just say that I don't think anyone that's tried previously has gotten positive results."

"Oh, do you still need to meet with the guildmaster this morning?  The appointment's still scheduled, and the guildmaster has said that she'd be willing to talk with you guys, so you're free to go see her any time before midday, okay?"

---------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, as Pyra's wandering the halls, she ends up bumping into Blitzle from Team Gallop.  He doesn't seem to be in any particular hurry, though, so nobody gets knocked over by the collision this time.  "Oof!  What the...oh, it's you.  You're up early.  Don't usually see many pokemon up at this hour, honestly.  Well, I always see Floette awake.  I wonder when she sleeps...anyways, hi.  *ahem*"

The zebra pokemon takes an awkward step backwards so that he's not right next to Pyra, not really sure what to say.

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Lord Windos - 09-29-2020

(09-29-2020, 10:04 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: (Pyra wandering the halls in the early morning is fine.  Didn't mean to step on your toes there, just wanted to keep things moving.)

(...)
---------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, as Pyra's wandering the halls, she ends up bumping into Blitzle from Team Gallop.  He doesn't seem to be in any particular hurry, though, so nobody gets knocked over by the collision this time.  "Oof!  What the...oh, it's you.  You're up early.  Don't usually see many pokemon up at this hour, honestly.  Well, I always see Floette awake.  I wonder when she sleeps...anyways, hi.  *ahem*"

The zebra pokemon takes an awkward step backwards so that he's not right next to Pyra, not really sure what to say.

(Tis fine, tis fine. It's up to me to roll with the punches and whatnot of the campaign, but the thought is appreciated!)

Pyra almost didn't notice the zip zapper aburpt introduction due to a combination of mild exhaustion (mental and physical) from a poor night's sleep and being deep in self reflection over Kogeki. Heck, she almost bowled him over and continued on wandering the Guild halls like some half dazed specter! It was due to her present state, however, that she just didn't ignore Blitzle anyway like he was beneath her notice, giving him a tired neutral stare as he clumsily tried to break the ice.

".....Work and improve upon on your conversational skill you should, Early Bird Blitzle. If caught off guard, meet someone unaware, talking with someone unnerving, you should muster your resolve, speaking confidently and with conviction. Don't let it freeze your mind, still or stutter your tongue, and never cede complete control over a talk if you can avoid and prevent it. Find topics you command greatly and wisely to speak from, feign interest or Knowledge about what others are saying, learning much as you can about it so you can talk wisely about it later or then. Or keep talk short sweet and beat retreat, if you can't converse properly-spirited at all."

The brimstone imp neutrally lectures poor? ferromagnetic foal  in a rambling, half absent minded yet somehow half chiding tone. It's rather clear she's still heavily distracted and not entirely focused on him, her head state still in a right muddle mire and simply not having the energy to care about him/her appearance or pretend otherwise. Or in other words, she's just reacting partially on autopilot with him, which is apparently critical helpfulness when she doesn't have the energy for her usual cheerful curiosity. Who'd have thunk that?

"*Blinks* ....Oh, and greetings. Farewell and good bye now."

If he doesn't have anything else to say she'd abruptly end their talk as they had begun, neatly sidestepping him and continuing to thoughtfully/ponderously wander the halls, until she inevitably ends up in the Lobby later on looking over the currently posted Jobs. Partially too kill time until her friends find her (for she doesn't want to lose track of them ENTIRELY this day, despite her moodiness) and sate her curiosity on what busy work and/or scoundrels needed to be tidied up, and partially to distract herself from her mental-moral delimena (which she was getting nowhere productive with). 

Dear Inferno, this was going to be a long day for her, yes indeed. Oh how she loathes this crisis Kogeki foisted upon her, sapping her vim and vigor and leaving her entirely too Dark for her liking....

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Dragonstrike - 09-30-2020

*rolls*

Blitzle blinks a few times and stares blankly as Pyra gives him a surprise lecture on conversation skills, somehow even less sure of what to say than before.  As she walks past him, he turns to watch her curiously, wondering what the heck that was all about...

The job board is filled with jobs this morning once again.  There's a lot of new jobs posted today.  Looks like the ones Team OS hadn't accepted aren't posted any more.

GM's Note: Story Objective Quests do not count towards the maximum number of jobs that can be accepted at a time.

