Pokemon Uranium
[Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Uranium (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum)
+-- Forum: Misc and fun stuff (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Roleplaying (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows (/showthread.php?tid=2617)

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Dragonstrike - 11-28-2020

(Welp, that'll show me for saying 'tomorrow' when said next day happens to be one of the busiest retail days of the year.  On the plus side, I at least had enough energy and brain power to do some planning!)

Dojo Master Poliwrath welcomes everyone (back) to his dojo by getting straight to the point.  "Here to do some training, eh?  Which mazes ya going through today?  Flying for the Zigzagoon; strange Charmander; and Klink, and Bug for the bouncy Fire type, Ralts, and Litwick?  Got it.  I'll be needing all of your items first before I let you in, though.  You'll get them back once you're out of the mazes.  You can hold on to the bags.  You'll need them."

For now, I'll assume that everyone hands over all of their items, which includes accessories, held items, healing items, etc.  You'll be going into these training mazes completely dry (unless you're a Water type)!  If you want to try and sneak items past Poliwrath and into the training mazes, I'll need to roll a Stealth check.

After Poliwrath collects all of the items, he starts leading everyone deeper into the dojo itself.  The facility is a maze of caverns and corridors in and of itself, and everyone quickly becomes lost as Poliwrath walks everyone through them.  The dojo master talks as he walks.

"These mazes are meant to simulate the environments of a Mystery Dungeon, but it's not exactly as random as the real thing.  I'll be showing you to where your training begins, and you'll be on your own from there.  Every maze has several paths that you can choose between in each room, and the only way to figure out what's there is to go take a look yourself.  No signs to guide you, and no turning back after you've picked a path.  The 'wild' pokemon that are around here are volunteers that I've recruited, and they're here to help you.  If you faint, the training ends, and the volunteers will take any items you have on hand and carry you out of the maze, so there's no immediate danger in here.  If you make it to the end, though, you get to keep any items that you found during the training.  Privileges of being members of the Guild and all that.  And if that's too wordy, you'll see what I mean when you get in there.  Real easy, trust me."

TLDR; I won't be using the dungeon tiles for the training mazes, and you get free items if you can make it all the way to the end of the training.

Poliwrath eventually drops the two groups off at two different passages with a distinct feel from the rest of the winding, twisting passages.  The Flying Maze has a faint breeze blowing through the corridor, while the Bug Maze has sticky webs hanging around the entrance (and thankfully, none on the floor).

"You can enter whenever you're ready.  Good luck, and train hard."

Any rolls I need to make or further questions I need to answer before we begin?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Music
Poliwrath Dojo: Makuhita Dojo Remix by (Unknown) - PMD: Red/Blue Rescue Team

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for Kogeki, Polwrath motions for the Riolu to follow him.  "There's not really a viewing area in here, but if you don't have any other plans, maybe you'd be interested in helping me out while your friends are training.  The dojo can always use more volunteers, and I can compensate you for lending us your time."

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Spiritmon - 11-28-2020

Kogeki stop to think for a second...and then nod his head. "Well...it's not like I have something more important to do. What kinda of help you need Master Poliwrath?"

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Lord Windos - 11-28-2020

(11-28-2020, 05:07 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:

(Yeah, I was kinda skeptical of your claim considering Black Friday was around the corner, but I'm glad you survived it well enough!)

At Poliwrath's descriptor for her, she'd helpfully chime in her species' name, giving him a smile and a little twirl as she did so! (Almost) Never a dull moment with this one, eh?

Pyra doesn't feel the need or desire to secret away her Items into the Training Maze, especially after hearing that they'll end up being taken if her whole group gets KOed, so she'd happily hand over her Tiny Reviver Seed, Used TM of Swagger (If Kee didn't keep it himself), and her Pecha Scarf and Fire Proof Glove for safekeeping. Well, maybe not so happily with the F.P.G.; it being the only remnant of her old existence, she does have a certain fondness for the piece of Apparel that leaving it with someone else feels off to her fae sensibilities.

The lil' fiendess listened with careful intensity to the Dojo Master's speal , and when he was finished she just gave him a quick, thankful nod. Surprisingly enough she didn't have any questions for him, for his explanation was thorough and clear enough she didn't feel the need for one. That, and she just wanted to get this training trip started ASAP, as the sooner it starts the sooner she can get to bonding with Karen and put that Litwick through the grinder!

She gave Poliwrath a jolly "Indeed, I will, and my thanks and gratitude to you!" after he lead them to the entrance of the Bug Training Maze, before turning to Dax's group and giving them fond wave.

"Good luck and many blessing on your training trip through the Flying gauntlet! May we both be successful and meet at the ends, yes yes!!"

Then without further ado she boldly skips into the Bug Training Maze, only glancing backwards to beckon the rest of her group to follow.

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - PhantomUnderYourDesk - 11-29-2020

Quote:Any rolls I need to make or further questions I need to answer before we begin?

