Pokemon Uranium
[Guide] THE HUNT IS ON! An In-depth Guide on Pokeradar and HAs Hunting [Ver. 2.0]. - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Uranium (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum)
+-- Forum: Pokemon Uranium (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: [Guide] THE HUNT IS ON! An In-depth Guide on Pokeradar and HAs Hunting [Ver. 2.0]. (/showthread.php?tid=51)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: THE HUNT IS ON! A guide on Pokeradar and HAs Hunting [UPDATED]. - Iron - 09-27-2016

The egg you get in Bealbeach will never have the HA.

I'd assume the pokeradar would work on the nuclears. Maybe in a future update it will be possible to breed cured nuclear pokemon (assuming they produce a cured egg) and you could get it that way.

RE: THE HUNT IS ON! A guide on Pokeradar and HAs Hunting [UPDATED]. - BCRKangust - 09-27-2016

thanks for the tutorial Big Grin
now i can make a HAhunting

RE: THE HUNT IS ON! A guide on Pokeradar and HAs Hunting [UPDATED]. - Dragonstrike - 09-27-2016

As I didn't see it in the guide, there is one thing I would like to mention concerning HA breeding:

Female pokemon only have a 60% chance to pass on their HA if bred with a pokemon from the same egg group.

What that means is that you only have the base 20% chance to pass the HA on to the offspring if you are breeding the mon with a Ditto/Duplicat, regardless of the pokemon's gender. Not something most people will have to know, but for those fortunate enough to own good enough (3-5 IV most likely) Duplicat to breed competitive mons almost solely off of those Duplicat, it's highly relevant.

...I facepalmed so hard when I remembered this while trying to breed an Eevee for a Magic Bounce Espeon...got my suitable Eevee a few eggs after I swapped the Duplicat for a Nucleon, too, and I'd been breeding 4-5 IV Eevee for HOURS at that point...

And for those who care, here's a reliable source containing that information:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ability#Hidden_Abilities

RE: THE HUNT IS ON! A guide on Pokeradar and HAs Hunting [UPDATED]. - MonkeyLord83 - 09-27-2016

(09-27-2016, 07:48 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: As I didn't see it in the guide, there is one thing I would like to mention concerning HA breeding:

Female pokemon only have a 60% chance to pass on their HA if bred with a pokemon from the same egg group.

What that means is that you only have the base 20% chance to pass the HA on to the offspring if you are breeding the mon with a Ditto/Duplicat, regardless of the pokemon's gender.  Not something most people will have to know, but for those fortunate enough to own good enough (3-5 IV most likely) Duplicat to breed competitive mons almost solely off of those Duplicat, it's highly relevant.

...I facepalmed so hard when I remembered this while trying to breed an Eevee for a Magic Bounce Espeon...got my suitable Eevee a few eggs after I swapped the Duplicat for a Nucleon, too, and I'd been breeding 4-5 IV Eevee for HOURS at that point...

And for those who care, here's a reliable source containing that information:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ability#Hidden_Abilities

Yeah, sorry for being unclear, Youko's guide already covered it so I sorta skipped it a bit. Info added

RE: THE HUNT IS ON! A guide on Pokeradar and HAs Hunting [UPDATED]. - EraMemory - 10-02-2016

Just want to ask something, as a Pokemon noob; do you need to step into the colored shaking grass while it's still lit? Because it seems that if I'm too slow the Chain breaks.

RE: THE HUNT IS ON! A guide on Pokeradar and HAs Hunting [UPDATED]. - MonkeyLord83 - 10-02-2016

(10-02-2016, 03:18 AM)EraMemory Wrote: Just want to ask something, as a Pokemon noob; do you need to step into the colored shaking grass while it's still lit? Because it seems that if I'm too slow the Chain breaks.

nope, if that was the case, I'd failed thrice more often

RE: THE HUNT IS ON! A guide on Pokeradar and HAs Hunting [UPDATED]. - Nekra - 11-01-2016

Hello. Although I think hunting and meeting are different actions, I have some questions (~releted with B1).
Is a player able to meet a HA pokemon WITHOUT a pokeradar? I mean, is it 'something-like-shinies' feature : less rare with pokeradar, more rare without (and hardly detectable than shinines), but with nonzero probability ? Is a player able get HA pokemon before getting a pokeradar except trading?