As Pyra's glancing at the board, however, Blitzle walks up behind her and nudges her to grab her attention.  "...you doing okay?  You look a little out of it, if I'm being honest..."

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Spiritmon - 09-30-2020

(09-29-2020, 10:04 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:

"Thanks Marcus. When we ready to go, we call you to make sure we can go. Speaking of materials, I still searching for that Skarmory feather. I will find eventually just wait."

"The lounge? Alright. Need to speak with her. About the Guildmaster, I will just need to talk with her. I talk with the Guildmaster later. Thank you." Kogeki say his goodbye and go to the lounge to find Braixen.

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - no one - 09-30-2020

"Oh yeah, I'd like to see the Guildmaster. She should know about this supposed 'boss'." Dax replies to the Floette. He hurries over to the Guildmaster's office and knocks on the door cautiously. As an afterthought, he gets ready to nudge Kogeki at any point in time Kogeki might start misbehaving with the Guildmaster. The last thing they needed was for Kogeki to be blasted to the moon by an angry Delphox.

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Lord Windos - 09-30-2020

(09-30-2020, 02:25 AM)Dragonstrike Wrote:

The less than mischevious lil' fiendess hums curiously at the absence of the other jobs her team had lined up to do, resolving to ask Floette about this later to see if anyone has already completed them. She also makes mental note of the Holey Meadow missions and Valley of Strong Winds one, as the former seemed rather interesting (not in the least because of the prospect of facing a Water type criminal [how exciting!]), while the later might be a task best suited for her friend's new friends to prove themselves useful and competent enough for Team OS. Somebody would have to join them to ensure they don't mess up, though - maybe Karen or Dax, since they seem to be the more sociable and 'coddling' of the group.

At Blitzle prodding, she almost whirled around to snatch at the offending appendage out of instinct/Instinct, but at the last second she decided to glance behind her first to see if such prompt action was warranted. No need to cause unnecessary trouble with her fellow Guildmates, even if she was in a bit of a funk and wanted something, anything to help her dispel it. 

Because of this Blitzle and his in-explicit (to her) curiosity over her was something  of a mild-tired surprise, rather than an a unwelcome ones that were to be ignored or rebuffed.

".....Better, but speak firmer. Less hesitation, more earnestness seeking and discerning of what truths fancies you."

It was at this point she turned around fully to face the striped sprinter, giving him that same dull, tired, neutral stare of hers as last time.

"Why, I wonder, do you ask and wish to know? You have no reason to harbor care or concern for myself, Surging Zapper Blitzle."

And promptly turns the question back to him, in a manner of speaking. Her tone so far has been firm and neutral - and lacking in any hostility or irritation, thankfully enough for him.

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - PhantomUnderYourDesk - 09-30-2020

(09-29-2020, 10:04 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:

Ewwwwwww, Fighting Types. Ziggy Kee shudders from the sheer MENTIONING of these, but not out of fear but out of disgust - he eagerly shakes himself and grimances as if he has just having eaten a whole portion of Grimy Food for breakfast. Doesn't look like he's scared of them, just...more careful than usually. That Mach Punch from yesterday sure was a decent lesson to him!

Marcus' words that they'll be able to do it manages to distract and encourage him efficiently, so his expression immediately softens and turns into a confident and toothy smile. "Understood an' accepted, Marcus! Ya can count on us, definitely, will reach t'ya once we're ready t'go!~ ( ÒωÓ)و☆"

++Moving onwards to Marcus' place/showing him the materials/the vist Kee wanted to pay him today++

Kee rummages and searches within his stuff until he has found the things he wanted to show the craftman of a Cubone, his spiky blackwhite tail wagging all the way. "Managed t'gather 'em yesterday while we've been travelin' though that ominous Hall of Magic... Now, where did I put it.... AHYES, HERE it is!!1!~~"

He places the bunch of Monferno Hair (both units he has) as well as the Pearl he snatched from Spoink in front of him, giving Marcus an expectant and hyped smile.  "D'ya remember how ya've told me to find anythin' that Boldore Crystal can be 'ttached to? Well, if adding a bit of my bristly hair it should be doable for ya t'weave some sort of ribbon or thread to tie the crystal to so that I can attach it to a paw of mine, right? (So that Kee'll wear it like a wristband or bracelet) RIGHT?? ☆(◕‿◕ ) Oh, and that Pearl..." Kee rolls it around from paw to paw, feeling a bit proud of this particular finding of his. "Snatched it from a Spoink's head we all d'feated... Ya see how dull it is? It's still pretty. I don't feel it's suited for Accessories though, doesn't seem to respond when being touched or held by a Psychic Type. Can ya confirm that, Marcus?"