Does Kee have to give his guitar bag to Poliwrath as well? I guess so as it counts as an Accessory - but he's not very fond of letting that particular memoria in the hands of someonelse, so he totally tries to smuggle it into the Flying Maze (empty of Items naturally). The chance of him pulling this off successfully may be low given how biiiig the bag is, but he'll try regardless! (cue Stealth Check on that please)

Poliwrath's wishing of good luck receives a confident two-claw salute from Ziggy Kee ( ̄v ̄)ゞ , Pyra's fond waving goodbye is responded with a sly wink (・ω<)☆. "Till later then both of ya, good luck likewiiiiiiiise!~" With that the furry crittercoon gets ready by huffing and clawing the ground, and the follows Daxter's lead through the Maze full of airborne Pokemon...

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - no one - 11-29-2020

Dax was a little hesitant to hand over all of his items. He felt a close attachment to the dog collar, and he was even tempted to sneak it in anyway, but decided against it. The Poliwrath seemed trustworthy and reputable, and he didn't want to get on his bad side. There was probably no real need to sneak it in anyway.

"Alright Master Poliwrath. Please look after my stuff. The collar especially. I'll uh... I'll get going now. I mean we will. C'mon guys. Kee, Klink. Let's go!"

Daxter waves his companions over as a gesture to follow him and walks into the maze.

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Dragonstrike - 11-29-2020

Sneaking that massive guitar bag that's bigger than Kee past Poliwrath, huh?  Well, that's going to be difficult...to be more specific, I'd say this is at least Extremely Hard (if not Seems Impossible) due to the sheer size of the item in question compared to Kee himself.  The 1.2.5 rulebook has a Penalty Table with varying difficulties listed along with the appropriate number of dice to remove from the roll for each one on Page 31.

So, the -8/-10 dice will reduce Kee's Stealth dice pool to 0, which means I'll be rolling a Luck Die!  Kee can't sneak the guitar bag past, but maybe something else will happen...

Luck Die!
(5) Bzzzzzt.  So close, yet so far...

Poliwrath doesn't even blink as Kee tries to enter the maze with the very large, very obvious accessory.  "Can't let you take that in, Zigzagoon.  Leave it here with me.  You'll get it back once you've finished your training."

The dojo master doesn't have any more to say to everyone entering the mazes, but he's more than happy to continue talking with Kogeki as they continue walking through the maze of tunnels that comprise the Poliwrath Dojo.

"If you want to help with the training, I could pair ya up with some of your fellow Ghosts in the Ghost Maze.  No guarantees you'll be able to avoid fainting, but it could be some valuable experience, and you'll get some Poké for the trouble instead of items.  How does 500 Poké sound?"

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Dragonstrike - 11-29-2020

Bug Maze, Room 1

Pyra, Karen, and Litwick enter the Bug Maze, and they find a small cavern with cobwebs galore hanging from the ceiling and walls.  The decor is simple, and the trio can hear the chittering and buzzing of Bug types coming from 3 different pathways that lead out of the room and deeper into the maze.

In the middle of the otherwise empty cavern are 3 items:
- An Oran Berry
- Another Oran Berry
- An Apple

As the trio enters the room, a stone door shuts behind them, locking them in the room.  The chittering and buzzing from the three passages in front of the party gets louder as the sound of stone grinding against stone echoes through the caverns long after the door shut.

Karen walks over to the items (with Litwick following close behind the Ralts, trying to distance herself from Pyra somewhat), then picks the items up and shows them to Pyra.  "Well, I guess we should decide who gets to hold on to what, then figure out which path we're going to take.  Any suggestions, Pyra?"

Please decide who gets which items, then pick either path A, B, or C. NPC characters have the same size bags as the players, by the way, so they can hold up to 5 items each.

Flying Maze, Room 1

Daxter, Kee, and Klink all find a similar sight as the other group.  The very first room is rather light on the decor, and has three passages that lead out of it.  As the stone door shuts behind them, the sound echoing throughout the cave system, they begin to here the chirping of various bird pokemon and the loud hum of wings along with the sound of the light breeze blowing through the corridors.

There are also three items in this room:
- A Persim Scarf (Hold Item, prevents Confusion)
- A Tiny Reviver Seed
- An Oran Berry

The sound of metal clinking against metal breaks the silence in the current room as Klink silently gazes around it and at the three paths ahead.

Please decide who gets which items, then pick either path A, B, or C. Again, NPC characters have the same size bags as the players, so they can hold up to 5 items each.

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - no one - 11-29-2020

Dax looks at the three items carefully before shrugging and addressing his teammates.

"Well, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on that scarf over there. I'm not doing too well in terms of money (Pyra giving us all that money was really nice of her), so I'd like to sell it to those Kecleon brothers. My suggestion for the other two is, Kee gets the Seed, and Klink can take the berry. Klink resists all of the flying type moves in here, and you're not exactly the bulkiest of us, Kee, so you might need the seed more. What do you guys think about that? Do you guys want something different?"

Once the items had been sorted correctly, Dax peers over at the three passages. He couldn't see anything special about any of them, so he shrugs and turns to the group. "Let's go through Passage B, shall we? I'm partial to middle passages."

RE: [Game Thread] Pokerole Mystery Dungeon: Primal Shadows - Spiritmon - 11-29-2020

Kogeki think for a few seconds...and then nod his head. "Well, that would be interesting. So I accept the offer, however, do I need to take the Ghost type maze? I mean, the only Dark Move I know is Bite, while the rest of my moves is Normal type."

"Can't take the Normal type or Fighting type Maze? There might be Normal types with access to Dark moves, but at least my chances of survive would be a little higher."