RE: THE HUNT IS ON! A guide on Pokeradar and HAs Hunting [UPDATED]. - MonkeyLord83 - 11-01-2016

(11-01-2016, 04:10 AM)Nekra Wrote: Hello.  Although I think hunting and meeting are different actions, I have some questions (~releted with B1).
Is a player able to meet a HA pokemon WITHOUT a pokeradar? I mean, is it 'something-like-shinies' feature : less rare with pokeradar, more rare without (and hardly detectable than shinines), but with nonzero probability ? Is a player able get HA pokemon before getting a pokeradar except trading?

No radar = No HA!

Like, I stated at the very beginning of my guide that:
Quote:1. The only legit way to get HA in the current version of the game is through the use of Pokeradar (given to you by Bamb'o after you win at the Championship the first time around), any other ways of getting them (other than same-species breeding/Trading with someone who caught/bred HAs) is NOT legit/considered exploitation/bug.

And then I stated it again in Absolute requirements that the "Pokeradar [is needed] to even begin to hunt for HA mons"...

So I really don't know how else I should phrase format that for people to NOT get the wrong ideas that somehow one could get HA without the radar...

Like should I do HUGE RED BLOCK LETTER? gif? Meme? Repeating "No Radar = No HA!" every 5 sentence through out the guide?

RE: THE HUNT IS ON! A guide on Pokeradar and HAs Hunting [UPDATED]. - Nekra - 11-01-2016

I was looking for something like 'Probability for HA pokemon without pokeradar is X % in Pokemon Uranium.' in different pages, I didn't find one. No need picture, percentage or ratio is what I'd like to see.

Communication with different people can cause understanding easily. Based on person(ality), what looks like a sign, from its true, from another is confusing infromation (I don't mean liers. I mean people who can cause false impression by true words, safer is believe what they exactly told). When I doubt, the safest way is to ask, although I may look lke a stupid guy.

What is a reason people without pokeradar (PR) can't meet wild HA? For shinies, people without PR can meet them, with less chance than those who has PR. Players are able grind for shinies without PR, but I expect you think it is stupid, uneffective and so on. (Do you recomend PR for hunting shinies, don't you? Although it is able without it.)

At least, it is strange for me, PR is able to give pokemons HA. Naturally no HA pokemons exist. Trainer with PR comes, uses radar and (with some chance, depending on specie {HA specie or not}) changes the pokemon's ability to HA one.

Is the difference because HA are not cosmetic only? (At least for couple of them I doubt they are better than regular abilities.)

RE: THE HUNT IS ON! A guide on Pokeradar and HAs Hunting [UPDATED]. - MonkeyLord83 - 11-01-2016

(11-01-2016, 06:31 AM)Nekra Wrote: I was looking for something like 'Probability for HA pokemon without pokeradar is  X % in Pokemon Uranium.' in different pages, I didn't find one. No need picture, percentage or ratio is what I'd like to see.

Communication with different people can cause understanding easily. Based on person(ality), what looks like a sign, from its true, from another is confusing infromation (I don't mean liers. I mean people who can cause false impression by true words, safer is believe what they exactly told). When I doubt, the safest way is to ask, although I may look lke a stupid guy.

What is a reason people without pokeradar (PR) can't meet wild HA? For shinies, people without PR can meet them, with less chance than those who has PR. Players are able grind for shinies without PR, but I expect you think it is stupid, uneffective and so on. (Do you recomend PR for hunting shinies, don't you? Although it is able without it.)

At least, it is strange for me, PR is able to give pokemons HA. Naturally no HA pokemons exist. Trainer with PR comes, uses radar and (with some chance, depending on specie {HA specie or not}) changes the pokemon's ability to HA one.

Is the difference because HA are not cosmetic only? (At least for couple of them I doubt they are better than regular abilities.)

The thing is, you WEREN'T the first to get the wrong ideas and asked, that's why it baffled me as to how and why one could get the wrong idea that HA is obtainable without the radar...