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Dragonstrike - 10-01-2020

With Pyra:

Blitzle tilts his head questioningly at Pyra's response, then does something that Pyra probably wasn't expecting.  "...is it wrong to be concerned for others?  I don't think it is.  Look, I don't think we had a very good first impression of each other, and I'd like to apologize for that again.  I can't really apologize for Ponyta's own behavior, of course, but...well, she's been through a lot.  Like a lot of pokemon around here, she looks out for the interests of herself and those around her first and foremost, but she's also got her own set of morals.  She doesn't like bribes, for example.  Leaves a bad taste in her mouth.  Things happened, and, well...she doesn't really trust those that aren't in her social circle.  You guys don't seem so bad though.  At least, that's what I think.  So, can we start over?  I really don't think we should be treating each other like dirt."

-------------------------------------------

With Kee:

Marcus's workspace is just as messy as it was before, though he clears a space for Kee to put down the materials he found.

[attachment=1107]

"Weave the Monferno hair into a ribbon to attach to the stone, huh?  Yeah, I think that'd work.  I'll need a day to craft the item, of course, but I think that should be doable.  I'm definitely interested in seeing what combining the hair of a Fire type with a rock that absorbs sunlight might do, too.  Good idea."

As for the pearl, Marcus's eyes go wide when he sees Kee pull that out of the bag.  

[attachment=1106]

"...you snatched that from a Spoink?  Well, I hope they're not going to come after you looking for it, then..."

[attachment=1107]

"...anyways...you're not the first pokemon to bring me one of those pearls.  After a Spoink's picked up one of those, nobody but them can use it, really.  Not sure how that works, particularly since it doesn't seem to benefit them in battle in any significant way, but I do know it's very hard to use those as materials.  I've not quite figured out how to do that yet.  Psychic powers are...weird.  Don't quite understand them.  If you could figure out how to reactivate the pearl, though, desync it from the Spoink that you got it from, and if I can figure out how to craft with those kinds of materials, I could probably do some interesting things with it.  It is a bit big, though...gonna be tricky to make an accessory that's realistically wearable for smaller pokemon.  Maybe if I ground it down into powder...hmmmm...I'll think about it.  Or if you were to evolve and become bigger and/or taller, then maybe it could be turned into an Accessory.  Or failing that, some kind of item to hold."

------------------------------------------

With Kogeki at the lounge:

Kogeki goes searching for Braixen in the lounge, and he finds that there's lots of pokemon hanging out there this morning.  The Arcanine, Lurantis, and Barbaracle are in one corner, and a Drilbur pops out of one of the walls and starts speaking to them about something.  Chimical, Solosis, Golett, and Porygon2 of Team Artificers are in another corner, clearly in some kind of group meeting.  Ponyta and Mudbray are chatting with a Golduck that seems to be listening to them intently.

*rolls*

And pacing all by herself in the one mostly unoccupied corner of the room is Braixen.  She hasn't spotted Kogeki yet, as she's looking at the ground, seemingly pondering something.

------------------------------------------

With Kogeki, Karen and Daxter at the main hall:

I'll flash forward to this to keep things moving.  You can assume that the prior events won't affect it.  If Pyra and Kee also want to join this conversation, they can.

Once Daxter and Kogeki knock on the door to the main hall, they hear the Guildmaster herself say, "You may enter," and the doors open.

Delphox is looking quite intently at the two pokemon standing before her.  Her red eyes almost seem to stare right through them.  "Well, well, well...you seem to have caused quite a commotion already, and you haven't even been here for half a week.  There's a lot of rumors going around town now about this 'criminal organization' that the Monferno you captured yesterday mentioned.  Floette filled me in about that last night, and the sheriff has been urging me to send an experienced group into the field to investigate suspicious activities, so there's no need to repeat information I have already heard.  But seeing as you're here, I'd like to ask you what you all intend to do now that you have reason to believe that this Monferno might be working for someone much more dangerous than he was.  Well?"

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Lord Windos - 10-02-2020

(10-01-2020, 09:11 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: With Pyra:

Blitzle tilts his head questioningly at Pyra's response, then does something that Pyra probably wasn't expecting.  "...is it wrong to be concerned for others?  I don't think it is.  Look, I don't think we had a very good first impression of each other, and I'd like to apologize for that again.  I can't really apologize for Ponyta's own behavior, of course, but...well, she's been through a lot.  Like a lot of pokemon around here, she looks out for the interests of herself and those around her first and foremost, but she's also got her own set of morals.  She doesn't like bribes, for example.  Leaves a bad taste in her mouth.  Things happened, and, well...she doesn't really trust those that aren't in her social circle.  You guys don't seem so bad though.  At least, that's what I think.  So, can we start over?  I really don't think we should be treating each other like dirt."

-------------------------------------------

Indeed the lil’ demoness is brought up short by their piercing question, blinking at them Noctowlishly and with an air of……not quite confusion, but something close to it as she tilts her head at the Electric trail blazer.

“*Frowns*….Know not that, nay. Never has it occur to me, come bidden to my mind or heart, to care, worry, or sympathize about others beyond my friends, their friends, and all I consider kin…..“

Then, after a moment’s more thought, she shrugs off the issue presented to her like it was a featherweight on her shoulders.

“….Find it not a concept I should care about, too hold an opinion on, no - too trivial and not enough importance to warrant further thought. Your answer could be right or correct, foul or imprecise, or anything else between, betixt, or beyond. *Shrugs Again*  It matters not to me in the end.”

….Well, that statement can be interpreted in many ways, most of them less than flattering. Pyra doesn’t really help herself out there as she continues after another pause, in which she considered the rest of Blitzle’s words with some initial surprise, then perplexation, before ending on a discouraging mixture of apathy, pitilessness, and coldness.

“…..Your apology is meaningless by itself, Zap Zipper Blitzle. Your concern for me is unexpected and confusing, without good reason and history behind it, so whatever meaning behind it, intend with, Evades me, yes. Beyond and pass that, it alone can not-will not repair the severed relationships between you, Team Gallop, and me, no and nay, if not all your companions share your……strange sympathies with-about me. Doubt and think not, I do, that your Leader, one that commands but have not headed you opinions or mine despite our own plights, will ever burn brightly for myself and my Team, if they so poorly understand or refuse to accept-confront their own arrogant folly. Admit I will that my own chastisement of them was too much or not done well, perhaps, and of yours most likely, yes, but it does not make it untrue or false, nor their stubborn rejection of it. *Voice turns icy, eyes narrow Intimidatingly* Moreover, she abandoned my friend in need to the whimsies of fate, refused to even consider it much or even listen to my bargain for their aid. And you and Mudsbray did very little to dissuade her, make her reconsider the selfish heartlessness of her choice.”

It was here she paused briefly to consider something about her last remark, frowning to herself briefly before focusing back on Blitzle.

“…..Though given my own perspective on others perhaps I should not fault her for those feelings-views. Much similar to mine own in part, yes and no. Can least understand and accept her looking out and not looking beyond her friends , that I can permit. After all, one is nothing without their most trust, much beloved companions, and nothing else should matter but them….”

*Expression goes neutral again*

“…..Still and yet, I would have at least hear out what another has-can say in full, before I pass judgement upon them, indeed. Explain my thoughts and reasoning too, yes, if time or circumstance allow it. Another lesson she could well learn, if you are brave enough to give it to her. “

*Beat*

“…..I would have given your Team $1000 Poke of my own, if only you had helped us. Perhaps offer you the promise of future sanctuary and aid, too, if we worked well and got along fruitfully. *Shakes head* That was not to be, no, and mayhaps never will be now. Such possibilities are lost, never to be made real and bold.”

The brimstone imp closes her eyes and lets out a tired, disappointed *sigh* saying that, not terribly pleased with the whole outcome of that fiasco in her own way. When she opens them again, they are neutral and uncaring, but strangely not terribly unkind or scornful. Speaks matter of factly, really.

“All that I have said, convey unto you, I can only now conclude that we can not ‘start over’. Not until Pontya has a change of mind and heart, learns the errors of their way, and wants to make reparations herself towards we, Karen, and my Team. On my end I am willing to accept and return such in kind, despite my own disdain and contempt with her, for I myself and willing to learn from and try not to repeat my own mistakes. That, or until you are brave and bold enough to stand in defiance of their prejudice against us, and accept the consequence of such compassionate impudence. A decision not for the faint of heart or made lightly, one that is likely to cause you as much grief as it does to her and your friend.  Such are the only ways I can envision for us to have the chance for a new relationship.”

And with that, the currently somber fiendess would much the motions to turn away from the Lightning Stallion To Be and back to the board, a clear sign of dismissal if anything else.

......But not before saying this, glancing briefly back to them in a....wistful sort of way.

“….For what it is worth to you, I do not think ill or disappointingly in you anymore, Blitzle. You…….tried to make things right and better, so I can only respect and return such grace and favor to you. Think of that, and what I have said, however you choose.”

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Spiritmon - 10-02-2020

(10-01-2020, 09:11 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:

With Braixen:

Kogeki walk in the lounge, looking at very detail and every Pokemon he can see around. He is always surprised about how much big this place is and the big groups of Pokemon who live there. In the moment he spot Team Artificer, he use the skills he remember as a ninja to use any place to avoid their vision toward him. The last thing he needs is deal with that Chimical again. In the direction of Ponyta and Mudbray the Ghost Riolu simple roll his eyes in exasperation and just follow the path trying to find Braixen. 

When he see Braixen in that corner of the lounge, Kogeki took a deep breath and then go toward her. 

A little question Dragonstrike: Is she sitting in some table with chairs and all that to think about something, or is she simple in some corner thinking?

Kogeki then finally reach close to her and try to clean his throat. "Excuse me. Mind if I talk with you for a second?"

In case she permit Kogeki to join her in the table (or talk to her in that corner) Kogeki then said with a respective bow from his head like those samurais do in japan. "I want to apologize for my behavior yesterday. You were right...I was rude with you. I had a stressful day yesterday and I was not exatcly in my best mood. However, I know this doesnt give me the right to be rude to you or anyone inside and outside of this Guild. I also...not very good in social interactions and...other things. For that, I sorry for what I said to you, for how rude I was, and I want to start over with the right step."

(A little curiosity: Kogeki bowing is a type of bow in japan called Saikeirei, who is a position of bowing of 45° to 70°, where is a way to apologize from one person to another to show one respect, sincerity or apologize to someone.)

(Here the link for anyone to see as some kind of reference to this kind of thing)

Then Kogeki finish the bow after a minute and then said. "Call me Kogeki. A ninja in training. Its a honor in meet you Braixen." Kogeki said those with sincerity in every word he said.

With Delphox:

Kogeki was the first to step in the front of the party and bow in respect towards Delphox.
"...First of all, thank you for giving us some of your time Guildmaster." Then Kogeki look towards Delphox eyes. "Answering your questions, about what we gonna do now...Well, we problably gonna keep our normal routine we been doing in the few days we been doing so far: Picking jobs in the Guild. Acomplish them as better we can. And better gear ourselves for more dangerous future battles we might face. And problably getting any information about Monferno associates we might find to inform both the Guildmaster and the sheriff."

"Basically, we not gonna drastically change our ways. Just doing the things we always do, and be watchful to possible outlaws in other Dungeons. It could be a good thing to send a more experience Team to check the Hall of Magic just to check if there is nothing that Monferno left behind. Perhaps a clue about Monferno associate. Maybe a partner or some kind of illegal stuff from his boss. Criminals sometimes left something behind when they try to hide something."

"Of course, this is just a suggestion Guildmaster, so dismiss it as you see fit. I cant talk in the name of ALL my group, since I dont know what they desire to do, but my idea is to keep doing the normal things I been doing until now."

"I also have something to say Guildmaster...I know how to wield a weapon. At least this one in particular." Kogeki take his kunai and put in the ground, as a signal of respect to the Guildmaster. "This is my weapon...a kunai. The weapon of a ninja. I dont know if it is permitted or not a member in this Guild to carry a weapon, since some pokemon some kind of weapon like a Cubone, but if I joined a Guild and I need to show proof about trust, I prefer to show right away Guildmaster about my skills. I also want to apologize the disrespect I show in the first day I came here. I not very much used to this Guild politic, so I want to apologize for what I done. If it is your desire to take away my weapon, then I will simple accept your decision, Guildmaster. Or want to punish me in some way I also accept. Just dong punish my companions. They have nothing to do with that. If you want to punish someone for hiding such thing, deliver punishment to my person..."

And Kogeki stand there bowing in respect to the Guildmaster, waiting the jugdment from the leader of the Guild.